Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,317 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG (71073 Views)

Inflation: Tinubu advised Buhari to print more money - Paul Ibe / Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes / Afenifere: Printing More Naira Notes To Fight Coronavirus Is Irresponsible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by AreaFada2: 8:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ok. Tinubu now has an economic team at Bourdillon Road.

Sense nor go kee this man. Those bullion van hard currency can later be exchanged at 1,200 to £1, 920 Naira to $1, and 1,060 Naira to one Euro. grin grin
So this is the voodoo economics Tinubu supporters want us to vote for in 2023?

Yet they lambasted and protested when Jonathan wanted us to save money when oil prices were high.
In Niger Delta, the saying goes that na foolish man backyard sense man or cunning man dey die put. grin

Jonathan now looks wey smarter than his detractors. grin

2 Likes

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by 4xplore: 8:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
MT:
I really need to know as this is not my turf. Why does the the US get away with printing more dollars to save her economy?. Do the laws of micro economic not applicable to US in this case? . Please I will need to be genuinely educated in this area.

I have not heard such a thing as oversupply of $$$ because the $$$ is the defacto currency of the world. Inter-country trade deals n other foreign investments are settled with the $$$ so it will always be in demand irrespective of the supply. However, thesame cannot be said of the naira...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by newdawn77(m): 8:16pm On Mar 28, 2020
Making sense.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by 27Pushing30: 8:17pm On Mar 28, 2020
NwaNimo1:
lol.....mad man.

Inflation nko?

Smh you don’t even know simple economics.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by 4xplore: 8:19pm On Mar 28, 2020
dele1727:

Majority of you people don't know how the economy work.
Inflation is caused by too much money in the economy..

So where is the money now?
Where are the buyers?
Where are the sellers?

Listen and think objectively
Leave the hate
If printing the naira brings the money n the buyers, where are the goods n who's providing the services in times like this?

4 Likes

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by 8stargeneral: 8:19pm On Mar 28, 2020
So... nah dis kin brain dis man wan take rule Nigerian if given d opportunity.... ?

2 Likes

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Underarm: 8:21pm On Mar 28, 2020
futuregovernor:
Return the ones you stole first.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Stillthebest: 8:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
kiss

It might sound crazy from Tinubu but Govts all over the world, try radical economic approach during wars, epidemics and other high contingencies by injecting some liquidity into the system.

In my own understanding, the power of money is in its velocity of exchange. If money is printed this time, in accentuation with the directive of the IMF, it can't lead to hyper inflation because the contingency right now requires it and such money will move and be disbursed in a speed of light to purchase gadgets, equipments(that are majorly from abroad)cushion some effects and thus, it wil lessen the burden on the Govt.

But only if the Govt will stay within the confine of IMF standards without breaching the rule like Abacha.

By and large, I don't trust Nigeria Gov on this because I doubt if Buhari will understand such policy without let it be abused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Galactico4ever(m): 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2020
More Naira will lead to inflation which will lead to flunctuatio in prices of goods and services.HELLO NAIRALAND,WELCOME ME.

1 Like

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by MT: 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2020
4xplore:

I have not heard such a thing as oversupply of $$$ because the $$$ is the defacto currency of the world. Inter-country trade deals n other foreign investments are settled with the $$$ so it will always be in demand irrespective of the supply. However, thesame cannot be said of the naira...

While i wont dismiss what you wrote because like I said , it's not my turf, but your submission raises more questions than it answers. Are you implying that the entire world financial institutions and regulatory bodies have accepted that the US could just print money arbitrarily to save her economy anytime there is a crisis just because the dollars is the defacto global currency. If this is acceptable, then there is no need for the US to want to industrialise the country as they can just snap their fingers and ask the central bank to print more dollars. Infact they should not be in competition with China as they can easily print more dollars. Please I will like you or any other economists here to shed more lights. Thanks for your contributions as I just want to learn something very new.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by dbestuncle: 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2020
U think he stole it for u, person wey need more is talking.
IceLip:
the onces way you steal nkor??
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by MT: 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
Galactico4ever:
More Naira will lead to inflation which will lead to flunctuatio in prices of goods and services

Why cant we say the same of the US?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
I'm not a doomsayer, but I have always imagined that naira will become unacceptable someday as a means of exchange, and if the virus becomes deep rooted in Nigeria, there will be increased crime rate coupled with lawlessness.

