Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,029 members, 7,845,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? (32082 Views)

Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / EFCC Returning N11.9M Stolen By RCCG Deacon To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by Originality007: 10:04am On Mar 29, 2020
Join on us live Apostolic faith church

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq7WuLkhELo

1 Like

Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by Nationsdaddy: 10:05am On Mar 29, 2020
24kmagic:
Those who went to church today commited sin by disobeying constituted authority.

And you know where all sinners will go na

Says who, you think the church is the building? Then those that had had online services will also go to hell abi
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by TheChameleon: 10:05am On Mar 29, 2020
grin

Told someone the dire situation we would face in Nigeria if the epidemic gets as widespread as it has in Italy....

She said she's exempted because "she's covered with the blood of Jesus "

I pointed out that coronavirus is a no respecter of anyone considering that Prince Charles, UK Prime Minister, wife of Canadian PM, Harvard chancellor have all gotten it....

She said she's different, that she's a "child of God"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by senatepresido: 10:07am On Mar 29, 2020
Homeboiy:
I no first de go

I'm following live mass on ITV

Catholic church at ugbowo

I have my catholic missal App
This your first statement off me grin
How B side na
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by Bennycollins: 10:07am On Mar 29, 2020
How does staying away from gathering as directed by the govt translate to denying Christ? I thought even the Bible teaches loyalty to the government and the law of the land, if such law is not sinful?
Jokerman:
Yes I went

Coronavirus cannot make me deny Christ, moreso that the Antichrist isn't even revealed yet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by ersonleads(m): 10:07am On Mar 29, 2020
OtemAtum:
Even Jehovah is scared of attending church at this period of time grin
Be very careful. You are too small a being to make such statement of the Almighty.you didn't create urself, neither the air you breath(still a mistery) or the
hand u are using to type that rubbish. Repent!

1 Like

Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by Monaco2(m): 10:08am On Mar 29, 2020
spiralwedge:

That's not a church

Wat is it then?!?
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by CoronaVirusPros: 10:08am On Mar 29, 2020
[s]
helinues:
It's going to 1 month now Pope stopped attending mass.

Mosques have been closed in Saudi Arabia.

Meanwhile, holy ghost is on vacation in Saturn.
[/s]
yeroba Muslims are not real yerobas but immigrants from futa jalon that settled in South West

1 Like

Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by socialmediaman: 10:08am On Mar 29, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
I am going to church for sure
Already charging my phone and Bluetooth speaker..also brushing my teeth and washing my face..ready to stream online
Alleluia, the gates of hell shall not prevail cheesy

It’s not something you can do from home?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/03/12/pandemic-parade-flu-coronavirus/%3foutputType=amp
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by OtemAtum: 10:09am On Mar 29, 2020
ersonleads:
Be very careful. You are too small a being to make such statement of the Almighty.you didn't create urself, neither the air you breath(still a mistery) or the
hand u are using to type that rubbish. Repent!
No I'm not too small. I am a god myself, greater than Jehovah your god. As a matter of fact, I know the CREATOR of Jehovah your god. I know where your god is currently- in a spiritual cage. Read the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY for full information.
.https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos/92
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by ikorodureporta: 10:10am On Mar 29, 2020
If u see as my neighbors full street dey gist like sayna election day cheesy
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by julybaba(m): 10:12am On Mar 29, 2020
vioment:
I park well for house.

Thank God I don't have to sign a secret cult agreement to comment on this topic.

To God be the glory. I pray some ailing mods won't introduce it
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by spiralwedge(m): 10:12am On Mar 29, 2020
Monaco2:

Wat is it then?!?

Coded Shrine
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by LovesAllah: 10:12am On Mar 29, 2020
The Mods changed my username against my wish

Thandiubani:
By Alexander Thandi Ubani

[s]Popular Islamic cleric, Imam Tawhidi aka Imam of Peace on Friday called President Muhammadu Buhari the dumbest president to ever rule Nigeria. His annoyance could be traced to Buhari's epic blunder on national television while addressing the nation on the coronavirus pandemic where he couldn't pronounce the name of the disease that has crippled nations and killed thousands of people all over the world. Instead of COVID-19 as it is known, Buhari called it COVIK 1-9.

Angry that a president of a country could be that doltish, Imam Tawhidi dragged Buhari like a faulty generator on Twitter - it was really that bad. So bad, that one of Buhari's aides had to lie that Imam Tawhidi blocked him just for him to evade questions put to him by worried Nigerians who were concerned how the President's miscalculations had brought the country global humiliation.

The issue which was resurrected on Twitter on Friday really caused a social media storm with Buhari and his supporters totally drubbed and silenced by missiles from Imam Tawhidi. Nigerians who had longed stomached Buhari's incompetence latched on the trend to pour vituperations on the president, his supporters and members of the ruling party.

