Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,208 members, 7,849,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:52 AM

$22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate (23496 Views)

Soldiers Grumble Over Unpaid July Salaries, Knock Buhari / Wike: National Assembly Is A Mere Rubber Stamp / Insecurity: Smart Adeyemi Weeps On Senate Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by sirabu: 10:20am On Mar 07, 2020
What
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by EternalBeing: 10:20am On Mar 07, 2020
How finding true Love helps you build you prosperous Business/Company: https://www.nairaland.com/5723209/how-true-love-right-marriage#87234645

1 Like

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by Myself2(m): 10:22am On Mar 07, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Lawan is the worst senate president known to man .

The most useless i think .

God bless Dr Bukola Saraki

Agreed.

But APC minions, who are unfortunate products of burst condoms, like the poster above you, will not see this reality till it's too late for them
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 07, 2020
Witcher:
Well well another day of PDP's misinformation

You guys will NOT win.
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by famology(m): 10:23am On Mar 07, 2020
There's no Senate for now.
Senate is dead! This mumu that's just approving everything.
One day he'll approve the sale of Nigeria to Cambodia.
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by waledeji(m): 10:25am On Mar 07, 2020
[quote author=Denzel20 post=87231146][s][/s]
yeroba Muslims supporting rubbish [/quote[/s]E2[s]]
Bloody tribalist and hypocrite
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by Staro: 10:26am On Mar 07, 2020
Witcher:

Your name tells a lot about who you truly are
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by bigpicture001: 10:31am On Mar 07, 2020
Witcher:

Go grow boobs nd stop looking like a man....

Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by blowjohn(m): 10:31am On Mar 07, 2020
Witcher:

Av noticed ur always saying nonsense to support evil.

1 Like

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by Cuntface: 10:34am On Mar 07, 2020
Witcher:

receive sense

1 Like

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by Cuntface: 10:36am On Mar 07, 2020
Officialgarri:

Wow, there are so many sick children on this forum. No doubt. And this one for example is suffering chronic dementia.
The same Saraki that didn't stop at looting his state but rendering nothing tangible to his constituency even as a senate president is suddenly a hero?

The same Saraki that was indicted in German Paradise papers scandals?

The same Saraki who with his hang laundered #3.5 billion of Paris club fund?

The same Saraki who was rejected by his people and even his nuclear family?

So you think the unending friction between the presidency and senate is good for an ordinary citizen like you?

from your comments, it's easy to understand that you've always been extremely stupid.

5 Likes

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by ArticleBeast: 10:37am On Mar 07, 2020
Officialgarri:

Wow, there are so many sick children on this forum. No doubt. And this one for example is suffering chronic dementia.
The same Saraki that didn't stop at looting his state but rendering nothing tangible to his constituency even as a senate president is suddenly a hero?

So you think the unending friction between the presidency and senate is good for an ordinary citizen like you?
When you are done supporting this thieves your children will curse you for this foolishness because they may be paying with not just their hands but blood. Keep supporting these thieves that are collecting loans to settle their own future generations.
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by valentinegibbs(m): 10:40am On Mar 07, 2020
Denzel20:
[s][/s]
yeroba Muslims supporting rubbish
Just make a point instead of insulting the person
The write up makes sense
No be to dey argue always nah
Learn!!!

1 Like

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by PHIPEX(m): 10:41am On Mar 07, 2020
The same way people didn't listen when we warned of Buhari in 2015 is same way they wouldn't listen about this loan until the consequences start.

Argentina is currently in a mess because of debt. This loan is humongous and half of the need is unnecessary. It will be looted and 10yrs down the line when Buhari is long forgotten, we and our children will be faced with the cost.
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by Reference(m): 10:41am On Mar 07, 2020
Afamed:

• FG: We need to borrow to fund the budget

• Facebook NG: Stop borrowing. Live within your means

• FG: Ok, let's live within our means by supporting local industries.

• Facebook NG: Are you madt? How can we live within our means in this economy?

• FG: Should we increase Taxes to fund the budget?

• Facebook NG: Something must be wrong with you. Do you want to kill the masses?

• FG: How about we sell some national assets to raise funds?

• Facebook NG: So you want to sell our national assets to your friends like you sold Etisalat to your family Abi?

• FG: So what can we do?

• Facebook NG: Remove Fuel Subsidies ( under recovery), you will raise N1 Trillion.

• FG: Great, we will remove fuel subsidies?

• Facebook NG: Why would you remove subsidies? Do you want to kill us?

• FG: But most of the fuel is being smuggled accross the border.

• Facebook NG: Empty brain, Close the border Joor!

• FG: Closes the border

• Facebook NG: Why must you close the border? Do you want to kill their economy? Besides the price of rice has gone up.

• FG: But we now produce rice locally?

Facebook NG: Which useless rice. Show me the plantation.

God is not an hypocrite, so therefore he could not bless a known looter like una Saraki and co

As long as folks like you fail to understand how democracy works your suffering will continue unended.

