Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. (3786 Views)

Buhari Nigeria, ECOWAS And ECCAS To Agree On New Date For Summit On Boko Haram / U.S Government Wants Global Position For GEJ / Nigeria, ECOWAS’ Largest Donor, Continually Outsmarted By Smaller West-african (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by oladijom: 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2010
The US President, Barrack Obama held a telephone conversation with President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria over the crisis in Ivory Coast, commending the role played by Nigeria and the Economic Community of West African States [ECOWAS] in resolving the Ivorian crisis.

SOURCE: http://wazobiapage.com/forum/topics/us-government-applauds-nigeria

Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2010
As in ''Thank you Goodluck for supporting our IMF rigged-in imperialist stooge to carry out our nefarious program of economic hegemony over your continent and its resources.

I do owe you a drink Goodluck. Merry christmas''

Goodluck: ''But Barak, in this same Africa we have Egypt, whose president, Mubarak has been in power for the last 30 years, and blatantly rigged the last election, with the common wisdom being at this time that his son, Gamal Mubarak, is set to succeed him in the next ''elections''. But you are so friendly with Mubarak. In fact the last time you visisted there, you addressed their parliament and even got taken on a tour of the pyramids.

Likewise, you visited Saudi Arabia recently, where you bowed graciously before the unelected maximum sheikh ruler to whom the concept of elections is non-existent and human rights violations a norm. What accounts for your masters' double standards, Barak, since we know you are not the one making the real decisions in your imperialist country?''

Barak: (Brief grunt followed by a click of the phone hanging up)
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by OchiAgha2(m): 7:23pm On Dec 25, 2010
ROSSIKE:

As in ''Thank you Goodluck for suppoorting our IMF rigged-in imperialist stooge to carry out our nefarious program of economic dominance over your continent and its resources.

I owe you a drink Goodluck. Merry christmas''

Goodluck: ''But Barak, in this same Africa we have Egypt, whose president, Mubarak has been in power for the last 30 years, and blatantly rigged the last election, with the common wisdom being at this time that his son, Gamal Mubarak, is set to succeed him in the next ''elections''. But you are so friendly with Mubarak. In fcat the last time you visisted there, you addressed their parliament and even got taken on a tour of the pyramids. What accounts for your masters' double standards, Barak, since we know you are not the one making the real decisions in your imperialist country?''

Barak: (Brief grunt followed by a click of the phone hanging up)

Agreed. People are foolish to think that the West has Africa's best interest in heart. There is no sort of altruism in the West. They will only look out for their own interest. Africa needs to start looking out for its own interest, or it will continue to be exploited. Africa must wake up!
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 25, 2010
Ochi Agha, as it stands now, you know Nigeria is ready to send in troops to fight and die for those imperialist interests?

What's the difference with the days when the whites would come in and lavish money and military weapons on one black community and get them to attack another black community.

Back then incidentally, they also used the ''civilizing mission'' as their raison detre. That's been updated to ''spreading democracy'' today, but the essential driving forces for their intervention remain very much the same - control and exploitation of African resources.
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by saint1983: 7:48pm On Dec 25, 2010
I am ivorian and what I have to say is that people here (around 5 000 000 people) are ready to face nigerian troops now the white people use africans countries to make war in others africans counrty shame for africa Ivory Coast got a problem which can be solve peacefully and the nigerian président got on thing in his head war we will not accept this non sens in our country if the nigerian président does'nt regonize our president Gbagbo we doesn't care beacause ivory coast isn't a nigeria state. Angola is ready to find with Ivory Coast against enemies so if Goodluck is wise he have to keep it down or else the entire ouest africa will be in war
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2010
saint1983:

I am ivorian and what I have to say is that people here (around 5 000 000 people) are ready to face nigerian troops now the white people use africans countries to make war in others africans counrty shame for africa Ivory Coast got a problem which can be solve peacefully and the nigerian président got on thing in his head war we will not accept this non sens in our country if the nigerian président does'nt regonize our president Gbagbo we doesn't care beacause ivory coast isn't a nigeria state. Angola is ready to find with Ivory Coast against enemies so if Goodluck is wise he have to keep it down or else the entire ouest africa will be in war

The white people again? Don't you folks get tired of this stupid line or reasoning? Gbagbo's refusal of the initial election result was condemned by the AFRICAN UNION, but instead you want to point blame on the WHITE MAN? What is with this inferiority complex you keep convincing yourselves is sign of strength?

