Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,563 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria (66165 Views)

COVID-19: Boss Mustpha Says This Is The Right Time To Lockdown / Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion / How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by SharpJoe: 10:10am On Mar 30, 2020
klark3:

Must government provide everything?
Anyone supplying food will not give the profit to govt and it his in their best interest to at least get what they need to sustain their business at this point. It is like that all over. If you can't get what u need to run your business now, suspend the business, others who got what it takes to run it will do. Govt has stated his own part to ensure strict compliance to safety guidelines to those they will be coming in and out of restricted states to supply food.

No one said government should provide everything. We are saying they should take steps because responsibility falls in their hands. If it is to loot money, from tax to revenue, it is their responsibility to eat. Not to use the money to provide for the people. See talk.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by ciencee(m): 10:11am On Mar 30, 2020
Exmilitant:
I doubt your gloomy prediction OP, trust Nigerians we are going to contain the virus so well that the rest of the world will be awestruck. Trust Naija. By April we shall be free of covid-19. Just belief.
I believe you, the Virus will be contained in NIGERIA in such a way that the whole world will be so envious as to how we did/managed it.
Those white oyibo them; they go drink their medicine by them self.
They wan push the drug come Africa, come invent drug they sell for us @ an exeurbitan prices.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by klark3: 10:12am On Mar 30, 2020
SharpJoe:

Where Did I encourage no movement. I talked about looking into keeping the essentials flowing. You agreed with me and talking upside down again.

Keep essentials flowing. Simple using strict healthy guidelines which require safety supplies.

Social distancing means nothing without testing and isolating infected ones.
U are the one talking upside down
Where did govt restricted flow of essential goods in his speech??
I referred u to read the president speech earlier.
He never restricted the flow of essential goods.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by deltateam: 10:14am On Mar 30, 2020
skywalker240:
Pure truth. Last week in the middle of the night some mofos broked into a resturant belonging my freinds mum, and they carted away with pot of soups, fufus, starch, and foodstuffs. This is getting real, i pray this thing leaves before it gets out of hand.

Are you imagining your new skit?
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by klark3: 10:17am On Mar 30, 2020
SharpJoe:

No one said government should provide everything. We are saying they should take steps because responsibility falls in their hands. If it is to loot money, from tax to revenue, it is their responsibility to eat. Not to use the money tk provide for the people. See talk.
That is the step they are taking & it is like that all over. Ghana is lock down, likewise all other countries. But because u people can never be satisfied u will never see the step they are taking. Canada has been on lock down for two weeks, govt only announced the lock down, nothing else, my bro is there & gives me first hand info. I agree our govt are very corrupt no doubt, but u see we Nigerians, no one can ever please us.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by SharpJoe: 10:17am On Mar 30, 2020
klark3:

U are the one talking upside down
Where did govt restricted flow of essential goods in his speech??
I referred u to read the president speech earlier.
He never restricted the flow of essential goods.

My friend read before arguing. I said in other States, they are stopping stores and restaurants from operating. You read it. Stop twisting the message is not meant for presidency alone.

As for the presidency, they have a lot to do to maintain essential supplies, which include providing safety kits for them. Is this too hard to comprehend?
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Lamanii22(f): 10:17am On Mar 30, 2020
Naughtysite:
It's real some people cannot afford to drink more than Garri this season.

If they can even afford the garri
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by SharpJoe: 10:18am On Mar 30, 2020
klark3:

That is the step they are taking & it is like that all over. Ghana is lock down, likewise all other countries. But because u people can never be satisfied u will never see the step they are taking. Canada has been on lock down for two weeks, govt only announced the lock down, nothing else, my bro is there & gives me first hand info. I agree our govt are very corrupt no doubt, but u see we Nigerians, no one can ever please us.

Canada provided a billion dollars (over 400 billion) for intervention and relief. Not just lockdown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by enomakos(m): 10:18am On Mar 30, 2020
iammo:
undecided

crime has already increased, my cousin's house got robbed over night, and he and his wife were tied outside nakedly while they took everything in the house including electronics and apliances, they took raw food, their phones and their other cloths, neighbors had to get them cloth before they could head to the station to make a report

Even OPC guys guarding my area have being trying to resign we keep begging them with money

I pray all this corona virus nightmare ends soon

sad
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by deltateam: 10:19am On Mar 30, 2020
ezenwajosh:
When you say the truth....a common sense analysis based on the current scenario

They will attack you

When it start happening they start calling god for help....jumping from one celebrity page to another to bag for help

But someone said it Earlier that these things are likely to happen you said to OH SHUT UP YOU HATE NIGERIA THAT'S WHY YOU'RE PREDICTING RUBBISH

OH IT WILL ONLY HAPPEN TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

And when you look at those people attacking you they are northerns....the region most likely to die of malnutrition and region with high tendency of violence....

