Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths (31604 Views)

PDP Last-minute Deal; Cede Senate Presidency To Southwest, Southeast For SGF / Anthony Sani: Choose Between Biafra & Igbo Presidency: Arewa Group To Southeast / Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by alfredilly: 8:30pm On Mar 16, 2020
Awol1:
If that will prevent Tinubu's mouth odour from desecrating Aso Rock, I'm in.

But pair a northerner with Peter Obi, Okwute Ndi Igbo with agreement he would succeed the northerner.

And it has to be PDP.

APC is a terrorist and cursed party of mauruding herdsmen.

How the punch dealt by notherner on southeast ambition suddenly turned to Igbo- Yoruba war is beyond reasoning, though not far-fetched.

Igbo don't see the north as a threat because, despite there grip on power, they remain the most backward ethnic group. Yoruba they see as educated and sophisticated who does not come across as gutter or well digger. Igbo domineering nature will make them befriend the north to enslave the Yoruba but each time the marriage turn sour, they turn back and blame Yoruba for their misfortune.

If the south east lay hand on presidency, they have one thing in their mind, to torment and marginalize the south west. Yoruba youth should be wise and equip themselves with history. These Ipod has always maintain ill motive romance with the north, from the 60s to 70s and 80s. They even work with military to scuttle Abiola June 12 mandate. Can anyone explain to me why the Igbos are still bitter about Jonathan loss? His government has no Yoruba in key position.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by LegendHer0: 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2020
ityP:

You will be very surprised. South south too wants presidency and giving a southerner the ballot means they'll have to wait for like 16 years to get Presidency again. [b]They will prefer a northerner so they can entertain hopes for 2031. [/b]A northerner would be president come 2023. It's so glaring

I agree with your statement about SS. That’s what we want, a healthy competition.

SS should also present someone in the party primaries if they think they can get the slot. That’s how democracy is wired to function.

@the bolded, Why will they prefer a northerner tho, when a northerner will complete his tenure of 8years by 2023. Why can’t they fight for the slot now that it is feasible rather than waiting another for almost 12 years?

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by ChristineC: 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2020
CSTR2:

Right now, you don't have a choice thanks previous political mistakes.

The only choice you have now is at least enter the mainstream, then build alliances that would ensure your long term interests.
the sooner you realize that's never going to work, the better for you. the best option for a break off of northern hegemony is an alliance of the whole southern Nigeria block. that's a unity that will put the northern political class permanently in their place and then a further separation from a group that have proven countless times that they are unwilling to move forward with the world.

irrespective of the current foolishness of the whole southern Nigeria, they must find a way to align their interests or they can continue taking solace in these contests championed by very broken human beings online.
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by myobjective: 8:32pm On Mar 16, 2020
CSTR2:
Ipob is the reason why a tinubu has a greater chance of becoming president than any Igbo politician right now

From 1999-2014, tinubu cannot dare come out in national politics, when Igbo politicians were talking.

Chest beater united, who were these Igbo politicians between this time?

If you like, pitch your tent with Bokoharam, 2023 the presidency is coming down south.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by LegendHer0: 8:33pm On Mar 16, 2020
PHijo:

Osinbajo will not fly!
He has always lied against Jonathan and disrespected him. Anybody who disrespects Jonathan provokes millions.
Atiku is a much better candidate. As for Kwakwanso, I can't tell. If many know him to be a fundamentalist like Buhari, he stands no chance.

Osibanjo needs more than 30 percent in any zone in the South. He has to win the 3 Southern zones by a landslide and do very well in the middle belt to win.

As for the North west and North east, in the last 20 years, no Southern politician has won elections in their respective regions.

The day the South lost it was the day the South west, with the help of Amaechi worked against Jonathan.

I will advice the South west to forget the presidency in 2023 and support an acceptable candidate from any part of the South instead. That's the only way they can boost their chances in the future.

2023 looks like a race between the Igbo and North in my opinion.

One of both would likely emerge. I feel the North has real chances of retaining power.

Well I respect your opinion. But I have a different theory to the issue of Osinbajo and the success rate of a Yoruba president in 2023.

However no need of too much stories, God will keep us all till 2023 in good health.

Bless you.

