Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,365 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? (67689 Views)

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by davillian(m): 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
I don't know why I keep having this feeling that marriage would take away my freedom..
besides at some point of my life I just get tired of everything and I just want my space..

16 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by hero2000: 1:17pm On Mar 06, 2020
Marriage, true marriage is SACRIFICE. It is not easy to let go of what you want for the sake of your spouse or family. It is tough.

But it is pay so so so much! The more you serve your spouse, the more love fills your home.

15 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Equal2DeTask(m): 1:17pm On Mar 06, 2020
smiley
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by stonegarden: 1:17pm On Mar 06, 2020
Eating Amala and Ewedu everyday.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by proclinician: 1:17pm On Mar 06, 2020
Davash222:

See what Funmi settled for

You are very unbelievable and preposterous.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by MZrapper(f): 1:18pm On Mar 06, 2020
tripplephi:
Well, I do not know what you mean by LOVE in your own language, BUT LET ME BE BRUTALLY HONEST....

The dreadful part where ALL BUTTERFLIES HAVE EITHER DIED OR FLOWN AWAY and HORNnINESS is now a memory AND THE PRESENCE of your spouse feels like a burden cos singleness become so so attractive again like a LIFE GOAL, yet you have to just KEEP FAKING IT AND DOING EVERYTHING when you know it is no longer how it felt like in the beginning.

its Haaaarrrd
See how touching this is. shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by makydebbie(f): 1:18pm On Mar 06, 2020
This thread has drama prospects.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Omoapena(m): 1:18pm On Mar 06, 2020
Longevity is the hardest now.

Marriages hardly last for 30yrs nowadays

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by proclinician: 1:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
SassyGem101:

Are you any better? Is funmisticqueen any better herself? Seeing how you both go about talking recklessly on this forum, you both are no different.

Its obvious the gentle man is already tired and the mere thoughts of marriage with her is giving him the chills cos hes probably seen some red flags that the lady may not have what it takes to keep a man longer in marriage hence the question. And what he needs now is sincere advice and contributions before he makes the mistake of his life.
From what I've read here, that lady is toxic! Jokes apart. Forget the initial niceties. When ladies need something, they act all nice especially if they see their mates getting married and they are being left behind. But once in, they reveal their true self.

This is preposterous

Hell know this is ridiculous

How can you make these inferences about someone u don't know you jealousy stricken dimwit.

7 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Fisher007: 1:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
Lol make I park here today. Sit down they read comments.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by srclark: 1:20pm On Mar 06, 2020
tobidipity:

I love this
no insults intended but you can never say ,even the people you least expect to cheat do it .Some even cheat for no reason .What i have learnt so far do not vouch for anyone

9 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by zaralady: 1:20pm On Mar 06, 2020
A rose gold iPhone 7plus and a white iPhone 8 for sale but phone are from the Us direct very clean and perfectly working fine. Serious buyer should call 08080756701
iPhone 7plus rose gold color 110k
iPhone 8 white 80k non negotiable
https:///Ju41b8WVt9H3Dqoytti59l

Join our group chat for more affordable Us phones and accessories
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by shegzy0007(m): 1:20pm On Mar 06, 2020
Pls people I need 1k for some little food stuffs I beg

0122650758 GTB

OLUWASEGUN
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Incandescent(m): 1:23pm On Mar 06, 2020
Money matters a lot

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by emerged01(m): 1:23pm On Mar 06, 2020
SmellingAnus:
Staying faithful ...
I go with this.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Perfecttouchade: 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2020
Tolerance...op why using Tonto and Churchill pic, are u whining Tonto ni

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2020
This is interesting to read peoples comments here, and I agree, someone like me, that likes adventure and freedom, marriage sounds boring, and it is important we should understand the difficulty of marriage and why we are marrying

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Obinnachu9765: 1:25pm On Mar 06, 2020
see below
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by robotix: 1:26pm On Mar 06, 2020
bigpicture001:
Financial compatibility....

This does not mean being rich by the guy,instead it means being able to share na be of help financially in marriage..,.

Women are non not to be supportive in this aspect nd that see it as their right....

This is a silent home breaker especially for the middle income spouses.

A guy I know divorced his wife straight after sh delivered of their first child... He saved for the D- day..but still fell short of 95k cuz there was complication of deliverering that no one expected.....

While he run from pillar to post to his friends seeking a soft loan pending wen he is paid..the wife still held at the hospital sent her younger sis,who stays with them to secretly go to the house go nd to her matrimonial room nd collect the 65k sh kept in her bag b4 d hubby mistakenly sees it

Unfortunately for her the hubby went home nd met his teenage in law with 65k cash....sh TLD him her elder sis instruction....

