Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence (36809 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Why I Jumped Bail, Escaped From Nigeria / Attahiru: Two People Jumped Off Crashing Plane With Parachutes, Disappeared–witn / EFCC Reacts To The Young Man Who Jumped From 7th Floor Of 1004 Estate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by AreaFada2: 8:24am On Mar 16, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

No one can tell him that. You prolly underestimate his obstinacy. This has been his lifetime ambition. He'll rather die trying than not try at all
Every man and his dog knows the guy wants to be president. But MKO's experience should caution everyone though. Kaduna Mafia are just as spiteful and poisonous as they were back then.

I doubt the current group of overambitious cabal will allow a calculating and over-ambitious Southerner become president so soon.

As far as they are concerned Yar'Dua's presidency has still not been completed. That is their thinking.
Unless they can get a more malleable Southerner to agree to a single term.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:25am On Mar 16, 2020
helinues:

Were you not among the rumor monsters?

What rumour?
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Evercurious(f): 8:26am On Mar 16, 2020
StreetFight:
Blogging ex-Senator cum fraudster. This is what El-Rufai has caused. His frind ex-Senator Bruce Lee, the debtor Albino who is owing Union Bank 11 billion naira is currently working as a Consultant with one of the government agencies because he does not want to do Yahoo Yahoo like the bald blogger from Kaduna.

Your belle dey purge you? Or the man defraud you? Abeg go wash your face

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:28am On Mar 16, 2020
maasoap:

Because he's afobaje, he shouldn't aspire for political post, right? May be we need to remind you that he was once a senator, then governor for 8 years. He simply had to wait long enough to have another chance or shot at a higher post, may be the time is now.
Unfortunately, the road is filled with thorns. But the seen and the invisible. I wish him godspeed though.
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by helinues: 8:28am On Mar 16, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

What rumour?

Ask within yourself
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:29am On Mar 16, 2020
helinues:

Ask within yourself
Nothing here. Check ur side
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Yebosola(m): 8:32am On Mar 16, 2020
DenreleDave:

Igba wo Gan ni koko

April/May,but Corona-Virus is the koko for now,there is economic melt down worldwide, Bitcoin is not immune too,divide your allawee into 3, buy now,wait for like a week or 2, and invest all,b sturding it hourly.
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by IMASTEX: 8:34am On Mar 16, 2020
EmekaMD:
Tinubu had to be given ultimatums and literally had to be forced to speak out during the Amoketun saga. He also had to be drugged out before he could mutter any words wen fulanis herdsmen were busy killing people.

But he didn't wait to be called out before making
his his position known on the Oshiomole saga.

Does it mean his personal interest is more important to him than that of his people ?

Only time time will tell.

"Egugun be careful na Express u dey cross" I don warn you
At bolded, that has been & will continue to be the case like all other Nigeria politicians currently. Were it not that, Americans would have been seeking ways to be a Nigeria citizen long ago.
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:36am On Mar 16, 2020
helinues:

Tinubu is far better as an afobaje than be the king itself.

You don't carry an elephant in the head and still be blocking insect hole
grin grin
I wish Tinubu can read dis. Afobaje ko. Afoyeje ni. The only post every big politician worth his salt desires is to be president. When it comes to presidency, the concept of afobaje does not exist. It may exist at states and local level where there's more congruency, but nationally, it's a fable. No one person can make anyone president. Ask OBJ who was the last semblance of such
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Cvesta(m): 8:38am On Mar 16, 2020
Better to watch and keep your cards to yourself rather than reveal it too early and the enemies pounce
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by brenister10: 8:46am On Mar 16, 2020
StreetFight:
Blogging ex-Senator cum fraudster. This is what El-Rufai has caused. His frind ex-Senator Bruce Lee, the debtor Albino who is owing Union Bank 11 billion naira is currently working as a Consultant with one of the government agencies because he does not want to do Yahoo Yahoo like the bald blogger from Kaduna.

And you think you have sense?

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Gandollaar(f): 8:46am On Mar 16, 2020
StreetFight:
Ben Bruce was born with a silver spoon, yet he didn't let that hinder his quest for personal achievements.

When he made his first million, your mum was not even married.

