Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,960 members, 7,848,896 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:42 AM

Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether (3606 Views)

Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe / No More Igbo Language In Opobo Again / Uche Okwukwu: APC To Win More Igbo States Before 2023– Ohanaeze SecretaryGeneral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by Frankdoz8: 8:31pm On Mar 20, 2020
First of all, I must say big congratulations to Igbo and IMO state born Ike Ewema for making it to rank of colonel in US army.
Now I ask, why are more Igbo's making it to american military than our neighboring Nigerian tribe?
Could it be the lack of quota-based system?
Could it be because Igbo's are more travelled than them?
Could it be because Igbo's are more Educated than them?
Yoruba, Hausa and fulani; come in and give your unbiase opinion on this matter.
Igbo amaka

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by Lipscomb(m): 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2020
Tribalism will definitely kill many of you here.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by chatinent: 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2020
Cool.
Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by Nbote(m): 8:36pm On Mar 20, 2020
Jus face more pressing issues like d corona ravaging d world.. Dis ur thread is very petty and unnecessary

8 Likes

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by paramakina202: 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2020
Frankdoz8:
[s]First of all, I must say big congratulations to Igbo and IMO state born Ike Ewema for making it to rank of colonel in US army.
Now I ask, why are more Igbo's making it to american military than our neighboring Nigerian tribe?
Yoruba, Hausa and fulani; come in and give your unbiase opinion on this matt[/s]er.
Igbo amaka

Too many kids in this forum,always making meaningless post.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by LibertyRep: 8:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
Should there be a reason for America to nuke Nigeria, and the decision is for this man above to make, trust me, he might not think twice before pressing the button.

The bottom line is, the Colonel above sees himself as an American now.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by Bethel4Life(f): 8:44pm On Mar 20, 2020
My brother this table ur shaking eh... My hand no dey oo

4 Likes

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by Frankdoz8: 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2020
paramakina202:

Too many kids in this forum,always making meaningless post.
this is the problem with afonja! Always saddened with truth.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by Frankdoz8: 8:46pm On Mar 20, 2020
Bethel4Life:
My brother this table ur shaking eh... My hand no dey oo
my brother, its better we shake the table rather than live in pretence.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by johnmartus(m): 8:47pm On Mar 20, 2020
Good evening brothers/ sisters. My name is Kamsiyochukwu I was born and raised in Isiala Ngwa in Abia state.
Please kindly ignore this Anambra man that trying to cause problem btw our Yoruba brother and igbo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by tooth4tooth: 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2020
OP! The guy in question doesn't even know you exist and doesn't give a damn about you like Obama doesn't give a rat ass about Kenya.

Am sure he's neither from your village nor your family member. You are there falling head over heels for him instead of you to concentrate on your hussle. Or is this what you want to keep on doing for the rest of your life

15 Likes

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by paramakina202: 8:50pm On Mar 20, 2020
Frankdoz8:
this is the problem with afonja! Always saddened with truth.

Enyi mechie onu nsi gi na akogheri akogheri.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by LivingSage: 8:50pm On Mar 20, 2020
It is easier to know when someone just smoke. Anumanu

3 Likes

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by nagastat: 8:52pm On Mar 20, 2020
Typical yamree thread.
Mumu something

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by LivingSage: 8:53pm On Mar 20, 2020
[s]
Frankdoz8:
First of all, I must say big congratulations to Igbo and IMO state born Ike Ewema for making it to rank of colonel in US army.
Igbo amaka
[/s]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by Frankdoz8: 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2020
tooth4tooth:
OP! The guy in question doesn't even know you exist and doesn't give a damn about you like Obama doesn't give a rat ass about Kenya.

Am sure he's neither from your village nor your family member. You are there falling head over heels for him instead of you to concentrate on your hussle. Or is this what you want to keep on doing for the rest of your life
we Igbo's likes to celebrate our Succes unlike the Yoruba Muslims who may want to pull his Yoruba Christian brother down by all means.
Even barrack Obama at one time visited kenya, there he reaffirm and cebrate his African root. So we Igbo's can never act like you guys that naturally hate for no reason.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by LivingSage: 8:55pm On Mar 20, 2020
[s]
Frankdoz8:
we Igbo's likes to celebrate our Succes unlike the Yoruba Muslims who may want to pull his Yoruba Christian brother down by all means.
Even barrack Obama at one time visited kenya, there he reaffirm and cebrate his African root. So we Igbo's can never act like you guys that naturally hate for no reason.
[/s]

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by Herdsmen: 8:55pm On Mar 20, 2020
nagastat:
Typical yamree thread.
Mumu something

Typical Beri Beri

Always engrossed with envy

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by Frankdoz8: 8:56pm On Mar 20, 2020
paramakina202:

Enyi mechie onu nsi gi na akogheri akogheri.
Ezi Ofia, kedu ihe gbasara n' ihe m dere? Zuzuru GI puo ebe a, Ewu!

