Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,368 members, 7,836,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court (48130 Views)

Sule Abdullahi On Sanusi: Ganduje Called To Ask If I Would Accept Deposed Emir / El-Rufai Appoints Deposed Emir Sanusi Into KADIPA Board / Deposed Emir Sanusi On Exile In Loko, Nasarawa Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by bettadayz: 7:51pm On Mar 10, 2020
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the deposed Emir of Kano, was this afternoon whisked away in an helicopter from his new abode in Nasarawa state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIMAkNEwM64
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by Theoarhics: 7:52pm On Mar 10, 2020
madridguy:
Alhaji Sanusi should accept his fate and move on.

For you to eat with the devil you must have a very long spoon. The moment he started taking side in the last election, i knew the man is gone already should Ganduje win.

Look at the Sultan of Sokoto, always talk with caution.

Politician can kill their mother to retain power so you don't mess with them.
He has accepted his fate , but not his restriction 9f movement and kinda of perpetual enclosure in that village for life . Just in case you don't know what the banishment entails. I don't support such laws in a modern world. He has right to free movement as enshrined in the Nigeria constitution which supersedes the kano traditional law.
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by jolyment: 7:56pm On Mar 10, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
yes under buhari government

Naija
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by orisa37: 7:57pm On Mar 10, 2020
SUPPORTED. Maybe Tanko is a special Fulani man.
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 7:58pm On Mar 10, 2020
*There is sense in Nonsense*
*Sanusi's dethronement... Permit me to be sarcastic...*
*What if it's the Northern Agenda?*
*How*
*Okay...*
*Step 1. Emir cannot be President right?*
*Step 2. Ganduje sacks Sanusi.*
*Step 3. Sanusi joins APC.*
*Step 4. The North pitches him against Jagaban as Presidential Candidate.*
*Step 5. Buhari favours him as against Jagaban.*
*Step 6. Sanusi contests as President.*
*Step 7. Sanusi gets the North, Part of East, Part of West and wins.*
*Step 8. Ganduje reconciles and apologize.*
*Step 9. Sanusi is sworn in.*
*Step 10. Ganduje becomes Minister.*
*Nigeria has made me to always be thinking anyhow...*
��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂��‍♂
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by ignis: 7:59pm On Mar 10, 2020
Interesting.
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 7:59pm On Mar 10, 2020
Misleading headline...He is only going to court to challenge his banishment and arrest.... Stop posting fake news
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2020
seunmsg:
This is a welcome development. The court will have to rule on the validity of the dethronement and the legality of the banishment. The deposed emir Jakolo of Gwandu also challenged his dethronement and banishment by the Kebbi State government in 2005 and he won at the high court and appeal court. The Supreme Court is yet to rule on the matter.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the court will quash the illegal banishment to Nasarawa State. As for the dethronement, I don’t have a good knowledge of the law governing the Kano emirate so I will have to wait for the decision of the court on the matter.

He is not challenging his dethronement, don't mind the misleading headline....He is just going to Court to challenge his banishment and arrest
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:02pm On Mar 10, 2020
Fake news for myopic youths....He is going to court to challenge his banishment and arrest and not his dethronement
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by bankylan: 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2020
madridguy:

For you to eat with the devil you must have a very long spoon. The moment he started taking side in the last election, i knew the man is gone already should Ganduje win.

This fear of politicians is what keeps Nigerians in servitude. Politicians are your servants who hold public wealth in trust for you and I. They are answerable to us. But here we are in Nigeria. People have lost their senses of self and see politicians as lords and saviours. When they are done with their enslavement, their kids take over from them just because we have a docile population . So sad!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by Igwesamco: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
This is a good move try first leave the remaining one to God wish u well in all ur litigation period
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by cuteboy2: 8:14pm On Mar 10, 2020
SamuelOamen:

Deposed Kano Emir Muhammad Sanusi II has vowed to challenge his dethronement and banishment in court.

His lawyer, Abubakar Mahmoud (SAN), declared this in a briefing few minutes ago in Abuja.

He said the restriction of the Emir’s movement and his dethronement were unlawful and gross violation of his human rights.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-deposed-emir-sanusi-heads-to-court/

But Sanusi already made a recorded speech saying his dethronement is the act and will of God. Is he going to court to challenge God
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by MOSICATED5(m): 8:32pm On Mar 10, 2020
NGpatriot:

You mean Sanusi the classic polygamist and hypocrite with 4 wives, 40 years older than the 18 year old he just married and tons of children ranting about almajiri and polygamy dragging the North back when he's the classic example of what rants about.

You people need to keep quiet and stop acting as if you know what's best for the rest of Nigeria when in fact your own towns and villages are not any different.
This rubbish you wrote how does it affect the fact that Sanusi spoke about the backwards of the North?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2020
The governor may have the right to dethrone but not the right to banish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by adenigga(m): 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2020
Lostz:
at least he should be free to live anywhere. taking him to exile is undemocratic

.......But it's monarchical.

Under monarchy system it's the norms & traditions.

Then, remember the adage that says, "He who pays the Piper, dictates the tunes"

For Governors to be paying them salaries & giving them staff of office, shows they are under the whims & caprices of whoever occupied the position of the Governor.