IGBO SHOPS WILL BE LOOTED IN THE NORTH THERE'S NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT

I WILL GET BANNED FOT SAYING BUT I WON'T STOP SPEAKING THE TRUTH UNTIL YOU ALL GETS CURED OF YOUR STUPUDITY

Nobody will ban you. Truth is like bitter leaf but yet medicinal.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 30, 2020
Exactly. This can’t work in Nigeria. Too many people make their money on a day to day basis and most Nigeria’s do not have enough savings to last 2 weeks without work. We have a leadership that don’t think deeply at all.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by klark3: 10:21am On Mar 30, 2020
SharpJoe:

My friend read before arguing. I said in other States, they are stopping stores and restaurants from operating. You read it. Stop twisting the message is not meant for presidency alone.

As for the presidency, they have a lot to do to maintain essential supplies, which include providing safety kits for them. Is this too hard to comprehend?
What concerns me & other states?
I am only making reference to yesterday's mr president speech on lock down. If one local govt in kano decides to close all shops, that is their concern. If at this critical stage we don't learn how to use our head, then it is quite unfortunate! Can the President be everywhere at the same time? He has given directive, if we follow it like normal humans should do, I foresee no problems.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by klark3: 10:23am On Mar 30, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Exactly. This can’t work in Nigeria. Too many people make their money on a day to day basis and most Nigeria’s do not have enough savings to last 2 weeks without work. We have a leadership that don’t think deeply at all.
What do u want them to do??
Explain here what u would have done differently
Can't u see the world is helpless?
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by SharpJoe: 10:25am On Mar 30, 2020
klark3:

What concerns me & other states?
I am only making reference to yesterday's mr president speech on lock down. If one local govt in kano decides to close all shops, that is their concern. If at this critical stage we don't learn how to use our head, then it is quite unfortunate! Can the President be everywhere at the same time? He has given directive, if we follow it like normal humans should do, I foresee no problems.

So stay in your lane if your priority lies in what the President says and what affects the day to day activities of Nigerians.

You just read comment and started jumping up and down.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by deltateam: 10:25am On Mar 30, 2020
mekaboy:

How much can one save from 18k or 30k minimum wage in a month? That's for those that have jobs.

Hmm. No savings but if its regular atleast you get to eat while looking for better job.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by skywalker240(m): 10:28am On Mar 30, 2020
deltateam:

Are you imagining your new skit?
you're too young for this.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by ogenwaokoye(m): 10:29am On Mar 30, 2020
[quote author=mekaboy post=87908296]

Do you need a prophet to tell you that the person that pushes Barrow in the market or the one that hawk, the bus driver, conductors etc will need to be on the streets to survive? you are absolutely correct
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 30, 2020
klark3:

What do u want them to do??
Explain here what u would have done differently
Can't u see the world is helpless?
compensate those that you are asking to give up their livelihood and sit at home somehow or let everyone go about their business and you increase the rate of testing and response to the virus spread.

I feel this order to sit at home will cause more harm than good. America understands this that’s why they just passed a 2 trillion dollar spending bill to compensate their citizens during the lockdown. And their workforce is not nearly as manual as ours.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by ogenwaokoye(m): 10:33am On Mar 30, 2020
[quote author=Naughtysite post=87908414] so sad
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by klark3: 10:34am On Mar 30, 2020
SharpJoe:

So stay in your lane if your priority lies in what the President says and what affects the day to day activities of Nigerians.

You just read comment and started jumping up and down.
Stop looking for avenue to blame govt all the time. America that usually send aids & help to our dead nation is already helpless & battling with the virus, building mobile mortuary. If our case should get to their level, do u know the level of damage this will cost Nigeria? We already know the country is dead, this is no time to apportion blames but to fight a common enemy. The govt is trying to prevent this by implementing lock down & u are making noise. Money can solve hunger, people can do give away to fight hunger as time goes on, but money can't solve the spread of this deadly & highly contagious virus. Stay at home!
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 30, 2020
proudevil:
Op.. prophet of doom.

