Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,115 members, 7,852,789 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

Hungry Has Been Beating Us - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hungry Has Been Beating Us (4458 Views)

What's Your Honest Opinion About Beating Kids Like This ? / Have You Ever Slept Hungry To Prove A Point To You Wife That You Are Angry ?? / "My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Forceful Sex & Beating" - Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by SweetCunt97(f): 9:17am On Mar 28, 2020
proclinician:

Lol yimu. What's that? Yoruba or something. Shebi u be ipob?
Says who?
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by proclinician: 9:19am On Mar 28, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Says who?

Are u ipob or afonja or almajiri?
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by SweetCunt97(f): 9:20am On Mar 28, 2020
proclinician:

Are u ipob or afonja or almajiri?
Come u sure say u b doctor like this? Cos d time u spend here eh, u get time for ur patients? Abi na chemist u get?

2 Likes

Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by proclinician: 9:22am On Mar 28, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Come u sure say u b doctor like this? Cos d time u spend here eh, u get time for ur patients? Abi na chemist u get?
Haha. Plssssss I should die abi?
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 28, 2020
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by SweetCunt97(f): 9:24am On Mar 28, 2020
proclinician:

Haha. Plssssss I should die abi?
But every minute? Haba!
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 28, 2020
I like this person Ifyjos. By my nature I'm not going to go out of my way to attack anyone, yes, but then I like the way she thinks. And it is a shame that people are attacking her for speaking up against one of the greatest ills of our country, and that is the liberty and the ease with which people beg.

It is highly worrisome indeed.

Instead of we Nigerians to collectively demand a better quality of life for ourselves we do one or more of the following counterproductive things:

1) Feel entitled to the perceived ('audio') wealth of others and then beg and beg: Everyone in Nigeria is suffering and struggling, just at different levels. Even professors and medical doctors who haven't been paid for sometime now, how do they manage? No one suffers and hustles in his/her own level just to hand it over to anyone else. Note I haven't called anyone lazy. We all end up bearing our own burdens and those inherited from our parents.
2) Donate their meager resources to unprofitable institutions like religious bodies: It is an irony that these religious leaders who have been collecting your money in times of no lockdown are still busy of inventing various electronic ways of continuing the collections, instead of being at the forefront of providing relief for you. If anyone wants to beg, you should do it at your pastor's, imam's, babalawo's or dibia's place. Let people rest.
3) Defend mediocre, self-serving and thieving successive governments on account of ethnicity: instead of all of us to see governance as a collective responsibility we choose to play the ostrich, bury our heads in the sand and they can steal our collective wealth and waste all the opportunities belonging to us and our children unborn... As long as the seat of political affluence one day rotates to our side, then we want the practice of corruption and ineptitude to continue so that some day it will get to our turn to hit it big. Now that you feel you should beg, it is those politicians you should approach cap-in-hands, and not other Nigerians who are also struggling to take their families through this trying period.
4) Marry when you are not financially able to do so.: I will borrow an admonition from the Bible that says any man (woman too, to make the feminist happy) who cannot provide for his own household is worse than an infidel. It literally translates to saying, it is even better if you are not born-again or a Christian than for you to have a wife and/or children and not be able to cater for their needs. Many of us can count several men who make less than 20K per month who still go ahead to get married and give birth, not to one, but to four, five, six and seven children and more. Some of them still go out to impregnate girls outside. And then the products of such recklessness and irresponsibility will go everywhere begging people and attacking anyone that fails to subscribe to this doctrine and career of begging that many Nigerians have come to love. The society did not force you to attract responsibilities you weren't ready for. Nobody cares if you're getting old, 40 or 50... If you really must bring children to this world, then make sure you have enough for yourself, your partner and the exactly number of children you can care for. Everyone in Nigeria literally is struggling to make ends meet no matter how much you think they have. It is only greed (ojukokoro) that will make you expect others to meet your needs. And no, OBJ, GEJ, GMB are not to blame for all the stupid decisions that led us individually to the bad economic state most of us are in now. Instead, we are to blame that they got to the offices where they further entrench our poverty.

The correct response to this for individuals to suffer with some dignity and start thinking deeply how to improve on their lives once this is over. There is necessity upon us all now, will we allow it to force out an invention on us, or we will simply shamelessly keep throwing our bank accounts in people's faces expecting others to ignore their own needs and cater to ours. This should have been the time to demand better social services from our government, if only the spirit of begging isn't so deeply entrenched.