Why not ask your president to convince the African union which condemns his actions outright? When exactly did Angola promise to fight for Gbagbo's stance?
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by OchiAgha2(m): 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2010
Kobojunkie:

The white people again? Don't you folks get tired of this silly line or reasoning? Gbagbo's refusal of the initial election result was condemned by the AFRICAN UNION, but instead you want to point blame on the WHITE MAN? What is with this inferiority complex you keep convincing yourselves is sign of strength?

Why not ask your president to convince the African union which condemns his actions outright? When exactly did Angola promise to fight for Gbagbo's stance?

You are a fool, and know nothing about the international system that we find ourselves in. I do not say "white people," I say Western governments who continue to interfere with the internal processes of developing nations. This is a common occurrence. In Cote D'ivoire, the French are behind the scenes in their former colonial possession. They really haven't left and they continue to interfere with politics. Houphouët-Boigny was able to stay in power for so long, due to the French propping up his regime. Do not talk about something you do not know anything about. If you do not know much about the subject at hand, just listen and allow people who do comment. Thank you very much.
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Dec 25, 2010
^^^ Na your papa and your mama you dey tag as fool there.
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Dec 25, 2010
saint1983:

The white people again? Don't you folks get tired of this silly line or reasoning? Gbagbo's refusal of the initial election result was condemned by the AFRICAN UNION, but instead you want to point blame on the WHITE MAN? What is with this inferiority complex you keep convincing yourselves is sign of strength?

Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 25, 2010
Kobojunkie said:

Did it ever occur to you that the African Union may wittingly or otherwise, be playing a proxy role in this instance for western interests, since many of its presidents are themselves, fronts for those interests?

Thought not.

Like Ocha Agha said, you have an awful lot to learn about how the world operates.
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2010
ROSSIKE:

Kobojunkie said:

Did it ever occur to you that the African Union may wittingly or otherwise, be playing a proxy role in this instance for western interests, since many of its presidents are themselves, fronts for those interests?

Thought not.

Like Ocha Agha said, you have an awful lot to learn about how the world operates.

If there is anything I have learnt of you, and the many others who think as you do, is that you MANUFACTURE 99% of your theories in such a way as to have them FIT SNUGGLY IN with whatever idea you peddling in the particular minute you offer it up. Again, learn to READ and the approach what you read with your mind OPEN -- I know it is hard but you need to do it at some point.

How can AU suddenly be playing a proxy role when the same AU has been known to make so take un-western moves in the same in years past? This is the same AU that allowed Sudan, Zimbabwe, Kenya etc but NO, it all should not count because suddenly the AU seems to take a stand that the west also happens to take on this particular issue?
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by OchiAgha2(m): 8:25pm On Dec 25, 2010
ROSSIKE:

Kobojunkie said:

Thought not.

No point arguing with her. What I have learned about her is that she argues for the sake of arguing. She adds no substance and the fact that she argues about things she doesn't know it quite amazing. Only a fool would speak about something they know nothing about. She probably can't even speak about the history of the country. I wonder if she even know the name Houphouët-Boigny and how it pertains to the history of Cote D'ivoire.

Neocolonialism is alive in well in Africa, and people need to realize it before it is too late. Multinational corporations are already buying up our mineral resources and our land.
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Dec 25, 2010
ROSSIKE:

Kobojunkie said:

Thought not.

If there is anything I have learnt of you, and the many others who think as you do, is that you MANUFACTURE 99% of your theories in such a way as to have them FIT SNUGGLY IN with whatever idea you peddling in the particular minute you offer it up. Again, learn to READ and the approach what you read with your mind OPEN -- I know it is hard but you need to do it at some point.

