Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip (77554 Views)

Aso Villa Shooting: Sabiu Tunde Resumes Work, Refuses To Self Isolate / Why Abba Kyari Didn’t Self-isolate After Foreign Trip / Aso Villa Shut Down As Kyari Tests Positive, Shehu, Others Self-Isolate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by hisexcellency34: 8:27am On Mar 26, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

There are concerns in Lagos on Wednesday over the health status of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), who was seen in public gathering on Tuesday.

Many had criticised the former Lagos State governor for failing to self-isolate after returning from a trip to the United Kingdom (UK).

Tinubu, who returned to the country last weekend, attended a closed door meeting with Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, party leaders and state Assembly lawmakers at the State House, Marina, on Tuesday where he drummed support for the call for the lockdown of Lagos and the country at large over the pandemic.

Aside taking pictures with party leaders present, Tinubu’s picture greeting Governor Sanwo-Olu with elbow bump also went viral.

Addressing newsmen after the meeting, Tinubu poured encomiums on Sanwo-Olu on the measures rolled out to curtail the spread of the disease, noting that he had shown leadership in the implementation of the response strategy to manage the confirmed cases and tracing of suspected cases.

He said, “I congratulate the governor for the fact that he asked the workers to stay at home to discontinue the chain of transmission. We must respect this order and obey the government. We endorse the position of the governor. Let people stay at home in this period and pray in their houses.

“We need to observe social distancing. It is a new culture that we have to abide with. I will support total lockdown if the government decides to do that. I am in support of it. There should be a total lockdown if the government observes that we are not complying.

“I could listen attentively to the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Boris Johnson, yesterday (Tuesday); and Great Britain is under lockdown now. If we have to do it, the government will do it.

“I can’t pre-empt what the governor would be doing next but whatever decision he takes, he has our support. We have reviewed the previous measures with him and he has also reviewed with his team. We have confidence in the team; whatever they say, we will comply.”

Those who spoke on the issue said Tinubu should have taken a cue from Abba Kyari, the Chief of Staff to the President, who failed to self-isolate after a trip to Germany and has now tested positive to the virus.

Speaking with Daily Independent on Wednesday, Yinka Odumakin, Afenifere’s National Publicity Secretary, said Tinubu’s action reeks of impunity as it may endanger the lives of others amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“It is impunity that runs our country. It is impunity that will make someone (Tinubu) to come back from London and burst into town and begin to gallivant all over the place, giving everybody handshakes.

It is the kind of impunity that will make Abba Kyari to go to Germany, come back to Nigeria and began to mingle with everybody, going to weddings, attending meetings and so on. So, it is above the norms that we have seen in our leadership all the time, that the laws are meant for others, but not meant for us.

“It is the same impunity that will make some church leaders, even prominent ones among us to go and do church service when the government said not more than 50 people should gather. It is unfortunate”, he said.

In its response, the Lagos State chapter of APC accused Afenifere of playing politics with the issue rather than joining hands with other well-meaning Nigerians on how to combat the pandemic.

Spokesman of the party, Seye Oladejo, said Tinubu as a responsible statesman will never breach any guidelines especially as regards public safety.

“It is better to get the facts on issues rather than jump into unnecessary conclusions and playing politics. It is highly unfortunate on the part of anyone to want to play politics over the issue of COVID-19. It is always better to get the truth of any situation before jumping into conclusion.

“For a very long time after Asiwaju Tinubu came back, a good number of people didn’t even know he was back. What transpired between that time that he returned to the country which people did not know about it and the time he was seen in public?

“Asiwaju is the national leader of APC and definitely, he will always observe all protocols to the best of my knowledge. He even went further to show concern for the general public health on the issue and he has aligned himself with the decisions taken so far by the Lagos State government on the issue.

“So, I don’t think this is the time for politics like Afenifere is doing. The major thing now is for all of us to overcome the COVID-19 scourge and relegate politics to the background”, he said.

Efforts made to reach Tunde Rahman, Tinubu’s media aide, proved abortive as calls to his mobile phones were not answered as at the time of going to press.

https://www.independent.ng/covid-19-concerns-as-tinubu-fails-to-self-isolate-after-uk-trip/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by Racoon(m): 8:28am On Mar 26, 2020
cheesy Baba dey seriously fear Covid19.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by NextD18: 8:31am On Mar 26, 2020
Tinubu!!

