Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,666 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed (1958 Views)

Your Crush And Why You Like Him/her / Women, Your VIRGINITY Is Not Enough O! / How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by Coretalk(m): 12:29am On Dec 22, 2010
don't mean to criticise women or anything but i have found this complain trait among our women especially those exposed to western cultures

a close friend of mine just overheard a girl that he passionately admires, saying he is too black for her.(the girl is light-skinned by the way)
Also,i realise more than a couple of times this complain is common among our fair-skin women.

so i'm curious, is it now a attraction curse to be black? i mean why are these women judging solely on the shade of the skin or is this how light-skin women think?
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by Idowuogbo(f): 12:38am On Dec 22, 2010
am fair , and i like choco milo bois , so not all oranges are d same o
some are sour , some are ripe wink cool cool cool
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by jamaicangi(f): 1:28am On Dec 22, 2010
I am "medium" and I do not have any preference for skin color-the palest white or the blackest black are both fine with me!

I am in the minority, however, most Black people have an inferiority complex and believe that white is better even if they don't realize it or will not admit it. If this were not the case, then there would not be the problem of skin bleaching.

Some backwards people will also make comments if two people are dating and the man and woman are disparate in skin color.

This girl is not mature enough and not self-aware enough to be dating anyone. Tell your friend that he can do better. And, I hope that he is not attracted to her because she is fair,
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by iice(f): 4:59am On Dec 22, 2010
Hmmmm kinda weird, when all i hear is 'i only like black brothas', 'chocolate brothas are finer', 'the darker the better'. . .Seriously people and their issues undecided The person (characteristics/traits/body features) himself/herself is irrelevant because of skin color something something. Can we just get to the post apocalyptic age already and be done with all these things? undecided Foraging for food and waters sounds more interesting
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by freecocoa(f): 6:22am On Dec 22, 2010
She should simply buy him a bleaching cream since skin colour is now a determinant for love,some people with their issues.SMH.
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by dayokanu(m): 6:24am On Dec 22, 2010
Idowuogbo:

am fair , and i like choco milo bois , so not all oranges are d same o
some are sour , some are ripe wink cool cool cool

You fair? Fair like Michelin tyres?
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by pwiz(m): 7:51am On Dec 22, 2010
WTF? Dat gurl must be nut or is it u?(joking), Cn i kal dis racism or wat? Wat has complexion gat to do wit like,love or watsoever.To be frank i cnt comment on dis arrrrrrg, Make she go find yellow pawpaw not-so-smart girl.mtscheeeeew
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by googles: 8:28am On Dec 22, 2010
dayokanu:

You fair? Fair like Michelin tyres?

grin grin grin

@topic

She prolly needed an excuse to tell him off jor. . . .some pple normally use the the complexion as an excuse if they are not feeling the flow undecided

why would anybody say "I can't date him cos hez too black" will the blackness rub off on her yellow skin ? undecided
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by Miguelmike: 9:03am On Dec 22, 2010
Why not she paint him her exact colour of choice.

1 Like

Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by InkedNerd(f): 9:12am On Dec 22, 2010
@OP: Well, everyone is entitled to their own preference. Its unfortunate though that some people's preference stems from a deep rooted inferiority complex. Suppose the girl had said she liked the guy but he was too light for her? Would you still be here questioning her preference? II personally LOVE dark skinned men. I can't get enough of them.
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by daduke2k(m): 9:30am On Dec 22, 2010
my choice, 2 indent d blaknez of a gurl nt 4 me.
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by MrsEve2(f): 10:44am On Dec 22, 2010
Inkie,

You right everyone HAS THEIR OWN Preferences of what they LIKE AND DON'T LIKE. However, that does not give us the right to be IGNANT AND BLATANTLY disruptive to the person whom we don't care for.

She can simply tell him she not interested all that EXTRA stuff is not NECESSARY, when people go GREAT length to be DISRUPTIVE, that is beyond STATING PREFERENCES, something DEEPER than a tub of shit going on,

1 Like

Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by MrsEve2(f): 10:46am On Dec 22, 2010
Mr cock likes bleached girls, but he doesn't go deeper by being disruptive to the girls that aren't bleached. IF he did, I haven't seen it.
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by InkedNerd(f): 11:01am On Dec 22, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

Inkie,

You right everyone HAS THEIR OWN Preferences of what they LIKE AND DON'T LIKE.  However, that does not give us the right to be IGNANT AND BLATANTLY disruptive to the person whom we don't care for. 

