Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 (53657 Views)

Mike Adenuga's House In BANANA ISLAND, Lagos (Photo) / Paddy Adenuga: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Mike Adenuga’s Son / Niyi Adenuga Marries Secretly (Mike Adenuga's Son) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by BriggsBryan: 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
Build a real hospital not a makeshift

Don’t be deceived by these men and businesses donating billions of Naira to build a makeshift hospital due to the current pandemic. They are only working hard to protect their cash flow and reduce the impact of Covid-19 on their inventory mostly businesses with perishable goods. The pandemic will have more negative impact on these men than a common man. A simple example is the current oil price which is at $26/barrel and they fully understand that they don’t have the capacity to complete with Saudi Arabia and Russia. Also, they have no say in OPEC.
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
Stevecovey:

The guy is really a recluse. Whats funny to me is how he made his daughters head his organizations.
Make the sons go fend for themselves. Lol!

All his sons are in different capacities in his companies.

Stop spilling trash and lies to prove a nonexistent point.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Amalekki: 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
Great gesture!

I also donated N750million then my alarm woke me up.
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Spallanzani: 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
Kunlexbaba2018:
Mike Adenuga donated 500million naira not N1.5Billion..pls take note...dont mislead the public .
1.5B bruh... 500M to Lagos state and 1B to NCDC

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by iamPrincipal: 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
We just dey hear donation up and down and no one never mentioned where the money dey and when Dem go distribute am for each each citizens.
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by bizhop01: 10:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
MTN refuse to donate

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Ken91(m): 10:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
hunger no good oo pls someone help a guy today 0696724343 access bank
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by DCmonster: 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Bella Adenuga, the smartest among Mike Adenuga's kids, unlike that dummy paddy. My crush that year before That bald headed disu appeared from nowhere and got married to her

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by jaxxy(m): 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Is all this actually for Covid19 or smtnelse I’m not seeing
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by gunvi: 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
MY GURU!!!!!!.....God bless you sir.
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Spallanzani: 10:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
DCmonster:
Bella Adenuga, the smartest among Mike Adenuga's kids, u like that dummy paddy. My crush that year before That bald headed disu appeared from nowhere and got married to her
Paddy is no dummy man.... the guy is super smart
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Insectkiller: 10:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
Too much money...

#1.5Billion..

Jah bless you more Adenuga (Globacom),

Dangote, Otedola, Abdulsamad (BUA), Jim ovia, thanks to you all...
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Benwallt(m): 10:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
Misplaced. This ppl donating here n there will never allow Bihari to take us serious
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by franchasng: 10:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
Kenn55:
While money is good, the most important resource in times like this is infrastructure and technology. At some point, you will have the money but you might not be able to buy as countries put restrictions on their export to ensure that they can meet up their local demand. It is already happening now.

A lot of US,UK, Canada and most European companies have retooled and are now producing ventilators, test kits, vaccines and other equipment for their front line workers. This is what they were not doing before because they were importing them from China. But as demand skyrocket and China cannot even meet up demand coupled with the fact they have their own problem, they had to start manufacturing by force.

The question is how could they have retooled and started manufacturing? The answer is because even though they were not manufacturing before now, they had the technical know how and infrastructure to support manufacturing. So while some countries will be trying to import supplies because they don't have the capacity to manufacture, others will produce from within to meet their demand at least till the crisis is over and this is the key to overcome a pandemic like this. Right now, we are relying on money which is not even enough.

I hope that when all this is over, Nigerians will take development seriously because lack of development is dangerous.
Don't expect much from a black nation. Black nations cannot do more than you are seeing even if disease and war reduce their population to half, they won't learn any lesson more than how to loot more money and run to western world with their family members.
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by cjwalter(m): 11:00pm On Mar 30, 2020
Good one from Mike....God bless u sir
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by TIGRITIS: 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:
All these Donors should share these money to the masses by themselves..

Our leaders are G.O.A.Ts (greatest of all time) when it comes to thieving.. As usual they will embezzle 80% of this money..
iamPrincipal:
We just dey hear donation up and down and no one never mentioned where the money dey and when Dem go distribute am for each each citizens.
Mummyfour:
Abeg o mathematicians in the house pardon me ooo. All these donations never reach to share at least 50 to 100k to each house hold in Nigeria. Why are these rich guys donating these monies to government.? Isn't it a waste when you consider the kind of selfish leaders and corrupt individuals that would jejely divert these monies
Felalucky8:
Abeg make ona stop to donate. All the billions and millions wey dem Don donate wer dem? I believe from all the donations if dem share a particular amount to each household in this country for the 2weeks money go still remain. I believe there are people who can't survive that 2weeks bcoz of food. I pray make dem no loot the donations
Let's assume the total donation is 50 billion. If this is to be shared among 200 million Nigerians, how much do you think will be your share? N250.
And if Otedola is to share his 1.5 billion, how much is your share? N7.5
How much were you expecting? 200k? Lol.
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Daroldigits: 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
i dont have a useless father like yours that didn't give you proper home training. Because if you do, you will not say something stupid out of your mouth
TroubleMaker47:

