Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,387 members, 7,864,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:06 AM

Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors (16470 Views)

Wife Of Newspaper Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Husband Family’s / Femi Gbajabiamila Visits Family Of Newspaper Vendor Shot By His Security [photos / Did You Know This Was The Full Meaning Of Newspaper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by VillageHead: 7:04am On Mar 31, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by AhlexOfficial(m): 7:05am On Mar 31, 2020
₦1.5M
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by israelmao(m): 7:09am On Mar 31, 2020
Who cares about newspapers in hardcopy when I can go online.
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by ofemigeorge(m): 7:21am On Mar 31, 2020
If they had done their jobs well, people will not be ignorant. As at yesterday so many citizens of this great country , were still asking about the curfew and what need to be done.

I expected all media should repeated in a language , REPEATED, announce current event as it takes place.

As at yesterday i expected the guidlines ..highlighted on our screens on the curfew should be constantly on display. Our local news need very good I.T tech guys to work hand in hand. Using maybe powerpoint or something. No creativity. Forcing us to watch cnn and bbc.

If that be even if you miss the news an hour ago, you can still come back and view it at any giving time. But all i see on our local stations are just talk, talk and talk and interviews from someone that sounds as if he crammed his speech.

The media guys a trying but not good enough in fighting for recognition of their profession(budgeting), on creativity in broadcast(to draw the attention of people) and they should all be united. One person harrassed, everyone feel harrassed and march together.
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by ekestic1976(f): 7:25am On Mar 31, 2020
Kizyte:
Please and please, I take God beg Buhari and security agents, movement of newspaper distributors should not be restricted. How do you want news and informations to be disseminated?

"I take God beg Buhari . . . " And WHO may you be? Who ARE you? Don't puff yourself up, boy, or you may burst your bubble!
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by FanRong: 7:37am On Mar 31, 2020
tempem:
Is it that essential?

How is the Newspaper Lifesaving?

If you don't have a smartphone or a Tv. You will sha have money to buy a Radio.

https://tomvad.com/7-coronavirus-scams-and-tips-to-avoid-them/

As outdate as reading newspaper is, It is important it is distributed.

For record purposes.
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by stanliwise(m): 7:37am On Mar 31, 2020
payperpost:
paper distribution will aid the spread of the virus, the editors should use their brain for now, my phone is sufficient for now
your phone! You speak for yourself
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by Dpharisee: 7:39am On Mar 31, 2020
sapientia:
But Lai have already said their ID card is their pass?

If not that government refused providing power and data to all Nigerians, would there be need for hardcopy?

And some radio stations which is like the cheapest source of news for the poor can hype stuffs more than football commentators.

This covid 19 have exposed all our weak points.

If Nigerians brains are not formatted towards who we elect during elections after this Covid saga, then no hope for Nigeria till the end of time.

Not as if there is hope though when the stupid ones are in majority.

Not everyone reads the internet news, many especially the elders still love their hardcopy newspapers
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by stanliwise(m): 7:39am On Mar 31, 2020
RlGHTEOUSNESS89:
what is the importance of your post and it pictures??
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by dalongjnr: 7:40am On Mar 31, 2020
Hmm.. How is distribution of news paper an essential service? Newspaper distribution with aid the spread of the disease. How?
1. Assuming the person distributing the papers is positive but asymptotic and didn't were face masks and hand gloves or didn't were personal protective equipment properly, he/she can share the virus to the buyers and whoever may read the contaminated papers or an infected buyers can also infect the distributor if standard preventive/protective measures are not observed during the period.
In my opinion, only the staff of radio,TV and digital media be allowed to perform their duties, but newspapers; no.
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by annyz: 7:50am On Mar 31, 2020
But waivers have been issued to accommodate newspaper distributors.
But I trust our security personnel, always overworking things.

1 Like

Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by solsticey2k3(m): 7:50am On Mar 31, 2020
In this day and age, the number of people who read newspapers would have drastically reduced, definitely less than 1%.

Instead of you going to search for news, news is constantly being brought to you in the comfort of your home/office or wherever you may be.
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by sapientia(m): 7:54am On Mar 31, 2020
Dpharisee:

Not everyone reads the internet news, many especially the elders still love their hardcopy newspapers

Yea.

But we have a crisis at hand.

What am saying is that if we have a working system, there could have been another option for them to use and wait it out.

1 Like

Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:09am On Mar 31, 2020
Everybody wants to be exempted. Do I actually need any newspaper to get information about the happenings around me and beyond ? No,my phone is just okay for me.

Those newspaper vendors should stay off the streets for now because infected ones among them can easily spread the virus around.
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 31, 2020
no more night life in ph, dusk to dawn curfew.
beer drinking forum members rise up and protest.
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by LivingSage: 8:19am On Mar 31, 2020
Let's see if you're among the stupid ones or not (unknowingly).
In 2015 General election, who did you voted for?
sapientia:

If not that government refused providing power and data to all Nigerians, would there be need for hardcopy?

And some radio stations which is like the cheapest source of news for the poor can hype stuffs more than football commentators.

If Nigerians brains are not formatted towards who we elect during elections after this Covid saga, then no hope for Nigeria till the end of time.

Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 31, 2020
stanliwise:
your phone! You speak for yourself

No! you know why? because I need to save you from yourself, do you know how your uncles and his friends gather to read news paper daily at the junctions without even buying , violating social distance others. secondly, the virus and non virus carriers mingle together and further spread it , even touching the paper, spreading it till it get to you, be wise

1 Like

Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by Lovelive: 8:57am On Mar 31, 2020
payperpost:
paper distribution will aid the spread of the virus, the editors should use their brain for now, my phone is sufficient for now

Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by luluman: 9:20am On Mar 31, 2020
tempem:
Is it that essential?

How is the Newspaper Lifesaving?

If you don't have a smartphone or TV, you will sha have money to buy Radio.

https://tomvad.com/7-coronavirus-scams-and-tips-to-avoid-them/
Are you now forcing people to live your life?
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by Dollabiz: 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
smiley
Re: Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors by mikolo80: 4:27am On Apr 01, 2020
sapientia:

if you're really smart then you find a way to fix it

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Will Regain Its Power In 2019 Election – David Mark / PDP Supporters Protest Delay In Announcement Of Enugu Election Result / Obi Reacts To The Attack On The House Of Julius Abure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.