Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Never Go Broke.... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Never Go Broke.... (3973 Views)

Bet9ja Virtual Can Make Elon Musk And Dangote Go BROKE / Don't Go Broke While Trying To Impress Everybody,AIRFORCE1 LEARN!!! / A Nairalander Made Me Go Broke And Almost Commit Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Go Broke.... by Bigdre31: 10:43am On Mar 20, 2020
Pardon my long & prolly boring epistle

I feel like am going to explode inside of me if I don't let it out
I had tins going on smooth for me once ,like finishing school @20 , having an Msc b4 I was 24years & also working with an NGO far north ..it was my dream job because I travelled the whole nigeria & even outside the country & the pay also was wonderful ,with plenty risk involved , like I survived d deadly uni of agriculture gujba attack Yobe state by Boko haram imbeciles leaving over a 100innocent people dead & many still missed till date in 2013 , not forgetting the mitchika attack to in Adamawa, twice when coming back from Chad , or countless once in borno state , *lost friends & colleagues too ,

I move on

Every thing seemed ok till November of 2018 , some Of our social workers were abducted around Gwoza ,2 were recorded being beheaded & other taken captive ,a real sad turn around , & by January of 2019 our contract was terminated bring an end to a wonderful 6 years of social & humanitarian service .......

during my Xmas visit back to lagos in 2017 , i met dis wonderful girl , beautiful in & out ,& I have had the best time of friendship with her , we kicked started immediately after we met & tins wer fine fine , she's a medical practisional , not until early this year ,tins went sour ,sold my car , i was jobless , survival has by God's intervention ,our once lovely *ship has been wrecked , i got noting against her tho , she tried various times with little assistance *monetary I wunt deny , she got herself an appartment without my notice , i heard from a friend ,stopped calling & on so so many occasion my friends will call dat she was seen with a guy & dis club or dat hotel ,*don't blame her* saddest part of all , my very good friend I taught turned brother I was squatting with st a hiding key wen ever I wnet out, he once travelled with d house key leaving me stranded and outside for days with his constant attitude , i know for sure I'd bounce back eventually ,hopefully
I got nothing on them , but am Rily Pained , i was late in realizing that , NEVER GO BROKE

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Go Broke.... by technicallyrich(m): 10:58am On Mar 20, 2020
Never go broke.not even for women,but generally.
In life our value is tied to the kind of car you use,house,clothes you wear,family worth etc.
People treat you,with the way you are.
Finally love is overrated and a relic of the pat.
For now you can join. Bmc crew,they pay peanuts but you can manage while searching for something better.
Wish you luck bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Go Broke.... by slan87(m): 10:59am On Mar 20, 2020
Surely, you will raise again. keep the spirit positive & be prayerful, God will see you through
Re: Never Go Broke.... by biobash(m): 11:05am On Mar 20, 2020
OP, you will surely be back better.... Relax your mind start little by little, repackage yourself and you will be successful...

1 Like

Re: Never Go Broke.... by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 20, 2020
I feel you man. I like your courage towards life life people like you will end up be champion. These time you need to learn most people we call friends are not friends

2 Likes

Re: Never Go Broke.... by IamDavids: 11:13am On Mar 20, 2020
Guy you wey survive BokoHaram/Iswap attacks, go bounce back again. Just gotta dig deep inside you and garner that mental strength that kept you going in your ordeals in the North.

You got a good CV i guess, hopefully you get a good job and you can bounce back.

But i got a problem with you. Alk these while you were with the NGO, weren't you saving. And why would you sell your car and go broke.

Did you lavish it on the girl?

Wake up man!

5 Likes

Re: Never Go Broke.... by MrBachelor: 11:24am On Mar 20, 2020
Firstly, your post is too fragmented and makes reading very difficult.

Now, to your matter. What happened to the money you made during your 6 years with the NGO? The answer to that question should be your first lesson.

As for the girl, you probably won her over with money. And since the thing that made you attractive to her is no longer there, the scales have fallen off her eyes and she's moved on. Lesson two, a woman that would love you genuinely is not impressed by money or material things. Sadly, these set of ladies are almost extinct.

As for the attitude of your "friend", read law 13 of the 48 laws of power to help you understand his actions. But truth be told, he's not a real friend.

Now focus on getting back on your feet, that's what makes you "the man".

You're welcome.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Go Broke.... by Bigdre31: 11:36am On Mar 20, 2020
thanks for the cheers , & pardon my typos too,
I did save , but 2016 ,i bought a property (6 plot) wich I used 3 years to complete the payment , i also started a building 4block of 2bed room flats in another location wich is far from completion too , most of my money went there too ,not forgetting I spent so much on my Msc too wich I had to repay over some time ...

