Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,511 members, 7,823,192 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria (66159 Views)

COVID-19: Boss Mustpha Says This Is The Right Time To Lockdown / Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion / How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 30, 2020
proudevil:
kid mentioning someone old enough to be his father.

I see, old man reasoning like a kid.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by canDy4eva(f): 11:29am On Mar 30, 2020
Exmilitant:
I doubt your gloomy prediction OP, trust Nigerians we are going to contain the virus so well that the rest of the world will be awestruck. Trust Naija. By April we shall be free of covid-19. Just belief.

Not by our power o....

By strength shall no man prevail!
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by peacefulhome(f): 11:39am On Mar 30, 2020
Am very much concern about my pregnant friend in my area. She is close to her Edd and all this it happening.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 30, 2020
klark3:

The bold is out of it.
U really have no idea how contagious the virus is.
Even if govt will provide relief measures, they first need to announce this lock down, it is the best any govt can do. With time relief measures will come. Money can solve hunger, but money can't solve the spread of this virus.
I know how contagious it is. I also know that we have to balance the risk posed by the virus with the risk of economic devastation and death that a national shut down without any form of relief or economic stimulus will bring on this country.

I have no confidence that this government has an effective plan for this. No be naija government again? Buhari just announced this shut down haphazardly because people were dragging him on social media for doing nothing.

What’s the plan for two week shut down in terms of containing the virus sef? Is it just to siddon look and hope it goes away or have they made arrangements for ramped up testing, treatment and disinfecting public spaces?? Baba let’s not talk like we don’t know the useless country we are living in.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by richard870(m): 11:48am On Mar 30, 2020
SweetJoystick:
Rise not rice
@Op was probably hungry when he created the thread.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 30, 2020
klark3:

If not well manage it will kill billions in Nigeria!
World powers like USA are shutting down because of corona virus, u are talking about Nigeria??

Please explain the workings you used to arrive at that figure. It is very easy to open one's mouth and spew whatever comes to one's mind.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by dominion001(m): 12:00pm On Mar 30, 2020
shocked op no talk the main thing �

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Dreyton36: 12:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Stainless VK12 for rent
If you know you know
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Truthbites: 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
NIGERIAN silly governortorial and government copying the abroad. Can you imagine? E never start, we don de hungry, no savings, no money nothing
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by miniziter(m): 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
6. People will believe there's God.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by tomju(m): 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
mekaboy:
This lockdown is supposed to stop the spread of this virus. This would have been the case in a developed country. Where the entire country could be disinfected during the lockdown, people are provided with food and shelter etc.

But the the reverse will most likely be the case in Nigeria. Here are 5 things Nigeria will most likely achieve with the lockdown.

1) basic esentials will be on the rice.(no be only rice na beans....I can see like food)

2) more jobs will be lost

3) Nigerians will become poorer

4) crime will increase

5) more Nigerians will die from other diseases like High Blood pressure, depression, malnutrition etc due to lack of access healthcare and emergency response.

At some point violence and lawlessness will have a field day and people wont even care anymore if they are infected or not . This will lead to a wider spread.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Budline1(m): 1:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
Imperare:
Keep your negative opinions to yourself.

I see;
Nigerians developing their skills,
Learning new skills
Time to think/meditate about ones life: see your failures and be a better version of yourself.
More time for yourself and your maker.
A break from the activities of life.
Time to strengthen your religious belief / faith.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one

Your location says that you are in Chicago, op is talking about Nigeria, let only those in Nigeria voice their opinions about this pls.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Budline1(m): 1:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
SweetCunt97:
You didn't mention getting fatter... Already getting fat here.. Lawd eep me

Don't worry about getting fat. I hope you have enough foodstuffs at home, else the upcoming hunger will take care of that for you. You go turn lepa than how u used to be sef... grin
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Budline1(m): 1:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
BB9ja007:
I guess u don’t know the prise of garri now. Garri is gradually becoming food for d rich

Damn! O ga oo
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by mixratio(m): 1:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
[quote author=Exmilitant post=87908821]I doubt your gloomy prediction OP, trust Nigerians we are going to contain the virus so well that the rest of the world will be awestruck. Trust Naija. By April we shall be free of covid-19. Just belief.[/quote

