Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Ladies Seriously - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Seriously (840 Views)

Ladies, Seriously U Have To Do Away With This Way Of Thinking. Not Cute At All! / Two Ladies Seriously Want To Marry Me, Please Advice Me ! / Re: Ladies Seriously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Seriously by Navi613: 5:18am On Dec 25, 2010
i haven't came across a girl with that right mind, My granny told me once if a gurl wants to spend thousands of dollars for one night wedding she is not going to be a financially responsible wife. now, this aint about spending money but to see if that person has other smart ways to divide the spending.
Is there any lady that would rather save her wedding money then to spend it all.
Re: Ladies Seriously by Dsense(m): 5:28am On Dec 25, 2010
Nigerian girls? . . .They would prefer inviting insalubrious ''Unhealthy pple'' to their wedding cause they know thay haven't gained their appetite for food which they didn't cook in the first place than to invite healthy people . . . . . . Meanwhile they would save their money to buy a Black Berry after the wedding and with time their brain becomes black and black! grin
Re: Ladies Seriously by MrsEve2(f): 5:51am On Dec 25, 2010
When I got married, my husband and I had a nice wedding. We did not spend a lot of money because it only a one day event. We have better things to do with our money that is purchasing home, preparing for our children, and investing in our businesses. There is no way we would spend thousands of dollars just to impress niggas we don't really like or only see once a year.

Then again, not everybody smart.
Re: Ladies Seriously by iyatrustee(f): 6:00am On Dec 25, 2010
I personally did not overspend during mine. Reason being that pple would always compare yours with someone else wedding! Like eve said, its a one day celebration and you would need lots of money in the days and years that follow grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies Seriously by PTBNaija(f): 6:10am On Dec 25, 2010
When I get married, I want to have a nice wedding. It's a one day event, but it also *knocks on wood* only happens once in your life. I'm not having a wedding for other people, it's for myself, and I would want to make it a day I can remember. grin

I (along with most women) will not try to live above my means for that day. Numerical figures are relative, it all depends on how much someone makes. I want to have a great wedding, but I'm not going to jeopardize my future for it.
Re: Ladies Seriously by xgel: 6:31am On Dec 25, 2010
Overspending during wedding just impress other people is not good.It better to spend wisely even if you have all the money in the world.
Re: Ladies Seriously by MrsEve2(f): 6:51am On Dec 25, 2010
Women typically throw weddings to make other women jealous. Let be real. Some women will dress their extremely attractive bride maids with hideous bride maid gowns and made sure they knew that this is their day like the bride maids don't know that.

I went to this one wedding where the guy was a shoe salesman and the bride was a real estate agent. Now both of them are commission based workers meaning that they both get paid when they sell something. Now in this recession, HOUSES ARE NOT BEING BOUGHT at a fast rate and shoes are the last thing people worrying about as well. But, I am sure they are making do.

They spend over 40,000 USD for the wedding which lasts only eight hours! The wedding planner is the family friend and she contacted me as one of the vendor. Information was shared and I was like what the hell?

This happened over two years ago and they are filing for divorce STILL OWING THE WEDDING BILL. I am not saying the wedding bill caused the break up but the guy cheated and she wasn't having it. THE GUY ALSO GOT THE WOMAN PREGNANT.

The point is DO NOT SPEND WHAT YOU WILL PAY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
Re: Ladies Seriously by Woke4all(m): 8:45am On Dec 25, 2010
[b]The desire of every woman is to someday
be called Mrs.

Our culture has made
it in such a way that girls now
believe they are worthless without
marriage.

I see girls go out of their
way just to get a man to take them
to the altar. These days, women no
longer wait for a man to talk about
marriage, they now take it upon
themselves to ask that question;
will you marry me?   

Our people, while accepting the religion
of the white man, also accepted their
way of doing things.

Most of the big society weddings you
see on the pages of newspapers are
now our 9ja babes model of a wedding.

These
days, women push men to the point
that they go broke all in the name of
wedding. You see a man who earns
N200,000 as monthly salary going for
an event center of N5 million, just
because she has to prove a point to her
friends.

They all need a particular make up artist forgetting the fact that they don't worth it.

The latest now is every 9ja babe want their honeymoon outside 9ja so the broke ones even borrow money just to fly over to the states for honeymoon just for the fun of it.

That why many 9ja people go broke,   after their wedding !
[/b]
Re: Ladies Seriously by Rocktation(f): 9:06am On Dec 25, 2010
Poster, are we going to die immediately after spending the money? Life is supposed to go on, remember? Besides you termed it 'wedding money', didn't you? Which means that the sum was kept aside specifically for that purpose.
Re: Ladies Seriously by Woke4all(m): 9:12am On Dec 25, 2010
Rocktation:

Poster, are we going to die immediately after spending the money? Life is supposed to go on, remember? Besides you termed it 'wedding money', didn't you? Which means that the sum was kept aside specifically for that purpose.
To some that money includes some borrowed money too just to meet irrelevant needs grin
Re: Ladies Seriously by Carolece(f): 1:18pm On Dec 25, 2010
If I should get married, it will be just me, my husband to be, the person who has the right to perform the marriage and if a wittness is required, that would be my mother (not his).
Re: Ladies Seriously by Carolece(f): 1:20pm On Dec 25, 2010
. . . moreso, I aint spending alot of money on something that may not work. Call me negative if you will, but marriages dont work these days, its just our luck to get one that does.
Re: Ladies Seriously by Dsense(m): 4:11am On Dec 26, 2010
Carolece:

If I should get married, it will be just me, my husband to be, the person who has the right to perform the marriage and if a wittness is required, that would be my mother (not his).

Guys beware oooo . . . . .Sociopaths are full of everywhere shocked
Re: Ladies Seriously by iice(f): 4:51am On Dec 27, 2010
Me with him on the beach. . .every time grin

(1) (Reply)

He Is Ready 2 Give Me Any Amount But He Hates Seeing Me But Loves His Kids / Do All Afro Women Do This? / The Boy/girl Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.