Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,778 members, 7,831,499 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) (43375 Views)

Vandalism Worsen Grid Collapse As Gas Shortage Slashes Power Supply / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Has Implemented, In Compliance With Judicial Financial Autonomy / 2019 Polls: Senate Slashes Power, Health, Education, Presidency Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by atobs4real(m): 7:55pm On Mar 10, 2020
The new bill sent to me by IKED company is #12,100 for a 2 bed room flat. That news is fake.
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Amudeneogu: 7:57pm On Mar 10, 2020
While EEDC refused to slash their own instead increased it more
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 10, 2020
edoairways:

Many Nigerians have short memory

It is in this doomed country that when people are given light for one full day, they will be sing praising the distribution companies. When the light is off , they will be saying things like; ah, dem don try naa, since morning, nigeria don better be that. Next week they will be in darkness for days

2 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Godons1: 8:00pm On Mar 10, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Who let this dog out?

E pain this Afonja say we Igbo's love Mazi Buhari.

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Mrsprof(f): 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2020
When will EEDC comply? They keep increasing our bill here
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by edoairways: 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

It is in this doomed country that when people are given light for one full day, they will be sing praising the distribution companies. When the light is off , they will be saying things like; ah, dem don try naa, since morning, nigeria don better be that. Next week they will be in darkness for days
Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Panelbeater(m): 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2020
National Electricity Regulatory Commission “NERC” is another spineless and toothless bulldog Nigerians should never hope in their pronouncements.

How can you tell us starting from this month electricity bill, bogus estimated billings will be drastically reduced downwards to as low as 1700 naira and EKEDC is still in the business of ripping Lagosians into shreds with crazy bills?

Throughout the whole of last month, the number of days we got power supplied to area is not up to 2weeks, I spent a lot on fuel due to the hot weather and now I got of a bill of over 10k for the month of February alone ��.

I have applied and paid fully for a single phase prepaid meter since December last year and all I am being told is “it is not yet ready” yet they are charging me like crazy and I could recall that NERC said prepaid meter will be ready in 10days after application.

NERC raised my expectations last month only to have it smashed into pieces this afternoon, it shows they have no control over the thievery EKEDC .

3 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by alxirabor(m): 8:11pm On Mar 10, 2020
My people don't be too quick to rejoice. This is nigeria,. Wait and watch they will device a way to collect the money back. They will give you with right hand and collect it back with the left hand. This is Nigeria.
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by donald197: 8:14pm On Mar 10, 2020
AEDC Asokoro brought 15,830 bill for my self contained apartment.

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Perfecttouchade: 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2020
dfrost:

Na dem oOo. Same thing with ours after sending a message to apologize for the epileptic supply. Because of maintenance bla bla bla. Then next, boom! the bill increased by 1,500 amounting to 16k+. angry shocked Them never see something. I have printed the circular and gave to the other flat occupants. We dey wait for them. Each person will not pay more than 1,800. Bunch of jokers and colorado smokers. angry
I just called my old folks to keep me informed when dey will coming to disconnect people's light cos dey do go on disconnections every 3days so I will make sure I'm on ground...these people are milking us

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Eastcoast33(m): 8:17pm On Mar 10, 2020
This is a truly welcome development. I hope they improve on the distribution sha.

Contact us for Your Professional CV writing as well as Business Model Creation.
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:17pm On Mar 10, 2020
lonelydora:
Very good.

You can never see PhEDC do something like this.

I tire 4 dose pipo. In fact I'll try everything possible to report them this month if they try nonsense

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by niyidenrele: 8:18pm On Mar 10, 2020
DrChukki:
I was surprised this morning when I was told my share for this month's bill is 130 naira... But last month I paid 1970 naira... Thank God oh
..face me ,I slapped u house...I can understand
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by mamaafrik(m): 8:18pm On Mar 10, 2020
One of my church colleague nearly had High bp , imagine 36k per month for 3 bedroom flat.,IKEDC kilode.
As una dey write,dey indicate company nameoooooo,for record purpose

2 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Goddyj(m): 8:21pm On Mar 10, 2020
Is this why we only see light 3 hours a day now grin

