Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,178 members, 7,811,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. (49592 Views)

Yahoo Boy Pretending To Be A Woman, Scams US Citizen Of $2300 / Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo / Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2020
Mhizfateemah:

I don't know about MMM but I know longrich is not.If you are interested in evidence check my signature and Whatsapp.. Don't spoil business for people.
not interested

3 Likes

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by xynerise: 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2020
Stop using phone number as Facebook password!!

1 Like

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by INnaMAN: 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by ALABACONNECT(m): 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2020
ornicus:

Make sure you have your electronic banking set up with alerts to your email. That way you will get a double notification.

Whenever I make a transaction I get notifications from multiple sources. You can call it 2fa.You can also triple check directly on your banking app. The biggest warning sign is they are usually in a hurry.

I am sorry for your experience
network in Alaba is bad. So what we do now is when we receive alert, we recharge 100 naira via ussd to confirm balance. It's silly but effective

1 Like

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2020
pocohantas:

I don’t think Longrich is scam. I know people doing it and they seem genuine. I am just not interested in those pyramid marketing.
longrich is a sort of pyramid marketing.robbing peter to paul paul

2 Likes

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by bhimbho(m): 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Omar09(m): 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
NextD18:

You my friend, remain one of the most observant buddies on this forum. cheesy

Saw it too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by ignis: 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
I was recently a victim of fake alert

1 Like

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
one fraudster sent me this

09010808885 is the fraudster phone number

someone has also reported him to efcc . Lol

1 Like

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by SweetCunt97(f): 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2020
topsquino:
Yes o. We should be careful.

I'm telling people I want to give out 1 million naira today by 6pm. They are doubting. Let's see who is lying or scamming by 6pm
I believe you
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by jyz200(m): 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2020
You forgot jamb upgrade scam
And admission scam
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Rucahhh: 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2020
Wow
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by NaijadrivaCars: 1:38pm On Mar 28, 2020
Another scam: https://onemboaran.com/afu.php?id=3113155
promises 4000 airtime and 1000GB data
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by KingMicky3286: 1:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
What will happen if someone know about my BVN ? I dont really know much about this BVN secrecy .
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Alvin212(m): 1:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
DrChukki:
In 2015 when my Dad started seeing me with laptop regularly, he called me to advise me.

He told me of different scam that reigned during their youthful days in the 1970s and 1980s and how alot of young guys made lots of money with them.

Then he said, none of those men is alive now. They all raised useless children and their wealth and family crashed in their presence before they died.

He concluded, don't reap another man's sweat. You might think is smartness but you don't know you're eating your future, giving yourself inner troubles and destroying your future family. Diligent pays.

Scam does not pay.

If you're a scammer, you can make money but you won't be rich.

Bleeping lier.

What of Dangote.
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
First of, Internet banking is almost impossible in Alaba as the network there is bad.
So a man chatted me up online for a Soundsystems and I sent my dispatch to pick up. After my dispatch got to ajah, he actually gave it to the guy and the guy sent money which was confirmed. He got back to the market and money was MIA in my aza.

Same guy came into Alaba again and did the same to a brother.

Online sellers please be on guard

I am thinking you guys in Alaba should invest in wan. But a Spectranet or swift router and distribute network around the market.
I don’t want to believe that no provider has good network around Alaba, but what do I know?
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Professorcplus(m): 1:42pm On Mar 28, 2020
This happens to be my mum. Yesterday, 27th March, 2020 she received a call from random guy telling her that they wanted to add her to online service so she would call out the number they sent to her bla bla bla.

Unkowning to her, it was WhatsApp Verfi..code and she gladly receite the number to them. After al, Even in rain and fire she would follow Jesus.

They accessed her WhatsApp contact and send this message to all her WhatsApp groups. I was alerted and With her at home. I installed and re installed her WhatsApp with 2 step verification.

Beware of this scammer.
[/quote]

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by cjudy(m): 1:42pm On Mar 28, 2020
When will EFCC arrest about 50 Boys in Port Harcourt? Are they scared to carry out their arrest?

1 Like

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by professore(m): 1:42pm On Mar 28, 2020
Educative thread.
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by topsquino(m): 1:43pm On Mar 28, 2020
SweetCunt97:
I believe you die.. I dey second for line.

