Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Why Atiku Should Not Be Allowed To Be President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Atiku Should Not Be Allowed To Be President (534 Views)

Ayo Fayose Explains Why Atiku, Northern Leaders "Dumped" APC. / Why Atiku Should Win APC Presidential Primaries / Why Atiku Should Be The Next President, By Youth Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Atiku Should Not Be Allowed To Be President by Rhino5dm: 6:04am On Dec 31, 2010
Last week, you made a statement which the president described as treasonable. Was it desperation that made you say what you said? Is 2011 a do-or-die for you?
That statement that I made was a quote from somebody. The statement was made over 60 years ago and it has often been quoted. But when I finished quoting that fellow, I also said ‘but that is not the path we want to follow in this country.’ I think the president might have overreacted on whether it was a treasonable statement or not. That is why I said I was prepared to be arrested and taken before the courts to determine whether I made a treasonable statement or not. I think there was an overreaction.

On whether I was desperate about 2011 or not, I have never been desperate about anything. If you follow my career, you will not find any desperation. If I was desperate about being president, I would have been president long before now. If I was desperate, I would not have stepped down for MKO Abiola in 1993. If I was desperate, I would not have given Obasanjo a chance in 1998 because I had the PDP in my hands. If I was desperate, I would have got the ticket in 2003 because everybody wanted me to run. So, I am not desperate. I will wait for the right time, whenever God says the time is right and Nigerians say the time is right, that is when I want to be president.

What am I looking for? I have enough money to eat till I die. This country made me everything I am today; it gave me everything. I went to school free; I was even paid to go to school. Every holiday, we were given transport money to go home and to return to school after the holiday. When I was in the university, I was given family allowance though I did not have a family then. So, what else can I do than to pay back the country that has given me so much. That is why everything I have got I am giving back to the society; nobody is inheriting one kobo from me. I don’t need government money to survive.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/politics/15060-wrong-leadership-nigerias-greatest-problem-atiku

how can such a character lead us??
Re: Why Atiku Should Not Be Allowed To Be President by johndoe200: 6:44am On Dec 31, 2010
@poster

Atiku , should be in jail. It is a shame that we allow thieves like him to walk around with their heads up.
Re: Why Atiku Should Not Be Allowed To Be President by Beaf: 7:00am On Dec 31, 2010
OP, you missed an important part of the interview, the part where Atiku boasts that Obj couldn't nab him for stealing, because he made sure Obj signed everything he had done.
Re: Why Atiku Should Not Be Allowed To Be President by Ymodulus: 7:03am On Dec 31, 2010
@john your post is absolutely senseless relating to what the poster posted.  i really dont see any wrong in what atiku has said, we know that few days ago that my niger delta brother was parading the fresh air with rubbish noise of getting atiku arrested for all what he said. Now atiku has come out to clearify himself, so i dont see y you are posting all those rubbish, it shows your immaturity, it shows your mediocrital stage of thinking, start looking at things from a more advance perspective, having nothing to do with the trash you posting all over nairaland but a more matured room for open talk. Before i go dont think am hausa because i supported Atiku, am not am a deltanan. Lets call a spade a spade.
Re: Why Atiku Should Not Be Allowed To Be President by Rhino5dm: 7:14am On Dec 31, 2010
@bolded
yeah! right let's called[b] thief a thief[/b]. like James Ibori like Atiku Abubakar grin grin grin

Ymodulus:

@john your post is absolutely senseless relating to what the poster posted. i really dont see any wrong in what atiku has said, we know that few days ago that my niger delta brother was parading the fresh air with rubbish noise of getting atiku arrested for all what he said. Now atiku has come out to clearify himself, so i dont see y you are posting all those rubbish, it shows your immaturity, it shows your mediocrital stage of thinking, start looking at thinks from a more advance perspective, having nothing to do with the trash you posting all over nairaland but a more matured room of avalanche. [b]Before i go dont think am hausa because i supported Atiku, am not am a deltanan. Lets call a spade a spade.[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Tout Did Not Allow Lautech Students To Register In Ogbomosho. / African Innovation Produces Clean Water From Bacteria, Dirt / Humanity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.