2 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by xrayj(m): 8:21pm On Mar 10, 2020
FuckThaMod:
No wonder they are refusing to give us light like they use to..
How is your power supply now? Cos here it dropped by 90% in the past 2 weeks angry
Extremely poor now
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by xrayj(m): 8:23pm On Mar 10, 2020
donald197:
AEDC Asokoro brought 15,830 bill for my self contained apartment.
Na wa o 15k for self con
U know everyone in asokoro is viewed as a big man

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by seanw: 8:23pm On Mar 10, 2020
But the set date for full implementation is April 2020 so lets put our fingers cross.
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by bekpo(m): 8:23pm On Mar 10, 2020
Izanghi:
Ours was an increase o, january was #15667.87 to #19462.88 for February, a mini flat for that matter in Oshod iunder IKEDC the whole of last 9 days was totally blackout. I'll use all my options to tell NERC about this disobedient and fraud.

The new directive was effective this month!
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by jamace(m): 8:29pm On Mar 10, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
AEDC are the best
Which best? No prepaid meters. Analog company. AEDC contract should be revoked and awarded to an efficient and effective company.
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Osombo: 8:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
All the diff DISCOs will go. That can't stop d FG from giving Siemen, the German company generation, transmission and distribution of electricity, unmetered house go enjoy cos u get stable power supply though expensive.
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by obaobirin: 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2020
Izanghi:
Ours was an increase o, january was #15667.87 to #19462.88 for February, a mini flat for that matter in Oshod iunder IKEDC the whole of last 9 days was totally blackout. I'll use all my options to tell NERC about this disobedient and fraud.

Thought I was the only one on this table oooooo.. I'm being billed 10k-12k steadily but last month that was without light for almost 21days and the 8 days with light is 3-5minutes per day I was billed 6,500

What's the process of reporting this fraud
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by BabangidaHamza(m): 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2020
The person who made the idea of privatising the power sector, the people that invested on this privatization, may Allah s.w.t never make it easy for them.. Today is 5 days since when our xformer has a fault, we complained but no response nor action.. Allah ya isa Kedco!!!

2 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by hilaryCU(m): 8:41pm On Mar 10, 2020
Nigerians are the most docile and cowardly people on earth. Can't fight for any injustice but wants to have a decent country.

Just refusal of majority not to pay for the astronomical charges and this problem would sorted itself out.

2 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Ustec: 8:42pm On Mar 10, 2020
ayokunl:
I still received 9,397.40 today, lagos
Go and complain, Don't keep quiet if you think it's not right.
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by mamaafrik(m): 8:42pm On Mar 10, 2020
One of my church colleague nearly had High bp , imagine 36k per month for 3 bedroom flat.,IKEDC kilode.
As una dey write,dey indicate company nameoooooo,for record purpose...
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Flier: 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2020
xynerise:
EKDC brought N2000 to me as against 15k last month. Ok, we are getting there. Though the 2k was for less than 5hours a day electricity.
Expect them to slash yourself electricity supply,they won’t buy gas anymore
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Flier: 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2020
Goddyj:
Is this why we only see light 3 hours a day now grin
Ofcourse and you guys will spend the money to fuel generator
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by macfaded(m): 8:51pm On Mar 10, 2020
Izanghi:
mafoluku?

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by macfaded(m): 8:52pm On Mar 10, 2020
Realdeals:
Ikeja Electric are useless, power supply was erratic last month, yet they increase my bill by 20%.
ikeja electric is more than useless

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by abbasajao(m): 8:53pm On Mar 10, 2020
MZrapper:

And VAT didn't take effect until February, the way you people lie ehn.
So there is no VAT before February??
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by SocialJustice: 8:56pm On Mar 10, 2020
FuckThaMod:
No wonder they are refusing to give us light like they use to..
How is your power supply now? Cos here it dropped by 90% in the past 2 weeks angry
The drop in power supply was a coincidence and a generation problem not distribution problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Stop Lagos Judicial Panel From Accessing Military Mortuary / Court Sentences Mu’ammar Tukur To Death By Hanging In Katsina / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.