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by ityP(m): 8:33pm On Mar 16, 2020
PHijo:

Osinbajo will not fly!
He has always lied against Jonathan and disrespected him. Anybody who disrespects Jonathan provokes millions.
Atiku is a much better candidate. As for Kwakwanso, I can't tell. If many know him to be a fundamentalist like Buhari, he stands no chance.

Osibanjo needs more than 30 percent in any zone in the South. He has to win the 3 Southern zones by a landslide and do very well in the middle belt to win.

As for the North west and North east, in the last 20 years, no Southern politician has won elections in their respective regions.

The day the South lost it was the day the South west, with the help of Amaechi worked against Jonathan.

I will advice the South west to forget the presidency in 2023 and support an acceptable candidate from any part of the South instead. That's the only way they can boost their chances in the future.

2023 looks like a race between the Igbo and North in my opinion.

One of both would likely emerge. I feel the North has real chances of retaining power.

You are deceiving yourself if you think Igbos have a chance at 2023 presidency. They don't even have a 0.000000001% chance sef. In fact, if a northerner picks an Igbo man as v.p, he will lose. 2023 race is clearly a northern race. Don't give urself hope
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by myobjective: 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2020
Correcto:
Honestly Ibos has nothing to lose aligning with the north, you know y? Yorubas hate Ibos more. The best chance for Ibos to get presidency is to first support the north.

The Yorubas hate Igbos more but Igbo are easily killed whenever there is a breakdown in law and order in the north!

Yoruba hate Igbo more, you all gorilla can beat your chest and go away with it, something you can't try in the north.

Yoruba hate you more, while a Yoruba president in the name of Obasanjo positioned and placed Igbos in the key position of his gov't when there more qualified Yoruba.

Keep deceiving yourself and downplaying who your real enemy is.

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by PHijo(m): 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
LegendHer0:

Well I respect your opinion. But I have a different theory to the issue of Osinbajo and the success rate of a Yoruba president in 2023.

However no need of too much stories, God will keep us all till 2023 in good health.

Bless you.

God bless you too! By God's grace we will have a chat on this then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by ityP(m): 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
LegendHer0:

I agree with your statement about SS. That’s what we want, a healthy competition.

SS should also present someone in the party primaries if they think they can get the slot. That’s how democracy is wired to function.

@the bolded, Why will they prefer a northerner tho, when a northerner will complete his tenure of 8years by 2023. Why can’t they fight for the slot now that it is feasible rather than waiting another for almost 12 years?

Well, I don't know about them trying in 2023. Thats their business. I'm just being particular about SS supporting a South westerner when they know doing that would mean waiting forever to get Presidency themselves. If it's to choose between a south westerner or a northerner, SS would go for a northerner for political reasons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by bekpo(m): 8:41pm On Mar 16, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Lol Yoruba people won't like this .

With Oshiomhole out of the way, it is safe to say that Tinubu presidential ambition is dead and buried

Continue yo day dream that Oshiomole is out.

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by gwafaeziokwu: 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2020
CSTR2:

Shut up.

Nnamdi kanu is the reason why inferiors can say with all authority that igbos don't deserve to be president.

How will Nnamdi kanu help your children unborn?
Will it help you get more in the Nigerian plate?

Unless biafra will be created tomorrow, the existence of Kanu is at cross purpose with igbo interests.

I don't know why this is too complicated for some people to see.

Business sense is different from common sense.

Finally they got this one.

He do not understand that Almajiri do not know the meaning of truce. The worst thing you can do to yourself is say please when the Jihadists threaten you. My dear you have signed your death warrant be that.

Now listen nwokem, Nnamdi Kanu is not the reason presidency will not come to the east in 2023.He was still a struggling youth in 1998 during Jos convention when the delegates treated Ekwueme 's candidacy as Biafran Agenda. Presidency was instead handed to Obasanjo on the platter despite the fact that for years Igbos has been building political bridges and structures all over Nigeria.

It is the same reason that Peter Odili was not considered as the running mate to Umaru Yar'Adua by Obasanjo because he made a promise to the generals who gave him power,many of whom participated in the July 1966 coup that triggered the pogrom and consequently civil war. Ijaw president was far "swallowable" than any one of Igbo extraction.