5 Likes

Re: Never Go Broke.... by Papertrail11(m): 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
Remain earth strong life is prepping you for some bigger adv.
Re: Never Go Broke.... by iLegendd(m): 1:52pm On Mar 20, 2020
Nice post. It all boils down to the 3 things/skills I preach about all men MUST master or suffer.

1. How to manage women skill
2. How to make money skill
3. How to manage money skill

You only have skill 2, but neglected skill 1 and 3 and that's why you're back.

I pray you master those 3 skills and bounce back. All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Never Go Broke.... by adexpa(m): 2:12pm On Mar 20, 2020
Bigdre31:
I did save , but 2016 ,i bought a property (6 plot) wich I used 3 years to complete the payment , i also started a building 4block of 2bed room flats in another location wich is far from completion too , most of my money went there too ,not forgetting I spent so much on my Msc too wich I had to repay over some time ...

Great achievement there bro.
Lesson to learn;
Don't ever put your monies on liabilities while struggling to reach your permanent site in life, the first thing to look after is either save or invest in something that will always yield returns. We need to always think of loosing our job one day n such thoughts will propel us towards alternatives. This your stories had happened to many people n it is been tough for them to rise or if they manage to rise, they don't make it has suppose again.
God will restore you brother.

1 Like

Re: Never Go Broke.... by SweetCunt97(f): 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2020
Bigdre31:
6 plots and 3 years to complete payment? Na your entire family you dey buy dey build for? When you in money, u simply gotta be smart about yiur investment choices. Think fast.. D job no get security. Eheen so why didn't u sell d 6 plots? I know ur type, going for things beyond ur reach probably to show off

2 Likes

Re: Never Go Broke.... by Bigdre31: 2:56pm On Mar 20, 2020
adexpa:

Great achievement there bro.
Lesson to learn;
Don't ever put your monies on liabilities while struggling to reach your permanent site in life, the first thing to look after is either save or invest in something that will always yield returns. We need to always think of loosing our job one day n such thoughts will propel us towards alternatives. This your stories had happened to many people n it is been tough for them to rise or if they manage to rise, they don't make it has suppose again.
God will restore you brother.

Yea , didn't for once think work would be halted abruptly , thanks for your advice ..
Re: Never Go Broke.... by sexylassie2(f): 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2020
You live on debt, you go broke fast.

You used money you would have save or invest invest in TB to service debt.
Re: Never Go Broke.... by Bigdre31: 3:07pm On Mar 20, 2020
SweetCunt97:
6 plots and 3 years to complete payment? Na your entire family you dey buy dey build for? When you in money, u simply gotta be smart about yiur investment choices. Think fast.. D job no get security. Eheen so why didn't u sell d 6 plots? I know ur type, going for things beyond ur reach probably to show off
[

it was flexible paying that way & the owner was ok with me paying thus , I'd say I was a loner, hardly talked to people about stuff , i would have been enlightened more .. thinking of selling ?? havnt taught about it yet , i have food to eat daily @least .
Re: Never Go Broke.... by Bigdre31: 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
iLegendd:
Nice post. It all boils down to the 3 things/skills I preach about all men MUST master or suffer.

No.3 is really what I need , thanks iLegend, I don dey follow your wahala for since ,
Re: Never Go Broke.... by Bigdre31: 3:13pm On Mar 20, 2020
iLegendd:

#3 is urgently needed , thanks iLegend , Don dey follow your wahala for NL
Re: Never Go Broke.... by Bigdre31: 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
sexylassie2:
You live on debt, you go broke fast.

You used money you would have save or invest invest in TB to service debt.

I taught I invested properly , when funds stops coming in , d once you have saved soon get exhausted , dat was the ish
Re: Never Go Broke.... by sexylassie2(f): 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2020
Bigdre31:

I taught I invested properly , when funds stops coming in , d once you have saved soon get exhausted , dat was the ish

Anyway, its a lesson for you, don't give up, we all fall and bunch back, its life.

Read dad poor dad, it is a good book for financial education.

Avoid forex, crypto, betting, mmm when you bounce back, invest in TB or fixed deposits and also learn to save for raining day.

Goodluck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Never Go Broke.... by Bigdre31: 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2020
sexylassie2:

Anyway, its a lesson for you, don't give up, we all fall and bunch back, its life.