It is a criminal offence for a black man to debate issues and progress based on superior argument.
It is a criminal offence for a black man to debate issues so that alternate ideas are generated.
It is a criminal offence for a black man to debate issues so that others can be part of the resolution on matters that affects them.

For heavens sake we were taught to debate as early as grade 3. For what you may ask. To sort out and solve everyday social problems. How can an organ of government at the highest level supposedly filled with the brightest and best the country has to offer not rigorously debate an issue that will have far reaching consequences for generations to come....

And you say this is normal....

If you are going to remove subsidy, close borders, raise taxes, or in this case impose debts on my generations to come or anything that affects my security and welfare shouldn't you ask me first and get my permission first. Is this not a democracy anymore. Shouldn't I ask you questions and trouble you for alternatives and isn't it your duty to persuade me that course is right having exhausted all other options.

Is democracy no longer of the people, for the people.? Even God Almighty in the Bible says 'come let us reason together...'

7 Likes

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by einsteine(m): 10:42am On Mar 07, 2020
They are rubber stamp.

As are all house of assemblies across the states of Nigeria. At this stage, we might as well condense the legislature and executive, and run a parliamentary system of government since many of these senators don't understand that their work is not to be subservient to the president but to make laws, represent their constituency, and act as checks and balances on the executive.

But instead, we have a DSP that kneels for the president.

1 Like

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by NaijadrivaCars: 10:43am On Mar 07, 2020
Are they Iron Stamp before

1 Like

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by Comedian2019: 10:45am On Mar 07, 2020
8th Senate was the last Senate. This one is just a rubber waiting to stamp anything anti-people.
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by israelmao(m): 10:46am On Mar 07, 2020
It's a case of scratch my back I will scratch yours,the executive knows how it lobbies its way to secure what it wants from the Senate.
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by michoim(m): 10:50am On Mar 07, 2020
Fake news
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by Mintek: 10:55am On Mar 07, 2020
Officialgarri:

All these crimes here constitute less than 10% of that of Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by Reference(m): 10:55am On Mar 07, 2020
And I am saying for a fact that if that thing was debated many items contained in that debt profile will be rejected outright by Nigerians.

For one, only the Minister of Information and his family will support giving NTA 500 million dollars.

On my part I will argue for the tolling of the nation's highways to raise the funds for road infrastructure rather than taking loans for them simply because roads are not cost efficient investments. The average lifespan of Nigerian highways is fifteen years after which most are either completely reconstructed or cost astronomical amounts to maintain.

They will certainly go bad long before these loans wil be repaid nulifying the overall economic objectives. If the bulk of the loans were geared to rail transport which is a lot more resilient mode of transport then a marginal return could be obtained long term. A better deal.

So the question is how efficient is the borrowing to the economy. We wil never know because it was simply not debated. They have taken it and all the people will get is the bill.

1 Like

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by SoNature(m): 10:56am On Mar 07, 2020
I once had a boss who would deliberately level allegation against you using a colleague's name.

He would go to that same person and level another allegation on him using your name.

For instance, he would say that Tony said that you normally bring girls into the company house, which was against the company's policy.

His aim was to create friction between the workers. In the long run, the workers involved would share their secrets with him.

My point is, I would forever miss Saraki due to the problem he caused for Buhari. Yes, it made me to learn more about how Nigerian politics works and the characters we were dealing with.

If Lawan would approve everything Buhari requests, then Nigeria should just scrap the Senate because that arm of government as useless as the "P" in psychology

1 Like

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by vikstandon(m): 10:56am On Mar 07, 2020
Witcher:

You again!!
You operate as "TsePhanyah"; how wrong it is to claim to be well intentioned when you have always taken a lopsided stand on matters of the Nation.
You are a Puppet or Puppeteer!
Get Off the bench of noble men!!

1 Like

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by TheBeat: 10:57am On Mar 07, 2020
Officialgarri:

Not Saraki as a man or his past position as governor of Kwara State (he has a poor record and infact he is a criminal).
The 8th Senate that was presided by Saraki was one of the best. They were not perfect but one of the reasons they are there is to check the activities of the executive. Take away your blind support for APC or persons and you would agree with me. Party might change but loyalty and patriotism to the country must remain sacrosanct.
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 07, 2020
Reference:
And I am saying for a fact that if that thing was debated many items contained in that debt profile will be rejected outright by Nigerians.

For one, only the Minister of Information and his family will support giving NTA 500 million dollars.

On my part I will argue for the tolling of the nation's highways to raise the funds for road infrastructure ratger than taking loans for them simply because roads are not cost efficient investments. The average lifespan of Nigerian highways is fifteen years after which most are either completely reconstructed or cost astronomical amounts to maintain.

They will certainly go bad long before these loans wil be repaid nulifying the overall economic objectives. If the bulk of the loans were geared to rail transport which is a lot more resilient mode of transport then a marginal return could be obtained long term.

