Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,960 members, 7,841,692 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared (84598 Views)

I am Scared O, Have Learnt My Lesson, No More Skin To Skin / The Scorpion I Found Just Now In My Room (Photo) / Live Four-inch Centipede Removed From A 52-year-old Woman EAR (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
AFONJACOW:
while making use of the sniper don't drink some ooooo

lol... I won't. thanks.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
[quote author=olukaygold post=87290735]While I was reading the post,my mind was telling the op is a lady,in other to judge my conscience right, I went for confirmation, then my heart was stroked with surprise,you be Man and still dey fear this tiny thing OP try to work on your fear first

Meanwhile I've a tastefully built two bedroom flat for sale around Ekiti state University at an affordable flat.[/quote]

Your fingers were faster ! My thought exactly !

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by AerialMapper: 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
SaAyomikun:

Truth be told, it is a mattress on the floor.

Well, it would be good to get yourself off the floor. Today it is a relatively harmless centipede, tomorrow it could be a scorpion.

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Exodora: 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
Lazy Nairalanders ordinary centipede you want everybody to gather here for you while your mates are there killing big animals and making food out of them.
Shame on you!

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
SyndyB:
That thing is poisonous ooo. If it touches your body, that spot of the body will swell and peal off like fire burns.

oh... Thanks chief.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
SyndyB:
That thing is poisonous ooo. If it touches your body, that spot of the body will swell and peal off like fire burns.

oh... Thanks chief.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Mraproko1: 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
Did I heard somebody say lala
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 12:15pm On Mar 09, 2020
SyndyB:

Thanks for this.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
ZaOzaRoom:
Get a sniper for N500 and all these will be history.

thanks sir.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Exodora: 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
Lazy Nairalanders ordinary centipede you want everybody to gather here for you while your mates are there killing big animals and making food out of them.
Shame on you![color=#990000][/color]
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Tomoyayi(m): 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2020
talk2aikay:
Make no mistake about it, that thing is a scorpion.

It’s the long-tailed specie and it’s really fast and venomous. It feeds and lives on decaying wood. Got stung by one when I was younger and was forced to eat a bucketful of onions plus other stuff.

Anyways, this is your cue to fumigate your room inside-out. You’ve been particularly lucky to escape that stinger twice...don’t push your luck too far. Sniper is good but I’d suggest you find something even stronger...but watch it you don’t poison yourself instead.

Kill em all...happy hunting.

Scorpion ko cobra ni.
So you don't know what a scorpion looks like
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by frozen70(f): 12:20pm On Mar 09, 2020
SaAyomikun:
Help me! I am scared. I Need Help Identifying this!

Friends, I woke up some minutes past 1:00 AM this midnight to ease myself, then, with the help of the faint light emanating from the next room, I noticed something crawling beside me on the bed. I flashed my touch and boom! Look what I found. I then picked up my broom smashed it.

Please, who knows what this is?
From its look, it looks harmful, is it truly harmful?
How can I prevent it?

It crawls very fast like a snake does.
PS: this is the second time I'd be killing such in my room, I just didn't take it seriously the first time.

Please, help me! I'm really scared. I can't even lay on that bed anymore. angryFriends, I woke up some minutes past 1:00 AM this midnight to ease myself, then, with the help of the faint light emanating from the next room, I noticed something crawling beside me on the bed. I flashed my touch and boom! Look what I found. Out of timidity, I picked up my broom smashed it a few times before I swept it outside.
How can I prevent it?

PS: It crawls very fast like a snake does.

PS: this is the second time I'd be killing such in my room, I just didn't take it seriously the first time.

Please, help me! I'm really scared. I can't even lay on that bed anymore.

It came through the bathroom hole

Check your bathroom outlet

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by drakeskull(m): 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
They creep in bathroom and wet / moist places too. Cover all openings as well

SaAyomikun:
Help me! I am scared. I Need Help Identifying this!

Friends, I woke up some minutes past 1:00 AM this midnight to ease myself, then, with the help of the faint light emanating from the next room, I noticed something crawling beside me on the bed. I flashed my touch and boom! Look what I found. I then picked up my broom smashed it.

How can I prevent it?

It crawls very fast like a snake does.

Please, help me! I'm really scared. I can't even lay on that bed anymore. angryFriends, I woke up some minutes past 1:00 AM this midnight to ease myself, then, with the help of the faint light emanating from the next room, I noticed something crawling beside me on the bed. I flashed my touch and boom! Look what I found. Out of timidity, I picked up my broom smashed it a few times before I swept it outside.
How can I prevent it?

PS: It crawls very fast like a snake does.

Please, help me! I'm really scared. I can't even lay on that bed anymore.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 12:26pm On Mar 09, 2020
AerialMapper:

Well, it would be good to get yourself off the floor. Today it is a relatively harmless centipede, tomorrow it could be a scorpion.

