Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,149 members, 7,835,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center (32503 Views)

International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos / International Christian Worship Center Uyo Opens Today (photos) / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Celebrates Christmas. See Reactions (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by guy222: 10:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Lol, the devil is a liar
Aethism are against all forms of religion except science
Where as science is also a religion , a belief in action and reactions
So riddle me this
What was before the so called big bang?
no scientist has ever answer or attempt to anwer this question. yet most athiest believe in it. Is this not an height of foolishness.
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by pseudaria: 10:44pm On Mar 16, 2020
Citytrend:
Akwa Ibom the Headquarters of Witches is at it again. If you know you know. Some battles are far bigger than your eyes

I bet you, the dudes fighting him might be under a strange influence. Life is not your mate

Abeg joo, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me

My guy shut up, a state with huge infrastructural deficit and mounting youth unemployment, the govt is busy throwing money away to build a religion with people's taxes. Even Italy does not give money to the Vatican talkless of a backward third world country with a foreign religion forcefully imposed on us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by voltron14: 10:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Lol, the devil is a liar
Aethism are against all forms of religion except science
Where as science is also a religion , a belief in action and reactions
So riddle me this
What was before the so called big bang?

Atheists do not claim to have all the answers but unlike religious people, they are humble enough to seek answers via pragmatic means.

With all the church in Nigeria, none has attempted to cure Coronavirus but once science finds the solution religion would swing its waist to claim the glory.

Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by lastchild: 10:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
harakiri:

Oga,

Please google "atheism" afterwards search for "satanism" and see if there is any correlation BTW the two. You have never been an atheist talk less of knowing the meaning of the word. Look up my opened topics and discussions on nairaland as far back as 10 years ago..

I miss the days when nairaland had super intelligent folks to interact with. All I see now are brain dead marlian indomie generation oyedepo zombified bots.

Jeezzzz.
I red your comment and I saw myself writing 10 years ago, I used to think like you

I didn't say satanism and atheism are the same, atheism is lack of belief in God nor any form of spirituality,

But Satan pioneered it, that's what he's good in, keeping people in his trap of not knowing God
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by voltron14: 10:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
guy222:
no scientist has ever answer or attempt to anwer this question. yet most athiest believe in it. Is this not an height of foolishness.

And who created God?
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by lastchild: 10:49pm On Mar 16, 2020
Farki:

One of the easiest ways to become an atheist is to think critically about religion and not swallow what a man in a suit or a robe tells you by default.
well that's how I became an atheist myself,

And nobody brought me back, my encounters with him did
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Blue3k2: 10:49pm On Mar 16, 2020
Illusioneffect:
Wait oo, is he using government funds to fund the church. If that is the case, it is wrong, but if he is actually raising funds from different people then it's cool nah

It's both actually.

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by LamelNarek: 10:53pm On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

And who created God?
[/s]
shatap
yeroba Muslims are not real yerobas but immigrants from futa jalon that settled in South West
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by LamelNarek: 10:54pm On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

Atheists do not claim to have all the answers but unlike religious people, they are humble enough to seek answers via pragmatic means.

With all the church in Nigeria, none has attempted to cure Coronavirus but once science finds the solution religion would swing its waist to claim the glory.

Nonsense.
[/s]
trash
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by lepasharon(f): 10:58pm On Mar 16, 2020
Zenithpeak:

Were they atheist in Japan?

It's better you think twice before exposing the weaknesses of your atheism.

Was it jesus they believed in?
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by voltron14: 11:00pm On Mar 16, 2020
LamelNarek:
[s][/s]
shatap
yeroba Muslims are not real yerobas but immigrants from futa jalon that settled in South West

Ekuke.
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by LamelNarek: 11:02pm On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

Ekuke.
[/s]
otĂș nne yi
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by virago(f): 11:05pm On Mar 16, 2020
So there's an Atheist Society of Nigeria
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by kingxsamz(m): 11:06pm On Mar 16, 2020
blowjohn:

U see ur life?
What is common between the 2 definitions?
GOD. .
SUPREME BEING.

an activity that someone is extremely enthusiastic about and does regularly

That above , is another definition so stop trying to be smart.

Read the two definitions and stop thinking through your ass.
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by lepasharon(f): 11:08pm On Mar 16, 2020
lastchild:

You were never an atheist

1 Like

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by voltron14: 11:08pm On Mar 16, 2020
rottennaija:

Have you seen a witch or wizard before?

That's how they labelled that little boy a "Witch" in Akwa Ibom until the Danish lady with tattoos all over came to his rescue.

4 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by kingxsamz(m): 11:09pm On Mar 16, 2020
Illusioneffect:
Wait oo, is he using government funds to fund the church. If that is the case, it is wrong, but if he is actually raising funds from different people then it's cool nah

He's using government funds to build churches.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by kingxsamz(m): 11:13pm On Mar 16, 2020
blowjohn:

U see ur life?
What is common between the 2 definitions?
GOD. .
SUPREME BEING.

an activity that someone is extremely enthusiastic about and does regularly

That above , is another definition so stop trying to be smart.