I know that no matter how much English few of us speak here on this matter, many will still refuse to listen. They will still continue to ignore the opportunity to elect credible leaders; they will keep selling their votes for N1,000. Many will still continue to carry the money they ought to use for investment/savings to religious houses. Many will still continue marrying, impregnating and getting pregnant with babies they will never be able to cater for. In the end, the shame is still yours even if you have lost the capability of feeling ashamed.

Ifyjos, I do not know you but you have spoken my mind on this issue. But I have a favor to ask you: please stop being dragged into the gutters by people who see nothing wrong in begging. Kindly ignore them; not replying them will never take anything from you. Simply speak your mind and let anyone that likes continue breaking their heads over it. In the end, when no one is around, perhaps some of these e-beggars will have a sober reflection where they will stake stock of their lives. It may have been too late for them to make a significant change, but perhaps they shall be able to pass a better wisdom to their children.

As for the Op, I do not know you, and this isn't an attack on the veracity or seriousness of the needs of your household. I understand if you feel the need to attack me over my post; that's not going to be a problem at all. But no matter how bad things are right now for you financially (an experience which most Nigerians also share at this very time), begging people-strangers- is never a good behavior. I pray we all come out of this situation alive, but much more, I pray that this situation will allow us to start thinking for the future whether we are job hunting, spending-versus-saving, impregnating-or-being-impregnated, ... and so on. I know society is much more complex than my post has portrayed, nevertheless individuals are largely to blame for the kind of leadership in their country, allowed both by docility, corruption, as well as i-don't-carea attitude.

Ifyjos:

Have you ever seen me begging money in my story ? I don’t believe in all those beggy beggy stories because they are all lazy ass scammers and it’s my right to say whatever i think and you have no right to tell me what to do. Keep your stinky mouth shut yourself

1 Like

Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by sisisioge: 11:39am On Mar 28, 2020
bizme post=87844407[b:
]I like this person Ifyjos. By my nature I'm not going to go out of my way to attack anyone, yes, but then I like the way she thinks.[/b]

Jesu! You have no idea! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by crackkhaus: 11:43am On Mar 28, 2020
sassysure:
Lol, why did you edit your comment?

It's okay to be angry and lash out sometimes, you know wink
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 28, 2020
crackkhaus:

Lol, why did you edit your comment?

It's okay to be angry and lash out sometimes, you know wink
Just leave me alone grin

I just dey vex but I discovered I have no strength for online fight so I deleted it.

How una dey.

People here are actually trying.
Serious lockdown except to go and buy stuffs and some essential workers that can't just stop working.
No panic buying anymore and stores are filled to the brim though essentials are rationed.
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by crackkhaus: 12:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
sassysure:

Just leave me alone grin

I just dey vex but I discovered I have no strength for online fight so I deleted it.

How una dey.

People here are actually trying.
Serious lockdown except to go and buy stuffs and some essential workers that can't just stop working.
No panic buying anymore and stores are filled to the brim though essentials are rationed.

We dey fine this side, thanks..

And you know I can't leave you alone.
If only you could see how I seriously read your lyrical outpouring...twice grin
I was like, chei Sassy don provoke like this. It was so beautiful to read.

Such raw emotions

I can tell you go sabi cry if something pains you enough... cheesy
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by GboyegaD(m): 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2020
Godsbaby1:
use the platform in the in the statue

Noted.
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ifyjos:

Yes it’s good food at least we thank God we could afford indomie and egg what about you who don’t even know what you feed your hopeless mother and yourself ? Mr beggy beggy

Check all my thread, I have never begged and I will never beg.. u this hopeless bed service olosho grin

God will pacify all those in needs I pray..

2 Likes

Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2020
crackkhaus:

We dey fine this side, thanks..

And you know I can't leave you alone.
If only you could see how I seriously read your lyrical outpouring...twice grin
I was like, chei Sassy don provoke like this. It was so beautiful to read.

Such raw emotions

I can tell you go sabi cry if something pains you enough... cheesy

Haaaa cheesy
I don't usually voice out my feelings before.
And it cost me a lot
That time I cry mostly.
That changed at a point after marriage
Ur bros panicked the first time he witnessed me crying.
Guy was practically shitting in his pants while me, I was seriously wailing. Waitin concern me cheesy.