1 Like

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by Sokosuji: 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2020
Competence over ethnicity.. In Nigeria its the other way around ..and later we start gnashing teeth why the country isn't working.. No security,no healthcare nothing..

For instance one iammo earlier today posited that the part of Nigeria where he came from is very satisfied and impressed with buhari so far.. Now wait for his reasons...

His reasons are not because buhari has defeated insurgency or improved the economy or met with even one of his campaign promises,..but because buhari has so brazenly 'marginalised' the southeast.. He was particularly ecstasic about the exclusion of the southeast from the 28billion dollar loan deal

So these people from this particular region in Nigeria will prefer to vote a known non performer,but with enough hate for southeast than vote in competent hands to move the nation forward..

A pity if u ask me

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by nagastat: 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
Herdsmen:

Typical Beri Beri

Always engrossed with envy

Yamree who is envious?
Who is insecure?
Who plays the victim?

Answer - yamree.
Thus, always trying to show off out of lack of value. Hence the loud and rash tilt of their speeches and writings.

Oddly sensed mofos.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by BeerParlour: 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2020
Same reason the British army have been recruiting majority of their soldiers from four particular ethnic groups in Asia(Gurkha)
Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
johnmartus:
Good evening brothers/ sisters. My name is Kamsiyochukwu I was born and raised in Isiala Ngwa in Abia state.
Please kindly ignore this Anambra man that trying to cause problem btw our Yoruba brother and igbo.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii turantula

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by Frankdoz8: 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2020
imhotep:

Cc lzaa gmbuharii turantula
what kind of English do you expect from ewedu decimated skull, we can only read such to our amusement.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by dignity33: 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
When they are creating tens or hundred thread everyday day against igbo they never thought they are teaching igbo something they never know.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by jrjfjfj: 9:22pm On Mar 20, 2020
Pls what is the moral lesson of this thread
Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by paramakina202: 9:27pm On Mar 20, 2020
Frankdoz8:
Ezi Ofia, kedu ihe gbasara n' ihe m dere? Zuzuru GI puo ebe a, Ewu!

Ezi ulo,Otua ka unu si na akpaghari na ekotara ndi Igbo okwu anyhow,na etu onu na enweghi isi ka onye egbu wara isi.
Echem na ikwuru na abum nwa afonja?Hapu ndi Igbo kwuo maka onwe gi.Onye ka ibu?Aturu nne ya zutara na ahia baby factory.

1 Like

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by egojiokwu(m): 9:29pm On Mar 20, 2020
Frankdoz8:
Igbo amaka

Because they don't apply tribalism and quota system. They use level of competency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2020
Congratulations to him.
I am highly Proud of him.
But wait, U sat down and created such a TOPIC.
For your INFORMATION, he is more of an AMERICAN than IGBO.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2020
dignity33:
When they are creating tens or hundred thread everyday day against igbo they never thought they are teaching igbo something they never know.
grin grin grin grin.
If IGBOS in the US start posting every achievements on social media, Nairaland will be set ablaze.
I know of an IGBO MAN that has more than 15 Gas Stations in Texas State.
But it's not NECESSARY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are More Igbo Making It US Military Than Yoruba And Hausa/fulani Altogether by jrjfjfj: 9:34pm On Mar 20, 2020
EVILFOREST:

grin grin grin grin.
If IGBOS in the US start posting every achievements on social media, Nairaland will be set ablaze.
I know of an IGBO MAN that has more than 15 Gas Stations in Texas State.
But it's not NECESSARY
Which one did u have

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Where Is Osinbanjo / Tinubu ‘s Ambition Lacks God Factor(Photo) / illegal chinese crude oil drilling going on in Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.