Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide (32595 Views)

TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid / Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN / Darkness Looms As Hoodlums Vandalise Six TCN Towers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by kinglee007(m): 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2020
matify83:

This is the best advice from a fellow NLander.

I live off grid not by volition but by compulsion because I became tired of recurring excuses on why I can't get 24hours power.

I have taken charge of my destiny and I can assure you that it pays to be in partnership with the sun.

Below is the LED screen of my solar charge controller few minutes ago with my A. C. , TV and fans running wild since morning ( not a church person) .

The sun has never given me an excuse since "I went rogue" on my disco . I generate enough energy to also charge a 12v inverter I use as "supporting striker" for my TV and fans in the bedroom.
Boss i'm interested. A whole lot. What does it take to partner with the sun and have this level of comfort you're having now
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Jamaall(m): 11:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
9ja ma dear kwantary,
Which way naw..............?
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Lamanii22(f): 11:23pm On Mar 08, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Is it that they don't have workers who monitor when the gases will finish or people don't pay their bills any longer, what is it with them that they keep repeating themselves on this poor supply which many countries have achieved more than a century ago

As far as I'm concerned Nigeria should be recolonised...this time around without the option of getting independence BC it can't function on its own

Lol... You're right... Nigeria can never be independent

1 Like

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by tijehi(f): 11:24pm On Mar 08, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Is it that they don't have workers who monitor when the gases will finish or people don't pay their bills any longer, what is it with them that they keep repeating themselves on this poor supply which many countries have achieved more than a century ago

As far as I'm concerned Nigeria should be recolonised...this time around without the option of getting independence BC it can't function on its own

angry angry angry angry grin angry angry angry angrythis one off me angry grin grin
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by cbngov01(m): 11:27pm On Mar 08, 2020
What gibberish are they spewing...It will not be well with TCN, IKEDC, NERC..
the worse part is that despite the very poor supply, worse than ive experienced bills went up by over 1900 extra. #Bastards

2 Likes

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Abuleoshi: 11:28pm On Mar 08, 2020
Last Last na Solar Panels with Inverter win am with this TCN madness
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
The heat is crazy and my angels are on break.I would have requested they send the rain.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
How does Nigeria fund her budget with oil prices collapsing right now?

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Excuzeme: 11:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
LosC:
The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) on Saturday, said it was caused by low gas supply.

Mrs Ndidi Mbah, TCN General Manager, Public Affairs, explained that the gas shortage had restrained the ability of many thermal power stations to generate optimally.

The plants affected by gas supply constraint included Sapele National Integrated Power Plant (NIPP), Olorunsogo NIPP, Ihovbor NIPP and Azura Edo.

“Other thermal power plants equally affected but generated at lower capacities include Egbin (Steam) Sapele (Steam) Delta (gas) Geregu (gas) and Omotosho(gas).

“Also affected are Olorusogo (gas) Geregu NIPP, Alaoji NIPP, Omotosho NIPP, Odukpani NIPP, Okpai (Gas/Steam) and Omoku (gas) power generating plants,” she said.

Mbah disclosed that TCN has discussed with the management of some of the affected power plants.
https://dailypost.ng/2020/03/08/nigeria-govt-explains-electricity-shortage-nationwide/

- Am l the only one who noticed that ALL the affected Power Plants are in the South of Nigeria, where the Gas is actually located?

- Did anyone also notice that Buhari and his Fulanis in NNPC have committed over $2billion of our oil money, to lay Gas pipeline from Abuja to Kaduna to Kano to feed Power plants in the North while the power plants in the south which actually own the Gas are suffering Gas shortage?

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/03/08/akk-gas-pipeline-buharis-big-infrastructure-push/

Malam Garba Shehu

By Garba Shehu

One of the big promises made by President Muhammadu in his campaign for Nigeria’s presidency is the Ajaokuta-Abuja-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) gas pipeline project.

The project entails the “engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning” of 614-kilometers gas pipeline and stations, traversing the states of Kogi, Niger, FCT, Kaduna and Kano. It is to transport dry gas from the nation’s rich gas fields in the Niger Delta to the Northern parts of Nigeria.

This pipeline project is itself a section of an ambitious pipeline project to supply gas to Europe through the proposed Trans Sahara Gas Pipeline (TSGO) and Nigeria Morocco Gas Pipelines.

