Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,520 members, 7,954,973 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:28 PM

The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study (2348 Views)

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / The Changing Changer: A PMB Supporter's Opinions On 2014 Nyanya Vs Today (pix) / Biography Of Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by Ajengogo(m): 8:45am On Dec 23, 2010
Folks check out this picture of the two extremes of Ojukwu's life - when he was young and vibrant and now that he is old and almost shattered. This really confirms the saying: "the world is vanity"

Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 23, 2010
The teeth na wa o.

So explain the picture. . . . details details.
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by justise: 8:52am On Dec 23, 2010
^^^

Would you have dated the younger Ojukwu?
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 23, 2010
LOL Why do you like trouble like this? grin

Let's focus on the thread and do away with God forbidden things.
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by chic2pimp(m): 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2010
Hehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by aljharem11(m): 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2010
@ op

this is what they call vanity my brother

what are we all fighting for , vanity cry
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by bkbabe97y(m): 11:36pm On Dec 23, 2010
And these dudes dare to say OBJ looks like a gorilla?!?! lol

Whats the difference between this Ojukwu-monkey-thing and Mighty Joe Young?! undecided
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by chyz(m): 11:38pm On Dec 23, 2010
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by invisible2(m): 11:45pm On Dec 23, 2010
A true hero, a legend till eternity. You will continue to inspire fear even when you are sick. One akpana nwa agu aka n' odu, ma odi ndu, ma onwuru anwu. (Never touch the tail of a tiger's offspring, whether it is dead or alive!)
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by Obiagu1(m): 12:00am On Dec 24, 2010
invisible!:

A true hero, a legend till eternity. You will continue to inspire fear even when you are sick. Onye akpana (nwa) agu aka n' odu, ma odi ndu, ma onwuru anwu. (Never touch the tail of a tiger's offspring leopard, whether it is dead or alive!)
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by isalegan2: 2:42am On Dec 24, 2010
chyz:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhbJs26SjNw[/flash]

Interesting video clip.  In the beginning, before the interview formally began, he's speaking Yoruba. 

I'm not sure about this thread.  lipsrsealed
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by ikennahill: 2:42am On Dec 24, 2010
When u hear d name ojukwu,u must tremble.d first university graduate 2 ent 9ja army,d son of d richest man then yet he joined army as a recruit b4 he became properly placed.ojukwu saved d ibos,otherwise d plan of north is to wipe ibos out.d man 2much.do u kw dat biafran currency waz water proofed.d radi6 just a range rover car,plane land in uli airport wtout light yet no plane crash seen.ojukwu is d ibos fidel castro.
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by Metalgoong(m): 3:02am On Dec 24, 2010
@poster

What I'm seeing in that picture is a man well blessed by the almighty God. A man who has grown from young to old, while many of us are not even sure of seeing tomorrow, talk more of attaining the age of 77.
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by PhysicsQED(m): 4:46am On Dec 24, 2010
isale_gan2:

Interesting video clip.  In the beginning, before the interview formally began, he's speaking Yoruba. 

I'm not sure about this thread.  lipsrsealed

The man whose hand he was holding and who he was speaking to is a Yoruba man.

As for this thread, I also don't understand what the OP was trying to get across.
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by Nobody: 5:11am On Dec 24, 2010
see as yoruba sweet for im mouth.

eyah, he mentioned sth about not imposing on the ndi-igbo after biafra, but yet the ndi-igbos are still crying marginalization. why?
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by OchiAgha2(m): 5:17am On Dec 24, 2010
Ojukwu is truly an intelligent man. As you people can see the ease he had to switching from Yoruba to English and finally Igbo. He has a golden voice of a wise Igbo sage. God keep this man strong, but if it is his time, you will not see a dry face in Igboland. I can assure all of you of that. This man is truly our leader.
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by justise: 6:01am On Dec 24, 2010
When armed confrontation with the federal government was imminent, Ojukwu knew as a military man that the eastern region had absolutely no chance of victory in a conflict with the federal government.  Yet he declared the secession of the eastern region which he governed, in the knowledge that federal troops would invade immediately after the secession.  Although Ojukwu doubtless possessed outstanding leadership and motivational skills which he used admirably to pull his people solidly behind the war effort, it is uncertain exactly how he possibly believed that the eastern region (armed only with a few elderly World War 2 era rifles) could succeed against an enemy armed with limitless mortars, machine guns, tanks, armoured personnel carriers, trucks and air force jets.  One does not have to be a military strategist to see the folly of this decision.