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by senatordave1(m): 8:38pm On Mar 10, 2020
daddytime:
Tori worwor...
You dey based for ph
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by olasaad(f): 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2020
madridguy:

So he should leave in the remote village without assess to his family and friends throughout his lifetime. Pls something must be done concerning to the banishment biko
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by senatordave1(m): 8:44pm On Mar 10, 2020
ejimatic:
. The case will be finally decided at the SC.When all Gandujeic decisions are reversed the AIG in the NW will implement his return as Emir with immediate effects...
You have not said anything about today judgment on bayelsa
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by daddytime(m): 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
senatordave1:

You dey based for ph

I grew up there...
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by senatordave1(m): 8:47pm On Mar 10, 2020
daddytime:

I grew up there...
I miss that programme oh
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by jom28gy(m): 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2020
Is a good move,to enforce his fundamental human rights
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by frog12: 8:58pm On Mar 10, 2020
tradition versus modern law. hehehehehehehe
politics and the emirate. it is very bloody!!!

Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by Ubiudumo(m): 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2020
I saw it coming. If I were him I'd also file an action for violation of fundamental human right.

It is enshrined in the constitution that there shall be freedom of movement for Nigerians.

Restricting him to one place is contrary to the dictates of the constitution.
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by goderlist44: 9:05pm On Mar 10, 2020
In 1963 the Premier of Northern Nigeria, Sir Ahmadu Bello, dethroned Sarki Muhammadu Sanusi (I). He was banished to Azare. It was personal, it was political.

In 1982 Governor Muhammad Abubakar Rimi returned the dethroned Emir to Wudil. He also created four new Emirates, the same ones that the Kano State House of Assembly has just created. Rimi did it to spite Sarki Ado Bayero. It was personal, it was political.

In 1983 Governor Sabo Bakin Zuwo reversed the creation of the four new Emirates. He did it to spite Abubakar Rimi. It was personal, it was political.

In 2014 Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso appointed Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (Muhammadu Sanusi (ll)) to the throne of his grandfather, against the favoured Aminu Ado Bayero, the son of the late Emir of Kano. He did it to spite President Goodluck Jonathan. It was personal, it was political.

Goodluck Jonathan had earlier on suspended SLS as CBN Governor, for vociferously being a critic of the government he was serving in. It was personal, it was political.

Bear in mind that Kwankwaso and SLS were at daggers drawn. SLS had openly criticised Kwankwaso's decision to spend N700m to build a liason office in Abuja; Kwankwaso had in turn asked UBA to sack SLS who was a GM with UBA. It was personal, it was political.

Never mind that Kwankwaso subsequent appointment of SLS In 2014 to the throne of his forefathers suited Kwankwaso. It was personal, it was political.

Sarki Muhammadu Sanusi (Il) cannot on any account be called politically naive. He ought to have chosen his battles wisely. Emir Muhammadu Sanusi (Il) is a reformist ruler, his subjects need him desperately. Almajiranci/bara (street begging), girl-child education, abuse of polygamy, abuse of divorce, drug abuse are issues the Emir has placed on the front burner. His subjects need him desperately. By not balancing his actions and utterances with some circumspection he has allowed his sphere of influence to be whittled down by politicians who have no scruples. If he is dethroned it will be a massive let down. A brave and courageous General can only lead his troops to victory if he stays alive. Charging headlong into enemy lines is foolhardy, it will merely expose his troops to needless danger and defeat.

That is where we are today. Sarki Muhammadu Sanusi (Il) has played into the hands of Ganduje and his House of unscrupulous Assembly members. The well being of the people means nothing to them. It's personal, it's political.

Allah yasa mudace.Ameen!
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by Gandollaar(f): 9:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
oluwaseyi000:

you definitely do not know Sanusi

Watch any or all of the videos below to grasp who he really is, he is anti-sharia, anti-archaic practices of the north

1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ71sjnpOWw&t=880s

2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXwwJHcoyfY

3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_f-O4Pedos

4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOv86kWdOg4

He is a hypocrite!

Before he became emir he supported Sharia implementation in zamfara. He built mosques and married an underaged girl.

1 Like

Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by LordShiva97(m): 9:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
saheedbadmus:
Really.. dats nice but do u think ganduje would follow the rule of law if u eventually win in court

Don't just bring heads together without proving security.. let Security be your number 1 priority when having an event.. we can provide you with top-Notch event security within Lagos and neighboring states..

Are those guys armed with proper firearms?

If not, then all that muscle is for nothing.
Nice uniform thourgb.
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by daddytime(m): 9:11pm On Mar 10, 2020
senatordave1:

I miss that programme oh

Lol
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by Agugbadin: 9:13pm On Mar 10, 2020
SamuelOamen:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-deposed-emir-sanusi-heads-to-court/

Fake news, he is only challenging his banishment, he accepted his dethronement in good faith
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by frog12: 9:18pm On Mar 10, 2020
sanusi cannot eat his cake and have it at the same time. he either stay in tradition rules or stay away from it. tradition says once dethroned, you are exiled in a stone aged village.

sanusi cannot eat his cake and have it at the same time. he either stay in tradition rules or stay away from it. tradition says once dethroned, you are exiled in a stone aged village.

Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by Mummymahdi(f): 9:20pm On Mar 10, 2020
madridguy:

The restrictions of his movement is what he won't tolerate
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by Basher8583: 9:21pm On Mar 10, 2020
seunmsg:
This is a welcome development. The court will have to rule on the validity of the dethronement and the legality of the banishment. The deposed emir Jakolo of Gwandu also challenged his dethronement and banishment by the Kebbi State government in 2005 and he won at the high court and appeal court. The Supreme Court is yet to rule on the matter.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the court will quash the illegal banishment to Nasarawa State. As for the dethronement, I don’t have a good knowledge of the law governing the Kano emirate so I will have to wait for the decision of the court on the matter.

There's nothing the courts can do if banishment is part of penal action of the Emirate laws in Kano state. Sanusi should know better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Fatima Buhari At Her Wedding / Troops Ambush & Kill Escaping Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno(photos) / Governor Badaru Abubakar, Senators Escape Lynching In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.