Yeah. The giveaway is 6 pm.

No Nigerian time.

No excuses like nepa take light, internet nor good etc grin
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by DrChukki: 1:44pm On Mar 28, 2020
Alvin212:

Bleeping lier.

What of Dangote.

Is Dangote a scammer?
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by skyhighweb(m): 1:44pm On Mar 28, 2020
the only beggers looking for 3k to add to the 7k tbey already have

ARE YOU AN ARTIST? CHECK MY SIGNATURE

FIBADI BY RISKID X ICEKID BMD MIX ENJOY MY LASTEST PRODUCTION, A BANGING SONG YOU GONNA LOVE IT
http://www.soundlala.com/track_audio.php?id=1429
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by senatepresido: 1:46pm On Mar 28, 2020
DrChukki:
In 2015 when my Dad started seeing me with laptop regularly, he called me to advise me.

He told me of different scam that reigned during their youthful days in the 1970s and 1980s and how alot of young guys made lots of money with them.

Then he said, none of those men is alive now. They all raised useless children and their wealth and family crashed in their presence before they died.

He concluded, don't reap another man's sweat. You might think is smartness but you don't know you're eating your future, giving yourself inner troubles and destroying your future family. Diligent pays.

Scam does not pay.

If you're a scammer, you can make money but you won't be rich.
You have a good dad, I wish and cried I had a dad like yours, If not for my grandfather (God rest his soul), my grandmother and mum my life would have been something else...

My dad is somewhere in Victoria Island wasting his life away and marrying random women, time will tell when he will finally reap what he sow...
Have never seen an irresponsible man like him all my life

4 Likes

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Mhizfateemah(f): 1:46pm On Mar 28, 2020
lefulefu:
sorry sister but i dont do ponzi but to me anybody telling me i should send 10k to his or her account and dat by the end of the month i will get 30k is a scammer.dats how u guys defended MMM until MMM took all ur money and ran cheesy.mehn i used to remember the annoying messages i got from MMM followers on facebook and whatsap.
ln LONGRICH, you send the money directly to the company account not the person that wants to register you.if someone ask another person to send money to personal account then the person is a scammer.
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by SweetCunt97(f): 1:48pm On Mar 28, 2020
topsquino:

Yeah. The giveaway is 6 pm.

No Nigerian time.

No excuses like nepa take light, internet nor good etc grin
Go announce in family thread, so many need the giveaway there
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by INnaMAN: 1:49pm On Mar 28, 2020
topsquino:
Yes o. We should be careful.

I'm telling people I want to give out 1 million naira today by 6pm. They are doubting. Let's see who is lying or scamming by 6pm
believe you,No doubting.

1 Like

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Octopusssy(f): 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2020
ALABACONNECT:
First of, Internet banking is almost impossible in Alaba as the network there is bad.
So a man chatted me up online for a Soundsystems and I sent my dispatch to pick up. After my dispatch got to ajah, he actually gave it to the guy and the guy sent money which was confirmed. He got back to the market and money was MIA in my aza.

Same guy came into Alaba again and did the same to a brother.

Online sellers please be on guard
Wow
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by SaintRukiee: 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2020
Partner with a Nigeria News Update Website and get the privilege of being paid each time you share a post on your facebook or watch videos, view a post on the website, create a post and login to the website. You can start today with a one time registration fee of N1,500 and stand d chance to earn over 20k everyday Ask me how”. http:///2348080419205
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Alvin212(m): 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
DrChukki:

Is Dangote a scammer?

Is hushpuppy a scammer?
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
Mhizfateemah:

ln LONGRICH, you send the money directly to the company account not the person that wants to register you.if someone ask another person to send money to personal account then the person is a scammer.
the ones who approach me on facebook tend to give me their personal bank account number for me to send money to it.so tell me why will i send money to someone probably using a hacked facebook female account with a fake pix on it.i am not that foolish cheesy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Cultist 'Gbaja Marine' Killed By Rival Cult Group In Ghana. Photos / Professor Zainab Duke Assaults Orderly, Charges Maids To Beat Her Up / Female Thief With 50 Master Keys Caught And Beaten In Kaduna (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.