Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 (10258 Views)

INEC Decentralises PVC Distribution, To Publish Voters Register Jan 13 / If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 / Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13. . .41st Anniversary Of The End Of Biafra War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by aljharem11(m): 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2010
Rhino.5dm:

please can someone give me the reason why the eastern states refuse voting for him or his party when he was contesting for presidency?

I see alot of support and well wishing flying hypocritically here and i never remember him triumph in any election. Or have i missed anything? ?

>>>He is a great man, good man to his people.

some of us igbos are not as daft as this people

Why should even an iediot vote for a coward
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by otokx(m): 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2010
Reality is sometimes quite invisible.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Solowande(m): 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2010
I wish him a speedy recovery. Let us all pray 4 him
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by RichyBlacK(m): 7:27pm On Dec 24, 2010
Rhino.5dm:

please can someone give me the reason why the eastern states refuse voting for him or his party when he was contesting for presidency?

I see alot of support and well wishing flying hypocritically here and i never remember him triumph in any election. Or have i missed anything? ?

>>>He is a great man, good man to his people.

Simple, elections are routinely rigged in Nigeria and the ruling PDP has mastered the art of election rigging. Hence, election results DO NOT reflect any form of reality.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by RichyBlacK(m): 7:29pm On Dec 24, 2010
Aigbofa:

They went to war with some firecracker called Ogbunigwe, as if their objective was to scare away some squirrels. shocked shocked

At least 250,000 Nigerian soldiers were killed in that war. I don't know how firecrackers can be that dangerous.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 24, 2010
RichyBlacK:

At least 250,000 Nigerian soldiers were killed in that war. I don't know how firecrackers can be that dangerous.

So basically Nigerians should be the ones complaining about live lost. no?
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On Dec 24, 2010
In the same atmosphere of rigging Awolowo and SW politicians were able to win their region.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by RichyBlacK(m): 7:47pm On Dec 24, 2010
Donchucky:

I am not part of Biafra, But i think Ojukwu is greater than Even Mandela,Because nobody since i was born has ever stood up to the nonsense in Nigeria Which i know will Break up one Day soon

Correct! Nigeria has become a nation based on forced compromise. Any and everything can be compromised. The real damage is the effect on the rule of law. A nation that could not abide by a simple accord (Aburi Accord) is unlikely to abide by any other accord/rule/law.

1. Simple laws are compromised without regards for the rights of citizens.

2. Accounting standards are compromised to facilitate embezzlement and wholesale treasury looting.

3. Reporting standards are compromised to secure bribes and favors from oil companies.

4. Documentation standards are compromised to defraud legitimate businesses.

5. Policing standards are compromised to aid armed robbers.

6. Security standards are compromised to enable mass murder by marauding bandits, especially in Northern Nigeria.

Nigeria has become a nation where standing up to the authorities have been given a bad name, a country were rebellion against tyranny is frowned upon; where subservience to imbeciles in flowing agbada (or military uniform) is pursued as a career.

We need more Nigerians willing to confront the Nigerian government!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by RichyBlacK(m): 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

So basically Nigerians should be the ones complaining about live lost. no?

Just wanted to point out the fact, commonly ignored by the most ignorant posters on here, that Nigeria suffered heavy losses in that war, nearly 100% were military losses. On the Biafran side, the losses were disproportionately civilian losses due to the inhuman strategy and inhumane tactics of the Nigerian side. In summary, firecrackers do not take down 250,000 soldiers.

dayokanu:

In the same atmosphere of rigging Awolowo and SW politicians were able to win their region.

That was regional politics, a much better era. On the national side things were very different.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by OchiAgha2(m): 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2010
I like to stay away from topics such as these, but I must say something. A day after the end of the war General Gowon in a speech to Northern Leaders stated in Sokoto"Yamiri Yamutu Yakari." {the Igbo are finished) It is a duty for every Igbo to state without equvocation that we survived the war.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 24, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Correct! Nigeria has become a nation based on forced compromise. Any and everything can be compromised. The real damage is the effect on the rule of law. A nation that could not abide by a simple accord (Aburi Accord) is unlikely to abide by any other accord/rule/law.

1. Simple laws are compromised without regards for the rights of citizens.

2. Accounting standards are compromised to facilitate embezzlement and wholesale treasury looting.

3. Reporting standards are compromised to secure bribes and favors from oil companies.

4. Documentation standards are compromised to defraud legitimate businesses.

5. Policing standards are compromised to aid armed robbers.

6. Security standards are compromised to enable mass murder by marauding bandits, especially in Northern Nigeria.

Nigeria has become a nation where standing up to the authorities have been given a bad name, a country were rebellion against tyranny is frowned upon; where subservience to imbeciles in flowing agbada (or military uniform) is pursued as a career.