She can simply tell him she not interested all that EXTRA stuff is not NECESSARY, when people go GREAT length to be DISRUPTIVE, that is beyond STATING PREFERENCES,  something DEEPER than a tub of poo going on,

Ummm remember, she never said it directly to the guy. He overheard her saying it so most likely, which implies she wasn't speaking to him directly and was speaking to someone else. Look as long as she didn't say it to him directly, then she can run her mouth as much as she wants. For all we know she could have told him later on that she wasn't interested and then left it at that. If she doesn't like dark men, then she don't like dark men. Just as you may not be attracted to men that are very light, she isn't attracted to men that are very dark. At the end of the day, it all boils down to preferences. Yes, we've been conditioned with the "Light and bright damn near white" belief but its not a must for someone to like or admire dark skinned men[b]/[/b]women. If the man knows his worth the he will avoid a woman like that is she cannot love or car for him as he is.
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 22, 2010
leave am time still plenty
when 2020 reach she go dey find gorilla she no go see grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by MrsEve2(f): 11:08am On Dec 22, 2010
Sighs.

I even SAID IT, she CAN HAVE PREFERENCES hell she can like WHALES WITH FLIP FLIPS I don't care.  And I said I don't particularly care for WHITE MEN not light men.  You can have your PREFERENCES but that DOES NOT give US the right to DISRUPT someone because WE don't particularly care for THEM.

SHE MAY NOT have said it directly to him, BUT IT WAS HEARD.  It is like me saying in another room that WHITE MEN are disgusting and they smell like wet dogs, BUT I AM NOT saying it directly to THEM.

What the hell?
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by Orikinla(m): 11:23am On Dec 22, 2010
I am fair, but I do not really care about the colour of the skin as long as I find you attractive.

Many of our black women like being fair, that is why they bleach, tone or do skin wash.
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 22, 2010
@poster
and may i ask where is the problem in that? shouldnt people have the right to choose whats best FOR THEM.
shiiiiit, i dont like short fat indian looking women, is that a crime too (discrimination perhaps)?!

let people decide what they bloody want for their lives as long as it doesnt impair yours. the only reason the guy who overheard it was sad about it must be because he himself was dark skinned and liked the gal and finally realized his chances went from fairly good to none!

ps: even a dark skinned chick has the right to not be attracted to dark skinned men. being in a certain way doesnt mean you automatically have to be attracted to it.
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2010
@Mrs eve
are you saying that people should be quiet about what they like or dislike?! and may i ask why?!
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by MrsEve2(f): 4:45pm On Dec 22, 2010
No, Mr BrownJay,

That is not what I am saying. All I am saying that EXTRA SHIT is not necessary. If you are not interested in that person for whatever reasons tell them but all that extra shit about this and that is not important do you agree?

For example, you in the club and you doing your thing. You approached a chick and she getting all LOUD AND IGNANT saying I don't want you because you look like a dog, your eyes crooked, and you too dark. I mean is that necessary?

Then I guess that the Nigerian way, I DIGRESS.
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by LadyBella(f): 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2010
You know people and their obsession with the light skinned complexion. You can partly blame the representation of light skinned folks where ever you look, they are favored more. 

But it's based on your preference, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by livedit(f): 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2010
Everyone IS entitled to their own preference or qualities in what they are seeking in a partner.  You have every right.  I just think if there is a quality you don't like in a person, you don't have to voice it by being mean, disrespectful and rude about it.  There is a polite/kind way to tell someone you are not interested such as saying: "I'm flatter, but unfortunately, you are not my type or I don't think we would be a good match".  Being rejected is hurtful thing to anyone, but that's a part of life.  You dust it off, and find someone who would be a good match for you.  It's just a sad thing that society got this set image on what's beautiful and what's not.  Black people and other races who haven't accepted themselves are running around bleaching their skin, poisoning their body, getting plastic surgery, starving themselves, discrimating against their own race etc. to create this "image" just to fit in.  That's a dog-on shame.  But I digress.  Bottom line, you like what you like and you don't like what you don't like. But be respectful about it is all I'm saying.  There is always a polite way to get your point across without tearing somebodies spirit down.
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2010
Ok i had to use regular font for this one wink

