Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary (10428 Views)

Man Jumps Into Lagos Canal And Drowns / Police Assistant Commissioner Drowns In Lagos Pool While Celebrating Valentine / River Water Level Rises Above Bridge As Man Drowns In Plateau State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by jumobi1(m): 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2010
Why are some of you only saying RIP to the lawyer?
Why is the story shedding little light on the secretary? Oh yea, Cos she is a subordinate
May they rest in peace
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by lucious(f): 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2010
She is a brave woman.May their soul rest in peace.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by kabukabu50(m): 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2010
Another preventable death, the biggest/busiest beach in Nigeria has zero life guards, zero Public Safety officers, zero inflatable life vests and rafts.
Another reason why Nigeria is a huge epic Failure. sad sad sad sad
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by londoner: 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2010
May their souls rest in perfect peace. It is one thing to be in a life threatening situation and another to put yourself on one to save another.

That lady was a rare breed for what she did.

I believe the bible says there can be no greater love then for a man/woman to lay down their life for a friend.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by mecussey(m): 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2010
I call it water not ocean or river. In Water, no one should try to rescue another, except a sailor.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 25, 2010
sad news
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Jeremiahking(m): 6:28pm On Dec 25, 2010
Eeeyyaaa!!!, sorry 2 9ja 4 da loss,maybe had it been they were FISHES or DUCKS dis wouldn't have happened.why d OCEAN and not da POOL,we've gat segments dat are HUMAN friendly, hmmm dis are evitable loses. GOD save us.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by igomen: 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2010
What a waste cry, well sha she was brave, she could not stand by and watch her secretary drown.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Ibomade1: 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2010
So sad cry cry
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by OchiAgha2(m): 6:53pm On Dec 25, 2010
Wow! She sacrificed her life for a subordinate. This woman should be given honor and praise for her selfless act. And RIP to the secretary as well. All preventable death if their were lifeguard on duty.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by tuumush: 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2010
So so sad

As a nation we lost a brilliant human resource. This is not a good time to wonder why she went in to save someone if she wasn't very good at rescue. I don't swim but I have heard one needs a different set of swim skills to save others at see. It could have been anyone though - the natural human instinct of trying to preserve life always kicks in before we evaluate such dangerous situations. There is need to ask of the safety measures provided around our beaches (both private and public).

So so sad.  cry sad
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 25, 2010
Let Nigerians desist from their high level of social illiteracy and lack of sophistication and know that the beach IS NOT FOR SWIMMING! There are swimming pools around Nigeria, na real wa, may her soul rest in peace if she died a christian.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by isalegan2: 8:01pm On Dec 25, 2010
Wow!  That poor brave woman. RIP, both of them.

So many questions: 
It was a party, so was the alcohol flowing?
Was the secretary drunk, to go in the water? 
Could either of them swim?

I'd do just about anything for my fellow man or woman, but jumping in the ocean isn't one of them - even if I could swim.  A drowning person pulls you down with them.  Eko natives are taught from a young age to stay the heck away from the water!  The ocean is angry.   Historically, Eko natives setup their homes far away from the waters edge, well inside the hinterland.  This is why the Europeans had no competition when they started building their ocean-front homes.  Go right ahead and tempt fate, oyinbo.

I can't blame the government for this one.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by violent(m): 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2010
why is the story shedding little light on the secretary?

It's sad anyway
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Eveoeve(f): 9:12pm On Dec 25, 2010
^^^maybe cos she was just a secretary. too bad though cos she was just as human as the madam.

this incidence is really a pity. very painful. may God give their respective families the grace and strength to go thru this trying period.

http://naturekay..com
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by darknouiui: 9:19pm On Dec 25, 2010
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 25, 2010
slap1:

What are you talking about? The lady acted on instincts. It's only a pity she died. She was brave and humble by risking her life for her subordinate. R.I.P.

instincts u say now she's dead. na old woman dey get intincts. these britico sef
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by tunyus(m): 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2010
Troynow:

Let Nigerians desist from their high level of social illiteracy and lack of sophistication and know that the beach IS NOT FOR SWIMMING! There are swimming pools around Nigeria, na real wa, may her soul rest in peace if she died a christian.
u are a big FOOL
So if they did not die as a christian they should not rest in peace.
Dan iska. Onye oshi.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by PhysicsQED(m): 11:07pm On Dec 25, 2010
RIP to both of them.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Olumogun: 11:38pm On Dec 25, 2010
Adieu
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by poweredcom(m): 11:50pm On Dec 25, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin she do drink salt water tire body go tell am
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by 4tune1(m): 11:51pm On Dec 25, 2010
Hmm! Destiny can never be change. May their souls rest in peace.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by favouredjb(f): 12:08am On Dec 26, 2010
i at all i go to any beach i make sure i steer clear from d water cos i knw i cant swim

may she rip
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by kabukabu50(m): 12:38am On Dec 26, 2010
Troynow:

Someone please put a T-shirt on this punk that says "I am a dummy" grin grin grin grin

The ocean is for swimming, retard grin grin grin

Just learn to swim/have lifeguards/lifeboats and have a Merry Motherphucking Christmas, village boy

Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by ladej(m): 4:45am On Dec 26, 2010
slap1:

What are you talking about? The lady acted on instincts. It's only a pity she died. She was brave and humble by risking her life for her subordinate. R.I.P.
fantastic answer bro. merry xmas
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by supereagle(m): 5:51am On Dec 26, 2010
If it is Lagos state Govt that is in-charge of the beaches or whoever is in-charge should see that a life guard support is around or better still a proper trained SAN = Swimmers Association of Nigeria who is well paid is there to rescue a drowning person. The SAN we lost was not trained in the art of swimming.We almost lost one of students in 1992 at Eleko Bar Beach.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 26, 2010
@tunyus please stop behaving like a child. Everyone is entitld to his own opinion. U cant change my beliefs, but ure free to rant. I believe dat anyone who doesnt die a xtian WOULD NOT REST IN PEACE! Thanks 4 understanding.
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Jakumo(m): 7:28am On Dec 26, 2010
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever spotted sharks cruising in the shallows off a Nigerian swimming beach ?

A few years back I visited a beach near Lagos just as some Ghanaian fishermen were unloading juvenile blue sharks, whose fins were cut off for sale to waiting Chinese buyers.   I got to wondering if larger sharks prowl close to the Lagos shoreline every once in a while, to snack on a few tasty beachgoers.

I have heard of "drowning victims" being recovered off Nigerian beaches with huge bites taken out of them, so it occurred to me that those deaths may not have been due to drowning after all.  Any opinions ?

Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Bluhazel: 8:14am On Dec 26, 2010
May their soul rest in peace
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by axeman85(m): 10:53am On Dec 26, 2010
The Management of this Oniru beach has to be queried for this because Oniru is a private beach and they collect gatefee from you before you enter if am correct last time i was there sometime in 2009 we paid =N=1000 each. if they are charging people to enter the beach then its only proper and ethical that they have life guards on standby.

its quite annonying that this sort of thing could have been averted. we all know when we play in the beach and the waves are coming, we all run out so as not to be carried away by the waves. just a shame, due to 1 person excesses, a father and children have been made motherless. RIP
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by Excuzeme: 1:13pm On Dec 26, 2010
I fel sad for her and her Secretary. May their soul RIP.

Having said that, l want to make a few observations, in retrospect.

1. This was a corporate End-of-Year party.
Why do it close to the ocean, knowing that there is zero provision for security?

2. If you take the risk of doing it close to the ocean (as we Nigerians are wont to take), being educated people, should you not at least make provisions for just one life Guard

3. If you dont do the above TWO, as the head of the Chamber, organizer of the party and the one who takes ultimate responsibility for the safety of all the guest (l guess she did take fatal responsibility, needlessly though!), why did she not leave "ENFORCEABLE INSTRUCTION" that no one is allowed to step into the water, for any reason, until they take responsibility for their own safety? (i.e after the official party is over)
This can be enforced by employing a single private security man whose remit will be to look and watch out after ALL STAFF of the Chamber only! Anyone goes near water, turn them back and inform "Madam" if they want to persist.

We take things "too simple" around here and l bet you could not even swim in any public water "elsewhere" in the obodo country without some Life Guard giving you a red card. If this happened over there, the family of the Secretary will be suing for loss & cost, from her Legal Firm, despite she paid the supreme sacrifice, Oyinbo no send!

HOW MUCH PREMIUM DO WE PLACE ON HUMAN LIFE?
Yea, l forgot, another 25lives or so went up in smoke on Christmas Eve, in Jos! So much premium angry angry
Re: San Drowns In Lagos Beach Trying To Rescue Secretary by eherbal(m): 1:31pm On Dec 26, 2010
tragedy couldn't find a better description,especially when it's double.i pray both families be granted strength to bear the loss,amen sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Should Be Adopted In Nigeria? / Lagos, Freedom Park. The History And Her Current State! Indeed Eko Oni Baje! / Nigerian Journalist Suspended From Union For Publishing Fake Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.