This life eeh cheesy
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by crackkhaus: 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2020
sassysure:

Haaaa cheesy
I don't usually voice out my feelings before.
And it cost me a lot
That time I cry mostly.
That changed at a point after marriage
Ur bros panicked the first time he witnessed me crying.
Guy was practically shitting in his pants while me, I was seriously wailing. Waitin concern me cheesy.

This life eeh cheesy

Lmao... cheesycheesy
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by topsquino(m): 1:57pm On Mar 28, 2020
Godsbaby1:
Please my brothers and sisters me and my family are helpless we have been starving for some time now
My husband has no job for years and am a Teacher I teaches in a private school my salary does not even cater for us, some days we will starve, this April no salary because we did not work plsss I need food to survive pls heal us

I'm doing a giveaway of one million Naira to about 120 people today on Nairaland.

All you have to do is to participate.

Kindly check out my post today by 6pm.

This is not a scam oo.
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by Godsbaby1(f): 2:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
topsquino:

I'm doing a giveaway of one million Naira to about 120 people today on Nairaland.

All you have to do is to participate.

Kindly check out my post today by 6pm.

This is not a scam oo.
procedure to participate plss help a sister
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by topsquino(m): 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
Godsbaby1:
procedure to participate plss help a sister

I will be posting by 6pm. I just want as many as people as possible to participate.

It's just less than 4 hours from now

1 Like

Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by tabithababy(f): 2:29pm On Mar 28, 2020
topsquino:

I will be posting by 6pm. I just want as many as people as possible to participate.

It's just less than 4 hours from now
. Are you kidding me
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by Godsbaby1(f): 5:03pm On Mar 28, 2020
bizme:
I like this person Ifyjos. By my nature I'm not going to go out of my way to attack anyone, yes, but then I like the way she thinks. And it is a shame that people are attacking her for speaking up against one of the greatest ills of our country, and that is the liberty and the ease with which people beg.

It is highly worrisome indeed.

Instead of we Nigerians to collectively demand a better quality of life for ourselves we do one or more of the following counterproductive things:

1) Feel entitled to the perceived ('audio') wealth of others and then beg and beg: Everyone in Nigeria is suffering and struggling, just at different levels. Even professors and medical doctors who haven't been paid for sometime now, how do they manage? No one suffers and hustles in his/her own level just to hand it over to anyone else. Note I haven't called anyone lazy. We all end up bearing our own burdens and those inherited from our parents.
2) Donate their meager resources to unprofitable institutions like religious bodies: It is an irony that these religious leaders who have been collecting your money in times of no lockdown are still busy of inventing various electronic ways of continuing the collections, instead of being at the forefront of providing relief for you. If anyone wants to beg, you should do it at your pastor's, imam's, babalawo's or dibia's place. Let people rest.
3) Defend mediocre, self-serving and thieving successive governments on account of ethnicity: instead of all of us to see governance as a collective responsibility we choose to play the ostrich, bury our heads in the sand and they can steal our collective wealth and waste all the opportunities belonging to us and our children unborn... As long as the seat of political affluence one day rotates to our side, then we want the practice of corruption and ineptitude to continue so that some day it will get to our turn to hit it big. Now that you feel you should beg, it is those politicians you should approach cap-in-hands, and not other Nigerians who are also struggling to take their families through this trying period.
4) Marry when you are not financially able to do so.: I will borrow an admonition from the Bible that says any man (woman too, to make the feminist happy) who cannot provide for his own household is worse than an infidel. It literally translates to saying, it is even better if you are not born-again or a Christian than for you to have a wife and/or children and not be able to cater for their needs. Many of us can count several men who make less than 20K per month who still go ahead to get married and give birth, not to one, but to four, five, six and seven children and more. Some of them still go out to impregnate girls outside. And then the products of such recklessness and irresponsibility will go everywhere begging people and attacking anyone that fails to subscribe to this doctrine and career of begging that many Nigerians have come to love. The society did not force you to attract responsibilities you weren't ready for. Nobody cares if you're getting old, 40 or 50... If you really must bring children to this world, then make sure you have enough for yourself, your partner and the exactly number of children you can care for. Everyone in Nigeria literally is struggling to make ends meet no matter how much you think they have. It is only greed (ojukokoro) that will make you expect others to meet your needs. And no, OBJ, GEJ, GMB are not to blame for all the stupid decisions that led us individually to the bad economic state most of us are in now. Instead, we are to blame that they got to the offices where they further entrench our poverty.