Read dad poor dad, it is a good book for financial education.

Avoid forex, crypto, betting, mmm when you bounce back, invest in TB or fixed deposits and also learn to save for raining day.

Goodluck.

thanks ma'am , duly noted ...
Re: Never Go Broke.... by iLegendd(m): 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
Bigdre31:

No.3 is really what I need , thanks iLegend, I don dey follow your wahala for since ,

Lol.

No be small wahala.
Re: Never Go Broke.... by SweetCunt97(f): 4:22pm On Mar 20, 2020
Bigdre31:
[

it was flexible paying that way & the owner was ok with me paying thus , I'd say I was a loner, hardly talked to people about stuff , i would have been enlightened more .. thinking of selling ?? havnt taught about it yet , i have food to eat daily @least .
Sorry but u need to get back on ur feet. Try applying for another ngo job atleast u got experience.
Re: Never Go Broke.... by MrBachelor: 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2020
Bigdre31:

You didn't invest properly. You invested most of your funds on an asset that does not yield you income on a regular basis. So, in a sense, you have wealth but broke because you lack liquidity. A proper investment would have been putting part of your funds where regular income would be yielded, whilst having a long term asset such as the plots.

Someone above suggested fix deposit. That's also not a good investment option. The return on investment is not worth it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Go Broke.... by NYCnextStop(m): 6:49pm On Mar 20, 2020
MrBachelor:

You didn't invest properly. You invested most of your funds on an asset that does not yield you income on a regular basis. So, in a sense, you have wealth but broke because you lack liquidity. A proper investment would have been putting part of your funds where regular income would be yielded, whilst having a long term asset such as the plots.

Someone above suggested fix deposit. That's also not a good investment option. The return on investment is not worth it.
what are the good investments then?
Re: Never Go Broke.... by CosmicJames(m): 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2020
NYCnextStop:
what are the good investments then?
Invest in Money Market/Capital Market.
The ROI is better than the fixed deposit option
Re: Never Go Broke.... by Bigdre31: 11:45pm On Mar 20, 2020
CosmicJames:
Invest in Money Market/Capital Market. The ROI is better than the fixed deposit option
all dis una big big business English enh , na em dey make person broke sef

1 Like

Re: Never Go Broke.... by Bigdre31: 11:46pm On Mar 20, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Sorry but u need to get back on ur feet. Try applying for another ngo job atleast u got experience.

sure , iv applied more than enough , some they say am over qualified , others am not an indigine of the state , the whole system has been flooded , u know ngr na
Re: Never Go Broke.... by CosmicJames(m): 11:57pm On Mar 20, 2020
Bigdre31:

all dis una big big business English enh , na em dey make person broke sef
Ask and you shall receive.
Google is your friend
Re: Never Go Broke.... by NYCnextStop(m): 8:18am On Mar 21, 2020
CosmicJames:

Invest in Money Market/Capital Market.
The ROI is better than the fixed deposit option
alright bro. Noted

Please how can I invest in money market? Do I need to go to a bank.

Thanks
Re: Never Go Broke.... by sexylassie2(f): 8:23am On Mar 21, 2020
NYCnextStop:
alright bro. Noted

Please how can I invest in money market? Do I need to go to a bank.

Thanks

Tresury bills are part of investment instruments in the money market

If you wanna buy TB go to the bank.

Do fixed deposit, interest rate is good.

Don't transact any deal with nairalanders, many of them are scammers

Any thing you wanna do read about it and practice it on your own.

2 Likes

Re: Never Go Broke.... by NYCnextStop(m): 8:28am On Mar 21, 2020
sexylassie2:

Tresury bills are part of investment instruments in the money market

If you wanna buy TB go to the bank.

Do fixed deposit, interest rate is good.

Don't transact any deal with nairalanders, many of them are scammers

Any thing you wanna do read about it and practice it on your own.
alright ma’am. Noted

I’ll surely check it out

P.S: You sound so calm here compared to the Uber thread. Thanks for your input anyways
Re: Never Go Broke.... by sexylassie2(f): 8:34am On Mar 21, 2020
NYCnextStop:
alright ma’am. Noted

I’ll surely check it out

P.S: You sound so calm here compared to the Uber thread. Thanks for your input anyways

Lol..maybe because many people here are also very aggressive, they expect gentleness from you while they go about being toxic

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, I Were Intimate With My Best Friend's Girlfriend / Why Are Guys So Freaked With Flat Tommy In Ladies?? / 2 People Caught Having Sex In Church Building While Church Service Was Going On!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.