Very sensible post. God bless you.
Just so you know, my "like" on your post was no 250.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by mixratio(m): 1:21pm On Mar 30, 2020
Op, your own cup is obviously half empty.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by yahmohy27: 1:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
alizma:
More babies will be born after 9 months. Don't ask me how.
You spoken my mind,sir .
This is a Pure truth
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by yahmohy27: 1:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
Exmilitant:
I doubt your gloomy prediction OP, trust Nigerians we are going to contain the virus so well that the rest of the world will be awestruck. Trust Naija. By April we shall be free of covid-19. Just belief.
Yes,by His grace so shall it be
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Etinosa1234: 1:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
Op ..it's clearly obvious that u are a pessimist
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by SweetCunt97(f): 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
Budline1:

Don't worry about getting fat. I hope you have enough foodstuffs at home, else the upcoming hunger will take care of that for you. You go turn lepa than how u used to be sef... grin
Well, as long as I got family, I can't suffer for hunger.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by CeCeEkol(f): 2:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
Exmilitant:
i seriously want to believe you. Am so sad and depressed, this lockdown is not funny. God should just come to aid.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by techliteup: 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
alizma:
More babies will be born after 9 months. Don't ask me how.
Lol how?
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by techliteup: 2:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
miniziter:
6. People will believe there's God.
U way know
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by alizma: 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
techliteup:

Lol how?
I said don't ask me how. Since you no dey hear word, elders will address your matter

Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Legendguru: 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
Really
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by GoldHorse(m): 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
Plenty Belle nko?
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Superjazz: 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
ayobamiJR:
OP. I really buy your idea. Its time to rob these fuckas.
May u contact Corona virus and chronic desease b4 u carry out your evil acts, may your children future be doomed as u choose to be an evil hearted criminal
Spits**
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Greatzeus(m): 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
mekaboy:
This lockdown is supposed to stop the spread of this virus. This would have been the case in a developed country. Where the entire country could be disinfected during the lockdown, people are provided with food and shelter etc.

But the the reverse will most likely be the case in Nigeria. Here are 5 things Nigeria will most likely achieve with the lockdown.

1) basic esentials will be on the rice.

2) more jobs will be lost

3) Nigerians will become poorer

4) crime will increase

5) more Nigerians will die from other diseases like High Blood pressure, depression, malnutrition etc due to lack of access healthcare and emergency response.

At some point violence and lawlessness will have a field day and people wont even care anymore if they are infected or not . This will lead to a wider spread.
And so will it be for you and your family, according to your confession,so shall it be.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Greatzeus(m): 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
Gandollaar:
This is a very useless position you have taken in the face of current realities.

E no go better for all those that turned my fellow countrymen Zombies.
Do you wish there are more cases of Corona deaths or not? Yes or No? Just because of hatred for Buhari,you don't mind innocent people dying so as to criticize him? Evil hateful people.
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
PLS WHEN THE COMMON ANIMALS IN NIGERIA WILL UNDERSTAND THE SIMPLE CONSEQUENCES OF LOCKING NIGERIAN INSIDE IN NAME OF CORONA VIRUS

PLS GO ONLINE AND SEE WHAT ITALIAN MAFIANS ARE DOING IN ITALY SINCE YESTERDAY MORNING

I ALSO SEE THIS COMING TO NIGERIA
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by zicoraads: 5:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Flouting...
Good girl.

You are learning well. grin cheesy tongue
Re: 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria by photon3106: 6:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
adenigga:

Untimely death will not be your portion!

You speak my mind!!!!
Somebody is hungry, you want him to think straight? Even Jesus Christ fed over 5,000 people with loaves of bread and fish before He started feeding them with spiritual food (words of God)
Don't you think He knows what He's doing?

That's it o. The best we can do now is pray that we survive this trying times and recover our strength as a nation. Being opmistic or positive doesn't mean being ignorant of reality and a bit of that reality is what the OP has painted. It takes the help of God to sustain us all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? / "narun" Is Killing My Skin Pls What's The Cure To It? / 10 Surprising Facts About Breasts You May Have Missed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.