Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! (402 Views)

Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? / My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled / Man Gets A New Car From His Girlfriend's Family For Being Awesome (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! by niccoloslick: 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
alright guys, opinions required.

I love my girl, and currently considering getting married to her this year. But I detest the way her family pester her for money. My fear is this will hinder her and me financially. So currently my girl isn't working, so I try my best to support her. She is done with uni & NYSC but is yet to find a job. Shes' into small business as well.

Her parents seem not to take her current situation into account. For instance her dad request high amount of money from her. Recently he requested 600'000 Naira. Money he needs to complete a project in the village. Please people is this normal ? He even goes ahead to threaten her never to call him, if she doesn't give it to him. This is very very unfair - and this is not parental love. I am also not sure I can respect such a man. Its men like this that push their daughters into prostitution or cause them to get married very late. Mind you this is not the first time, she has been unable to save over the past 3 years because of constant financial demands from them.

I'm considering quitting the relationship. I am not sure I want to deal with the family. I am worried that her family will not be able to carry out some of the responsibilities required during the process of marriage i.e. traditional and white. Particularly petty expenses their family will have to do. Particularly as her dad does not even have a house in the village. And being from the east (Anambra)...... una know

Your opinions are wanted, kindly push to front page.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sincerly guys i know this girl inside and out...
The man is even threatening to cut her off , if she doesn't give it to him...
Yes she is the first daughter.

The girl is really struggling, and in fact the money is what she has saved.

This is a real life story, I now understand why some women end up as prostitutes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have told her my mind about this. Which is she should cut her family off. I feel bad, but this is the only solution. Inconsiderate and Selfish parents require this treatments.
Re: Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! by DropsMic(m): 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
There's nothing worse than having Unreasonable parents...
Re: Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! by donbachi(m): 4:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
Na d thing wey she dey tell u or dem make their demands to u directly...op,ur girl dey sakpa u,using her family as a front.
Re: Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! by bukkielee(m): 4:35pm On Mar 07, 2020
Pay the price if you love her truly

or find another bride.
Re: Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! by sexylassie2(f): 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
Is the father handicap

Most fathers aka men no dey shame

How can you be pastering your daughter for money. Someone he is older than by far

Next time, tell him to go and work
Re: Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! by NextD18: 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
Marry the first daughter of a poor family at your own risk.
Re: Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! by Chamber2000: 4:40pm On Mar 07, 2020
Your gf is not working and the Dad is demanding for 600k from her because she has a petty business.

Please explain more because this story doesn't seem real.

600k demand from dad means the girl either is not telling you the truth or she had a former rich Maga that doles out such money.

You want to leave her because of it when you have not made any effort to talk to your girl to stand her ground against such extortion and call their bluff

Oga come and start your story again and tell us about the real Maga
Re: Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! by Sunnymatey(m): 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
They seems to be something her family knows about her that you don't.

Because, it sounds unreasonable for her dad to demand for such an amount going by her financial disposition.

Meaning, you should be ready to part with good cash for her dowry.

Most times, when potential parents inlaw want to know the financial strength of a suitor, they'll start by making unneccesary financial demands from their daughter knowing well she can't afford such amount except maybe through the man.
Re: Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! by GOFRONT(m): 5:06pm On Mar 07, 2020
cool
Re: Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! by GOFRONT(m): 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2020
Thank God my Girlfriend's parents are late....

I can now marry my Girl in peace...
Re: Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! by Liposure: 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
Most african parents see their children as future breadwinners. A case in point your fiance. Marrying into such families means u have inherited d child's responsibilities. Its up 2 u. should u decide 2 marry her or not
Re: Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
the parents are not the problem here, your GIRLFRIEND is...

whether her parents ask for money or not is irrelevant so long as your girl understand the type of parents she has and dismiss them *by simply putting her foot down and saying NO ). if your girl is hellbent on helping them every time they ask for money then drop the whole family and get a proper babe in your life,
Re: Girlfriend Family Hindering Her Progress! Demand Inconsiderate Amount Of Money ! by Liposure: 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
GOFRONT:
Thank God my Girlfriend's parents are late....

I can now marry my Girl in peace...
wayray

(1) (Reply)

How I Found Out She Was CHEATING / Covid-19: Nigerian Couple Wed Inside Their Living Room Due To Lockdown (Photo) / How To Chat With Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.