Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,193 members, 7,864,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:51 AM

Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment (7377 Views)

Obasanjo And Akpabio Discussing At Timi Alaibe's Daughter's Wedding (Video) / Jonathan And Obasanjo Snub Akpabio At Timi Alaibe's Daughter's Wedding (Photo) / Obasanjo, Patience & Goodluck Jonathan At The Wedding Of Timi Alaibe's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by evil1: 11:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
bayelsaowei:
grin..I don tire for my state...

It is at this time the citizens of my state revolt and chase both apc and pdp.. initiate a revolution and like a surprise lynch the fools in both parties..

Bayelsa knows no development because of political interests and madness..

The thief's we have in the State will still jump into the ruling party and spoil everything.
What we need is a fresh election.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by OBUKSBAYELSA: 11:18pm On Mar 07, 2020
Kyase:

Lol
Last last both pdp and apc are going out

Bros, that not correct. Douye Diri remains the Governor of Bayelsa State. The truth is that most times people tend to be moved by emotions rather than facts. Alaibe case is already statute barred, He filed his case September 13th 2019 and they will appear in court on 10th March and normally all pre-election cases have a life span of 180 days from court of first instance up to the Supreme Court. Count from September 13th 2019 to March 10th 2020, how many days? In case Douye Diri has the right of Appeal up to the Supreme Court and 180 days is lost. My sincere appeal particularly to my friend in Nairaland SenatorDave and others who may be aggrieved is to join hands with Senator Douye Diri in moving Bayelsa State to greater heights in infra-structural and infra-human development. Enough of this pull him down syndrome.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by OBUKSBAYELSA: 11:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
The case is dead on arrival. it's Statute barred. We need no soothsayer to know that Douye Diri victory is beyond human comprehension, it's God work.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 11:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
OBUKSBAYELSA:
The case is dead on arrival. it's Statute barred. We need no soothsayer to know that Douye Diri victory is beyond human comprehension, it's God work.
It is not status barred,please read through 5he thread and stop embarrassing yourself
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 11:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
OBUKSBAYELSA:

Bros, that not correct. Douye Diri remains the Governor of Bayelsa State. The truth is that most times people tend to be moved by emotions rather than facts. Alaibe case is already statute barred, He filed his case September 13th 2019 and they will appear in court on 10th March and normally all pre-election cases have a life span of 180 days from court of first instance up to the Supreme Court. Count from September 13th 2019 to March 10th 2020, how many days? In case Douye Diri has the right of Appeal up to the Supreme Court and 180 days is lost. My sincere appeal particularly to my friend in Nairaland SenatorDave and others who may be aggrieved is to join hands with Senator Douye Diri in moving Bayelsa State to greater heights in infra-structural and infra-human development. Enough of this pull him down syndrome.
The 180 days is only for the high court or tribunal and it will expire on march 14.the appeal and supreme has another 60 days distinct from that 180 days.stop disgracing yourself.
Diri is a failure like dickson and will be disgraced out of offcie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by baralatie(m): 11:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
fergie001:
Facts of the Case:

Ndutimi Alaibe made three prayers:-
1. That the PDP guber primary be nullified on the premise that the Ward congresses of the PDP was not well-conducted and did not follow the constitutional guidelines of the party.

2. That the inclusion of the local government elected officials as members of the delegates was illegal.

3. That the inclusion of the ad-hoc delegates was suspect and nkt in tandem with the statutes as labelled in the PDP guidelines, the Electoral Act and the Nigerian Constitution.

He furthermore stated that the PDP constitution , Section 50(1): "The NEC shall, subject to the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended), Electoral Act (as amended) and the PDP guidelines, formulate guidelines and regulations for the nomination of candidates for elections into public offices at all levels and shall be the final authority for resolving all disputes relating to the choice of candidates for the party for any election."