Oh God! You know our mind.

Grant us our heart desires!

471 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:31am On Mar 26, 2020
angry
Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by Mysticwebb: 8:32am On Mar 26, 2020
He should head straight to Aso Rock to bring the second coming of covid 19 to Baba.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 26, 2020
Please make he no isolate o.
Make he spread am give all of them

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by rusher14: 8:36am On Mar 26, 2020
I thought you said he couldn't travel out of the country.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:38am On Mar 26, 2020
It is well.
Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 26, 2020
We. Understand some people don't want to die before their time... Mind you the fact knowing you have the virus mostly at this age could trigger lots of thing's. Eg Stroke, high blood pressure.. leading to sudden deaths..

So most of them prefer finding out the normal way ,every other person who has tested positive for the virsus found out grin angry angry grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by farano(f): 8:44am On Mar 26, 2020
E don happen ooo... Landlord returned from UK, tenants no gree open gate grin

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by Iyiataata92: 8:55am On Mar 26, 2020
My Take:
(1)It seems Sanwo Olu is afraid of Tinubu. He lacked the guts to refuse a meeting with him knowing the risk involved
(2)How can Sanwo Olu shake elbow with Tinubu while exposing his air routes, his nose and mouth?. What then has he been teaching Lagosians since?
(3)How can Tinubu draw support for LASG asking citizens to comply to an order he is brazenly flouting? Where's leadership in this?
(4)Why would Yinka Odumakin refer to Tinubu as 'someone' but would go on to be precise about Abba Kyari? Would he lose his voice if he says 'Tinubu came back from the UK and.........'?
(5)APC said Tinubu returned a long time and stayed indoor. The report said Tinubu returned on Saturday. I don't know who is lying here but it's easy to guess. Whichever the case, WHO stipulates 14 self-isolation. I reserve my take on this.

Tinubu should have learned something from the Abba Kyari saga unless something sinister is cooking within him

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by IduNaOba: 8:56am On Mar 26, 2020
Lol.
Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by clarocuzioo(m): 8:57am On Mar 26, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by Beremx(f): 8:58am On Mar 26, 2020
Common sense is not common. If he could not isolate himself after coming back from UK why tell Lagosians to do same?

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by helinues: 8:59am On Mar 26, 2020
Hmmmmmmm

Another revolutionists like Kyari loading

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by franchasng: 9:00am On Mar 26, 2020
All the rich and affluent Nigerians should be mandated to make a donation to help poor Nigerians and to help Nigeria recover from the effects of this global pandemic when the pandemic is over very soon.

Dangote ought to donate at least $1billion to Nigerians at this perilous time, because the money he has today is Nigerian peoples' commonwealth past and present Nigerian leaders entrusted with him through various policies (FOREX waivers, tax waivers, monopoly, etc), direct and indirect contracts. Dangote should make that donation now because time is running out, and he should never dare make the donation to Kano state or Northeast or Northwest like he always do because his wealth came from Nigerians, especially from Niger Delta angry angry

1.) Dangote - $1billion

2.) Otedola - $50million

3.) Cosmos Maduka - $20million

4.) Arthur Eze - $10million

5.) Tony Elumelu - $60million

6.) Jim Ovia - $10million

7.) Bola Tinubu - $40million

8.) Leo Stan Eke - $10million

9.) Mrs Alakija - $60million

10.) Mohammed Indimi - $60million

and the list continues like that......

this is what they must do, FG should setup a committee to start the donation asap, because Nigeria need the fund to stimulate the economy back to normal after this whole global pandemic if not, Nigeria's economy will crumble after the pandemic is over and $ may rise to $1 = NGN700.

NOTE:
Nigerians should not panic much because coronavirus is a virus that thrive in mostly cold weather and climate regions. Nigeria being a tropical country with warm weather will not witness a wide spread and death like other countries. If you ever contract the virus, stay calm, make sure you take hot shower everyday you return back to your home.

Drink more of hot drinks, warm water and do away with cold drinks and cold food. Eat your meals when hot.

Boil clean water and add some menthol or balm in the water and inhale through your nostrils everyday.

Stop using AC in your car or at home, go out and take sunlight to warm your body. What has been saving Nigerians is our warm weather not any precaution. Stay calm, coronavirus will soon be over, we should be focusing on how to handle the economy recession that will follow after this global pandemic, because coronavirus will soon go!!