Imam Tawhidi called out Buhari over his failure to address Nigerians on coronavirus outbreak. He also lambasted Buhari over his poor handling of terrorism in Nigeria after Boko Haram terrorists some days ago killed over 40 soldiers. He called Buhari's tactics of releasing thousands of terrorists 'foolish', as he emphasized that these same terrorists that are released, travel abroad and return to kill more Nigerians and security operatives.

Of course, Buhari brought this upon himself. Listening to Buhari speak is enough to convince you that he's a man at war with intelligence, himself, age, time and everything. A man who has taken a task far beyond his scope of understanding. Academically unsound, he speaks like someone who never passed through the four walls of a school. Even if these points are to be excused, his lack of wit and discernment when it comes to national and global issues are legendary pointers to his imprudence.

As the world is dragged on its knees by the deadly coronavirus virus which has established itself as a notorious global killer, ripping states, countries and continents apart with unbelievable easy, it sounds unthinkable that a world leader and president of a country like Buhari has not made it a point of duty to know what's going on around him; to know about this deadly killer disease especially for the fact that he's more at risk because of his hobby to gallivant the globe at any given excuse.

Buhari on March 22nd made a historic blunder on national television by pronouncing COVID-19 as COVIK 1-9. His handlers passed it off as another of his junk trademark. But, they were wrong.

Such an unforgivable blunder goes beyond mere speaking, it tells of a man totally disconnected from the events around him. It tells of a man who is not aware of his environment, a man detached from the rest of the world. It speaks of a man who is forgetful of his world, remoted and suffering from acute amnesia. It tells of a man tired of the burden of leadership imposed on him by those who stood to gain as far as he continues to stay in power. It speaks of a tired man secretly wishing to elope from his current position, but cowered by the wishes and caprices of power-hungry fellas controlling him.

It is a shame that a man who leads the most populous nation in Africa could be unaware of a disease that has crippled nations. Such ineptitude shows the level of decadence that has corrupted the highest level of leadership in Nigeria. As dump as such an act could be, it shows Buhari as a leader who is cluelessly paddling the boat of his country to an unknown destination. Even after such a ridiculous blunder, his aides who should have been sacked for making the president look stupid, went to market to insult those frowning at the blunder. Exactly the same script they keep playing anytime the President ridicules himself. I even wonder if the President enjoys acting the fool for his aides. It is inexcusable that Buhari doesn't know the name of the deadly disease killing his people and he calls himself President of Nigeria. It shows clearly that he doesn't care.

That's why you do not need to look far to know why Imam of Peace, Imam Tawhidi took Buhari and his supporters to the cleaners. He soaked, washed, dried and spread them on the hanger like a new dress. He called Buhari the dumbest person in Nigeria for not knowing the name of the disease that has killed thousands and infected over 300,000 people all over the world. A disease that has forced countries to lock borders, economies crashing and people forced to stay at home. How could he lock down the country, order civil servants to stay at home and even his chief of staff tested positive for the virus yet he knows not about the disease let alone its name. The only explanation is that the president is not the president.

It is quite clear that Buhari by himself, decided to become a global laughing stock, a thing of caricature and entertainment for the international audience through his clueless acts.

Like the Imam said, truth has no nationality. If we do not tell Buhari the truth about the lies he has been fed, he might die an unhappy man who had intentions of changing his country but was denied the opportunity by the hawks he surrounded himself with. Just the same way they have been lying for years now that Boko Haram has been defeated. Yet, the same people you defeated have been killing soldiers as if they are baits used for hunting practice. The same way he deceived Nigerians by lying that he has removed oil subsidy whereas his government secretly pays same subsidy he swore had been removed. It is obvious Buhari is not one of us. What they have given him, I can't say, but he is totally in a world of his own - high on a cheap weed that disconnects him from present realities. It is quite sad that the president's handlers have once again found another opportunity to ridicule him on the global stage. What a pity!

Alexander Thandi Ubani is a journalist.
He writes from Lagos.
thandiubani@yahoo.com

Source: https://www.tori.ng/news/143926/covik-19-the-day-an-islamic-cleric-dragged-buhari.html[/s]
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by Homeboiy: 10:13am On Mar 29, 2020
senatepresido:

This your first statement off me grin
How B side na

The town dry
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by bigtt76(f): 10:13am On Mar 29, 2020
Church here - https://www.facebook.com/lcimorningstarcathedral/videos/2468920609876888/ kiss

shugaboy6102:
Good day people. With the recent spread of covid19 and the measures taken by the government taken to limit public gathering to a minimum, who is willing to go to church today?