At the time, there was a widely held belief (propagated by Ojukwu and other Biafran leaders) that defeat for Biafra would be met by mass indiscriminate massacres by the federal government.  If Ojukwu believed this, then his escape at the end of the war is deplorable.  After over a million Igbos were killed in the senseless war, Ojukwu fled in the last days of the war when his people were at their lowest ebb, despite repeatedly promising throughout the war that he would never leave his people to the mercy of the federal troops.  If he believed that all his people would be massacred then his flight to a luxurious exile abroad and refusal to stand side by side with them to finish a war he dragged them into, cannot be applauded.  Ojukwu is an iconic leader for his people, but has failed to deliver the aspirations of his people.  The question remains – is Ojukwu a hero or a disastrous strategist?
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by justise: 6:04am On Dec 24, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

see as yoruba sweet for im mouth.

eyah, he mentioned sth about not imposing on the ndi-igbo after biafra, but yet the ndi-igbos are still crying marginalization. why?

After hearing the Yoruba

I now like him a little bit
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by bkbabe97y(m): 7:59am On Dec 24, 2010
Ok lemme get this:

1. The Symposium was about elections in Eastern Nigeria!

2. Eastern Nigeria is overwhelmingly Ibo!

3. The man whose hand Ojukwu held in the beginning of the video (according to NLers- - - - and this hasnt been disputed) is Yoruba!

4. Obviously, the Yoruba man is fighting for Ojukwu's cause and supports it by being one of the main (if not the Main) organizers of the Conference aimed at letting Ojukwu state his case to the world!!!

5. Why do Ibos hate Yorubas again?!
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by isalegan2: 8:01am On Dec 24, 2010
justise:

After hearing the Yoruba

I now like him a little bit

So, you'll hate on him just a little bit less?  If the old man's on his sick bed, it doesn't hurt to show some respect (at least on threads dedicated to wishing him well).  And suspend the vitriol against him and his people for a little while?  Who knows, peace might break out all over this accursed forum Nairaland.  smiley  But, I won't hold my breath.
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by PhysicsQED(m): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Ok lemme get this:

1. The Symposium was about elections in Eastern Nigeria!

2. Eastern Nigeria is overwhelmingly Ibo!

3. The man whose hand Ojukwu held in the beginning of the video (according to NLers- - - - and this hasnt been disputed) is Yoruba!

4. Obviously, the Yoruba man is fighting for Ojukwu's cause and supports it by being one of the main (if not the Main) organizers of the Conference aimed to let Ojukwu state his case to the world!!!

5. Why do Ibos hate Yorubas again?!

Only point. # 2 is correct.

#3 the man whose hand Ojukwu is holding is Bolaji Aluko.
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by bkbabe97y(m): 8:04am On Dec 24, 2010
PhysicsQED:

^^^Are You Ok?^^^

And this Bolaji Aluko is . . . . . Korean?!
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 24, 2010
isale_gan2:

So, you'll hate on him just a little bit less?  If the old man's on his sick bed, it doesn't hurt to show some respect (at least on threads dedicated to wishing him well).  And suspend the vitriol against him and his people for a little while?  Who knows, peace might break out all over this accursed forum Nairaland.  smiley  But, I won't hold my breath.

Respect? These same herds of pigs used the death of an innocent NLer [may his gentle soul RIP] to laugh and crack jokes a few days ago.
How can you respect live if you do not respect the dead? Disgusting ediots.

Anywaz, their God's time is the best.
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by justise: 8:06am On Dec 24, 2010
PhysicsQED:

Bolaji Aluko is Yoruba
bk.babe97y:

^^^Are You Ok?^^^

How did you know that?

Are you actually Yoruba? Just curious
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by justise: 8:07am On Dec 24, 2010
isale_gan2:

Onlytruth: Since the enemies to my survival never take a vacation, why should I?

If this is how they think, why should I relent?
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by PhysicsQED(m): 8:10am On Dec 24, 2010
bk.babe97y:

^^^Are You Ok?^^^

I never said what you said on # 3 was wrong. I was clarifying who he was since you wrote "according to NLers- - - - and this hasnt been disputed)" as if there was possible room for doubt or dispute. If I say exactly who he is, then I (the NLer you referenced) leave no room for dispute or for it to only be seen as my claim as a NLer, as anyone can then check that it is Bolaji Aluko for themselves.

But, anyways, the rest of what you posted was false. Only 2 & 3 were on point, and #3 was what I earlier stated.

(edited)
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by bkbabe97y(m): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2010
justise:

Bolaji Aluko is Yoruba
How did you know that?