How can AU suddenly be playing a proxy role when the same AU has been known to make so take un-western moves in the same in years past? This is the same AU that allowed Sudan, Zimbabwe, Kenya etc but NO, it all should not count because suddenly the AU seems to take a stand that the west also happens to take on this particular issue?

This inferiority complex many have in Africa needs to be dealt with. AU made a decision here and if anyone does not like it, deal with AU. Not again run to inject the WHITEMAN out of some psycho obsession we are unwilling to deal with.
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 25, 2010
Merry christmas Kobo J
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Dec 25, 2010
Merry Christmas to you too . . . . grin
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by MrChyz: 9:04pm On Dec 25, 2010
Africa will never develop until it rejects external parties from entering into its politics.
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by Osama10(m): 9:13pm On Dec 25, 2010
I think the US should mind its own problem.
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by OchiAgha2(m): 9:17pm On Dec 25, 2010
Kobojunkie sure does know how to ruin a thread, arguing for the sake of arguing without understanding the topic that is being discussed. To all those who have an open-mind, let us discuss this topic in great detail. Interference by external parties, remain a problem for most African nations. You would have thought the Wikileaked's documents would provide proof of their interference.
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by MrChyz: 9:20pm On Dec 25, 2010
Does anyone here know how the average Ivory Coast citizen feels about Gbagbo?
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by OchiAgha2(m): 9:25pm On Dec 25, 2010
Mr.Chyz:

Does anyone here know how the average Ivory Coast citizen feels about Gbagbo?

I heard he has wide support in the South. But in the North, they rather support their own. The fact that Gbagbo is a Christian and Quatara is a Muslim from the North is not making the situation any better. They have the same North/South issues like Nigeria as well. I have been to Abidjan, that city is large and beautiful at the same time.
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by aljharem11(m): 9:28pm On Dec 25, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Merry Christmas to you too . . . .  grin

merry Christmas kobo

@ topic

i support kobo here about us to stop blaming white people

but i do not support jonathan sending troops to ivory coast angry angry

why would nigeria of over 250 ethnic group that are not even close to unity talk about invasion,,,,i dey laugh oooo

all ivory coast need to do is to blow up lagos, abuja and port harcount and nijar is over for good

when we do not even have boarder control undecided rebels would just troop in like ants in a honey pot
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by jason123: 9:30pm On Dec 25, 2010
saint1983:

And we would not TOUCH your country! What sort of idi.ots are we going to be if we touch your country.
Fellow Nigerians, let us not develop a resentment for ourselves in Africa! Today may be their turn and 2mrw it may be us!

Ivorians, may peace return to your country! Amen
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by OchiAgha2(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2010
DELETED
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by MrChyz: 9:35pm On Dec 25, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

I heard he has wide support in the South. But in the North, they rather support their own. The fact that Gbagbo is a Christian and Quatara is a Muslim from the North is not making the situation any better. They have the same North/South issues like Nigeria as well. I have been to Abidjan, that city is large and beautiful at the same time.

Who actually wone the elections though? If Gbagbo lost and there is proof than he should leave;however, how would the US stick its nose into a matter so quick?It seems like they are pressuring the guy into leaving instead of letting the people sort the discrepancy out out completely.
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by jason123: 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

alj harem = Jason

Why post at the same time on every thread?  grin When one post on a thread, you will find the other on the thread as well.

You dey craze? Can it not be coincidental? As I said earlier, I am not like you people. Yes, I have multiple username but I am not harem! I cannot even speak hausa undecided. But yes, the coincident is too much undecided
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by jason123: 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

alj harem = Jason

Why post at the same thon every thread?  grin When one post on a thread, you will find the other on the thread as well.