He was shocked...nd told the gal to go ahead nd deposit d money to d wife's bank as sh was instructed by her. He continued his nuzzle nd two days later he got them out of the hospital paying 126k additional from the first delivery cost...

Sh came back home nd can't look him in the eyes...quarell after quarelk ensued DT led to divorce exactly one month later....

Gals of this days are too stingy nd mny of them take d Character into marriages.....never ever Marry a lady DT will not b supportive..as a guy,u can't solve all them financial problems in marriage...

This is a big p,no one talks abt

Na so their life be... They don't believe in sharing at all.

5 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by pinkhill(f): 1:27pm On Mar 06, 2020
I am not married but the hardest part in my head is not being able to walk away freely.

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by sofiscatedmoron: 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2020
Eating egusi soup the rest of your life

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by EmekaBlue(m): 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2020
ur wife spreading her pants all around d room and bath

17 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Aboguede(m): 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2020
After many boredom

One can smile

U are intelligent!

Yes 95 of marriage problems all over the world comes from the finance part

And naturally a woman is more compromising in any relationship than a man but with the height of feminists in 9ja today���

We young men are facing greater challenge in finding a wife material grin

My kobocent�

SassyGem101:
Well...I'm not married but I'll say...the hardest part is having to wake up everyday of your life to the same face which tends to become boring. Now no matter the initial butterflies in your belly thing, you'll get bored at some point and the only thing that can keep you going is your commitment to be with them and the fear of God. If you lack this two virtues, there's going to be a big problem especially if you are the type that likes meeting new people.

Another part it gets hard is where the niti gritty of marriage hits you. Like taking care of the responsibiity of the home especially the financial aspect. In fact before you know it, you'll wear out to the point you won't even remember how you guys started. This is not to scare you but its a fact I've seen in many homes that has made me begin to plan my marriage life in a way I won't have to be totally caught up in that hard part. Hmm....let me just stop here.

Please on a more serious note, if you must marry, prepare your mind to face these things otherwise you'll freak out before it even begins. Or stay away from it.
I have seen a lot of marriages and I wonder what happened to the initial " I love yous" and all that. Though still learning.

Dem say, nor be eye wen person take do girlfriend and boyfriend na him dem dey take do marriage ooo.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by chinoxstock: 1:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
I fear marriage

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by drnoel: 1:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
Jaubdu:
For me I feel staying in love is so much more difficult than falling in love....Every reasonable opinions counts.

Picture is rather inappropriate. Only a mad person goes to wife someone like Tonto

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
Check below to see how I can help your business grow massively.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by 0m0nnakoda: 1:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:
Marriage is friendship between two individuals that are attracted to each other. The moment singles begin to think that way, you'll enjoy ur marriage...or what do u think married people do? They talk. Cose at a stage, you will be used to ur spouses fine face that it will become normal to you. The backside and front side won't freak u again, the breast may have fallen sef. Sex when ure 50 is going to be very rare. If you guys aren't friends, you're in for boredom......
In Africa specifically Yoruba land .
Marriage is not a FRIENDSHIP.

It is the acquisition, NOT a merger, of a woman or women ,by a man AND his family for the purpose of recreation and raising the offspring to protect and propagate their interests.
In our part of the world marriage is not an individual enterprise contrary to what westernization may preach.

Of course marriage evolves with time but we must remember that man is essentially biological. He copulates and makes children.

Marriage exists as an evolutionary institution amongst different people to ensure the survival of THE GROUP

OTHERWISE we may copulate and reproduce without responsibility or rules.

I strongly recommend watching wildlife documentaries.

Like the mobile phone which evolves so too does marriage but ultimately marriage functions for THE GROUP

not individuals

5 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by neutrotoba(m): 1:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
Jaubdu:
For me I feel staying in love is so much more difficult than falling in love....Every reasonable opinions counts.

Having a roommate for life out of obligation would be the hardest for me. I don't do well with having to share my space

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Fragility6: 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2020
proclinician:

This is preposterous

Hell know this is ridiculous

How can you make these inferences about someone u don't know you jealousy stricken dimwit.
You jst learn the word Preposterous? Which one u dey use am steady since last week. Shuu

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by rowland545(m): 1:33pm On Mar 06, 2020
U get tired of knacking..... Which is probably the reason u got married

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by nick50(m): 1:33pm On Mar 06, 2020
Money stops nonsense.. Chukwu Biko gozie umu guys with excess money, don't let women trample on our rights or question our masculinity in Jesus name Amen

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by PanickMode(m): 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2020
who is this best friend people keep talking about getting married to? is it that we first agree that we are best friends before getting married or something shocked

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Will Be Your Reaction If You Caught Your Son Doing This. / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / Can You Punish A Cheating Wife Like This??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.