The major sin of Jonathan was that he aligned with Igbos in a way too close for comfort. He break many unwritten rules. For the first time since the end of the civil war an Igbo man in Azubuike Ihejirika was given the key to the Armoury,the engine room of our defence. Then to worsen the matter he lifted the air blockade that was placed on igboland since the civil war by granting Enugu Airport an international status. And many more sins.

If you had to be subservient before being entitled to inheritance in your fathers house then you are not a true born son. In fact you do not belong to that house.True born sons demand their entitlement especially if they did not offend neither man nor God.

Stop crying over what was never lost. The only people that moved on after the civil war were the Igbos. The rest of Nigeria are still under the self imposed cage of fear, guilty consience and uncertainty of what an igbo revenge mission would look like.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by PHijo(m): 8:45pm On Mar 16, 2020
ityP:

You are deceiving yourself if you think Igbos have a chance at 2023 presidency. They don't even have a 0.000000001% chance sef. In fact, if a northerner picks an Igbo man as v.p, he will lose. 2023 race is clearly a northern race. Don't give urself hope

What makes you think a Northerner would fail if he has an Igbo as running mate?

Some of you confuse our stance on Biafra with politics. That we don't want to be part of Biafra doesn't mean we can't support an Igbo candidate. All a Northerner needs to win is two zones from the North and two from the South. An Igbo candidate can give him that.

Any Southerner contesting in 2020 will need all three Southern zones and a few states in the North. I don't see that happening, mostly if the candidate is Yoruba.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by PenSniper: 8:45pm On Mar 16, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Lol Yoruba people won't like this .

With Oshiomhole out of the way, it is safe to say that Tinubu presidential ambition is dead and buried

And who told you the mainstream yoruba gives a damn ab
out Tinubu ?
That crap is OYO.
The north knows they can always twist igbos' brains with ease. You are already falling over heels over a cow brain's trash.
I pity you.

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by ogene007: 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
LegendHer0:

What is Igbo interest? Have you guys even had the audacity to emerge as presidential candidates since 1999?

2023 again, you have been canvassing for North or nobody again and yet you’re taking about interest.
I have taken my time to go through you childish posts and just want to offer you some advice. Igbos don't need the presidency to continue to dominate and out-compete everybody. It is only lazy people who think they need the presidency to survive.

Your going into a meltdown on this issue is not helpful for your health. Your insults have achieved nothing other than increase the hate for your people. The north has played it's card very well here. They understand the Igbo man so well and have pitted the Igbos against the yorubas because they don't intend to give up power come 2023. They know that the SE/SS are not going to vote for the SW for 2023 presidency. You know that too, and this is what has sent you into a meltdown.

Take it easy on yourself because Asians and other foreigners are making billions from this same Nigeria where lazy minds are fighting over presidency. 87% of poor households are in the north despite presidency being with them. This should serve as a good food for thought for everyone.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by blasted12: 8:48pm On Mar 16, 2020
husbandsnatcha:
... Ikwerre born dats wat I am
...ona go hiaram! we ph killed Apc members here remember
And how many did you personally kill yourself?
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by Dreason(m): 8:49pm On Mar 16, 2020
why do they allways talk as if they own nigeria. is yerimi the king maker? they'll be like we will allow power to go to the south. we will allow power to go to the east we will allow power to go to the west.
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by fk002: 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2020
QuotaSystem:

Lol Yerima strikes again.

It is common sense that IPOB is the greatest obstacle to Eastern Presidency. Never has there been a more thoughtless & counterproductive political strategy in African history.

N. B We needn't worry about lobbying SE support, it's almost guaranteed & automatic in their emotional bid to frustrate the West.

If you know... grin

What's your stand on this?
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by myobjective: 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2020
CSTR2:

The north is politically homogeneous to a large extent.
The south is not.

The political realities are different.
If the south was under a single political ideology, then yes, you would have that luxury.

Until the south unifies, then Igbos need to Stay within reality, not emotions.

The core north you mean and that unity is only because or shared religion but that is just 2 out of 6 zones in Nigeria while the middle belt can swing both ways depending on who is contesting.

Politics is a game of interest, the mover and shakers in the political parties will align and realigned to support whoever will best preserve their interest while furthermore keeping the country as one.

