Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! (7561 Views)

Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here / Is Kissing And Hugging Sinful In Christian Courtship? / Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by Godchaser(m): 5:02am On Dec 24, 2010
Courtship is a sin IF & ONLY IF they couple eat d forbidden fruit!
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by MrCork3: 8:38am On Dec 24, 2010
Poster, so are u sayin eatin punnny is a sin? undecided
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by orgasm(m): 10:20am On Dec 24, 2010
where was it written in the scripture dat u should eat Eba/Amala/p.yam? Where was it stated u shd b putting on jeans and driving cars? was it scripturally stated dat u should fly planes,use phones and computers? Is nairaland in d scripture?so y are u here? You n ur likes r just giving christianity a bad face. If u dnt understand d Bible stop talking about it let alone debate. The Bible says it takes the Grace of God to understand the words of God. So dats what u need
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by UyiIredia(m): 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2010
ode undecided
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 24, 2010
@Orgasm,thanx 4 berating me but I tink U talkd without d wisdom of God, Go studx ur Bible & change ur naughty name!
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by seyibrown(f): 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2010
@galek

It is scary how seriously you take this untruth as truth. It is impossible to be xtian, read the Bible, and come out to proclaim that 'taking time to know your partner before you get married to him/her' is a sin! It is ridiculous and embarassing! I would easily understand if a non-xtian came out with such a declaration. It is not xtianly to go out and put a sack over the next woman you see and forcefully make her your wife!

THANK GOD FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT WHO WE CAN ASK FOR CLARIFICATION WHEN FALSE PROPHETS/TEACHERS PROCLAIM ERRORS AS TRUTH!

I am sorry, galek, but I think this is how false prophets start out! Don't make yourself game and satellite office for the Devil!
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by deadie(m): 4:49pm On Dec 24, 2010
You gotta love Nigeria and how deep people are into this thing called religion. Probably one of the most religious countries is the world, arguable the most corrupt. With religion dictating peoples daily lives, yet not influencing them to have good morality. I never give serious thought about some books that was written centuries ago and purported to be from God. Use your brain and judgement country people.
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54pm On Dec 24, 2010
Didn't you know that:

When Adam stayed out very late for a few nights, Eve became upset.

"You're running around with other women," she charged,

"You're being unreasonable," Adam responded, "You're the only woman on earth."

The quarrel continued until Adam fell asleep, only to be awakened by someone poking him in the chest. It was Eve.

"What do you think you're doing?" Adam demanded.

"Counting your ribs," said Eve.
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:12pm On Dec 24, 2010
What did Adam say to Eve at Christmas?
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by deadie(m): 5:20pm On Dec 24, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Wanna bone? wink
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On Dec 24, 2010
deadie:

Wanna bone? wink

Wrong. Over the bar. cool
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by deadie(m): 5:36pm On Dec 24, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Wrong. Over the bar. cool

It has to be. Let me tell you why. During the (alleged) time of Adam and Eve, there was no Christ, thus no Christmas. They didn't have to work cos all was in the Garden. December is winter, they were probably cold and Adam needed warmt. The most logical question thus can only be "Wanna Bone?" grin grin
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:38pm On Dec 24, 2010
deadie:

It has to be. Let me tell you why. During the (alleged) time of Adam and Eve, there was no Christ, thus no Christmas. They didn't have to work cos all was in the Garden. December is winter, they were probably cold and Adam needed warmt. The most logical question thus can only be "Wanna Bone?" grin grin

Fa, fa, fa, Foul! tongue
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by harmeenart(f): 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2010
@ileke idi:Whats bad about you being a muslimah.Its d best life you can eva have.
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2010
harmeenart:

@ileke idi:Whats bad about you being a muslimah.Its d best life you can eva have.

This is what awaits the prospective muslimahs.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve_JJFF5X-g?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]

Is this what you call the best you can "eva" have?
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by Image123(m): 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2010
Wanna bone ko, wanna mental ni. Very much over the stadium, not just bar.
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:09pm On Dec 24, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

It's Christmas, Eve!
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by honsule(m): 9:55pm On Dec 24, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

It's Christmas, Eve!

Compliments of the season and MERRY XMAS in Adv
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by Sweetnecta: 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2010
@Olaadegbu: « #78 on: Today at 05:52:25 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: harmeenart on Today at 05:40:23 PM

This is what awaits the prospective muslimahs.

<a href="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve_JJFF5X-g?fs=1&hl=en_GB" target="_blank">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve_JJFF5X-g?fs=1&hl=en_GB</a>

Is this what you call the best you can "eva" have?[/Quote]If I imitate, it the man who is sincere that I shall imitate. Did anyone see honesty and makes it to be a lie? What muslims do, if contrary to Islam, its on the muslims. islam stands, alone on the shoulder of Muhammad (AS) who it was completed on.