Are we still in One Nigeria or Fulani (especially the imported terrorists ones from Niger, Guinea, Mali Senegal, Sudan, Chad, etc Kingdom?)
This buahri is really preparing his people for the breakup of Nigeria.
I hope the sselfishly-tupid Southern leaders are watching
undecided

1 Like

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by bhella10: 11:52pm On Mar 08, 2020
Excuzeme:

- Am l the only one who noticed that ALL the affected Power Plants are in the South of Nigeria, where the Gas is actually located?

- Did anyone also notice that Buhari and his Fulanis in NNPC have committed over $2billion of our oil money, to lay Gas pipeline from Abuja to Kaduna to Kano to feed Power plants in the North while the power plants in the south which actually own the Gas are suffering Gas shortage?

Are we still in One Nigeria or Fulani (especially the imported terrorists ones from Niger, Guinea, Mali Senegal, Sudan, Chad, etc Kingdom?)
undecided
Are those places you mentioned not part of Nigeria?
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by ProtectMyMoney: 12:08am On Mar 09, 2020
EFCC should investigate the bank accounts of the leadership of Transmission company of Nigeria...i am quite sure Petrol and Diesel sellers have greased their palms since borders have been closed and there is no way to smuggle Petroleum products outside Nigeria...

For them to make fast sales, the only way is to make TCN cause darkness and make people run generators to consume Petrol and Diesel to self generate Electricity.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by happney65: 12:09am On Mar 09, 2020
veekid:
you nailed it bro, and if you could remember, I dey always talk am, light will never be good in Nigeria, except they come back to the base all those billion dollar loans FG took on power na scam, buhari no Sabi anything. How can you focus your energy kn generation and leave the distribution? All power sectors should be privatised otherwise... We never see nada

Exactly my brother..You know better and you don dey talk am all these while..But you see these people heen,they are stupidly stupid..

1 Like

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by bjgurl(f): 12:11am On Mar 09, 2020
Na today
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Excuzeme: 12:12am On Mar 09, 2020
bhella10:
Are those places you mentioned not part of Nigeria?

Should the places that produce the gas not have it to power their Power Stations first or should they be suffering shortages as explained by TCN. since Jibrin will not invest in Pipelines there, while he mortgages us in Pipes taking the GAS elsewhere?

When will all these Parasitic behaviour come to an end?
Only a fool should go thristy in the midst of abundant water!
Those who own the Gas can have it to power their Gas fired Power stations while their Fulani President is hell bent of diverting the gas for use of those who dont own it! shocked shocked

What manner of injustice is that?
And you are asking me such a foolish question of whether they are not Nigerians?
They are for sure but l am sure, lookinng at it that you are one of the Parasites, even you will agree that such action is most unfair to the Power Stations located in the region that own and produce the gas.

2 Likes

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Alanzazani: 12:15am On Mar 09, 2020
This country is going down by the day. In 2020 for crying out loud
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by sweetjohn(m): 12:20am On Mar 09, 2020
Dam! For this scorching heat... God be mercy
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Mcslize: 12:22am On Mar 09, 2020
matify83:

I live off grid not by volition but by compulsion because I became tired of recurring excuses on why I can't get 24hours power.

I have taken charge of my destiny and I can assure you that it pays to be in partnership with the sun.

Below is the LED screen of my solar charge controller few minutes ago with my A. C. , TV and fans running wild since morning ( not a church person) .

The sun has never given me an excuse since "I went rogue" on my disco . I generate enough energy to also charge a 12v inverter I use as "supporting striker" for my TV and fans in the bedroom.

That's nice. How many killowat usually serve you per day? And how much did you spend to fix this?
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Excuzeme: 12:24am On Mar 09, 2020
happney65:

cc veekid I don't know why power generation is still in the hands of the federal government o...you now say we go get light...light koo,electricity nii

That is the Evil supported and perpetuated by Obasanjo, the same one crying restructuring now, when he was President between 1000 and 2007.

Lagos was building various Small Power Plants and was ready to buy gas from NNPC to run them and facilitate its own growth but OBJ, as a stooge of the Northern Parasites, insisted that whatever Power Lagos generates with its own money, must be infued into the National grid so that some Parasites up North can have it for free!
No be today all these Quota system of governance has been setting us back! undecided

How can Gas come from the South yet most of the Power plants in the South dont have Gas to Power themselves but all the President wants to od is divert that Gas in a 614Km Pipeline to Kano, via kaduna? angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Mcslize: 12:26am On Mar 09, 2020
scoundrel:
Ever since I went solar NEPA can give the country 24/7 electricity and it won’t affect my existence.