So when I love my job, and I go about it regularly, everyday, it means I'm now part of a religion? cheesy
Take your head out of your ass man.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by LamelNarek: 11:14pm On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

That's how they labelled that little boy a "Witch" in Akwa Ibom until the Danish lady with tattoos all over came to his rescue.
[/s]
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by GermanMelania: 11:15pm On Mar 16, 2020
Blue3k2:

Lol how many people has the state prosecuted for whitchcraft. Are you aware Nigeria has laws criminalizing witchcraft, charms and juju? Those laws are dumb as well for obvious reasons. The governor ahould focus on real issues instead of imaginary enemies?
I wondered abour this when i see effc stating a caught someone with charms. I wonder if it was colonial govt that first introduced it. Do you have any sources or links to the said laws?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by senatepresido: 11:15pm On Mar 16, 2020
Citytrend:
Akwa Ibom the Headquarters of Witches is at it again. If you know you know. Some battles are far bigger than your eyes

I bet you, the dudes fighting him might be under a strange influence. Life is not your mate

Abeg joo, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me
Bro I need a logo for my new company to be printed on complementary card and fliers.
Your contact pls
Mine is 08025608248
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by kingxsamz(m): 11:16pm On Mar 16, 2020
guy222:

No, the height of foolishness is claiming that a man with white beards live in the sky and would throw people into everlasting furnace for not believing in him, without having any physical proof of the existence of this being.
Who's more foolish now? You or those scientists?
Answer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by kingxsamz(m): 11:22pm On Mar 16, 2020
voltron14:

Nonsense.

Their pastors are even taking safety precautions... None have come out to heal anyone with the virus.
At the end, when science ends the virus, they'll claim it's God who's responsible for its extinction, meanwhile religion went into hiding all along.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by kingxsamz(m): 11:24pm On Mar 16, 2020
voltron14:

And who created God?

One of them said God created himself when asked this question.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by kingxsamz(m): 11:26pm On Mar 16, 2020
lastchild:

You were never an atheist.
You were just curious and had to fall on the opinion, and side of the majority.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by kingxsamz(m): 11:30pm On Mar 16, 2020
voltron14:

That's what illogical beliefs does to a society.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Blue3k2: 11:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
GermanMelania:

I wondered abour this when i see effc stating a caught someone with charms. I wonder if it was colonial govt that first introduced it. Do you have any sources or links to the said laws?

The laws are in chapter 20 of the criminal code. I dont remember the history if the law. I made a thread about it a few years ago.

http://www.nigeria-law.org

https://www.nairaland.com/4241386/why-witchcraft-juju-charms-illegal
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by naijaking1: 11:42pm On Mar 16, 2020
Blue3k2:

It would be very interesting to see how the supreme court rules on this matter. What legal argument is there for the government to sponsor your pilgrimage? What's crazier is they subsidize dollars at lower rates for pilgrams. Your trip to Mecca should be your business. If these programs are gone maybe they'll focus on developmental projects.

For the energy you have put on this worship center, everyone knows you're another muslim fanatic doing everything within your power to 'sink the koran in the Atlantic ocean"
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by Blue3k2: 11:55pm On Mar 16, 2020
naijaking1:

For the energy you have put on this worship center, everyone knows you're another muslim fanatic doing everything within your power to 'sink the koran in the Atlantic ocean"

Lol you pathetic religious zealot just ramble like the mumus you are. You have no rebuttal to my arguements. You clowns are mostly concerned with imaginary enemies than real developmental issues.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by naijaking1: 12:02am On Mar 17, 2020
If the so-called Atheist society of Nigeria is not sponsored by the crazy sultan of sokoto, tell us why they are not suing the federal government for wasting major share of our annual budget to send lazy and unworthy muslims who otherwise would never make it to mecca if they lived in another reasonable country apart from Nigeria to hajj every year?
Why has the ASN not sued for sharia law to be stopped in every state in Nigeria
Why has the ASN not sued for wasting billions building worthless mosques?
Why as ASN not sued to rescue small boys been abuse in the name of almajiri, and 8 year old girls been forced to marry their great-great-great gand 80 year old fathers?
Why has ASN never sued muslims blocking roads and traffic every friday all in the name of religion
Want more ?
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by naijaking1: 12:06am On Mar 17, 2020
Blue3k2:

Lol you pathetic religious zealot just ramble like mumus you are. You have no rebuttal to my arguements. You clowns are mostly concerned with imaginary enemies than real developmental issues.

Your adversarial interest is the plan to build a big church has not gone unnoticed in NL buddy.
You leave a thick stinking religious and ethnic trail along your path.
Nothing academic about your efforts, so don't even try.
Re: Atheist Society Of Nigeria Lodges Appeal Against Akwa Ibom Intl Worship center by saajus: 12:15am On Mar 17, 2020
I'm a Christian and I fully support that state funds should not be used for religious activities. What if a traditionalist becomes Governor and starts using state resources to build shrines.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? / Marriage List Of True Vine Power House Ministry, Warri To Intending Couples / Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.