A man who hits his wife has done wrong, because a gentle hit of a man may be a hard and damaging hit on the woman's body. Allah told Ayuub (AS) to get 100 blades of grass in a bundle and touch his wife with it, in fulfillment of his saying that f he gets better he will wipe her 100 times for being persuasive that Ayuub ask Allah to cure him of a mere 8 years of sickness.

To me, it is the example of "beat her lightly", which is written in Quran, since the granddaddy of Messengers and Prophets (AS), Muhammad (AS) did not beat any wife (RA), even lightly. And we read in Quran's Surah Azhab that they schemed against him. All of these are examples of how to deal in just manners, showing mercy all the way in the hearts of believers. I wonder how substantive the knowledge of a bachelor, and or a eunich on the subject of spousal and or parental matters?

If beating a wife or spousal squabble is a reason to reject any religion, Christianity should have no following. Olaadegbu makes an ASSwego of himself by his thinking, all the time.
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by seyibrown(f): 11:09pm On Dec 24, 2010
[b]So Allah was wrong then to say that men should beat their wives? Is that your point now, since you now say that men who beat their wives (according to Allah's commandments) have done wrong. Just in case you ask me to show you where it says to beat wives in the Quran, here it is:

1. MEN SHOULD BEAT THEIR WIVES; 2. REFUSE TO SLEEP WITH THEM WHEN ANGRY WITH THEM: QURAN 4:34

Sahih International Version
Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

Muhsin Khan Version
Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands), and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their chastity, their husband's property, etc.). As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful), but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great.

Pickthall Version
Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.

Yusuf Ali Version
Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).

Shakir Version
Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

Dr. Ghali Version
Men are the ever upright (managers) (of the affairs) of women for what Allah has graced some of them over (some) others and for what they have expended of their riches. So righteous women are devout, preservers of the Unseen for. And the ones whom you fear their non-compliance, then admonish them and forsake them in their beds, (Literally: a madajic= reeclining) and strike them, (i.e. hit them lightly) yet in case they obey you, then do not seek inequitably any way against them; surely Allah has been Ever-Exalted, Ever-Great.

Only Yusif Ali and DR Ghali adds 'lightly'. Does that mean he knows better than Mohammed or Allah? Because you will be worshipping Yusuf Ali if you agree with beat lightly as opposed to what Mohammed and Allah said! [/b]

NOW PLEASE LET US CONTINUE OUR COURTSHIP THREAD.
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by Sweetnecta: 11:37pm On Dec 24, 2010
Seyibrown: You are smart enough to read my statement about Ayuub (AS) who you call Job. That is beating her lightly. Read it in the Quran. The statement about beating a woman, is similar to the issue of drinking. Before Islam people used to beat their wives. Before Islam people used to marry without a capping number. Before Islam people used to drink alcohol. Each, Allah gave orders upon.

I gave you how Allah allowed the beating of the wife by what He commanded Ayuub to do about his promise.

A husband who wants to beat the wife and mother of their children, who has been described as is mate needs to take a cue or clue from what Ayuub did, since Muhammad (AS) was not recorded beating any of his wife as in hitting her.

You are a yoruba woman and you must have heard "jashon ti won fi noo ijale oonbo wa nooyawo". Pretending and acting blind from the obvious will not help you. I make this statement since the Bible never restrict a man from whooping his wife as he pleases. At least the Quran makes it very clear that beating her lightly as Ayuubb did (Take a look, again).

Your god was born today, so maybe you should ask how a spouse who is more powerful should treat the other when there is a need for beating? My mother never reported that she was beaten by my father ever. And I have seen men in the americas put the light out of a women, ringing the bell so hard that the women needed hospitalization. They call it spousal abuse in the family courts. It sometimes result in the man spending nights in jail or even prison term. And they get divorced because of this.
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:39am On Dec 25, 2010
honsule:

Compliments of the season and MERRY XMAS in Adv

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year in Advance to all who love His appearing the first and second time coming.  See the first Christmas lights below.

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20001211.gif[/img]
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:45am On Dec 25, 2010
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by nnaawiz: 8:39am On Dec 25, 2010
But what was Marry doing with Joseph before she gave birth as a virgin? Remember she was scared that Joseph might not believe her.
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by tunde247: 8:52am On Dec 25, 2010
this is funny
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by larimo(m): 12:10pm On Dec 25, 2010
Question: "What does the Bible say about dating / courting?"