If the Igbos play their game well that have a better chance than the core north because they have the south-south as a natural ally and can get the sentiment of not to have lead Nigeria before couple with the fact that the northern minorities and Christian will easily vote a southern Christians due to ongoing Fulani problem.

Supporting another Fulani/core-north will be a psychological setback to the east and this will reinforce the north resolved to keep power perpetually.

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by Kingspin(m): 8:51pm On Mar 16, 2020
ityP:

It's not what I think. But that's what an average Nigeria thinks. You can't blame them
Google the process it can take to born a new country. It not a child play

Is IPOB a political movement? Noooo.

For Nigeria to say Igbos are not ready means Nigeria are the ones that are not yet ready and mature. Was Jonathan ready, No! In fact, if it was those days GEJ slot would count for East.

But mind you even within the state by state politics, there are people/constituencies who have not yet tested or not allow to govern the state.
Either because of political difference or tribal or religious or background history. I mean within States in Nigeria.

That sentiment is largely visible at the national level.

But what happens when you bring everybody on board? It eases tension and brings development and peace closer.

Among the igbos, many may prefer functional federal government then president
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by Urchman200: 8:51pm On Mar 16, 2020
LegendHer0:

Yes you’re right. Every tribe need each other and diplomacy is a tool of politics. The Igbos sometimes don’t believe in diplomacy and they don’t seems to understand no man is an island.

I‘m happy you said Igbo will do what Yoruba did in 2015 by allying with the North. That’s nice, it’s the game of politics. You can support the North if your think your interest will be protected.

Goodluck!
guy is 4 the sake of argument, is south any time any day ,I can't give my vote to a northern man because of sentiment, I am a detribalise man ,I supported apc in 2015 thinking they are going to bring the desired change ,what did we get the same man I worked tirelessly to convince people to support, what did he call a section of country 5%,all we see in his governance is sectional and tribal policies. How I wish minority tribe will pilot the affairs of this nation ,it will reduce this tribal and ethnic supremacy seriously.

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by myobjective: 8:53pm On Mar 16, 2020
ityP:

But seriously, Biafra saga is why no Igbo man would be president of naija in the nearest future. Igbos should just forget about the presidency, they aren't getting it. Yoruba should also not think of 2023. Maybe 2031

The presidency is coming down south anything short of that will leads to possible disintegration of Nigeria.

Northern Nigeria should wait for another 8 years of southern presidency.

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by Tochi3(m): 8:53pm On Mar 16, 2020
SLAP44:

And you rushed in as usual to bleat because your life has no meaning without the SE ? grin

Chaii. cheesy grin
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by Mftivi: 8:54pm On Mar 16, 2020
alfredilly:

How the punch dealt by notherner on southeast ambition suddenly turned to Igbo- Yoruba war is beyond reasoning, though not far-fetched.

Igbo don't see the north as a threat because, despite there grip on power, they remain the most backward ethnic group. Yoruba they see as educated and sophisticated who does not come across as gutter or well digger. Igbo domineering nature will make the befriend the north to ensla e the Yoruba but each time the marriage turn sour, they turn back and blame Yoruba for their misfortune.

If the south east lay hand on presidency, they have one thing in their mind, to torment and marginalize the south west. Yoruba youth should be wise and equip themselves with history. These Ipod has always maintain ill motive romance with the north, from the 60s to 70s and 80s. They even work with military to scuttle Abiola June 12 mandate. Can anyone explain to me why the Igbos are still bitter about Jonathan loss? His government has no Yoruba in key position.
You seem not to understand that Igbos don't have time for such backwardness after all these years of living together with them in Nigeria, no igbo man gives a fuk about marginalizing another tribe because at our core, we are progressive.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by ityP(m): 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2020
Kingspin:
Google the process it can take to born a new country. It not a child play

Is IPOB a political movement? Noooo.

For Nigeria to say Igbos are not ready means Nigeria are the ones that are not yet ready and mature.

Even within the state by state politics, there are people/constituencies who have not yet tested or not allow to govern a state.
Either because of political difference or tribal or religious or background history. I mean within States in Nigeria.

That sentiment is largely visible at the national level.

But what happens when you bring everybody on board? It eases tension and brings development and peace closer.