Or do you think I have the time to double comment on a Christmas day? Bruv, its really annoying. You said you are not ezeuche and I believe you why do you not believe me? Do I talk like harem?
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by MrChyz: 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2010
jason123:

You dey craze? Can it not be coincidental? As I said earlier, I am not like you people. Yes, I have multiple username but I am not harem! I cannot even speak hausa undecided. But yes, the coincident is too much undecided

what do you have to say about the topic?
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by jason123: 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2010
Mr.Chyz:

what do you have to say about the topic?

As I said above, I think Nigeria should not send the army. Why cannot continue to fall for the divide and rule trick.how can whites be using Nigeria to recolonise Africa?no! We would and should not stand for it!
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by Musiwa13: 9:55pm On Dec 25, 2010
I am a person who believe in using peaceful mean to solve this problem. look africa is trying to overcome many civil war. return us to another is not smart.

And another issue is nigeria cant afford to fund a civil war in ivory except if the USA state want to pay for it. We used $15 billion and over 10 years funding United nation peace mission. Nigeria got into debt because of this. We dont want to go back to debt. And this is what this means.

If the USA is ready to fund sure military operation, Nigeria may think about it. But Nigeria as a nation, does not have the money right now to fund sure.

I have said before, we can send Pastor kumuyi, bishop Oyedepo or etc to Gbogbo and the other man. To help them resolve it. In africa , the church play major role. Yes Jonathan had not started on the right foot on the issue. But the world should be careful. As african, we do not want another war in Africa.  And we want to resolve this issue peaceful.

And this should be what Jonathan should be looking at and not saying, he want to go and blow them up in Ivory coast. Talk to gbogbo in a friendly way, would resolve this whole issue.

Like I once said before, the issue of where the capital should be is important, if not gbogbo  ,southerner in the army in ivory coast would remove the other man. So the need to make Alassane Ouattara sign paper saying he would not move the capital from abidjan. If he sign, gbogbo would be willing to leave.

The history where the capital should be is not right. Where the former leader move it to his birthplace. Quatara says he would use the north as capital. But here is the issue. No africa leader should wake up and move the country capital to his home town. If Alassane Ouattaraa sign the paper he would not move the capital, you would have peace. even while  yamoussoukro is the capital Gbogbo have been using abidjan.

If Alassane Ouattara move to yamoussoukro, the southerners are going to revolt. even if you remove gbogbo. And gbogbo is using this to to attract many supporters. it is key to know where gbogbo has his strenght .

I believe gbogbo would be willing to leave. If spoken to nice. But this comfortation would not solve it. it would only lead to another civil war.
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by OchiAgha2(m): 9:57pm On Dec 25, 2010
Mr.Chyz:

Who actually wone the elections though? If Gbagbo lost and there is proof than he should leave;however, how would the US stick its nose into a matter so quick?It seems like they are pressuring the guy into leaving instead of letting the people sort the discrepancy out out completely.

To be honest, I think Gbagbo lost the election. However, the people in the South overwhelmingly voted for Gbagbo, while the North voted overwhelmingly for Quatara. The North has a higher population than the South, so that is why Gbagbo lost. What we see here is another legacy of colonialism. This is what happens when you put people into a country that have nothing in common. No shared history nor a language. The fact that many people in south think that many Muslims in that country are foreigners from Burkina Faso doesn't help either.
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by Musiwa13: 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2010
Ochi_Agha
The North has a higher population than the South, so that is why Gbagbo lost.

Where did you get that. Show us satellite pictures. The issue is the United nation envoy may have be tricked. this is africa and anything can happen. so show me satellite pictures.
Re: U.S Government Applauds Nigeria & ECOWAS. by invisible2(m): 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2010
I met a man who claims to have returned from Ivory coast this week, and he told me Gbagbo lost, however that he is right in refusing some votes from the north. He said muslims from Chad, Mali etc flooded in and made up those votes for Qattara. Tricky one there, I dont think America has anything to do with this,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daura President Results On Google / Presidency Issues Statement On Nlc’s Nationwide Strike (full Text) / Kili We Nwachukwu - Throwback Thursday - See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.