125 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by Chatflick(m): 9:00am On Mar 26, 2020
You don min it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by Kylekent59: 9:00am On Mar 26, 2020
This is what happens when a rich person keeps giving you money, taking you to beer parlour, buying things for you. When it is time to correct him for his wrong act, you can't. Why

Because he has bought your mind.

No one should be above the law.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by dollarsplenty(m): 9:00am On Mar 26, 2020
Tinubu ought to know better. He came back into the country after Abba Kyari's return.

Commonsense should have told him and his handlers that he should proceed directly into 14 day isolation period.

If this is not IMPUNITY, I don't know what we should call it!

Maybe God is trying to purge Nigeria of all its troubles. Maybe.

16 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by NaijadrivaCars: 9:00am On Mar 26, 2020
My neighbor said that the UK is where their banks are.

9 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by lastempero: 9:01am On Mar 26, 2020
Baba want to share to his children.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by victorazyvictor(m): 9:01am On Mar 26, 2020
grin
Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by iammo(m): 9:01am On Mar 26, 2020
cool

why are some loosers obsessed with Bola Ahmed Tinubu? he is a private citizen for goodness sake and his last political post was 13 years ago

Amotekun.. they scream Tinubu
Corronavirus they scream Tinubu
Oshiomhole vs Obaseki they scream Tinubu

just look at the number of haters viewing this thread as if Tinubu owes them anything

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by Truthbites: 9:01am On Mar 26, 2020
It's not a bad thing if he went there to collect the disease. Even ordinary me have been monitoring this disease on CNN since January. I was shocked they were all still traveling up n down. I remember seeing video of Chinese slumping on the streets from the disease. How come did our leaders not take the several months of reportage serious? Greed made them throw precaution to the wind. Instead we were hearing that the heat won't make it enter naija. Our people forgot, the disease won't enter naija, but will incubate in the bodies of Nigerians, cos they are humans

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:01am On Mar 26, 2020
If not for the poor masses that might possibly be infected from him, I for say it's good new just like the Aba kyari case

Coro Coro bringing revolution to Nigeria

May God protect the innocent poor masses around these corrupt politicians in this time of coro Coro revolution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by IstandWithGod: 9:01am On Mar 26, 2020
Those of you secretly wishing Tinubu catches Covid19, diaris God o grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by kingthreat(m): 9:01am On Mar 26, 2020
Abeg Tinubu get underlying health conditions ooo. Alongside his marijuana and cocaine addictions. Jagaban is a chronic smoker. If this thing knack am, him go kick bucket ooo

17 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by alienvirus: 9:02am On Mar 26, 2020
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said

"If you hear of an outbreak of plague in a land, do not enter it; but if the plague breaks out in a place while you are in it, do not leave that place."

If mankind had adhered to this advice, the whole world won't be in this mess. Yet, it is the solution every nation is trying to adopt.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by ignis: 9:02am On Mar 26, 2020
Please let him not isolate himself.

He should share it to fellow corrupt politicians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 26, 2020
[quote author=franchasng post=87774962][/quote]

Did you give them money to keep?

Lazy azzz niccca

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by Raydos: 9:02am On Mar 26, 2020
I'm confused here!

Nigeria recorded a case of corona Virus long before South Africa, But now South Africa has over 700 cases of corona virus, but Nigeria is still claiming 51 cases?

Another thing is Nigeria population is 180million while south Africa's 50million, South Africa has a better healthcare centre than Nigeria, and they still has 700 cases, but Nigeria with a very poor health care with overcrowded cities is still claiming 51 cases!!

The figures in Nigeria ain't correct, I'm very sure we have over 2,000 cases already

May GOD help us in this country oo, I'm scared already, I live my life as though I am gonna die tomorrow now!, Shit is getting real!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip by iamvictorbassey: 9:02am On Mar 26, 2020
Karma is a slimy slútty bitçh.

Just when I was scared that this Virus was gonna start with the masses and after having a field day, before then the elites would have protected themselves by then.

Then Karma was like, watch me do a reverse ride, make a 180° turn without taking out the diçk on your political class.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Posts Photo Of Lionel Messi 'Wearing Asiwaju Cap' / Chinese Turns Nigerian Soldier To A Maid In A Market [PICS] / Lawmaker's Cloth Torn After The Fight At The National Assembly (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.