Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! (7560 Views)

Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here / Is Kissing And Hugging Sinful In Christian Courtship? / Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by uchemanga(m): 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2010
@sweetnecter,
If you really understand your argument, then you should be practicing Judaism and not Islam.
For the sake of compassion, let me clear you.
Your argument was the same confussion with the Jews when Jesus said "I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God." (John 10:30-33).
When the Jews confronted Jesus on why He called Himself God, this was His answer "Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions." (Matthew 22:42-46).
If you recognise Jesus from what you said, then you should believe his words.
Jesus is the express image of God "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;" (Hebrews 1:3).
Sweetnecter, I care first for the truth, then any other thing can follow.
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by dapiwinchy: 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2010
we all have spoken our minds, but you all should know that we can not understand all,

but we should put in cognizance that it is when we all live a pleasing life in the sight of God and men: then when we

get to heaven we understand better, (read galatians 5:1- end)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was There When Jehovah Was Buried (Recharge Cards Galore) / The Fire Of Hell: Fact Or Fiction? Conclusion: Fact! / Idols – What Are They?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.