Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,169 members, 7,835,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Intrigues On Delta Rerun/inec Jan 6 Date: Inec To Disenfrenchise Deltans 3 Vote! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Intrigues On Delta Rerun/inec Jan 6 Date: Inec To Disenfrenchise Deltans 3 Vote! (611 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Inec Declares Results / Drama and Intrigues As Ayo Fayose Ran Into Fayemi, Others At A Funeral (Pix) / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Intrigues On Delta Rerun/inec Jan 6 Date: Inec To Disenfrenchise Deltans 3 Vote! by myforumid3: 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2010
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/my-fear-over-delta-re-run-says-ogboru/

The governorship candidate for the Democratic Peoples Party(DPP), Chief Great Ogboru Friday stormed Asaba, Delta State capital for a rally, saying he was not comfortable with INEC’s delay in releasing the voters’ register.

Addressing his supporters at Ogbe-Eke Square which was graced by the former Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly, Mr. Pius Ewherido and host of other dignitaries, Ogboru said he had demanded for the voter’s register from INEC but expressed regret over the response.

According to him, “they said they are working on it. I tried to ask questions why they are working on it; that you have not concluded what they called voter’s register and you have a date for an election. And when I asked more questions they try to tell me that maybe we are afraid of an election.

I am saying how do we play football match without football. They want us to play football and there is no football. They want us to do that there is no voters register. Is it possible and that is why we are using this opportunity also to tell INEC to have a rethink to give us voters register and ten days thereafter they can conduct an election. And whenever that election comes I am sure we are going to vote them out. We are going to say bye bye to Uduaghan”.

Meanwhile, Ogboru seized the opportunity to debunk claim that he was against the building an airport in Asaba, pointing out that he was only quarreling about the huge capital outlay “in an airport that is costing more than a budget of some states for the 2011 fiscal year”.

http://tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/2857-delta-rerun-election-rpn-parades-two-candidates.htm

INEC has fixed Jan 6 as the date for the rerun election, 57days after the nov 9 benin court judgement when INEC is fully aware that many Deltans dont ve their voters card to vote and many ve turned 18 since the last voters exercise was conducted in the country.
What stops the INEC from conducting the election the first saturday(Feb 5th,2011) after the voters reg. exercise? I smell foul play by INEC, PDP and Uduaghan here?
Jega does not know that the whole world is watching,
Deltans must protest this date or else, good governance wud cont . to elude Deltans and Nigeria.
Re: Intrigues On Delta Rerun/inec Jan 6 Date: Inec To Disenfrenchise Deltans 3 Vote! by sochan: 11:47am On Dec 26, 2010
Well said Ogboru. We must question the actions of INEC. As I have often said, what happens in Delta state will define next years general elections. We must start adopting a process that gets things right.

Voters register is not ready, yet elections are due in 2 weeks. What a country. So if there is a problem with the register, does that give INEC enough time to rectify things?

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Primaries: Zoning May Be The Joker, Says New Poll / Man Gets 0 Dollars Compensatn After Wrongfully Spending 14 Years On Death Row. / More Wars On The Way: Ekiti Youths Issue 1week Ultimatum To Education Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.