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by Hedonisst: 11:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
senatordave1:

It is impossible right now.judgment is already prepared

You this APC wannabe sychophant, you're just a funny chap. Even if the judgment is about to be read, the litigant reserves the right to withdraw the case, and that would end everything. Nothing like too late.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by OBUKSBAYELSA: 12:18am On Mar 08, 2020
senatordave1:

The 180 days is only for the high court or tribunal and it will expire on march 14.the appeal and supreme has another 60 days distinct from that 180 days.stop disgracing yourself.

I have posted time without numbers that most APC members are children of hate, so am not surprised when I saw your post raining insult instead of posting intelligently. His Excellency Senator Douye Diri has just assumed office why not not wait for a while to see whether he will meet the expectation of Bayelsans before calling him a failure, it is because of reaction from emotionally unstable personality like your humble-self that we ascribe the #tag APC are children of hate and bitterness. However, since you don't know how to respond to issues without insult don't call me to contribute on your post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 3:46am On Mar 08, 2020
Hedonisst:

You this APC wannabe sychophant, you're just a funny chap. Even if the judgment is about to be read, the litigant reserves the right to withdraw the case, and that would end everything. Nothing like too late.
Diri is going

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by kolaaderin: 5:56am On Mar 08, 2020
All in all Lawyers are just making money any how. List of top 3 lucrative jobs in Nigeria

1. Pastors. - no retirement, you make cool unquestionable money from sheeples till you die. Best job anyone can have.

2. Politicians - access to crazy money and looting unabated. You have 90% chance of getting away with the crime against humanity. Second best job as the third aids them against the national interest.

3. Lawyers - making crazy money from politicians both at the pre level of electioneering to a serious political post and also post level of defending their crime against humanity while in elected post. It's only in Nigeria you hear billions of Naira as legal fee to be paid by a single person just because he wants to be governor or senators.

Nigerians are cursed and will continue to be cursed with these people in those professions. I rest my case
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by ruggedtimi(m): 7:35am On Mar 08, 2020
The case has a long way to go, Appeal court and then Supreme court
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by bayelsaowei(m): 7:42am On Mar 08, 2020
evil1:

The thief's we have in the State will still jump into the ruling party and spoil everything.
What we need is a fresh election.
thats what i mean...chase every existing fool away and starr afresh .
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by TMemos: 7:56am On Mar 08, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Bayelsa is PDP ,nothing for APC,instead of PDP to lose,Alaibe will be prevailed upon by Jonathan and Wike to withdraw his case before the Supreme court gives a judgement. Dickson is already pleading for the case to be withdrawn.

Did you confirm this from Wike and Jonathan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 8:13am On Mar 08, 2020
ruggedtimi:
The case has a long way to go, Appeal court and then Supreme court
I don't think Diri will go that long....because give or take...he can't be Gov...So, what the heck!?
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:20am On Mar 08, 2020
senatordave1:

It is impossible right now.judgment is already prepared
It will be withdrawn before it gets to the supreme court
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 8:21am On Mar 08, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
It will be withdrawn before it gets to the supreme court
Not if alaibe wins
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:27am On Mar 08, 2020
senatordave1:

Dickson is far better than Yahaya bello you supported in kogi,as for Diri,he has every reason to perform.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 8:27am On Mar 08, 2020
senatordave1:

Not if alaibe wins
Once he loses, I don't think he will appeal...

He might just want some settlement and perhaps go to "Old People's home" (Senate).

What's in there for him, afterall he won't be Gov!
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 8:32am On Mar 08, 2020
fergie001:

Once he loses, I don't think he will appeal...

He might just want some settlement and perhaps go to "Old People's home" (Senate).

What's in there for him, afterall he won't be Gov!
Less i forget amaechi is behind him.he has stronger backers in apc than in pdp.moreover theres nothing pdp can offer him that can compensate.i dont need to remind you again that pdp cannot win bayelsa central
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 8:33am On Mar 08, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Dickson is far better than Yahaya bello you supported in kogi,as for Diri,he has every reason to perform.
I never supported bello,i was indifferent though i knew he will win.diri has a record of failure and will keep failing
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 8:48am On Mar 08, 2020
senatordave1:

Less i forget amaechi is behind him.he has stronger backers in apc than in pdp.moreover theres nothing pdp can offer him that can compensate.i dont need to remind you again that pdp cannot win bayelsa central
Will the backers help install him if he wins the case?