So many children on nairaland
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by proudevil: 10:42am On Mar 30, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

So many children on nairaland
kid mentioning someone old enough to be his father.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by NosaHenry(m): 10:45am On Mar 30, 2020
mekaboy:
This lockdown is supposed to stop the spread of this virus. This would have been the case in a developed country. Where the entire country could be disinfected during the lockdown, people are provided with food and shelter etc.

But the the reverse will most likely be the case in Nigeria. Here are 5 things Nigeria will most likely achieve with the lockdown.

1) basic esentials will be on the rice.

2) more jobs will be lost

3) Nigerians will become poorer

4) crime will increase

5) more Nigerians will die from other diseases like High Blood pressure, depression, malnutrition etc due to lack of access healthcare and emergency response.

At some point violence and lawlessness will have a field day and people wont even care anymore if they are infected or not . This will lead to a wider spread.
Its very obvious you have a pessimistic world view. I see a better Nigeria with the virus contained.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by klark3: 10:48am On Mar 30, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
compensate those that you are asking to give up their livelihood and sit at home somehow or let everyone go about their business and you increase the rate of testing and response to the virus spread.

I feel this order to sit at home will cause more harm than good. America understands this that’s why they just passed a 2 trillion dollar spending bill to compensate their citizens during the lockdown. And their workforce is not nearly as manual as ours.
The bold is out of it.
U really have no idea how contagious the virus is.
Even if govt will provide relief measures, they first need to announce this lock down, it is the best any govt can do. With time relief measures will come. Money can solve hunger, but money can't solve the spread of this virus.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Asour: 10:51am On Mar 30, 2020
kingsleybrave:

So they don't save for raining days

There are some who are reckless. But many can't save because The cost of living hardly allows (e.g. Lagos).
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 10:51am On Mar 30, 2020
klark3:

Stop looking for avenue to blame govt all the time. America that usually send aids & help to our dead nation is already helpless & battling with the virus, building mobile mortuary. If our case should get to their level, do u know the level of damage this will cost Nigeria? We already know the country is dead, this is no time to apportion blames but to fight a common enemy. The govt is trying to prevent this by implementing lock down & u are making noise. Money can solve hunger, people can do give away to fight hunger as time goes on, but money can't solve the spread of this deadly & highly contagious virus. Stay at home!

Money can stop the spread. Many people cant even afford masks and sanitizer. Many dont even take their bath because there is no water and soap. How can people maintain hygiene without money? Look at the number of people that came out to share food donated by lagos state. Money can keep people in doors. Has the government allowances and salaries stopped coming? But you ask the average person who earns living from the street to stay home with no income?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 10:54am On Mar 30, 2020
NosaHenry:

Its very obvious you have a pessimistic world view. I see a better Nigeria with the virus contained.

I see a Nigeria with 24 hours water and power supply . I see a Nigeria with free healthcare for all. I see a Nigeria with single less than 5% unemployment rate. I see a Nigeria without election rigging or violence. Oya let's continue seeing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Orpe7(m): 10:57am On Mar 30, 2020
mekaboy:

Do you need a prophet to tell you that the person that pushes Barrow in the market or the one that hawk, the bus driver, conductors etc will need to be on the streets to survive?

U think less of this people
Some of this people have savings more than your average suit N Tie worker
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by SharpJoe: 11:06am On Mar 30, 2020
klark3:

No body is blaming the government. Maybe that is why your defensive instincts are tingling. I am proposing a better solution for the best of everyone, including the government.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by SmartyPants(m): 11:12am On Mar 30, 2020
Imperare:
Keep your negative opinions to yourself.

I see;
Nigerians developing their skills,
Learning new skills
Time to think/meditate about ones life: see your failures and be a better version of yourself.
More time for yourself and your maker.
A break from the activities of life.
Time to strengthen your religious belief / faith.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one

My dear, a prudent man foreseeth evil and hideth himself. Dark days are coming.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by raphy(m): 11:20am On Mar 30, 2020
all this things Mr poster Mr poster said is already happening and lock down will.make I worst.

if u like make u sit down and wait.for government to put food on ur table.

stay safe.
don't.be lazy

am.still a naira land living legend .
father i thank you..many years here and learning everyday.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? / "narun" Is Killing My Skin Pls What's The Cure To It? / 10 Surprising Facts About Breasts You May Have Missed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.