My father is not a thief!
Can the same be said of your useless drunk of a father? undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Jostoman: 11:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
Money that will not get the citizen
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Mcslize: 11:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
Citytrend:
When others are saying money to rig election in 2023. Because you can't tell me this man is wealthier than some who donated 200million and 50 million respectively

Just in case you don't know. Adenuga is worth 5.7 billion USD. Not Naira o. Take note.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by ibinaboonline: 11:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
Buhari must be thanking Allah for coronavirus by now. Naira and dollars has been raining on aso rock since corona came here. Let them chop and fatten their children

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by IMASTEX: 11:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:
All these Donors should share these money to the masses by themselves..

Our leaders are G.O.A.Ts (greatest of all time) when it comes to thieving.. As usual they will embezzle 80% of this money..
Joe are you scared of saying the obvious? Since when did politicians start looting 80% of budgeted funds. If that was the case Nigeria would have long been better. 95% of the money will be looted.
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
TIGRITIS:

Let's assume the total donation is 50 billion. If this is to be shared among 200 million Nigerians, how much do you think will be your share? N250.

Don't be a dunce...

I know it requires N2trillion for every Nigerian to get N10k each..
But its a known fact that this money will not be used for what it was donated for..

What I'm saying is that the donors should go to the streets and share the money themselves especially the streets of Lagos.. Now that many States are on lockdown it will be easier...
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by lastempero: 11:27pm On Mar 30, 2020
SEGLIZ:
aa, in as much as this could look good this billionaires don't mean well for the masses but their selfish interest.
why donate to government when you can reach the people directly? good example is what gtb did in Lagos with the isolation centre rather than give the money to government they invested directly.

Seriously iam angry at them, still using any opportunity to mess up the masses.
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:27pm On Mar 30, 2020
IMASTEX:

Joe are you scared of saying the obvious? Since when did politicians start looting 80% of budgeted funds. If that was the case Nigeria would have long been better. 95% of the money will be looted.

grin grin Abi oh....
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by lastempero: 11:32pm On Mar 30, 2020
SEGLIZ:
aa, in as much as this could look good this billionaires don't mean well for the masses but their selfish interest.
why donate to government when you can reach the people directly? good example is what gtb did in Lagos with the isolation centre rather than give the money to government they invested directly.

Seriously iam angry at them, still using any available opportunity to mess up the masses. How can u donate to a corrupt system .
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by bluecircle470: 11:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
sylve11:
I know this money won't get to me, but i just want to say thank you Adenuga for this your kind gesture for it would go a long way touching lives.... cool

Only poverty makes one think that such money should get to him or her
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by ChaoHendrix: 11:35pm On Mar 30, 2020
Stevecovey:

Come on, adenuga is richer than these politicians. Its not a one-time stealing opportunity. The guy makes money while he's sleeping. That's the good thing about being in business sectors dt always sell.
And you think Tinubu doesn't have other businesses?
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by TIGRITIS: 11:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:

Don't be a dunce...

I know it requires N2trillion for every Nigerian to get N10k each..
But its a known fact that this money will not be used for what it was donated for..

What I'm saying is that the donors should go to the streets and share the money themselves especially the streets of Lagos.. Now that many States are on lockdown it will be easier...
Really? I never knew the donation is up to 2trillion already.
ImmaculateJOE:
With all this billions of niara been donated by Individuals and NGOs, I think by now we should be getting coro alerts.. N10k per citizens is not bad nah..
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
Plead:

All his sons are in different capacities in his companies.

Stop spilling trash and lies to prove a nonexistent point.
na wa o. but why u dey vex? shocked

I was obviously making a 'funny point' (as i noted) alluding to his reclusive & weird personality. I've only seen his daughters take prime position in his company & being the face of his brand. These are 3 of them.

His sons dt I know of, Prince Michael & Paddy adenuga have their own businesses.

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Mummyfour(f): 11:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
TIGRITIS:

Bros you calculate am well so? angry cry cry. As In are you sure
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by TIGRITIS: 11:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
Mummyfour:
Bros you calculate am well so? angry cry cry. As In are you sure
You can confirm it yourself.
50 billion for 200 million people is N250 each.
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by spirul77: 11:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
If she's the executive vice chairman, which position paddy adenuga come dey
Chai, all these big men shildren sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Moment Body Of Herbert Wigwe Arrives Isiokpo For Burial (video) / Meet The Wives Of 10 Most Successful Nigerian Billionaire Businessmen -Pics / First Bank Apologises About Lagos Trekking Tweet Today (Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.