Go and play with your mates my dear.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:48am On Mar 16, 2020
maasoap:

Wrong assumption. Afobajes never contested for elective posts, Tinubu contested for many posts and won. He was first a contestant before becoming afobaje. Though, he hasn't shown any intention but I wouldn't advise him otherwise. Everyone deserves a chance. Some criticised late Gani Fawehinmi too. They thought he was better as an activist than as a president. Nigerians are funny in their own way
Besides, tinubu is a politician. The aim of politics is acquire power not to distribute it. The longest afobaje we've had in Nigeria is saraki snr and even he was obscure nationally and ended up being dusted by his own son. Nigeria is too complex and diverse to have a national afobaje. Even Tinubu understands that. For example, does he speak Hausa?
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Eteka1(m): 8:48am On Mar 16, 2020
Lostz:
I thought his zombies on nairaland cooked up a story that he relationship with osho is strained? that tinubu has already abandoned Osho that is why this predicament befall him?
That is why you shouldn't always believe what you read in the media.
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by ChikezieU(m): 8:50am On Mar 16, 2020
danvon:
But politics in Nigeria is complicated I still don't understand this Oshomole,Sanusi saga
. the race for who becomes Nigeria next President
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:50am On Mar 16, 2020
AreaFada2:

Every man and his dog knows the guy wants to be president. But MKO's experience should caution everyone though. Kaduna Mafia are just as spiteful and poisonous as they were back then.

I doubt the current group of overambitious cabal will allow a calculating and over-ambitious Southerner become president so soon.

As far as they are concerned Yar'Dua's presidency has still not been completed. That is their thinking.
Unless they can get a more malleable Southerner to agree to a single term.
I personally think the north have all their options open. They're not ruling out anything. But Tinubu and Osinbajo are two individuals they are not comfortable with for different reasons. Tinubu for being too strong and Osinbajo for being an appendage of Tinubu. Bottom line is anything Tinubu is a hard sell to them. I suspect they'll even prefer an Amaechi

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Doyin2(m): 8:54am On Mar 16, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Oshiomhole is his lifeline.

With Oshiomhole out, his ambition is dead.

Many times I just wonder the very shallow sense of reasoning exhibited on Nairaland.

So only Oshiomole has the sole power to keep any perceived ambition of Tinubu alive?

Rubbish talk and likes.
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by spirul77: 9:06am On Mar 16, 2020
[quote author=MelesZenawi post=87479339]
The way you people reason sometimes ehn, because you read "news" on Nairaland you will just start thinking you know everything, someone that has never come out to say he wants the presidency, someone that has openly come out to say he isn't interested in the 2023 race, how come he's so desperate to be president? He wanted to be VP but was stopped by saraki and amaechi? How possible it is for a president and VP to fly a Muslim-muslim ticket? Does that make any sense and is it possible to you?
It's understandable oshiomhole is tinubu's loyalist but do you know oshiomhole is more of a buharian than tinubu? If you are a politician would you just fold your arms and watch your loyalist disgraced out of office ?
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Akpuoru: 9:13am On Mar 16, 2020
EmekaMD:
Tinubu had to be given ultimatums and literally had to be forced to speak out during the Amoketun saga. He also had to be drugged out before he could mutter any words wen fulanis herdsmen were busy killing people.

Does it mean his personal interest is more important to him than that of his people ?

Always vocal when it comes to other regions but mute when ours is being messed up by our own people. Can you raise your voice for instance on the governance and state of Abia state? Let's remove the plank in our eye before being so concerned in the one in another fellow. It is not wisdom to move about buying other people's wahala.
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by spirul77: 9:16am On Mar 16, 2020
[quote author=Agboriotejoye post=87481840]
this is the most influential politician currently in Nigeria, he's been in the game for ages, he has seen, he has conquered and also failed in some aspects, he has seasoned advisers he pays, so you think because you read news on Nairaland you know the terrain more than him?
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 16, 2020
[quote author=spirul77 post=87482810][/quote]
Who are you?
Nigeria is a shit hole, dead and buried...
I only said what is obtainable.
I tire for Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Toosure70: 9:35am On Mar 16, 2020
enemyofprogress:
yinmu
your name speaks about you. Alaileko omo kekere.
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Tyriq: 9:39am On Mar 16, 2020
AsomughaChuks05:
You don't have sense. If he puts one of his loyalists as President, he is still the President. He doesn't have to be in that office to run things.
The way he's running things through Osinbajo abi
You ppl give too much power to bat, power he doesn't possess.. Yes he owns Lagos but that's that about it.. E go do una like film tricks wen e sup.. You think after that bullion van video he'd be left off easily? The moment he tries to be smart efcc, icpc, dss, etc will follow him up.. The bullion van was and is his greatest undoing

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Lilcentt(f): 9:48am On Mar 16, 2020
please I need help from someone here today

I have jamb exam tomorrow morning by 7am and I don't have any money with me. please I need just 1k for transport to and fro the exam center. it is not even up to 1k. I will be grateful if some one can help me on here. I will appreciate it

I am a frequent nairaland user. you can check my profile
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by hopexter(m): 9:49am On Mar 16, 2020
EmekaMD:

Na today Egungun dey cross express? undecided
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by chukwuyenumlove: 9:51am On Mar 16, 2020
Tinubu with all his so called boldness...........he is always afraid of Buhari

So his mute nature on issues is basically to hear from Buhari first before he speaks to avoid facing his corrupt acts and petitions everywhere

HE IS A WISE MAN SHA
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by AreaFada2: 10:09am On Mar 16, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I personally think the north have all their options open. They're not ruling out anything. But Tinubu and Osinbajo are two individuals they are not comfortable with for different reasons. Tinubu for being too strong and Osinbajo for being an appendage of Tinubu. Bottom line is anything Tinubu is a hard sell to them. I suspect they'll even prefer an Amaechi

I am not a fan of Tinubu. But he's politically better than most others. Just as centred like the others. But I can see him appointing talented people into his government. Like he did in Lagos. If he will give them a free-hand to use their talent is another question. Ambode saga remains fresh. I think we need someone who is actually hungry for the job. If it will make any difference will remain to be seen. Buhari's hunger was different. An ego trip after being painfully kicked out before. He was there before and did nothing tangible in 20 months. Not even a road map to democracy. He thoroughly burnt his political capital.

Like most parties experience worldwide after a long time in office, people will want change. Even if no idea what change is coming. Like America chose Bush Junior over Al Gore, whose VP period saw Clinton do many good things, an inch away from securing Middle East peace treaty, great respect for American leadership in the world, a decent economy, etc. But familiarity breeds contempt.

Sure, Tinubu felt the pulse of the Nation that they could be sold change after 16 years of PDP. With a leader like GEJ. Someone likely to allow free elections. So they brought Buhari to get Northern votes. Not because anything progressive in him or any competence. Hence they touted integrity. My grandmother has massive integrity. But it doesn't mean she can manage a country like Nigeria without its complexities.

As for Osinbajo. he has a good chance of securing the ticket. I pray God keeps him safe till then. The North won't allow a Northern Christian VP. The North would also be wary of Tinubu plus a Northern Muslim VP. Not to send the wrong message to the South.

Amaechi won't fly in the SW or even SS. SE unlikely too. Against a PDP Northern candidate, the North would back the Northerner to avoid 8 years of Far South rule. The North think long term politically. A pliable Southern Christian president and a meddlesome, manipulative and ambitious Northern Muslim VP will be chosen to checkmate him. In office but not in power/control of government.
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by D1zion: 10:10am On Mar 16, 2020
helinues:
We told them, Oshiomole is a gonner but some people are still doubting.

Good riddance jare............
to bad rubbish
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by kweensheba: 10:28am On Mar 16, 2020
From the substance of what he said 2023 virus is appropriate to describe those who want Oshiomhole out.

But the same virus has infected those who want him to continue as APC Chairman.
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by Front0lane: 10:28am On Mar 16, 2020
Foolish n demented Igbo like you won't refuse to say something foolish at every given opportunity. Did the leadership crisis plaguing APC not start before Amotekun n Coronavirus endemic ?!

EmekaMD:

Herdsmen:

Bros forget Tinubu moves.. thank God na your opinion

Walahi Tinubu don see wetin pass am for Apc... oshiomole has been a very loyal bitch to Tinubu..

The cartel want Tinubu out... even the head of cabal “Mr President.

If you’re close to this northern apc politicians.. you will understand this phrase..”the north are not slaves to yorubas.. most popular among their elite Muslims.

Tinubu’s last night note was a cry of a downing man..he even call those behind oshiomole ordeal as powerful people”
He can’t contend with them.. neither is he being granted that acess to villa as e Dey be b4..

Ask yourself.. why is Tinubu camp so quiet for sometime.. himself left naija for u.k amid corona threats..
2021 is the political year .. and it’s almost here.. so politicians are beginning to manipulate things to suit them..beside none of them really do sen Tinubu..
They’re not yorubas .. so why sen him? His influence begins and end with buhari administration, and we know that the administration is over by half.

In truth.. Tinubu is not who the Yoruba press want us to believe he is, especially in this administration.
He’s people are all noise just to hype and make him look relevant.

Hang around northern apc Muslim politicians, power brokers, apc stake holders and understand, what’s really happening in apc control government.
Re: Shehu Sani: Asiwaju Tinubu Has Jumped Off The Fence by vertueptime: 10:31am On Mar 16, 2020
StreetFight:

Y u de bothered about this man wey no no you sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Precious Chikwendu Throws Shade At FFK Says ‘A Thief Is Never Ashamed’ / Katch Ononuju Rented Protesters For Saraki - Sahara Reporters / Olusegun Mimiko Visits Ibrahim Babangida (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.