Wow, I have been hearing so many testimonies about this solar system. Kindly tell me about this. How many appliances is it powering in your house? Do you mean, this solar system give you 24hrs power supply?
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by BERNIMOORE: 12:27am On Mar 09, 2020
INTEGRITYA1:
As usual, it doesn't new.
Are you speaking English? cheesy

1 Like

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by sulaak(m): 12:41am On Mar 09, 2020
Excuzeme:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/03/08/akk-gas-pipeline-buharis-big-infrastructure-push/

undecided

As long as the source of the gas is from the Niger-Delta, the power is with the SS if they know how to exercise their power. They should observe how the Russians are using their gas to dominate European politics.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by wink2015(m): 12:47am On Mar 09, 2020
FrLukas:
In 2020

Still dealing with the problems of 1980s

Can someone please explain why power generation is solely and strictly under the purview of the federal government?

It is strictly under the federal government control because the northerners are against restructuring.

They prefer this centralised system and federalized system that give their northern people an undeserved and unmerited advantage.

The north does not care how we feel bad about the deplorable state of the economy down south.

They are prepared to borrow more money and sink the entire country.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by sulaak(m): 12:48am On Mar 09, 2020
Excuzeme:

That is the Evil supported and perpetuated by Obasanjo, the same one crying restructuring now, when he was President between 1000 and 2007.

Lagos was building various Small Power Plants and was ready to buy gas from NNPC to run them and facilitate its own growth but OBJ, as a stooge of the Northern Parasites, insisted that whatever Power Lagos generates with its own money, must be infued into the National grid so that some Parasites up North can have it for free!
No be today all these Quota system of governance has been setting us back! undecided

How can Gas come from the South yet most of the Power plants in the South dont have Gas to Power themselves but all the President wants to od is divert that Gas in a 614Km Pipeline to Kano, via kaduna? angry angry

OBJ was last in government in 2007, this is 2020, and there are no laws preventing a state from generating, transmitting and distributing electricity to its people. Nigerian should hold their useless governors to account.

No law prevents state govts from generating power – Fashola

Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, SAN, has said there is nothing in the power sector regulations or law that prohibits state governments from generating, transmitting and distributing their own electricity.

https://www.energycentral.com/news/no-law-prevents-state-govts-generating-power-%E2%80%93-fashola

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Anaedo1: 12:51am On Mar 09, 2020
LosC:

Lol.. grin

I dey sell generators oh..
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by EzeNdiAra: 1:25am On Mar 09, 2020
Mike008:
This is really bad o. E don tey wey my phone see 100%

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Awaoyelmoni(m): 1:37am On Mar 09, 2020
More than a hundred yrs down the line and Nigeria is still grappling with issue of power, when we can easily diversity our source of power generation with strong wlnds to rotate windturbines, sunlight for 8 months in the north 6-7 months in the south...
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by ElGood: 2:20am On Mar 09, 2020
Oga shut up there with all ur lie lie explanations. We all know that during heat season, nepa no dey give light.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by vaca1: 2:21am On Mar 09, 2020
matify83:

What's the name please? How much?
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by ukahrawah: 2:28am On Mar 09, 2020
A people that are stealing their nation to death. Their failures and excuses are like identical twins. Ask them why they failed to audit the gas supply process, one idiot would claim that their auditor has gone blind. Gradually, it would read: "Once upon a time, there was a nation called Nigeria, populated by fantastically corrupt & nepotic leaders whose greed killed Nobel ideas."
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by bigtt76(f): 2:49am On Mar 09, 2020
The thing tire me sef. Gas companies don't just shutdown supply for maintenance, they must have informed their customers prior to the time and the sensible customers inform their own customers of these while they also make contingency arrangements for business continuity undecided

okpalaAnambra:

1 Like

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by lanocfoods: 3:10am On Mar 09, 2020
Give solutions not explanation, e no dey tire una?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Rejected Bode George As A Godfather & He Endorsed Rhodes-Vivour - Jandor / Polls: Prophets Of Doom Must Apologise To Nigerians – Mark / Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.