Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter (50651 Views)

Governor Fayemi Visits Senator Orji Kalu (Photos) / Kayode Fayemi Visits The Homes Of Two Farmers Killed On Their Farms / Bisi Adeleye Fayemi Visits Fayose Ahead Of Next Tuesday's Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by cardoso514: 6:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
Toosure70:
Egbe re , Yoruba yato si awon omo alainiran.
Beeni Yoruba lo lasa at I bibire
Bibire ko Sera loja

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by maolah: 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
The Alaafin of yorubaland, oko gbogbo alaigboran!!!

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by Amdoyin(m): 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
iammo:
who wants to end up like bode Thomas, you think if Sanusi has better jazz like alafin , Ganduje would be making all this mouth he is making
pls brief the history, du not know. What happens to Bode Thomas in the hands of who?
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by spy24(m): 6:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
ipobarethieves:
sad respect .Not like those Jew from East dat kick,drag,slap their Elder/even remof their cap
Wetin Igbo people do una( Yoruba ) self
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by StreetFight: 6:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
grin baba loyal laslas ...don't dare alafin o, fayemi no go dey do pass yourself

He too read the story that Chief Bode Thomas barked like dog to death for embarrassing the Alaafin at the time. So, he knows that the Alaafin is not s king to toy with.
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by iammo(m): 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2020
Amdoyin:
pls brief the history, du not know. What happens to Bode Thomas in the hands of who?

there was a protracted feud between him & Alaafin Adeyemi II, father of the current Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi III.Both Alaafin Adeyemi and Thomas (Bode Thomas was Balogun of Oyo) were members of the Oyo Divisional Council. At a time, the respected ruler was chairman of the council.

Later, Thomas became the chairman when the Oba was still a member. Then his rudeness to the Alaafin led to his mysterious death.

Thomas arrived at a meeting of the council, all the other councillors, except Oba Adeyemi, stood up to welcome him. He rudely told the king “WHY WERE YOU SITTING WHEN I WALKED IN? WHY CANT YOU SHOW ME RESPECT?” Bode was 34 years. The Alaafin was in his 60s.T he Alaafin felt very insulted. he told Bode “SHEY EMI ON GBO MO BAUN? EMI NI ONGBO BI AJA MO BAUN{ IS IT ME YOU ARE BARKING AT LIKE THAT? IS IT ME YOU ARE BARKING LIKE A DOG AT LIKE THAT? KEEP BARKING.”

That was on 22nd November 1953. It was reported that Bode Thomas got home and started barking. He barked and barked and barked all night. Then he died. He died on 23 November 1953. He was Balogun of Oyo. He died without fulfilling his many potentials

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by StreetFight: 7:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
seniormallam:
I will chose a one man mopol like Makinde, Akeredolu or Fayemi for president any day any time unlike Mr anywhere belle face Osinbanjo.........VP is dying silently and he refused to voice out in the name of remaining VP by all means........he should learn from Sanusi, all Sanusi needs to do is to sing praises of Gandollar to avoid dethronement, but he chose to say the truth.

You are showing early signs of chronic madness. Osinbajo is a Professor of Law and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. He achieved all that before politicians called him to help them in the Ministry of Justice. He was never a hungry man like you or a rogue businessman like Makinde.

The Akeredolu you mentioned up there has gone to beg Tinubu severally. Also Fayemi will be Tinubu's boy till he dies.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
Amdoyin:

He was learned, back then most kings were illiterates.He was made the chairman Council of Obas because he was educated.
He came into a meeting, all kings except the Alaafin rose up to greet him as a sign of respect. The Alaafin is amongst other top rated kings don't show public respect to anyone including their parents and he was aware of that. He insisted the Alaafin rose to greet him which he bluntly refused.
Since he knew the king didn't understand English, he started insulting and shouting at him in English.
So the king said in Yoruba language "Am I the person you are barking at? Since you know how to bark, now continue barking endlessly". Truly he barked till the second day to death.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 15, 2020
Simplyleo:

There are places where some "civilised" human beings wake their parents as per kicking of football. undecided

Please where does this happen?

I'm asking for a friend grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by jonadaft: 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
RightChannel:

Like seriously.. Ogun State University OSU is amazing
Keep fooling yourself grin
Ndi OSU

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2020
StreetFight:

You are right. It is now clear that Fayemi is interested in 2023 Presidency, but he is just dreaming because we will not leave our Starboy Prof. Yemi Osinbajo for Fayemi.

Is Osinbajo a politician?
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by Matthew8976: 7:44pm On Mar 15, 2020
see below
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by Roozzaay(m): 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2020
Good of him
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by gotnel: 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2020
Yebosola:

Ase waa

Ejebure awo olugbebe.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by RightChannel: 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2020
Jonathan:

Keep fooling yourself grin
Ndi OSU

Those Ogun State University bah
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by jonadaft: 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
RightChannel:

Those Ogun State University bah
Lol
Flateez won't kee me with mumuness

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by Philthe1st: 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2020
Abeg, someone should enlighten me:
"Iku Baba Yeye" literally means "Death Father Mother"
What does this really mean?
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by RightChannel: 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
Jonathan:

Lol
Flateez won't kee me with mumuness

Come Again.. grin
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
StreetFight:

You are showing early signs of chronic madness. Osinbajo is a Professor of Law and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. He achieved all that before politicians called him to help them in the Ministry of Justice. He was never a hungry man like you or a rogue businessman like Makinde.

The Akeredolu you mentioned up there has gone to beg Tinubu severally. Also Fayemi will be Tinubu's boy till he dies.