1 Like

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by todugo(m): 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2020
THIS MAN WAN MAKE PRICE OF GOODS INFLATE MAD MAN grin grin grin
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by makewetalk2: 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2020
hahahahha
iCauseTrouble:
This Corona Virus dey funny I swear. One woman wey dey sell hand sanitiser for my area don test positive grin
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Amanda4life: 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2020
He is not even talking about feeding the masses, rather he is talking about naira note for him self.selfish
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by AreaFada2: 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
4xplore:

He also forgot that USA has a vast internal market. With near sufficient local petroleum production. That internal market cushions the dollar nicely.

He will remember that is why USA see China as a big threat. As currency swap of Renmibi with other countries' currency or people opting to put foreign reserve partly in Euro too will increasingly reduce world reliance on dollars for trade. But that's still at least some decades away.

Naira is not even traded internationally. You cannot buy Naira at Heathrow, JFK, CdG or any other important international Airport.
Inflation will just finish the already battered masses.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by younowell: 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
MadeInTokyo:
grin grin grin
Mad man
He want to introduce Zimbabwe economics to Nigeria.

Is this how he wants to run our economy if he becomes president

@Zimbabwe economics

2 Likes

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Amanda4life: 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
Did he study naiaralogy.

Economics
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Wettoid123: 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2020
donbachi:
Add ur name here..na men like u.

Aliko dangote later increase it to 1billion
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Beautyaddy: 8:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
Wettoid123:

Aliko dangote later increase it to 1billion

lol!...He ended up doing follow follow cheesy
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by NothingDoMe: 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2020
Masking:
Tinubu might be right.
And I'm quite sure different governments would have resorted to printing cash in critical times.

Liquidity injections that's what its called.

I've always wanted to understand the Economics behind this.

Can someone please explain? Pocohantas?
No. Need to print. Borrow from Nigerians through monetary instruments.

1 Like

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by ajl: 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/coronavirus-print-more-naira-notes-tinubu-tells-fg/

Nigerians are not as productive as Americans for obvious reasons (e.g. lack of electricity, poor infrastructure, etc) and thus inflation would be skyrocket. What would the money? Nigeria's manufactured products or foreign imported products?

1 Like

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Ddy(m): 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
Nigerians behold your next president.

Hahahahhah
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Perkins2018: 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2020
AreaFada2:
Ok. Tinubu now has an economic team at Bourdillon Road.

Sense nor go kee this man. Those bullion van hard currency can later be exchanged at 1,200 to £1, 920 Naira to $1, and 1,060 Naira to one Euro. grin grin
So this is the voodoo economics Tinubu supporters want us to vote for in 2023?

Yet they lambasted and protested when Jonathan wanted us to save money when oil prices were high.
In Niger Delta, the saying goes that na foolish man backyard sense man or cunning man dey die put. grin

Jonathan now looks wey smarter than his detractors. grin

You’ve not moved past this your Jonathan. You don’t even know the merits or demerits of his argument. Just hatred. You should grow up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Realadey(m): 8:40pm On Mar 28, 2020
What of inflation?
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by kunletexs: 8:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
See this man, you no talk when:

Pointing governor sack bike men from some roads.
Your robot no wan address the populace
Crude oil fell to 30$
your poster for 2023 presidency don dey flood the street
PMB clueless to know he needed to closer airport fast before corona come nigeria

BUT
You wan become relevant by address money money should be printed.
As an accountant, I expected your skull to know that inflation set in when more money is printed.

See who is going for president come 2023, giving oponu advice.

Ojuyobo, you didn't give money for abule ado explosion, we know see your name for this one. So what your use as a economic thief. Useless is the word. Go and sit down you are not going to aso rock as president. As par you are a disgrace

1 Like

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by 4xplore: 8:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
MT:

While i wont dismiss what you wrote because like I said , it's not my turf, but your submission raises more questions than it answers. Are you implying that the entire world financial institutions and regulatory bodies have accepted that the US could just print money arbitrarily to save her economy anytime there is a crisis just because the dollars is the defacto global currency. If this is acceptable, then there is no need for the US to want to industrialise the country as they can just snap their fingers and ask the central bank to print more dollars. Infact they should not be in competition with China as they can easily print more dollars. Please I will like you or any other economists here to shed more lights. Thanks for your contributions as I just want to learn something very new.