So the question is how efficient is the borrowing to the economy. We wil never know because it was simply not debated. They have taken it and all the people will get is the bill.

We also have to say good bye to subsides, if we really want to raise money, and cut extra cuts.

The borrowing is happening because no one wants to make the hard decisions'

(Still the loan for NTA. in my opinion makes sense. NTA needs some investment, and needs it yesterday)
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by brexit: 10:59am On Mar 07, 2020
Abaribe is a hypocrite, he is from Abia State and his party the PDP has been in power for the last 20 years and the State is under developed, what efforts has he made to correct all the maladministration of successive government in the State
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by Urchman200: 10:59am On Mar 07, 2020
Afamed:

• FG: We need to borrow to fund the budget

• Facebook NG: Stop borrowing. Live within your means

• FG: Ok, let's live within our means by supporting local industries.

• Facebook NG: Are you madt? How can we live within our means in this economy?

• FG: Should we increase Taxes to fund the budget?

• Facebook NG: Something must be wrong with you. Do you want to kill the masses?

• FG: How about we sell some national assets to raise funds?

• Facebook NG: So you want to sell our national assets to your friends like you sold Etisalat to your family Abi?

• FG: So what can we do?

• Facebook NG: Remove Fuel Subsidies ( under recovery), you will raise N1 Trillion.

• FG: Great, we will remove fuel subsidies?

• Facebook NG: Why would you remove subsidies? Do you want to kill us?

• FG: But most of the fuel is being smuggled accross the border.

• Facebook NG: Empty brain, Close the border Joor!

• FG: Closes the border

• Facebook NG: Why must you close the border? Do you want to kill their economy? Besides the price of rice has gone up.

• FG: But we now produce rice locally?

Facebook NG: Which useless rice. Show me the plantation.

God is not an hypocrite, so therefore he could not bless a known looter like una Saraki and co
keep writing rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by Angelfrost(m): 11:00am On Mar 07, 2020
"...the insistence by the Senate President that the Senate under his watch would always approve any request from the Presidency..."

A democracy where a whole senate president is a mere errant boy of the presidency! Even the most perfect of presidents still needs to be put in check every now and then, how much more a clueless, amnesic and semi-literate stiff-necked one.

I just dey observe una with all these buffoonery... Keep making the former giant of Africa the laughing stock among other nations.
Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 07, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:
Hmm

To everyone grumbling about how the Senate is a rubber stamp and how we are taking loans...

Let me tell you guys a cold and hard truth.

Nigeria is broke, has always been broke, and is going to continue to be broke.

1.Oil right now is 45 dollars per barrel. We need it at $140 per barrel. In 2012...we needed it at $120 per barrel. That's our breakeven price.

2.So as a result, we are not breaking even. We are not even making enough money to sustain the budget....

3.For those of you that say GEJ should have saved...even if he saved, at best we would have reached $100billion, and by now, most of those savings would have been gone because the oil prices since 2014 cannot sustain us.

4.If we don't take loans, the economic situation would be worse. As in, most Nigerians won't have been paid salaries for years. And essential prices would be at sky high prices.

5.If you want Nigeria to develop, you have to hold your leaders to account. You have to remove subsides, so that we can save money and attract investment and jobs. We have to end useless projects like N-power. We have to cut the bloated civil service and the National assembly, and the cost of governance. We have to spend more on inudstrial output and less on importing stuff.

In other words, leave oil and become industrial.

U dey craze?
Fire civil servants
Stop npower?
Are you trying to make our situation worst?
We need to remove subsidies & cut down on bogus salaries plus allowance on high ranking civil servants, not fire the poor junior staffs

2 Likes

Re: $22.796b Loan: Senators Grumble About 'Rubber Stamp' Tag On Senate by Reference(m): 11:08am On Mar 07, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

We also have to say good bye to subsides, if we really want to raise money, and cut extra cuts.

The borrowing is happening because no one wants to make the hard decisions'

(Still the loan for NTA. in my opinion makes sense. NTA needs some investment, and needs it yesterday)

THAT IS EXACTLY WHY DEBATE IS NECCESARY. BE TRANSPARENT. LET THE PEOPLE COMPARE THE COST TO THEM, THEM, THEM OF THE TWO ALTERNATIVES (sorry for the caps, its so annoying).

Let them decide for themselves which pain they prefer, the sharp pain of subsidy removal or the slow death of unsustainable debt. Let them decide how they want to die.

This is the function of a working democracy. It is not the Buhari government that will repay. It is us. Let us decide. Simple.

Forcing the people to accept what they have not is not democracy. It is slavery. Pure feudal rule, last seen in military rule and colonial rule before thst.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Visits Senate Chief Whip, Orji Kalu (photos) / Peter Obi & Datti Visit The Palace Of Emir Of Zaria (Pictures) / Pictures Of some of the 111 Roads Being Worked Upon By Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.