We need more Nigerians willing to confront the Nigerian government!

And the men in red/black hats. i.e Orji Kalu.

Nearly all politicians are corrupt.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by RichyBlacK(m): 8:08pm On Dec 24, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I'm not trying to make the moot point that Nigerian politicians (e.g. Dimeji Bankole) are generally useless and corrupt, but making a comment on an aspect of the culture that has festered it - the culture of compromise.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2010
RichyBlacK:

I'm not trying to make the moot point that Nigerian politicians (e.g. Dimeji Bankole) are generally useless and corrupt, but making a comment on an aspect of the culture that has festered it - the culture of compromise.

But I [b]am [/b]pointing out the culture that you overlooked. The culture of compromise that has festered the likes of dirty politicians [e.g orji kalu].
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2010
RichyBlacK:

If Nigeria suffered such heavy casualties, why are ibos always whining then? That should even the score. Those 250,000 people were human beings as well weren't they?
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by RichyBlacK(m): 8:20pm On Dec 24, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

But I [b]am [/b]pointing out the culture that you overlooked. The culture of compromise that has festered the likes of dirty politicians [e.g orji kalu].

Can you state the culture that I overlooked?

I agree that politicians (like Dimeji Bankole) are corrupt. Did I overlook that?

Ileke-IdI:

Your statement above merely states the obvious about politicians like (Alao Akala) being corrupt. You gave no analysis of any type of culture that enables corruption.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by RichyBlacK(m): 8:20pm On Dec 24, 2010
Aigbofa:

If Nigeria suffered such heavy casualties, why are ibos always whining then? That should even the score. Those 250,000 people were human beings as well weren't they?

True.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 24, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Can you state the culture that I overlooked?

I agree that politicians (like Orji Kalu) are corrupt. Did I overlook that?

Your statement above merely states the obvious about politicians like (Dora A) being corrupt. You gave no analysis of any type of culture that enables corruption.

No, you did not. Good boy cool
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by RichyBlacK(m): 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

No, you did not. Good boy cool

Good lass. cool
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Good lass. cool

Arent I just cool
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Dec 24, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Just wanted to point out the fact, commonly ignored by the most ignorant posters on here, that Nigeria suffered heavy losses in that war, nearly 100% were military losses. On the Biafran side, the losses were disproportionately civilian losses due to the inhuman strategy and inhumane tactics of the Nigerian side. In summary, firecrackers do not take down 250,000 soldiers.

Quite a number of civilians were killed in the raid on the midwest by the Biafran army. Not to mention air raids in Lagos

That was regional politics, a much better era. On the national side things were very different.

Under the same climate, In 1993 MKO was able to sweep and even Up till 1999, Olu Falae was able to sweep the SW votes
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by MOORCHMOORE(m): 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2010
:PHoly Ghost fire!¡¡. He wan act another Da Grin for us.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by RichyBlacK(m): 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2010
dayokanu:

Quite a number of civilians were killed in the raid on the midwest by the Biafran army. Not to mention air raids in Lagos

Under the same climate, In 1993 MKO was able to sweep and even Up till 1999, Olu Falae was able to sweep the SW votes

I'm not aware of any air raids in Lagos. Please point to *any* reference.

1993 MKO: The culture of compromise sealed the fate of that prospect for MKO and made Ernest Shonekan step in for the man who stepped aside.

1999 Falae: Nothing here either. The culture of compromise ensured that Olusegun Obasanjo became president.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Katsumoto: 9:43pm On Dec 24, 2010
RichyBlacK:

I'm not aware of any air raids in Lagos. Please point to *any* reference.

1993 MKO: The culture of compromise sealed the fate of that prospect for MKO and made Ernest Shonekan step in for the man who stepped aside.

1999 Falae: Nothing here either. The culture of compromise ensured that Olusegun Obasanjo became president.

Mercenaries such as Carl Gustav von Rosen (and other swedes) fighting for Biafra flew missions to Lagos to drop bombs. Also, bombs were exploded in cinemas. There were usually fatal casualities. I will try to find a reference for you later.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by RichyBlacK(m): 9:54pm On Dec 24, 2010
Katsumoto:

Mercenaries such as Carl Gustav von Rosen (and other swedes) fighting for Biafra flew missions to Lagos to drop bombs. Also, bombs were exploded in cinemas. There were usually fatal casualities. I will try to find a reference for you later.

True Carl Gustav von Rosen offered his services to Biafra, however, I'm not aware of any air raids in Lagos.

