Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,561 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano (113402 Views)

Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement / Emir Sanusi's Home In Awe, Nasarawa State After Dethronement (Photos) / Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by scholes0(m): 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2020
This is how they exiled their Emirs to lands in the middle belt in the past and the exiled ones ended up creating little fiefdoms for themselves by forcefully taking away the lands that belonged to the original tribes of those places.
From their ancestral home in Fuuta Toro Senegal, to Sokoto to Kano city and now to Nassarawa... These invaders basically see middle belt states as their backwater provinces. Since when does Kano state have 'royal boys quarters' in Nasarawa which is a completely independent and autonomous state entity under the Nigerian constitution just like Kano? why wasn't he exiled to Katsina or Gwandu? undecided These Northerners are still reasoning like we are in the age of the Sokoto terrorist jihad.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by seunmsg(m): 5:04pm On Mar 09, 2020
This is not legal. He’s still a citizen of Nigeria and should be allowed to stay anywhere he likes outside the Kano emirate. Hopefully, he will challenge the dethronement and the illegal banishment in court.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Nlearn: 5:04pm On Mar 09, 2020
undecided
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by FemiOyewoleGCFR(m): 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2020
EmekaBlue:
lol....aboki funny fight

gandollar should be arrested too after his bribe caught on camera abi its that not corruption which is against d law?!

yeye dey smell for this country

Gandollar thinks he knows how to humiliate someone, I can tell you for sure that he will soon meet his Waterloo
And you can quote me...

28 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by sisisioge: 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2020
Chai! There is no respect for the throne! Na wa o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by toffyz(m): 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
so pathetic!

what has he done to deserve this?

I pray may he be vindicated @ the end.

God knows best!

6 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by BruncleZuma: 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
OTC!!!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by thundafire: 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
Grand pa was dethrone,grandson following his footsteps I know he wished Good luck was on dey seat because even Buhari supported it for castigating his useless government

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by AkpaMgbor(m): 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
sapientia:
So SLS will never enter Kano again till he dies.
While nyamiri business men can freely come and go from kano as they choose..the irony. grin

9 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by selemempe: 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
Yorubas won't know whether to support ganduje or sanusi who helped them blackmail Jonathan grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by bayelsaowei(m): 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
If gej was the one doing same to sanusi the north and west would have called for his head..but take a look at a governor dealing with sanusi like a common criminal..

Gej was persecuted simply because he was from the minority...thats my concrete conclusion.

We can argue all we want , gej was punished for emerging from the south...

25 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
This is far more serious than I initially thought.

I knew he was gonna be made to go into exile. But this was way too fast.

Who wrote this script? Looks and sounds like an action movie.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Talknochip(m): 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Smh

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by SenecaTheYonger: 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
GEJ smiles and waves at Emir Sanusi as he's been conveyed to Nassarawa state cheesy cheesy

Inside life

finally the comment I've been waiting for

8 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by 21cents: 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
hey... funkeh!!
wetin dey happen to sanusi..

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by hammerU: 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
IT IS REMAINING TINUBU.

WE SAW WAT HAPPENED TO ATIKU.

NOW SANUSI.

KARMA IS A BITCH, NOBODY ESCAPES IT.

GEJ MUST BE LAUGHING HIS ASS OFF.

12 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by LONGPREEK(m): 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
what is the meaning of kemo ladi please
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by lomprico(m): 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
sanusi's karma has come to roost!

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Haymaykar(m): 5:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
Security Operatives on Monday arrested dethroned Emir of Kano Muhammad Sanusi II and whisked him out of the ancient city amidst tight security.

It was gathered that the security operatives are heading to Nassarawa state where Sanusi will spend the rest of his life in asylum.

Before he was taken away, Sanusi was said to have been put under house arrest by the heavy security personnel of DSS, Police and Military.

The arrest was after the security operatives sealed off the Palace.

An impeccable source at the Government House hinted that Governor Abdullahi Ganduje, who is presiding over an emergency Executive Council Meeting, is set to announce the new emir any moment.

The Nation reliably gathered that the names of some powerful aristocrats with direct lineage to the Palace were tabled before Ganduje, who has the constitutional powers to appoint an Emir.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Cantonese: 5:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
"Exiled to Nassarawa". Whose compound would he be living there "for the rest of his life"? Or does Kano state have an annex there to keep him. Definitely Ganduje had been planning this for ages.

Anyway na dem dem!

10 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
sapientia:
So SLS will never enter Kano again till he dies.

Not openly.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by COMPLEXCHIZZY(m): 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
TOFIKWA

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Myself2(m): 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
Inkling:
It has finished

What a humiliation!

I love this grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by ednut1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
veekid:

History repeats itself, in 1963, Emir Sir Muhammadu Sanusi I was dethroned as a result of the power struggle between him and Ahmadu Bello.

57 years later, his son Emir Sanusi Mohammed Sanusi II is dethroned by Governor Ganduje.
grandson

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by KingMicky3286: 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
History Textbook loading for the smart people.

Please someone should teach me how to write books.

Everyday event in Nigeria is enough to make someone a billionaire.

7 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by TrebleChamp(m): 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
The only true monarch in Nigeria is the Oba of Benin. Every other king in Nigeria are ceremonial or politically nominated kings. No govt can try this with the Oba of Benin Kingdom...

15 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by NIJJAking(m): 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ganduje thinks he is in Hausa movie here. Banish someone in this modern days . this madness no get part two

6 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by imma007: 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sorry mallam Sanusi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Captaincee(m): 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
id4sho:
Things fall apart
The center can not hold, mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.

7 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by BERNIMOORE: 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
seunmsg:
This is not legal. He’s still a citizen of Nigeria and should be allowed to stay anywhere he likes outside the Kano emirate. Hopefully, he will challenge the dethronement and the illegal banishment.
This is to show you that the Buhari led Government Operates an Alien government within Our Democracy Don't expect anything to work, is it eliminating of insurgency or the stable electricity don't expect anything to work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by nopoverty(m): 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
It is a great shame that Nigeria has turned to banana island where opposition voice is viewed as a criminal offence

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by TzuClausewitz: 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
Emir Sanusi Mohammed II is the grandson of Emir Sir Muammadu Sanusi I, not his son. His father is Aminu Sanusi, a career diplomat who served as the Nigerian ambassador to Belgium, China and Canada.
veekid:

History repeats itself, in 1963, Emir Sir Muhammadu Sanusi I was dethroned as a result of the power struggle between him and Ahmadu Bello.

57 years later, his son Emi
r Sanusi Mohammed Sanusi II is dethroned by Governor Ganduje.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sokoto Road, Kaduna: El-Rufai Constructs Road That Looks Like European Road / Photo Of Bianca Ojukwu After Slapping Ebelechukwu Obiano As Nigerians React / 2019 Election Will Hold After 6 Days. I See Postponement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.