Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria (66124 Views)

COVID-19: Boss Mustpha Says This Is The Right Time To Lockdown / Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion / How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
This lockdown is supposed to stop the spread of this virus. This would have been the case in a developed country. Where the entire country could be disinfected during the lockdown, people are provided with food and shelter etc.

But the the reverse will most likely be the case in Nigeria. Here are 5 things Nigeria will most likely achieve with the lockdown.

1) basic esentials will be on the rice.

2) more jobs will be lost

3) Nigerians will become poorer

4) crime will increase

5) more Nigerians will die from other diseases like High Blood pressure, depression, malnutrition etc due to lack of access healthcare and emergency response.

At some point violence and lawlessness will have a field day and people wont even care anymore if they are infected or not . This will lead to a wider spread.

191 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 30, 2020
OP. I really buy your idea. Its time to rob these fuckas.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by proudevil: 1:33am On Mar 30, 2020
Op.. prophet of doom.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 4:46am On Mar 30, 2020
proudevil:
Op.. prophet of doom.

Do you need a prophet to tell you that the person that pushes Barrow in the market or the one that hawk, the bus driver, conductors etc will need to be on the streets to survive?

394 Likes 30 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:03am On Mar 30, 2020
It's real some people cannot afford to drink more than Garri this season.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by SweetJoystick(m): 5:04am On Mar 30, 2020
Rise not rice

163 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by SweetJoystick(m): 5:05am On Mar 30, 2020
mekaboy:

1) basic esentials will be on the rice.
E be like say this staple food dey hungry you angry

190 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by helinues: 5:14am On Mar 30, 2020
Are those things you listed not happening in other countries?

basic esentials will be on the rice beans

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by viccipedia: 5:48am On Mar 30, 2020
Perhaps it’s the spark you need. The status quo has been maintained for too long.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by alizma: 5:49am On Mar 30, 2020
More babies will be born after 9 months. Don't ask me how.

194 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Exmilitant(m): 5:55am On Mar 30, 2020
I doubt your gloomy prediction OP, trust Nigerians we are going to contain the virus so well that the rest of the world will be awestruck. Trust Naija. By April we shall be free of covid-19. Just belief.

305 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Area4Area: 6:30am On Mar 30, 2020
Exmilitant:
I doubt your gloomy prediction OP, trust Nigerians we are going to contain the virus so well that the rest of the world will be awestruck. Trust Naija. By April we shall be free of covid-19. Just belief.
You're wasting your time trying to convince haters of Nigeria, people who wish Nigeria should be having a million cases and say 100,000 dead so that they can insult Nigeria, Buhari and Tinubu. They don't even care if they and their families would be affected too

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 30, 2020
Maybe OP sounds pessimistic, however there's a high possibility in the write up. I don't think we need octopus Paul to predict that.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Charleys: 7:48am On Mar 30, 2020
By next week, we will start flouting the order.

17 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Gandollaar(f): 7:51am On Mar 30, 2020
mekaboy:

Do you need a prophet to tell you that the person that pushes Barrow in the market or the one that hawk, the bus driver, conductors etc will need to be on the streets to survive?
The moniker you quoted says " proudevil". You shouldn't have bothered

7 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Gandollaar(f): 7:54am On Mar 30, 2020
Area4Area:
You're wasting your time trying to convince haters of Nigeria, people who wish Nigeria should be having a million cases and say 100,000 dead so that they can insult Nigeria, Buhari and Tinubu. They don't even care if they and their families would be affected too
This is a very useless position you have taken in the face of current realities.

E no go better for all those that turned my fellow countrymen Zombies.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Gandollaar(f): 7:57am On Mar 30, 2020
helinues:
Are those things you listed not happening in other countries?

Hian!! Helinues Bobo nice! So you are same one correcting grammatical errors on NL?? grin

Shege kafasa Covik one nine kowai! grin

Allah be pressed!

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by hedonister: 8:51am On Mar 30, 2020
These things are inevitable. But it's rather that than millions of death. The economy can always recover and jobs restores. But human life once lost cannot be restored.

Take a look at how Enugu streets are empty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvx0o8oy-cE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by omoadeleye(m): 8:51am On Mar 30, 2020
You kinda right thou
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Slawormir: 8:51am On Mar 30, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Isoright
Last las
We all go dey alright
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Eriggs: 8:51am On Mar 30, 2020
....... (4) crime will increase
and the criminals will be shot dead instantly. Simple!
You can't come and be threatening us with crimes and armed-robbers when the FG is making sure to protect your life.

jolyment:
Jungle justice for criminals.
In this case, I Concur

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by AmazingELixir: 8:51am On Mar 30, 2020
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Chai awa population go soon increase ehhh....there will be toomuch sex this period.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by philips007(m): 8:51am On Mar 30, 2020
Ok
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by kingsleybrave(m): 8:51am On Mar 30, 2020
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by franchuks(m): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2020
It's well
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by iammo(m): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2020
undecided

crime has already increased, my cousin's house got robbed over night, and he and his wife were tied outside nakedly while they took everything in the house including electronics and apliances, they took raw food, their phones and their other cloths, neighbors had to get them cloth before they could head to the station to make a report

Even OPC guys guarding my area have being trying to resign we keep begging them with money

I pray all this corona virus nightmare ends soon

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Hypocrit: 8:52am On Mar 30, 2020
The post viral effect would be gnashing. By then, many people will already be out of business, as they must have consume their profits together with their sales; some would have consume the goods itself (expecially those that sell consumables). collateral will be lost as loans will go unpaid. Workers will be retrenched massively which will further increase the unemployment level in the country. suicide might be bliss to some (but i pray it never get to that stage). Inflation we are witnessing now will be childs play. The drastic drop in the price of oil and the lack of buyers will likely increase the likelihood of these events. It is really going to take sometimes for Nigeria to recover from these post effect, but the scars will be there. I really wish none of these happen and it should only end in my imagination.

14 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by RichDad1(m): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2020
Inflation
Recession
High cost of living
Increased poverty
These things are common knowledge because of the economic uncertainties lurking ahead.
It’s like saying there’s going to be famine during a war. It’s inevitable.

Brace Yourself

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Imperare(f): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2020
Keep your negative opinions to yourself.

I see;
Nigerians developing their skills,
Learning new skills
Time to think/meditate about ones life: see your failures and be a better version of yourself.
More time for yourself and your maker.
A break from the activities of life.
Time to strengthen your religious belief / faith.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Eriggs: 8:53am On Mar 30, 2020
hedonister:
These things are inevitable. But it's rather that than millions of death. The economy can always recover and jobs restores. But human life once lost cannot be restored.
I concur. The number 4 is about to start happening in some European countries already.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Ayoefa: 8:53am On Mar 30, 2020
Guess work.

basic esentials will be on the rice.

2) more jobs will be lost

3) Nigerians will become poorer

4) crime will increase

5) more Nigerians will die from other diseases like High Blood pressure, depression, malnutrition etc due to lack of access healthcare and emergency response.

Everything you posted are what is going on in all other countries around the world. Except that crime rate is going down in Nigeria and others too.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tembu Ebere 'Goes Blind' During Bizarre Attempt To Break 'GWR' Crying For 7 Days / 10 Surprising Facts About Breasts You May Have Missed / Please Help Diagnose This Scalp Disease (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.