First of all I am probably one of the few black women (western anyway undecided) who wants likes my men VERY dark in complexion as I find dark skinned men to be the most masculine and attractive not to mention I want chocolate offspring cheesy. I am considered "brown skinned" but I prefer the term dark skinned as I embrace black beauty, hence my preference in that type of man. However, that is my preference. The girl wants a light skinned man so lol that is on her. It is ok for her to have her preferences but the "too black thing" is definitely signifying to me that she has a chip on her shoulder and her mind is not right.
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by MrsEve2(f): 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2010
livedit:

Everyone IS entitled to their own preference or qualities in what they are seeking in a partner.  You have every right.  I just think if there is a quality you don't like in a person, you don't have to voice it by being mean, disrespectful and rude about it.  There is a polite/kind way to tell someone you are not interested such as saying: "I'm flatter, but unfortunately, you are not my type or I don't think we would be a good match".  Being rejected is hurtful thing to anyone, but that's a part of life.  You dust it off, and find someone who would be a good match for you.  It's just a sad thing that society got this set image on what's beautiful and what's not.  Black people and other races who haven't accepted themselves are running around bleaching their skin, poisoning their body, getting plastic surgery, starving themselves, discrimating against their own race etc. to create this "image" just to fit in.  That's a dog-on shame.  But I digress.  Bottom line, you like what you like and you don't like what you don't like. But be respectful about it is all I'm saying.  There is always a polite way to get your point across without tearing somebodies spirit down.

That was my point, Livedit.
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2010
@mrs eve and Livedit
yes of course people should use tact to voice their preferences but SHOULD voice them.
if a person doesnt like dating dark skinned people, he/she has the right to stand by that and say it. its not like dark skin people(or whatever) people believe that everyone is turned on by their looks.

as for rejection, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, its part of the dating life. i DO NOT believe in sugar coating anything and would rather people tell me exactly what turn them off rather than coming up with generic excuses( i guess we are different). i doubt that whatever they tell me is something i didnt know about myself, and if it is then it will help me make it better.

point in hand: many people have no idea their mouth stinks or that they have bad body odor. the ONLY way to help these individuals is to tell them directly about WHY you are not attracted to them rather than giving them the generic excuse BS(you are not my type bla bla bla)
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by SIlknSteel(f): 6:14pm On Dec 22, 2010
Hiya peeps!!! Compliments of the season all. Just browsing through nairaland again after a while and was kinda attracted to the post cos am as GUILTY as HELL of it. I actually thought the poster was referring to me to me cos I made a comment like that about someone who truly admires me, Sorry. But come to think of it: It is basically individual differences. I can't like what you like simply because am a black woman. By 'Black' I mean: Whites n BlackS. Am light chocolate and not so down with very fair guy but men, i cant fit manage skin DUDU, no be say anything. IT IS JUST ME and for all those that are ready to criticize us, pls note: U R U AND I AM ME, Kabish?
I recall snapping with him one time and my frds could only make out his dentition cause it was kinda dark!!! What do you say about that then? I never imagined having anything to do with him but I sincerely do not know how it happened but he ended up becoming the best thing that has happened to me in long while, LOL!!!
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by MrsEve2(f): 6:40pm On Dec 22, 2010
Once again, Mr BrownJay, I did say it must be that Nigerian thing and I digressed.
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by livedit(f): 6:55pm On Dec 22, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@mrs eve and Livedit
yes of course people should use tact to voice their preferences but SHOULD voice them.
if a person doesnt like dating dark skinned people, he/she has the right to stand by that and say it. its not like dark skin people(or whatever) people believe that everyone is turned on by their looks.

as for rejection, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, its part of the dating life. i DO NOT believe in sugar coating anything and would rather people tell me exactly what turn them off rather than coming up with generic excuses( i guess we are different). i doubt that whatever they tell me is something i didnt know about myself, and if it is then it will help me make it better.

point in hand: many people have no idea their mouth stinks or that they have bad body odor. the ONLY way to help these individuals is to tell them directly about WHY you are not attracted to them rather than giving them the generic excuse BS(you are not my type bla bla bla)