Waiting for *any* references.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by MrChyz: 9:58pm On Dec 24, 2010
Katsumoto:

Were the bombs dropped and if yes,source pls?
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Ezenwenyi(m): 9:58pm On Dec 24, 2010
The Ikemba Nnewi, Dim  Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Eze Gburugburu is now recieving treatment in united kingdom, God will for sure save him for the igbo race.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Katsumoto: 10:17pm On Dec 24, 2010
RichyBlacK:

True Carl Gustav von Rosen offered his services to Biafra, however, I'm not aware of any air raids in Lagos.

Waiting for *any* references.

Mr.Chyz:

Were the bombs dropped and if yes,source pls?

Yes, bombs were dropped. People living in Lagos at that time will readily confirm this. Also, read below

'Keeping this ancient fleet in the air rapidly overwhelmed the Biafrans.  The initial value of these aircraft was the psychological effect they created in the disorganized early stage of the war.  The bombers made harassing attacks on Lagos and the Northern air fields, creating large scale panic with their erratic bombing with homemade munitions.  The helicopters likewise dampened Federal fervor on the battlefield.  Used primarily for reconnaissance, Federal soldiers soon discovered they were not safe when the Alouettes were in the air due either to aerially supported
artillery or mortar attacks, or homemade bombs dropped from the aircraft.  They quickly learned to seek cover when the helicopters were flying.'

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/1984/SMR.htm
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Onlytruth(m): 10:22pm On Dec 24, 2010
Katsumoto:

Yes, bombs were dropped. People living in Lagos at that time will readily confirm this. Also, read below

Keeping this ancient fleet in the air rapidly overwhelmed the Biafrans. The initial value of these aircraft was the psychological effect they created in the disorganized early stage of the war. The bombers made harassing attacks on Lagos and the Northern air fields, creating large scale panic with their erratic bombing with homemade munitions. The helicopters likewise dampened Federal fervor on the battlefield. Used primarily for reconnaissance, Federal soldiers soon discovered they were not safe when the Alouettes were in the air due either to aerially supported
artillery or mortar attacks, or homemade bombs dropped from the aircraft. They quickly learned to seek cover when the helicopters were flying.

hehehehe! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So, who says we didn't invent things? grin
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2010
Just wondering, is this coming Jan. 13th on a friday?
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by SEFAGO(m): 11:13pm On Dec 24, 2010
Regardless of when you die, you are dead

The living know they shall die but the dead no not. So why care undecided
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by alasibanz: 11:25pm On Dec 24, 2010
Had Ojukwu strucked Ironsi before Murtala, it could have been another story. The northern long grip on power is borne out of one Northern strucking another out. The writing on the wall is clear for him to see based on the effect of Nzeogwu coup. As learned and mighty he is, what he could not do anu mpama Murtala did.

No offence, I thought Igbos elites in the military then were not brave as we had believed. How could they allow a drunk brother Ironsi to be on the hot seat knowing clearly the North are not happy. Ironsi visited Enugu on many occassion before he was murdered. It is very simple coup, buy him a ticket and send him out of the country, the millions lost in the ensued war could have been spared and thus our position today a different.

Whatever be his (Ojukwu) wrongs and rights had been forgiven. A stitch in time saves , Early the better,

Any northerner or south west thinking our position as it is today shall last forever is a complete daft (nwapa). It takes nothing to bring down all structural development in these region which shall stand a test of time before it is rebuilt.

For sure we (Igbo) shall rise. World youngest economy. Awolowo"s 20 pound policy is second to the pogrom still we survived and are very competitive today in Nigeria.

The Igbo nation wish you quick recovery no matter your deeds. Pure Igbo blood flow in him and he must live as the giver of Life willed. Our destiny lies in our hand!!!!!
From, Otuocha.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by dayokanu(m): 1:23am On Dec 25, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Simple, elections are routinely rigged in Nigeria and the ruling PDP has mastered the art of election rigging. Hence, election results DO NOT reflect any form of reality.

You claimed elections were rigged that was why Ojukwu could not win Igbo states, But during the same time, Falae was able to win SW votes?

No one is asking Ojukwu to win the whole country but at least why didnt the SE who love him so much vote for him?

Rigging? but Falae couldnt be rigged out of the SW.

Now you have seen that civilian population were killed in the Mid west and Lagos by Biafran army yet Yorubas and Midwesterners dont cry about it or shouldnt Ojukwu face trial for it in the same light of what many Igbos say about Awolowo?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aregbesola: I Can Never Leave Lagos And Lagos Can Never Leave Me / FG Sets February Deadline For Lagos-ibadan Standard Gauge rail Line / Which Buhari Did Bakare Know? - Oke Umurhohwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.