The correct response to this for individuals to suffer with some dignity and start thinking deeply how to improve on their lives once this is over. There is necessity upon us all now, will we allow it to force out an invention on us, or we will simply shamelessly keep throwing our bank accounts in people's faces expecting others to ignore their own needs and cater to ours. This should have been the time to demand better social services from our government, if only the spirit of begging isn't so deeply entrenched.

I know that no matter how much English few of us speak here on this matter, many will still refuse to listen. They will still continue to ignore the opportunity to elect credible leaders; they will keep selling their votes for N1,000. Many will still continue to carry the money they ought to use for investment/savings to religious houses. Many will still continue marrying, impregnating and getting pregnant with babies they will never be able to cater for. In the end, the shame is still yours even if you have lost the capability of feeling ashamed.

Ifyjos, I do not know you but you have spoken my mind on this issue. But I have a favor to ask you: please stop being dragged into the gutters by people who see nothing wrong in begging. Kindly ignore them; not replying them will never take anything from you. Simply speak your mind and let anyone that likes continue breaking their heads over it. In the end, when no one is around, perhaps some of these e-beggars will have a sober reflection where they will stake stock of their lives. It may have been too late for them to make a significant change, but perhaps they shall be able to pass a better wisdom to their children.

As for the Op, I do not know you, and this isn't an attack on the veracity or seriousness of the needs of your household. I understand if you feel the need to attack me over my post; that's not going to be a problem at all. But no matter how bad things are right now for you financially (an experience which most Nigerians also share at this very time), begging people-strangers- is never a good behavior. I pray we all come out of this situation alive, but much more, I pray that this situation will allow us to start thinking for the future whether we are job hunting, spending-versus-saving, impregnating-or-being-impregnated, ... and so on. I know society is much more complex than my post has portrayed, nevertheless individuals are largely to blame for the kind of leadership in their country, allowed both by docility, corruption, as well as i-don't-carea attitude.

Forgive my action I wish I did not do this but I'm helpless at the moment panic everywhere stay at home saga, it was out of pain that push me to come out online to do this, seeing my kids crying for food, even though I taught of for days before now, am sorry

All the same ur words are encouraging thanks
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by emmaodet: 8:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
Godsbaby1:
pls give me an email to forward it pls am genuinely need help pls, I don't really want to go public too much pls understand

Give me your own email and i will contact you
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by Omoluabi16(m): 11:59pm On Mar 28, 2020
Very interesting thread.
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by Godsbaby1(f): 7:48am On Mar 29, 2020
emmaodet:

use the one on my statue thanks
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by Godsbaby1(f): 10:03am On Mar 29, 2020
emmaodet:

livyausty@gmail.com thanks
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by tabithababy(f): 4:09pm On Mar 29, 2020
Livecamp09:

Just a condom would have prevented a public disgrace like you.. useless sex object.. na your senior Dem dey use one indomie and one egg Bleep till Dawn.. useless and hopeless olosho.. onidoti abirun

Alaye baje omo...werey ni Iya e.. Your drunkard father slept with your oloriburuku mother after giving her 100 naira suya,,,,, no wonder she gave birth to an animal like you.. Cheap ho..e mother... No wonder her pussy has slacked.. Your oloshi papa don Bleep your mama brain comot.... Omo eleribu... Your mama expired pussy

1 Like

Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by emmaodet: 6:31am On Mar 30, 2020
Godsbaby1:
livyausty@gmail.com thanks

Have sent you mail.
Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by CAPSLOCKED: 7:26am On Mar 30, 2020
emmaodet:

Can you give your phone number and account number?
I will need to be sure and clarify that you are genuine before doing anything.
IF THERE'S DATA TO COME ONLINE TO SEEK AID, THERE SHOULD BE DATA FOR POCOHANTAS' VERIFICATION METHODS TO WEED OUT SCAMMERS.
ONLY THING SHE DIDN'T INCLUDE WAS THUMBPRINT
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungry Has Been Beating Us by Godsbaby1(f): 10:31am On Mar 30, 2020
emmaodet:

Have sent you mail.
Yes replied tnks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kindly Suggest Best Brand Of Washing Machine / Newlywed Husband Living In Wife's Parents' House / My Introduction Ceremony Prior To Wedding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.