Pardon me Mr.BrownJay but what's wrong with telling someone that you are not my type.  Isn't that what you feel and saying anyway when you are "rejecting" them?? I believe in getting right to the point and tell someone so that they are not left wondering what it is.  Now, if after you TELL them that you are not interested and they are persistant, then you can kindly elaborate WHY you are not interested.  You are right to a point. Some people you have to be "blunt" with. Those are the ones who is walking around as you say "smelling" and don't care. But I feel, out of RESPECT and integrity, what's the point of telling x: "you are a fat, ugly smelling, bad breath, bow-legged, cross-eyed loser" and not worth a hill of beans that's why I don't want you?  It takes ALOT of guts and courage to ask someone out. Yes, rejection is apart of life. But just to be cruel.  There ain't no excuse for that no matter how you slice it.
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by Freesia(f): 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2010
Everyone is entitled to their own preference.  
A close friend  of mine was previously approached by a good looking man (she is caramel in complexion) she later asked me "what I'm I going to do with such a dark man"?? I reminded her that her own boyfriend wasn't light in complexion either and yes there were many things to do with this brother lol she just rolled her eyes and kissed her teeth at me I couldn't stop laughing.
Just like we have selective hearing sometimes we also choose what to see
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by MRBrownJ: 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2010
livedit:

Pardon me Mr.BrownJay but what's wrong with telling someone that you are not my type.  Isn't that what you feel and saying anyway when you are "rejecting" them?? I believe in getting right to the point and tell someone so that they are not left wondering what it is.  Now, if after you TELL them that you are not interested and they are persistant, then you can kindly elaborate WHY you are not interested.  You are right to a point. Some people you have to be "blunt" with. Those are the ones who is walking around as you say "smelling" and don't care. But I feel, out of RESPECT and integrity, what's the point of telling x: "you are a fat, ugly smelling, bad breath, bow-legged, cross-eyed loser" and not worth a hill of beans that's why I don't want you?  It takes ALOT of guts and courage to ask someone out. Yes, rejection is apart of life. But just to be cruel.  There ain't no excuse for that no matter how you slice it.

have to use my alter ego, (Nairaland just banned me. . . . . . . .again for no reason!)

you are not my type is too broad and not really the truth. that person has to know the EXACT reason in order to "maybe" work on what is driving some men away (especially if they are the one she is searching for) . . . . . .

so, as much as we are saying the same thing, if i am not attracted to big/dark or whatever women, i will let that girl know exactly that so there is no misunderstanding WHY i didnt want to be with her.
i would say:"babe i am sorry, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you as a person but i am not comfortable dating a big/dark or whatever girl".
if that girl turns around and is shocked by my comment then thats on her, i doubt she just realized that she was "big/dark or whatever" or that being that way is a big deal (other than each and everyone's  preferences, of course).

as for people who have problem such as smelly features, i wouldnt even wait for them to ask me out as i would be direct in telling them that they have a strange smell oozing from whatever part of their body and then continue by offering some solution. how can we even help them solve their "problem" if most people are too scared to even talk about it?!
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by livedit(f): 7:41pm On Dec 22, 2010
MRBrownJ:

have to use my alter ego, (Nairaland just banned me. . . . . . . .again for no reason!)

you are not my type is too broad and not really the truth. that person has to know the EXACT reason in order to "maybe" work on what is driving some men away (especially if they are the one she is searching for) . . . . . .

so, as much as we are saying the same thing, if i am not attracted to big/dark or whatever women, i will let that girl know exactly that so there is no misunderstanding WHY i didnt want to be with her.
i would say:"babe i am sorry, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you as a person but i am not comfortable dating a big/dark or whatever girl". <<I can respect that, straight and to the point. [/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/color]

if that girl turns around and is shocked by my comment then thats on her, i doubt she just realized that she was "big/dark or whatever" or that being that way is a big deal (other than each and everyone's preferences, of course). (then that's when it STILL boils back down to my point, you are not my type period)[color=#770077]

as for people who have problem such as smelly features, i wouldnt even wait for them to ask me out as i would be direct in telling them that they have a strange smell oozing from whatever part of their body and then continue by offering some solution. how can we even help them solve their "problem" if most people are too scared to even talk about it?!
(agreed, I would let them know to. Like I said, it's not always what you say, but how you say it. Some people you have to be blunt, but even still say it with tact instead of coming off looking like the a-hole is all I'm saying)
Re: I Like Him But He Is Too Black: Women Your Opinion Is Needed by dayokanu(m): 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2010
I hope all the people harping about personal preference would have the same thought when a thread comes up about something else

I remember a topic like that previously and people chose to disregard another guys personal preference

(1) (2)

Guys, How Do You Feel, Having It With A Married Woman? / As For Me Oo, They Are Tempting To Touch / Why Do Guys Like Holding "Their Thing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.