Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared (84497 Views)

I am Scared O, Have Learnt My Lesson, No More Skin To Skin / The Scorpion I Found Just Now In My Room (Photo) / Live Four-inch Centipede Removed From A 52-year-old Woman EAR (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 09, 2020
SaAyomikun:
Help me! I am scared. I Need Help Identifying this!

Friends, I woke up some minutes past 1:00 AM this midnight to ease myself, then, with the help of the faint light emanating from the next room, I noticed something crawling beside me on the bed. I flashed my touch and boom! Look what I found. I then picked up my broom smashed it.

Please, who knows what this is?
From its look, it looks harmful, is it truly harmful?
How can I prevent it?

It crawls very fast like a snake does.
PS: this is the second time I'd be killing such in my room, I just didn't take it seriously the first time.

Please, help me! I'm really scared. I can't even lay on that bed anymore. angryFriends, I woke up some minutes past 1:00 AM this midnight to ease myself, then, with the help of the faint light emanating from the next room, I noticed something crawling beside me on the bed. I flashed my touch and boom! Look what I found. Out of timidity, I picked up my broom smashed it a few times before I swept it outside.
Please, who knows what this is?
From its look, it looks harmful, is it truly harmful?
How can I prevent it?

PS: It crawls very fast like a snake does.

PS: this is the second time I'd be killing such in my room, I just didn't take it seriously the first time.

Please, help me! I'm really scared. I can't even lay on that bed anymore.

It's said that year that a bite from this turns a man to a woman and a woman to a man!
Mehn we feared it then like kilode!
However, thats some very dangerous insect.

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Pascal181: 11:36am On Mar 09, 2020
Growing up,I heard if that thing bite you as a man u will turn to a woman. I dnt know if that is still obtainable

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:36am On Mar 09, 2020
prettymaxy:
What kind of insecticide can one use instead of sniper cos of toddlers in the house

The sellers should know, actually. You can explain things to them when you go to buy. And I stay alone.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by sofiscatedmoron: 11:37am On Mar 09, 2020
SaAyomikun:

Thanks so much for this sir.
First thing as the day breaks, I'm going to get a bottle of sniper to deal with these things.
Thanks again chief...
Sniper can kill u,, buy" read a dream " fleets

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:38am On Mar 09, 2020
12345baba:
no drink am o

I sure won't. I'll stay alive to witness Arsenal win the Champions League; even after winning it.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Truthbites: 11:38am On Mar 09, 2020
This ur floor resemble cement or german floor..I'm sure the centipedes are coming from the edge of the room...it's probably still sand, so try to re -cement

2 Likes

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:40am On Mar 09, 2020
HYMENAIOS:
Please make sure you use it for ONLY the purpose of controlling these centipedes. Don’t change your mind

LMAO! I won't change my mind.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by lavenjcrown(m): 11:40am On Mar 09, 2020
i use to see this in my room years back, i did a google search and asked some questions about it harmful effect but found out it has no harmful effect though. probably your room wells are cool or wet or so. i actually resist them from my room after putting enough salt all corners of my room and since then, i have never see them no more.
SaAyomikun:

Honestly, it isn't, and it isn't stuffy. The only eyesore is the porous ceiling. The ceiling has holes: big and small.

2 Likes

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by DoubleEngine007: 11:41am On Mar 09, 2020
LegendaryLover:

this is the kinda educative and well-informed comment u find on reddit.Com.
Big ups, man
Respect bro..
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:42am On Mar 09, 2020
AerialMapper:
Yes they can sting with those two prongs on their tail but not really life-threatening to adults...children or people with allergic reactions may react differently.

Is your "bed" a mattress on the floor?

Truth be told, it is a mattress on the floor.

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2020
JVector:
You have a damp room. Fumigate, clean up and dry up your room
I'll do that. thanks.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Fragility6: 11:45am On Mar 09, 2020
lograr:
I like educative comments like this
Better than comments like '...you are suffering from inferiority complex... '.'tribalistic fool'. 'igbo amaka', 'Afonja'.... Nairaland get some silly pple sha. Even twitter too. Its a Nigeria problem. Too many frustrated pple out dere

2 Likes

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:45am On Mar 09, 2020
talk2aikay:
Make no mistake about it, that thing is a scorpion.