We had to cancel our services for today late last night because many of the members are already scared of the covid19.

My advice, please stay @ home and don't try to form James bond so that you don't endanger your self and your family. I strongly believe that this season of darkness shall pass.

Happy Sunday everyone
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:13am On Mar 29, 2020
BabyApple:
Please I need a job or Mini bus to work at oyingbo to Yaba. I have 3 years valid driver's license I can also work as a driver. I stay around ebute metta Lagos mainland. I am open to do any other work beside driving.
Please hit me up after this pandemic ish is over.
It is well my brother
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by Maxxim: 10:13am On Mar 29, 2020
OtemAtum:
I have freedom of speech and by the way, I'm greater than Jehovah who is currently in a spiritual cage.
Must you keep playing this your show stupidity??

1 Like

Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by starlingbawa(m): 10:13am On Mar 29, 2020
To do just what if I may ask

1 Like

Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by Mpanyi: 10:14am On Mar 29, 2020
helinues:
It's going to 1 month now Pope stopped attending mass.

Mosques have been closed in Saudi Arabia.

Meanwhile, holy ghost is on vacation in Saturn.

Say what you know. Pope may have stopped public Mass but not personal mass. Every priest, including the Poor, has obligation to say mass everyday.
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by Lilymatty(f): 10:15am On Mar 29, 2020
Bacteriologist:
If you're in church right now or still going later.

Then you're irresponsible, ignorant and you're going to get people, including yourself killed.
Serve god in your house will not kill you, or kill god. Or stop you from going to heaven.

The virus does not spread by itself. PEOPLE spread it. That's why we advice social distancing. We really don't care when you people still insist on congregating together under one roof doing what nots at this perilous time.

The problem is you're going to put the sensible ones in trouble with your lunacy. PEOPLE are going to DIE if this gets out of hand -if it hasn't already.

Stay at home. Avoid the crowd. That's how we can contain this virus. There's no vaccine or cure yet. Have mercy on the elderly and immunologically compromised.

Do you seriously think yourself more religious than Italy, Spain, US or Germany?
You have said it all. Let he who has ears listen shocked
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by SLAP44: 10:16am On Mar 29, 2020
Of course yes. Will go again next Sunday
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by ersonleads(m): 10:17am On Mar 29, 2020
OtemAtum:
No I'm not too small. I am a god myself, greater than Jehovah your god. As a matter of fact, I know the CREATOR of Jehovah your god. I know where your god is currently- in a spiritual cage. Read the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY for full information.
.https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos/92
you are god in ur foolishness....... may your kind be cast in a lake of hell. & beside, I've never seen a self claimed god commenting on nairaland. may you be condemned in your foolishness!! Amen!
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by OtemAtum: 10:19am On Mar 29, 2020
ersonleads:
you are god in ur foolishness....... may your kind be cast in a lake of hell. & beside, I've never seen a self claimed god commenting on nairaland. may you be condemned in your foolishness!! Amen!
Now you have seen a god commenting on nairaland. New things happen everyday. May the LIGHT OF GOD which created Jehovah your God reveal the truth to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by semyman: 10:19am On Mar 29, 2020
They should just pay their tithes and offerings online, that is the bottom line.
Those pastorpreneurs give no hoot about their wellbeing

1 Like

Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by Monaco2(m): 10:19am On Mar 29, 2020
spiralwedge:

Coded Shrine

How
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by SweetCunt97(f): 10:21am On Mar 29, 2020
My house is my church for now
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by Mekanus(m): 10:21am On Mar 29, 2020
OtemAtum:
Even Jehovah is scared of attending church at this period of time grin
I heard the nigga is already quarantined in heaven grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by Swingate(m): 10:21am On Mar 29, 2020
This whole stuff is just like a joke in Lagos State, if you want to shut down the state just do it fully so it will end fast. This partial lockdown of a thing is not working.
See children playing street football, yesterday people crowded to get rice for free.. Who are we kidding?

2 Likes

Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by Seetto: 10:22am On Mar 29, 2020
Go to church and catch Corona, those miracle pastors self go run away from you.

1 Like

Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by ProfChris10(m): 10:22am On Mar 29, 2020
I'm back from church, it was just about 17 people per service. We closed at about 9:30am. I was in the 6th service. It just lasted about 15 minutes to 20 minutes per service. A church close by was arrested due to much population, the law currently in Benin City is 20 persons per service.
Re: Did You Go To Church Today Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic? by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 10:23am On Mar 29, 2020
My mum and sister did. It didn't last for 45 minutes. And they said they were spaced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Juanita Bynum Charges Members $1,499 To Teach Them How To Pray / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, It Is Not Nimrod We Celebrate On Christmas Day / Christain Song Lyrics Library.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.