Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. (49593 Views)

Yahoo Boy Pretending To Be A Woman, Scams US Citizen Of $2300 / Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo / Man Scams People By Sending Them Airtime In Ondo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Galadimabawa: 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
[b]
3:— THE BVN CUSTOMER CARE REP
A very old method, but somehow people still fall for it. Majority of us must have gotten those calls from a supposed customer care representative. They would always claim your account has been blocked and you need to provide some details to have it unblocked.

-The bank would never call to ask for sensitive account details.[/b]

This number 3 is currently threading in my place now, he call one of us day before yesterday, today he still call another person with the same voice, I could recognize his voice, he will call your full name and your date of birth, then introduce herself as a bank staff from Kano branch, that you need to update your ATM card, an that you are to call your ATM card pin number for him so that he can us it to update it. My friend just said (u be mumu ooooo) as soon as he hear that, he goes off.
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by seun289(m): 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
An unfortunate person sent me this mail 3days ago.. Only God knows what would have happened if I clicked on either of d links..
Immediately I saw it, I knew it was a slowpoke that sent it cos I didn't subscribe for such and why would my account be debited if I didn't respond to d mail...
Even the recipient mail on d 4th attachment said it all but alot of people would still fall for it...
Anyone who comes across such mail should delete it immediately

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2020
dont forget to add the so-called 'BINOMO' business group, scamming people here and there.

2 Likes

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2020
pocohantas:

Oga, go to Romance section. This is not the thread for your tantrums. Thank you.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
The Telegram Investment scam too..
Old but some people still fall victim...

"Don't be scared to invest with us, we are legit"...

Invest 5k and get 30k in 48 hours etc!
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by NextD18: 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by pocohantas(f): 3:10pm On Mar 28, 2020
seun289:
An unfortunate person sent me this mail 3days ago.. Only God knows what would have happened if I clicked on either of d links..
Immediately I saw it, I knew it was a slowpoke that sent it cos I didn't subscribe for such and why would my account be debited if I didn't respond to d mail...
Even the recipient mail on d 4th attachment said it all but alot of people would still fall for it...
Anyone who comes across such mail should delete it immediately

They are really hardworking. I have to give them that. This would easily fly at first glance.

eni4real:
The Telegram Investment scam too..
Old but some people still fall victim...
"Don't be scared to invest with us, we are legit"...
Invest 5k and get 30k in 48 hours etc!

I knew of one LOOM. Someone suggested it to me. I wonder how he thought I would subscribe to such. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2020
grin grin
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Bizibi(m): 3:20pm On Mar 28, 2020
francesco01:
dont forget to add the so-called 'BINOMO' business group, scamming people here and there.
I see this alot on Instagram.
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by CrownWale93(m): 3:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
Good info,I support your post �.
My account was debited yesterday fraudulently with almost #30k . My account was used to purchase POS transaction

I'm in serious depression � and I have to wait till Monday to go to my bank if they will open to Lodge my complain
pocohantas:
We are in perilous times, everyone is trying to transact from their homes, businesses are also adjusting their processes and it is a perfect time for fraudsters to strike unsuspecting persons.

I’ll be listing the ones that I am familiar with and you should feel free to add yours. Experiences and suggestions are welcome.

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by aliasdueprocess: 3:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
This is helpful
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by santafrancisco: 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2020
They will call you pretending calling from your bank by telling you that your account has been blocked... Asking for your account number once you give them.. they will send otp to your phone asking you to call it out for them once you do that... You will start getting debit alerts from your bank. And it will be too late for you
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by saintugo01(m): 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
This post itself, somehow, is a tutorial on how to scam people

1 Like

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by obiseq: 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
MELISON SUCCESS INVESTMENT.
MONEY DOUBLERS

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by tonee45: 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2020
Another one.....

*Urgent, in support of all Nigerians ��*
Obtain N4000 Balance credit and 1000GB Free Internet from here:
http://danllex.com/Nigeria

pocohantas:
We are in perilous times, everyone is trying to transact from their homes, businesses are also adjusting their processes and it is a perfect time for fraudsters to strike unsuspecting persons.

I’ll be listing the ones that I am familiar with and you should feel free to add yours. Experiences and suggestions are welcome.

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by MAXIMUS007: 4:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
I believe topsquino guy anytime, as things get as he be everywhere what is bad in helping and giving us hope.
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by doggedfighter(f): 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2020
topsquino:
Yes o. We should be careful.

I'm telling people I want to give out 1 million naira today by 6pm. They are doubting. Let's see who is lying or scamming by 6pm
Doggedfighter is patiently waiting for 6pm. Thanks in advance
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
francesco01:
wich one is that?
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 28, 2020
thanks Mr moderator, also avoid scammers selling hand sanitizer on jiji most of them a fraudsters, they ask you to deposit money and you don't hear from them again, just happened to a relative, too bad even at this time.
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Decapheno(f): 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
francesco01:

BINOMO investment is a big scam. They'll tell you 5k to get 30k, 10k for 50k and so on. They can even come in the form of WhatsApp Tvs(Not all can be trusted). One in particular(Malaga TV). This was the number he used 08153254369. He posts different fake proofs of credit alerts and also involved in fake jamb upgrade. BEWARE!

1 Like

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by olamy7(m): 9:49pm On Mar 28, 2020
nice one here
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by raphy(m): 2:47am On Mar 29, 2020
I think poco HV tried her part ,am she said is true. ..may God help and guide us .
.I HV fall victim in some of them .

but am now wiser.
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Teezie07: 6:55am On Mar 29, 2020
Lets make money this 2020
Earn up to 10k or more weekly doing simple tasks
Message me on whatsapp 08160565827
For more info and proofs
#vision2020
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by KenModi(m): 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
Thebwoy:
Make 10k daily with your phone while at home using these simple steps. grin

It's working effectively

Fear these motivational speakers abi financial Messiah's as well.

Why would you want me to make 10k daily? What is in it for you?

1 Like

Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by lildolphin2: 1:41am On Mar 31, 2020
[Longrich, they don't even know how to make a website all the FAQ all have the same answer they had the pictures of 2 employees a women and a man the women had the man's name and the man had the women's name words misspelled I called BBB and they're not even registered as a business.
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by ifiokbenzy(m): 7:38am On Apr 28, 2020
The latest is conditional cash transfer send your bvn acct details to National Treasurer, I can't stop laughing. Nigerians can be creative to solve hunger problems.�
Re: Different Scams You Should Be On The Lookout For This Season. by Victor8st: 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
I always wanted to invest my money in some well-developed business, so I was looking for a place where my investment would be useful and would bring benefits to both sides. After a long search I managed to attach my money but I almost lost it because the man turned out to be a fraud. You are right, today many people try to get other people's money dishonestly on transactions. Fortunately, I was dissuaded in time by my friend who had already invested a considerable amount in one profitable business. By recommending mlm reviews to me, my brother has already secured a passive income. I tried and made sure that it is legal and reliable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Professor Zainab Duke Assaults Orderly, Charges Maids To Beat Her Up / Nigerian Cultist 'Gbaja Marine' Killed By Rival Cult Group In Ghana. Photos / Female Thief With 50 Master Keys Caught And Beaten In Kaduna (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.