Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Lekki Toll Tariff. Don't Be Caught Pant Down. 3rd Jan 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Toll Tariff. Don't Be Caught Pant Down. 3rd Jan 2011 (661 Views)

Caught-pant Down: Jonathan In Secret Meeting With ….? / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza / Occupy Lekki: Lekki Toll Gate Protest-update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Toll Tariff. Don't Be Caught Pant Down. 3rd Jan 2011 by lyvin: 11:45am On Dec 22, 2010
Despite public outcry and court cases pending over this matter, LCC and Lagos State government
are going ahead tolling  of lekki epe express way starting from 3rd of Jan 2011.
In a release from the company the toll prices are as follows:

Motorcycles  =N50 tarrif

Commercial danfo minibuses = 80

Saloon cars and tricycles = 120

Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) minibuses and pick-up trucks = N150

Light trucks and 2-axle buses = N250

Heavy trucks and buses with two or more heavy axles = N350

No one knows how the public will react to this development either on the d-day or days preceding it,
as this will add to the cost and time spent traveling within that route.
Whichever way, people should be be guided and be properly informed as events unfold

New year gift for Lagosians from ACN and LCC  grin  grin grin
Re: Lekki Toll Tariff. Don't Be Caught Pant Down. 3rd Jan 2011 by dplordx(m): 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2010
BRF has done well.
Anywayz sha, seems like Lekki is getting more and more restricted to the poor people day by day.
Thats very nice. I hope the same rich people will keep BRF in come next year.
Re: Lekki Toll Tariff. Don't Be Caught Pant Down. 3rd Jan 2011 by ekubear1: 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2010
Those fares seem pretty reasonable, at least to me.

For those who oppose the Lekki Road fees, how are we supposed to put up infrastructure? The federal government doesn't want to spend money. There is only a limited amount that can be raised from taxation within Lagos. If we want to attract capital from outside the country to help us build infrastructure in Lagos, then there will be a price to pay.

I know it sucks to pay money to use a road, but nothing good in life comes cheap.

Anyway, I really hope this project succeeds so that foreign investors are encouraged to bring their money to Lagos.
Re: Lekki Toll Tariff. Don't Be Caught Pant Down. 3rd Jan 2011 by seanet02: 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2010
Up FASH, he is still the best
Re: Lekki Toll Tariff. Don't Be Caught Pant Down. 3rd Jan 2011 by 9ja4eva: 7:06pm On Dec 22, 2010
I don't oppose this but why is it the Lekki Axis only.

(1) (Reply)

Plans To Impeach New Osun State Governor . / Pdp: The End Of An Era? / More Lies From The Gej Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.