What has Osinbajo achieved as VP?
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by Dpaulie(m): 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
Adeyemi 2nd should not forget how Adeyemi 1st was dethroned by Obafemi Awolowo, don’t be carried away because you have omoluabis as governors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by Amdoyin(m): 8:09pm On Mar 15, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

He was learned, back then most kings were illiterates.He was made the chairman Council of Obas because he was educated.
He came into a meeting, all kings except the Alaafin rose up to greet him as a sign of respect. The Alaafin is amongst other top rated kings don't show public respect to anyone including their parents and he was aware of that. He insisted the Alaafin rose to greet him which he bluntly refused.
Since he knew the king didn't understand English, he started insulting and shouting at him in English.
So the king said in Yoruba language "Am I the person you are barking at? Since you know how to bark, now continue barking endlessly". Truly he barked till the second day to death.
waooh! Quite educative. I learnt something. Thanks bro

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by Onlyonebuhari: 8:11pm On Mar 15, 2020
Simplyleo:
Quite impressive.

Respect is a natural gift.

There are places where some "civilised" human beings wake their parents as per kicking of football. undecided

I mean those people who are now more American than the Americans themselves. grin

Wetin ipobians do u na, the blow too much na
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by stickle(m): 8:13pm On Mar 15, 2020
GamalNasser:
You think Yoruba traditional institutions are cosmetic like all those Uthman Dan fodio plastic emir titles ? Try any Nonsense and Alaffin render your Generation useless since you want to learn bad thing from Ganduje
The alafin must have had insight that Fayemi was trying to copy something wrong from Ganduje, hence the letter. Thanks to God that the governor understood the meaning of the letter from the supposedly far away oba.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by stickle(m): 8:16pm On Mar 15, 2020
GeorgeTheCoder:
"It is on this basis that we will advise against any attempt to treat traditional institutions in Yoruba Land with levity and to avoid any attempt of importing any sub-culture of traditional degradation into Yoruba Land
Finally, as fathers, we should like to advise Your Excellency to tread softly any relationship with Traditional Institution in the name of Oduduwa and our other Ancestors in Yoruba Land. Let us employ diplomacy to settle this issue. We have the mechanism of conflict resolution in ways of our ancestors...."

I think Fayemi got the message loud and clear.
The message is actually strong.
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by 7lives: 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
iammo:
who wants to end up like bode Thomas, you think if Sanusi has better jazz like alafin , Ganduje would be making all this mouth he is making

Ori e wa nbe, this is what I keep telling a guy on another thread o.
That ti Sango won ba npa araba, to nfa Iroko ya, bi ti igi nla ko.
Since the days of Oranmiyan, Alafin has always been a deity, you mess with them you die.
Even a woman became an Alafin and transform to a man, her name is Alafin Orompoto, after ascending the throne and the word got out that she is not a man.
The Oyomesi insisted that they must see her unclothedness, or else she'll be dethroned.
She asked for seven days within which she transform to a man, power pass power o.

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by iammo(m): 8:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
7lives:

Ori e wa nbe, this is what I keep telling a guy on another thread o.
That ti Sango won ba npa araba, to nfa Iroko ya, bi ti igi nla ko.
Since the days of Oranmiyan, Alafin has always been a deity, you mess with them you die.
Even a woman became an Alafin and transform to a man, her name is Alafin Orompoto, after ascending the throne and the word got out that she is not a man.
The Oyomesi insisted that they must see her unclothedness, or else she'll be dethroned.
She asked for seven days within which she transform to a man, power pass power o.

It was even Oba Lamidi's father that made Bode bark to death, what makes people think he never inherited the power with the stool of power there are some igba calabash in that Afin oyo that if Alafin opens it on anybody's matter the person is gone.. Ni ile Youruba before a strong king would be initiated, he must "Je oba" a portion of the past king is cooked for him as aseje and the king makers ask him ki ni oun je.. which he must reply moun je oba

Alafin is a diety, and Oyomesi are as powerful as ordinary kings as only them has access to alafin's iyewu chambers

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by nnaeyes6: 8:48pm On Mar 15, 2020
Who noticed Fayemi's hand in the third picture?

Is like

Alaafin: U asked them to write that rubbish abi?
Fayemi: No o. I soon as I saw the letter, I had to suspend my date with my wife to see u. The yeye oba that wrote is suspended as we are talking now.
Alaafin: That yeye Oba doesn't know that Alaafin oti werey? Ogun go kill am there.
Fayemi : Amiiii Jesu. Ose baba. Ma sendi Suspension later, tele tele.
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by Rigidbuildings(m): 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2020
OhBiafra:
Yorubas and bleaching

Who raise you ?
Sense is just far from you

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
Old man dey bleach grin
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by Bimpe29: 9:01pm On Mar 15, 2020
Omoluabi
Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by soullove1881(m): 9:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
Simplyleo:
Quite impressive.

Respect is a natural gift.

I mean those people who are now more American than the Americans themselves. grin

Hahahaha, weird!
Bitter truth!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Visits Alaafin Lamidi Adeyemi After ‘Warning’ Letter by Charly68: 9:14pm On Mar 15, 2020
Thank God he has run to an elder to seek for way out ... It is a curse to ridicule king in Yoruba land unjustifiably .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Attacks Dele Momodu Over His Tweet To Atiku. / The Men Who Battled Rochas Okorocha At The APC Congress In Imo. Photos / Peters Mbah Erects Billboards Asking Enugu Obidients To Vote For Him (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.