Again this comes down to supply and demand. The US understand the scope n international value of their currency so there is a limit to which they can keep printing the $$$ but they have far far more leverage than the naira.

Secondly the US as a country is way more self sufficient (they have an internal economy) whereas the naira we print will still have to be exchanged for the $$$ to bring in the supplies we need from overseas.

Just because a well grounded economy decides to overprint does not mean a weak dying economy should follow suit. Overprinting will do us far more harm than good.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/coronavirus-print-more-naira-notes-tinubu-tells-fg/

Why is this man talking rubbish is he also senile like the Lifeless One?

The dollar is legal tender worldwide, every currency is taking a hit against the dollar but the greenback stays solid because they just need to print more and ship it overseas for transactions. Print more naira in this situation and you can just start using it to wipe your ãss, like it happened in Zimbabwe that year.

Instead of a veteran money manager like Tinubu to tell them to scale down the budget (half of which gets stolen as a matter of course) he's talking garbage out of his stinking âsshole. Aaarghh! Nigeria is a hopeless enterprise!

2 Likes

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by otokx(m): 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2020
This man has been talking a lot of late cool

Is all well with him?

3 Likes

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by bizhop01: 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2020
Coronavirus Backyard Criminal Adviser (CBCA)
Tinubu brain always on bullion van.

2 Likes

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2020
rusher14:
Why is it that the badly educated are the first to air their opinion on issues beyond their comprehension on this forum?

America has implemented quantitative easing- printing of more dollars to absorb the effect of Coronavirus on their economy.

If the US can do that, and Nigeria itself bases a lot of its commodities on the value of the dollar, why shouldn't we print more Naira representative of the volume printed of the dollar?

Bruv, read three pages of this thread and I am still shocked and shaking head at how it is terribly ignorant posters hurling the most vitriolic insults. The lack of humility of Nigerians on show here is amazing and scary because it indicates we have a nation full of hateful and 'lynch mob' ignoramuses rather than solutions providers.

What Tinubu is suggesting is a form of financial easing available to Central banks, as one of the last resorts for situation like this, called "Helicopter money".

Even a minute of research would have cured many of there ignorance. Yet once Tinubu speaks many, especially from the SE, just rush blindly to say the opposite and insult Asiwaju.

Many should put aside hate and objectively read the summarized article below specifically about economic stimulus options that can ease the havoc Covid-19 is capable of wreaking.

It will become immediately clear why Asiwaju, far ahead of his peers, should be President and that it is only hate preventing some from seeeing/accepting this. I pity Nigeria and Nigerians sha.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/03/17/coronavirus-how-much-firepower-central-banks-have.html

Monetary policy is not dead and 'helicopter money' is still an option, analysts say
PUBLISHED TUE, MAR 17 2020 10:04 AM EDT
Silvia Amaro

Helicopter money?
However, analysts are also of the opinion that central banks will keep doing more if the coronavirus hurts their economies further.

"Central banks are only just beginning to experiment with their new powers," Erik Jones, professor at Johns Hopkins University, told CNBC via email Tuesday.

"It's not yet over from central banks," Jordan Rochester, a currency analyst at Nomura, told CNBC Tuesday.

"If what they have done is not enough, then the conversation moves onto other forms of unconventional easing from helicopter money to new powers granted to the central banks by governments," he added

Helicopter money refers to a last resort type of monetary stimulus, which involves printing large sums of money and distributing it to the public in order to make them spend more and thus, boost the economy.

Erik Nielsen, chief economist at UniCredit, also said that ultimately central banks can opt to print more money.

"Central banks never lose their firepower. They can print money! The only constrains on central banks' firepower are those imposed by their interpretation of politically acceptable ones and their own assessments of what may work and not work — and all these constrains change over time," he said Tuesday.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji / Leah Sharibu Has Been Killed - Grace Taku, Abducted Aid Worker Says / I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.