Are you actually Yoruba? Just curious

I dont know his name, I dont know his tribe!

Like I stated in my post: Every NLer said he was Yoruba and noone disputed it! How hard is it to put 1+1 together to equal 2?

Notice, I put my post in Chronological order to make sure I understood what was going on. . . . . .

I do things with "Common Sense" thats why I cant stand ignoramu*ses!
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by PhysicsQED(m): 8:14am On Dec 24, 2010
I should have said only 2 & 3 were correct earlier.
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by bkbabe97y(m): 8:16am On Dec 24, 2010
PhysicsQED:

Are you OK? I never said what you said on # 3 was wrong. I was clarifying who he was since you wrote "according to NLers- - - - and this hasnt been disputed)" as if there was possible room for doubt or dispute. If I say exactly who he is, then I (the NLer you referenced) leave no room for dispute or for it to only be seen as my claim as a NLer, as anyone can then check that it is Bolaji Aluko for themselves.

But, anyways, the rest of what you posted was false.

You, my dear, are a mo>ron!

You stated:" ONLY point #2 is correct". What does "ONLY" mean to you?! Are u this du*mb?! Or u were just itching to get into it with me?!

What do you mean "as if there was little room for doubt"?! Are you insane?! Did it occur to you that some of us might not know what language was being spoken or may have NEVER heard about/ever seen this wonderful Bolaij Aluko of yours?

Man, go to bed!
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by justise: 8:20am On Dec 24, 2010
bk.babe97y:

I dont know his name, I dont know his tribe!

L[b]ike I stated in my post: Every NLer said he was Yoruba and noone disputed it! How hard is it to put 1+1 together to equal 2?
[/b]
Notice, I put my post in Chronological order to make sure I understood what was going on. . . . . .

I do things with "Common Sense" thats why I cant stand ignoramu*ses!

That is not enough for you to come to the conclusion that he is Yoruba
People assumed he is Yoruba because he spoke Yoruba

A lot of Non - Yorubas speak Yoruba on a constant basis
He could have been Edo, like Dele Momodu; or even Ibo who had spent a lot of time in Yorubaland

I was just curios about the content of your subsequent post
It gave me the impression that you deduced he is Yoruba from his name, and knowing full well you are not Nigerian, I was a little impressed.Now I am not so impressed grin grin grin grin

Anyways, how is your Gf? MZdarkskin?
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by bkbabe97y(m): 8:26am On Dec 24, 2010
justise:

That is not enough for you to come to the conclusion that he is Yoruba

Really?! Sure, next time I'll remember to request his Certificate of Tribal Affiliation. . . . . .

justise:

People assumed he is Yoruba because he spoke Yoruba

If I See a White Man speaking english with a British Accent, 20 times outta 20 I'll automatically assume he's British!

Left to me I'd have assumed the language being spoke by Ojukwu was Ibo. . . . .

justise:

A lot of Non - Yorubas speak Yoruba on a constant basis
He could have been Edo, like Dele Momodu; or even Ibo who had spent a lot of time in Yorubaland

I'm supposed to do "what" with the info above?!
Re: The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study by PhysicsQED(m): 8:29am On Dec 24, 2010
bk.babe97y:

You, my dear, are a mo>ron!

You stated:" ONLY point #2 is correct". What does "ONLY" mean to you?! Are u this du*mb?! Or u were just itching to get into it with me?!

What do you mean "as if there was little room for doubt"?! Are you insane?! Did it occur to you that some of us might not know what language was being spoken or may have NEVER heard about/ever seen this wonderful Bolaij Aluko of yours?

Man, go to bed!

How long does it take you to read a few sentences? 5 minutes? I already said the omission of #3 was a simple error. But of course you would actually think I was saying #3 in your post was wrong because I made the error of omitting it in my first sentence [i]when I'm the person who initially mentioned that he was a Yoruba man and I'm the one who first stated what you stated in #3 [/i]and even knew exactly who the Yoruba man was. I asserted #3, I wouldn't then assert that you were wrong on #3, unless it was a slip up or I was hellbent on contradicting what I had just claimed.

Anyways, your idiocy on this forum has already been established in numerous threads. Hence the idiotic assumption that that was some symposium on elections in Eastern Nigeria with no evidence for that when a simple google search could have revealed what the conference was about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS : Gunmen Attack Students In FGC Kano / ODUAHGATE:Something Is Fishy About The Chinese #106 Billion Aviation Loan!! / GEJ Is At It Again Oooo...!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.