Among the igbos, many may prefer functional federal government then president

As I said, the average Nigeria feels the president has such power. But u are right, Igbos really prefer functional fed. govt to Presidency

2 Likes

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by drnoel: 8:57pm On Mar 16, 2020
ijustdey:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/03/16/2023-north-will-lobby-southeast-for-presidency-arewa-youths/

These people do think they are smart. They can continue on their own
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by richie240: 9:00pm On Mar 16, 2020
Excuzeme:

Just imagine!

Northerners dont make agreement on Presidency with anyone!
Just imagine that they did not honor their agreement with Yorubas since 2015, how come do you then expect them to honor any greement with Igbos, who have even more less clout, compared to Yorubas.

Igbos need to understand, and l say this with all honesty, that even if they dont like Nigeria and want Biafra, THE ONLY PATH for an Igbo presidency, lies in an alliance with the South West.
Truth, but will they?
One doesn't build alliance with hatred, does one?

How the Igbos chose to burn the bridge they need to cross this river, while seething with hatred, is beyond human logic!
Baffles me too!
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by LegendHer0: 9:02pm On Mar 16, 2020
Urchman200:
guy is 4 the sake of argument, is south any time any day ,I can't give my vote to a northern man because of sentiment, I am a detribalise man ,I supported apc in 2015 thinking they are going to bring the desired change ,what did we get the same man I worked tirelessly to convince people to support, what did he call a section of country 5%,all we see in his governance is sectional and tribal policies. How I wish minority tribe will pilot the affairs of this nation ,it will reduce this tribal and ethnic supremacy seriously.

Alright understood.
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 16, 2020
ocha88:
The north believes that president is their birth right and they are the one to decide who get power but the truth is Nigeria is disintegrating whether you like it or not . SE is not interested in the power tussles with any region. Shettima And the rest of the politicians from the north should be ashamed of themselves

People saying Nigeria can't divide are only deceiving themselves. It will catch many people unaware especially those northerners. Na small thing go cause am, just dey look.

SAY NO TO ONE NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by chiiraq802(m): 9:04pm On Mar 16, 2020
LegendHer0:

Let me ask you a question and please answer objectively.

Going by the current political terrain in Nigeria:
If APC present Osinbajo
PDP present Kwankwaso/Atiku

Do you think Osinbajo will not get up to 30% vote in the SS?

I'm a southerner, PH to be precise...
but seriously I can't vote for any alahausa man be it in any political party at the expense of osibanjo...
#Ah don tire for northerners , they've got no better plans for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by guychidile: 9:06pm On Mar 16, 2020
hmmm
Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by Yaribanzaonic: 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2020
All this lamentations from Afonja because Tinubu has been given the boot and has japa!!

IGBOs want Biafra!!

Make the current events pain una wella!!!...sophisticated Morons!

richie240:

Truth, but will they?
One doesn't build alliance with hatred, does one?

Baffles me too!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: North Will Lobby Southeast For Presidency – Arewa Youths by LegendHer0: 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2020
ogene007:

I have taken my time to go through you childish posts and just want to offer you some advice. Igbos don't need the presidency to continue to dominate and out-compete everybody. It is only lazy people who think they need the presidency to survive.

Your going into a meltdown on this issue is not helpful for your health. Your insults have achieved nothing other than increase the hate for your people. The north has played it's card very well here. They understand the Igbo man so well and have pitted the Igbos against the yorubas because they don't intend to give up power come 2023. They know that the SE/SS are not going to vote for the SW for 2023 presidency. You know that too, and this is what has sent you into a meltdown.

Take it easy on yourself because Asians and other foreigners are making billions from this same Nigeria where lazy minds are fighting over presidency. 87% of poor households are in the north despite presidency being with them. This should serve as a good food for thought for everyone.

My grouse with you guys is that you always pick on the wrong people to advise. I haven't seen you guys cautioned your kinsmen when they are all around Nairaland dabbling into the Yoruba internal politics.

You guys only offer your advise only when it is an assault against yours. Don't you think it will be a more deserving crusade by first cautioning your people before advising others?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Jakande And Tinubu Didn’t Get Along / Buhari Is The Father Of Corruption - Mark Wosi / 2019: Maiduguri Youths Show Their Voters Cards As They Welcome President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.