It’s the long-tailed specie and it’s really fast and venomous. It feeds and lives on decaying wood. Got stung by one when I was younger and was forced to eat a bucketful of onions plus other stuff.

Anyways, this is your cue to fumigate your room inside-out. You’ve been particularly lucky to escape that stinger twice...don’t push your luck too far. Sniper is good but I’d suggest you find something even stronger...but watch it you don’t poison yourself instead.

Kill em all...happy hunting.

This is so informative. Thanks, my man.

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:46am On Mar 09, 2020
Enskynelson:
Just fumigate your apartment. If you can't afford that, get DD Force and drop all over the house. Close all doors and windows for three hours. This hot weather will make it work better.

Thanks sir.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:47am On Mar 09, 2020
Jerrysonng:
your floor look dirty, please put that into consideration too

I will, thanks.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:48am On Mar 09, 2020
vezycash:

Bro. Children kill this stuff and forget about it the next minute.
I swear my kids must play for sand, bush unattended for hours.
If I show your post to one of my ss2 students, she'll laugh at you.
Mehn! No be my fault o. It looks so terrifying.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by oluwakayode25(m): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2020
You welcome OP!

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:50am On Mar 09, 2020
Enwhen:

Lolss... This centipede is has venom, but very weak one, unlike scorpion, snake... does not need drugs to treat.

Your bed is placed directly to the floor, and the floor is cool and your located in a swamping area, they survive under water condition...to prevent it , clean up everywhere, fumigate, AVOID WATER SPILLING TO THE FLOOR... back then in the north, that thing used to sting me in the farm almost everyday...it's painful , but within a short while the pains disappears.

Your guesses are so correct.
Thanks for the info.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by AFONJACOW(m): 11:52am On Mar 09, 2020
SaAyomikun:

Thanks so much for this sir.
First thing as the day breaks, I'm going to get a bottle of sniper to deal with these things.
Thanks again chief...
while making use of the sniper don't drink some ooooo
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:53am On Mar 09, 2020
Orpe7:
Get a fumigator and fumigate ur room. If ure based In Lagos and u need one holla at 0802 306 7163
I'd have loved to, but unfortunately I stay in Kano.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:53am On Mar 09, 2020
gassbee:
first of all take out everything from d room and sun dry it, check every item to ensure no centipede is hiding something, use 2 bottles to bombard ur mattress all angles, avoid keeping soaked n wet rag on the floor, room or bathroom, they like wet areas, ur room must be dry always.
After is advisable u fumigate ur house

Thanks for this, Chief...
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Dearlord(m): 11:54am On Mar 09, 2020
See sweeweet meat and you are complaining
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:55am On Mar 09, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:
Sniper can kill u,, buy" dream a day " fleets
Noted sir. I'll check it out. thanks again.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:56am On Mar 09, 2020
Truthbites:
This ur floor resemble cement or german floor..I'm sure the centipedes are coming from the edge of the room...it's probably still sand, so try to re -cement

Your guess is correct. Thank you for this.

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2020
lavenjcrown:
i use to see this in my room years back, i did a google search and asked some questions about it harmful effect but found out it has no harmful effect though. probably your room wells are cool or wet or so. i actually resist them from my room after putting enough salt all corners of my room and since then, i have never see them no more.

Wow! I never knew salt works. thanks chief.

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SyndyB(m): 11:59am On Mar 09, 2020
That thing is poisonous ooo. If it touches your body, that spot of the body will swell and peal off like fire burns.

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by ZaOzaRoom(m): 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
Get a sniper for N500 and all these will be history.

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by dododawa1: 12:04pm On Mar 09, 2020
may either FACE me FACE you compound or your house is reside beside CANAL,lol.

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
This small thing mcheew!!!
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by demoBaba: 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
Normal things bro, move on
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 12:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
oluwakayode25:
You welcome OP!
so informative. thanks for this sir.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
oluwakayode25:
You welcome OP!
so informative. thanks for this sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Heavily Pregnant Woman Spotted Smoking, Sparks Reactions (Video) / WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public / Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.