Again, he wins the case...He is out, PDP is out because he is praying for the nullification of the Primaries. So what does the Amaechi or himself gain?

It's not a matter of who is backing him.....He is close to two former Presidents, so he is a big boy.

If he likes, he can still pursue the case sha.....to help his party lose out.

Thank God Diriyai Ebizimo is from Kaiama, in Kolokuma/Opokuma LGA, the same LGA as Diri & Alaibe....hence effectively takes out Bayelsa Central zone.

After Diriyai (that is if Alaibe wins the case), it's Bayelsa East.

So Alaibe can please continue....Diriyai na Pastor for Salvation Ministries sef...
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 8:59am On Mar 08, 2020
fergie001:

Will the backers help install him if he wins the case?

Again, he wins the case...He is out, PDP is out because he is praying for the nullification of the Primaries. So what does the Amaechi or himself gain?

It's not a matter of who is backing him.....He is close to two former Presidents, so he is a big boy.

If he likes, he can still pursue the case sha.....to help his party lose out.

Thank God Diriyai Ebizimo is from Kaiama, in Kolokuma/Opokuma LGA, the same LGA as Diri & Alaibe....hence effectively takes out Bayelsa Central zone.

After Diriyai (that is if Alaibe wins the case), it's Bayelsa East.

So Alaibe can please continue....Diriyai na Pastor for Salvation Ministries sef...

You are forgetting that kolokuma is in bayelsa central or what? Whichever way,power remains in central for 8 years.when it comes back to bayelsa east,sylva will have no challenger.the whole thing is working gradually in his favorite long term.he will finally be the ultimate godfather of bayelsa,infact he is already as he has more influence electorally in bayelsa than dickson and gej.

You will be surprised that most of this politicians do not carry parttisan affairs in their head as you think,just get close to them and you will be shocked at their private attitude towards part affairs.alaibe is even politically liberal.
Being close to two presidents may mean nothing.what matters is who is currently beating the drums for him.

Perhaps its fats that wants both apc and pdp to lose bayelsa.objectively,it will be good for our democracy
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 9:05am On Mar 08, 2020
senatordave1:

You are forgetting that kolokuma is in bayelsa central or what? Whichever way,power remains in central for 8 years.when it comes back to bayelsa east,sylva will have no challenger.the whole thing is working gradually in his favorite long term.he will finally be the ultimate godfather of bayelsa,infact he is already as he has more influence electorally in bayelsa than dickson and gej.

You will be surprised that most of this politicians do not carry parttisan affairs in their head as you think,just get close to them and you will be shocked at their private attitude towards part affairs.alaibe is even politically liberal.
Being close to two presidents may mean nothing.what matters is who is currently beating the drums for him.

Perhaps its fats that wants both apc and pdp to lose bayelsa.objectively,it will be good for our democracy
Takes out Bayelsa Central Zone here means, Alaibe can't contest again because it will go to the next zone (East)

What you said isn't different from mine.
Will Diriyai from B.Central, do well and not get another term?

You are concurring with what I just said.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 9:21am On Mar 08, 2020
fergie001:

Takes out Bayelsa Central Zone here means, Alaibe can't contest again because it will go to the next zone (East)

What you said isn't different from mine.
Will Diriyai from B.Central, do well and not get another term?

You are concurring with what I just said.
Playing spoilers is part of politics.that biriyai from another party serves 8 years does not mean it is binding on both apc and pdp.whether he withdraws the case or not is the same thing,he will even gain more if diri is removed because it is easier to contend with biriyai that diri.
An appointment from apc will be better than what pdp will give.with diri,he will never govern bayelsa.with biriyai,he has a chance by 2024
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 9:27am On Mar 08, 2020
senatordave1:

Playing spoilers is part of politics.that biriyai from another party serves 8 years does not mean it is binding on both apc and pdp.whether he withdraws the case or not is the same thing,he will even gain more if diri is removed because it is easier to contend with biriyai that diri.
An appointment from apc will be better than what pdp will give.with diri,he will never govern bayelsa.with biriyai,he has a chance by 2024
Your analysis is laughable.