Answer: Although the words “courtship” and “dating” are not found in the Bible, we are given some principles that Christians are to go by during the time before marriage. The first is that we must separate from the world's view on dating because God's way contradicts the world's (2 Peter 2:20). While the world’s view may be to date around as much as we want, the important thing is to discover the character of a person before making any commitment to him or her. We should find out if the person has been born again in the Spirit of Christ (John 3:3-cool and if he or she shares the same desire toward Christ-likeness (Philippians 2:5). The ultimate goal of dating or courting is finding a life partner. The Bible tells us that, as Christians, we should not marry an unbeliever (2 Corinthians 6:14-15) because this would weaken our relationship with Christ and compromise our morals and standards.

When one is in a committed relationship, whether dating or courting, it is important to remember to love the Lord above all else (Matthew 10:37). To say or believe that another person is “everything” or the most important thing in one’s life is idolatry, which is sin (Galatians 5:20; Colossians 3:5). Also, we are not to defile our bodies by having premarital sex (1 Corinthians 6:9, 13; 2 Timothy 2:22). Sexual immorality is a sin not only against God but against our own bodies (1 Corinthians 6:18). It is important to love and honor others as we love ourselves (Romans 12:9-10), and this is certainly true for a courtship or dating relationship. Whether dating or courting, following these biblical principles is the best way to have a secure foundation for a marriage. It is one of the most important decisions we will ever make, because when two people marry, they cleave to one another and become one flesh in a relationship which God intended to be permanent and unbreakable (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5).
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by tojos(m): 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2010
Courtship is not a sin rather it helps in preventing future marital problems with your prospective spouse.

Courtship provides an opportunity for two individuals of the opposite sex to know each other better before taking next step. For example, I desire a partner that posses the following qualities.

Intelligence

Submissive

Tolerance

Cleanliness

Good in Cooking

Good in bed

And if may add, I detest a snoring partner.

To God be the glory after a long search and 3 years of courtship, I 've found the right lady and very soon, we'll both walk to the aisle to make our vows. smiley
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 25, 2010
Well@seyi, I berate U 4 ur comments! Courtship is not the MAIN THING but ENGAGEMENT I guess is what the bible supported!
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by seyibrown(f): 8:00pm On Dec 25, 2010
galek:

Well@seyi, I berate U 4 your comments! Courtship is not the MAIN THING but ENGAGEMENT I guess is what the bible supported!

[b]Is it a wise thing to get ENGAGED to someone you haven't even 'had time to know'(COURTSHIP)? I don't know whether your problem is your inability to understand certain words e.g. Relationship, Friendship, Love, Courtship, Engagement, and Marriage. Do you just put an engagement ring on the finger of the next woman that walks past you without finding out anything about her, her family, past, faith, ambitions etc? I only fear that your misunderstanding, misinterpretation and proclamation of error may lead to heresy in your life. The kind of things that make some 'Pastors' think it is right to have sexual relations with church members or burn them to death for some reason that cannpt be found in Christ! Your erroneous teaching has the potential of damaging the lives of people who take your advice for example if they end up marrying someone they did not court and the marriage does not work due to incompatibilities that could easily have been dealt with before marriage by them not going forward to get ENGAGED!

You berate me for pointing out the risks of you as a Xtian preaching error? The feeling is sort of mutual because I just wanna put some sellotape over your mouth for a few decades for the sake of undiscerning and immature xtian lives that you intend to ruin![/b]
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by aletheia(m): 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2010
galek:

Well@seyi, I berate U 4 your comments! Courtship is not the MAIN THING but ENGAGEMENT I guess is what the bible supported!

Courtship. . .Engagement. So engagement is okay but courtship is not, you self-righteous Pharisee. Show us the word engagement in the Bible. By your interpretation you are sinning by engagement, because I cannot find the word engagement anywhere in my Bible.

You are probably one of those that see engagement as a license to indulge in pre-marital sex. angry
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by uchemanga(m): 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2010
@sweetnecter,
So You recognize your IQ deficiency and choose to brandish it to the extentent of persuading men to join you?
Well, if you will be sincere enough, the same Jesus that saved me, 'saved' my IQ, is present and willing to save you and save your IQ too.
Re: Courtship Is Not Scriptural;its A Sin! by Sweetnecta: 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2010
^^^^^^^ My statement is of the type that shows no arrogance. In reality, since you didnt get it, the joke is really on you. I will not argue with ignorance, the reason that I simply let you have your piece said. A man who took human as his Creator has no foundation to stand on. It means that he has no brain, and without a brain how can IQ be measured?

I have a God that Jesus called his God. I and Jesus stand in reverence and acknowledgment of the same God. Why will I be arguing with you when you take a human being as God? If you dont know that it is wrong, and you are arrogant about such a folly when told, the best I could do is to prevent you from leading others to the same error. Your ways is mixing human and ghost with God. It is my duty to prevent others accepting it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are Your Plans For Easter? / A Spiritual Profile Of Chioma Oluchi Anasoh - A Former Mistress And Aid Of Fani / I Was There When Jehovah Was Buried (Recharge Cards Galore)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.