Thanks so much.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2020
Exodora:
Shame on you!

*tears
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 12:28pm On Mar 09, 2020
frozen70:

It came through the bathroom hole
Check your bathroom outlet
I will, thanks.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by nams77: 12:28pm On Mar 09, 2020
Veronica617:
its not a centipede, its called a rag worm. they survive in cold or wet parts of the room
Really grin check again
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by SaAyomikun(m): 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
drakeskull:
They creep in bathroom and wet / moist places too. Cover all openings as well

I will, thanks so much.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by nobilie: 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
This, likes cool and dark environment. Usually comes from the ground. Other occupants in the building obviously see the same.
Use insecticide regularly.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Tomoyayi(m): 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2020
When you're done fumigating, put Naphthalene eggs around the house preferably places you can't easily get access to. Also pour sniper in bathroom drain and pour some water afterwards then put 2 or 3 small Naphthalene eggs in it, Do same thing for wash hand basin.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by litaninja(m): 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2020
The room does NOT have to be dirty.
Yes, it may be more common in a dirty & stuffed room, but that is not always the case.
@OP; the weather is changing, insects and small rodents will start moving indoors to lay low, breed, etc, so you'd have to fumigate or spray more often & block as many of the small openings as you can.
Its a losing battle though, block hole, block the small space under door, block the small space between net and window frame, block block block....You go block taya. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Chidonsky: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
SaAyomikun:

Thanks so much for this sir.
First thing as the day breaks, I'm going to get a bottle of sniper to deal with these things.
Thanks again chief...
i have killed several of this in my room,even the one bigger than this.I think it shows up around rainy season and is very fast in nature.This happen in most houses that are old and open.Just flit your house with some insecticide liquid.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by howmarket2: 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
if it stings you, you will transform from a man to a woman.if you are a woman then u ll transform to a man.thats what the used to keep us away from such thinks as a kid.
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
Centipedes are arthropods belonging to Class Chilopoda. They are predatory and venomous. ... Despite this, the venom usually is not strong enough to be life threatening to people, and most centipede bites are typically more painful for humans than they are dangerous.

Op there might be many more in your room,so you need to be careful..

What about scorpions, are their bites life threatening or just more painful?
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by gonkin(m): 12:52pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sometimes they crawl out the bathroom drain. Especially when u pour hard detergent in there
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Orpe7(m): 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2020
SaAyomikun:

I'd have loved to, but unfortunately I stay in Kano.

Get one there
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:58pm On Mar 09, 2020
Buy insect rambo powder... that will help

Secondly if your house was built on a swampy soil or ground and they they are cracks in the house... there is little u can do....!!

1 Like

Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Saintmary(f): 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2020
FuckThaMod:
Na to cook am chop be the next thing... Nigerians wey dey chop everything
We are not Chinese
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Twifemmy(m): 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2020
How does technology help in agriculture?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl_QfgudX50
Modern transportation technology facilities help farmers easily transport fertilizers or other farm products to their farms, and it also speeds the supply of agricultural products from farms to the markets where consumers get them daily.

Today's agriculture routinely uses sophisticated technologies such as robots, temperature and moisture sensors, aerial images, and GPS technology. These advanced devices and precision agriculture and robotic systems allow businesses to be more profitable, efficient, safer, and more environmentally friendly.

Top 5 Recent Agricultural Inventions

*Bees and drones. If climate change continues, scientists warn that food *shortages could be more likely which will drive up prices.
*Artificial intelligence, automation and the Internet of Things.
*Blockchain technology.
*Urban agriculture and vertical farming.
*Genetic editing.

HERE ARE THE TOP 10 MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES

*Virtual reality.
*Precision medicine. ...
*Health wearables. ...
*Artificial organs. ...
*3-D printing. ...
*Wireless brain sensors. ...
*Robotic surgery. ...
*Smart inhalers. Inhalers are the main treatment option for asthma and if taken correctly, will be effective for 90% of patients. ...
*Robotic surgery
Robotic surgery is used in minimally invasive procedures and helps to aid in precision, control, and flexibility.
#PraxisMedia
#PraxisStudios
#PraxisTv
#TECHCORNERNG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl_QfgudX50
#TwifemmyMediaAndTechnology
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by bluejeff(m): 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
Interesting!
Re: The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
Pls be careful with it ,I think they are kinda poisonous, maybe u need to look for something that repels them.someone I know died from that thing.maybe it was centipede or millipede,the thing bite am 4 ear few days later swelling started to appear on his face and hand ,one of the swelling burst he then bleed to death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public / Intimate Wash Product: Its Side Effects Or Benefits / Coronavirus: China Accuses US Army Of Bringing Virus To Wuhan, Sparks Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.