Let's wait for the case and the tribunal 'if' any case exists there biko....as long as it is any political case....it must appeal to APC.

Even if we talk here for 2 days, it must be APC or nothing. Now you are linking a non-existent narrative to suit same on same....APC.

God keeping us alive......we go still follow the case.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 9:33am On Mar 08, 2020
fergie001:

Let's wait for the case and the tribunal 'if' any case exists there biko....as long as it is any political case....it must appeal to APC.

Even if we talk here for 2 days, it must be APC or nothing. Now you are linking a non-existent narrative to suit same on same....APC.

It is laughable to non politicians.as apc lost bayelsa painfully,i dont need to tell you that a lot in apc will love to see pdp lose bayelsa also.dont take chances in politics.lets wait for tuesday but remember it is politically better for pdp to lose bayelsa than win and am sure alaibe knows this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 9:53am On Mar 08, 2020
senatordave1:

It is laughable to non politicians.as apc lost bayelsa painfully,i dont need to tell you that a lot in apc will love to see pdp lose bayelsa also.dont take chances in politics.lets wait for tuesday but remember it is politically better for pdp to lose bayelsa than win and am sure alaibe knows this
The bolded is a fallacy. Alaibe wants to be Gov....note that.
I hardly will know you read minds enough to know Alaibe's thoughts....wonderful.

That a lot in APC will love to see PDP lose isn't out of place. A lot in Imo will want to see APC die permanently.

However, the law is the law.

As painful as it is, the APC or PDP members won't sit in Court. The judge will.

All the members will do is hope and pray.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by OBUKSBAYELSA: 10:12am On Mar 08, 2020
fergie001:

fergie001 you have said it all, let's wait for the judgement on Tuesday and see how it goes, however let me shock you Timi Alaibe will lose the case on any of this two ground 1) Statute barred.
2) Locus; which will deal on jurisdiction and on right to file the case in the first instance. Douye Diri remains Governor Bayelsa State till 2024 when he could be challenged. For SenatorDave1 who out of hate and bitterness is playing God we will wait to hear his reaction on D-Day.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by Afamed: 10:33am On Mar 08, 2020
TMemos:

Did you confirm this from Wike and Jonathan?

He confirmed from Wadata Plaza
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 10:34am On Mar 08, 2020
fergie001:

The bolded is a fallacy. Alaibe wants to be Gov....note that.
I hardly will know you read minds enough to know Alaibe's thoughts....wonderful.

That a lot in APC will love to see PDP lose isn't out of place. A lot in Imo will want to see APC die permanently.

However, the law is the law.

As painful as it is, the APC or PDP members won't sit in Court. The judge will.

All the members will do is hope and pray.
It is politically better for alaibe rather.his only path is with diri losing.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by SundayIgbanke: 10:37am On Mar 08, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

He confirmed from Wadata Plaza
[/s]
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 10:41am On Mar 08, 2020
OBUKSBAYELSA:

fergie001 you have said it all, let's wait for the judgement on Tuesday and see how it goes, however let me shock you Timi Alaibe will lose the case on any of this two ground 1) Statute barred.
2) Locus; which will deal on jurisdiction and on right to file the case in the first instance. Douye Diri remains Governor Bayelsa State till 2024 when he could be challenged. For SenatorDave1 who out of hate and bitterness is playing God we will wait to hear his reaction on D-Day.
Are you OK? If alaibe does not have the right to file who does? If the fhc does not have original jurisdiction who does? How many times will they tell you that The case is not statute barred? Careless statements like this invite hate towards pdp.if you have nothing to say,shift

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

500million Mansion For Yusuf In Abuja How Did He Acquired It / Obasanjo, Osinbajo To Attend Abuja House Fair / 2023: PDP, SDP, NNPP Members Join APC In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.