Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II - Phones (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II (1346797 Views)

Data Service Guys On Nairaland Willing To Assist You With Free Data Purchase / Android, Anyone? Part II / Phone Engineers on Nairaland willing to assist you. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (1216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Fortune440(m): 3:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
Please, can someone
help me generate a bb imel. I would
appreciate it.. Send to Fortunemufc@
gmail.com
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Amazingg: 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
any phone engineer located around iyana-paja,abule-egba or ipaja? i need to get in touch with one urgently. I'm having problem with my q5. Please i need help.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Vicorolex1(m): 6:28am On Jan 09, 2015
Dis automatic installation of unwanted apps on my phone is really bugging me and so annoying. Pls any1 wit a final solution 2 dis
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Amazingg: 7:09am On Jan 09, 2015
Amazingg:
any phone engineer located around iyana-paja,abule-egba or ipaja? i need to get in touch with one urgently. I'm having problem with my q5. Please i need help.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by slowice(m): 8:47am On Jan 09, 2015
Pls how do i activate glo bis on my android and change my imei number
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Novaworld(m): 10:12am On Jan 09, 2015
Fortune440:
Please, i knw this is off context.. Can you help me generate a bb imel. I would appreciate it.. Send to Fortunemufc@gmail.com

Imei
PIN- 341608D3
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by slowice(m): 11:13am On Jan 09, 2015
Novaworld:

Imei
PIN- 341608D3
please can u do same for me.... Tnx
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by nani667: 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
Vicorolex1:
Dis automatic installation of unwanted apps on my phone is really bugging me and so annoying. Pls any1 wit a final solution 2 dis

Automatic installation ? Or automatic updates from Playstore ?
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by MoodysMood: 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
Please, gurus in the house, I got this new android
phone (itel it1501) and I've been trying to root it
all day but all my effort to do so have been futile.
Please does anyone have any idea on how to root
this particular phone? Thanks in advance.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Hawlahscho(m): 12:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
slowice:
Pls how do i activate glo bis on my android and change my imei number

whatsapp me. (I MAY DO IT FOR U)
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Hawlahscho(m): 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
OH! IT'S BEEN LONG I CAME HERE O. HOW UNA DEY NAW grin
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by davibid: 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
pls someone help with solutions on how to finally put a stop to galaxy s4 sucking up data bundle of 2gig within 3hrs even after disabling auto update, could it be because it is rooted?
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Samtobh(m): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
MoodysMood:
Please, gurus in the house, I got this new android
phone (itel it1501) and I've been trying to root it
all day but all my effort to do so have been futile.
Please does anyone have any idea on how to root
this particular phone? Thanks in advance.
Steps to root you android phone without a computer:
Step 1: Download the Framaroot app from the link provided to your phone or computer.
Step 2: Copy downloaded Framaroot app from your computer to your internal storage or external SD card. (follow this step
only if downloaded to computer)
Step 3: Enable ‘Unknown sources’. Go to Setting >Security and then check the box next to ‘unknown sources’.
Step 4: Install Framaroot app from the apk file.
Step 5: Open the Framaroot App and Select “Install Super Su”
Step 6: Select an exploit. Every phone has a different exploit so don’t worry. First, try the first exploit. It will work for 90%.
If you fail, don’t worry. Your phone has not bricked. Try the other exploits.
Step 7: If you see a “Success … Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device” message then you have
successfully rooted your phone.
Step 8: If you see “Failed … Try another exploit if available ” message, don’t worry. Your phone has not bricked. Try the
other exploits. If none work then your device is unsupported .
Step 9: Once rooted (and rebooted), you can install a root checker, such as Root Checker , to verify whether your phone or
tablet has been really rooted or not.
Step 10: You will also find a new ‘SuperSU’ app icon (see screenshot). This will manage any ‘Superuser’ privileges that you
grant to any apps (which is a fancy term for being able to access the root folder and other root functions) . This is mainly
done automatically: many apps will detect that your device is rooted and request Superuser privileges, or will do so when
you try to access functions that require root. You can manage these Superuser privileges from the SuperSU app (see
screenshot).
Step 11: If you need to access or manage your root folder, there is a FREE file management app, ES File Explorer but you
will have to configure it for root access as detailed below (see screenshot).
What happens if all exploits do not work? Will it cause any damage?
No, it will not. Nothing, will happen except that your device will not be rooted . I tried to use ‘Framaroot’ to root my
friend’s Lenovo A850+ unsuccessfully and moved on without changes to his device. You can install the app in your
android device and check out if it works, the app won’t brick your phone as it does not touch your kernel, nor flash
anything.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Samtobh(m): 2:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
davibid:
pls someone help with solutions on how to finally put a stop to galaxy s4 sucking up data bundle of 2gig within 3hrs even after disabling auto update, could it be because it is rooted?
please download this app and beep me on whatsapp as soon as you have it
NOROOT FIREWALL
Android: Most of the apps on your Android device probably require
a data connection, and you may not even know when they are
sending or receiving data. NoRoot Firewall puts you in control of
Internet access for apps, as well as how they can access it.
As the name suggests, the app doesn't require you to root your
Android. Instead, it creates a VPN and diverts all the traffic on your
phone through it. This way, you can choose which traffic you want to
allow and which you want to stop. When any app tries to access the
Internet, you'll get an alert where you can allow or deny it and save
the setting for the future. This level of control can also let you see
when a certain app is accessing data for ads and block it.
NoRoot Firewall also gives you the option to set up filters, both
globally as well as for individual apps. Much like a VPN on your PC,
these filters let you allow or deny connections to certain IP addresses.
My favorite part of the app is in its ability to specify if an app can
access the Internet only over Wi-Fi, only over 3G/Data, neither or
both. It gives you the control to tell your Dropbox or Play Store to
only download when you're on Wi-Fi, or set some other app to be
active only on 3G.
There's some bad news for 4G users though as NoRoot Firewall does
not work well with 4G at the moment. And I'd like to issue a word of
caution: while I'm using the app, those who are a bit careful about
their privacy may not want an app that gets control over all the data
transfers on their device.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by onos1979(f): 4:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
My iPhone 4 is showing connect to iTunes.I need help urgently.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
Johnpele:
please whenever i insert memory card into my samsung galaxy Duos it always says "INVALID SD CARD" what do you think might ve the cause because i have tested several m.card in it?
av u tried d mem card on anoda device?
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by MoodysMood: 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
Samtobh:

Steps to root you android phone without a computer:
Step 1: Download the Framaroot app from the link provided to your phone or computer.
Step 2: Copy downloaded Framaroot app from your computer to your internal storage or external SD card. (follow this step
only if downloaded to computer)
Step 3: Enable ‘Unknown sources’. Go to Setting >Security and then check the box next to ‘unknown sources’.
Step 4: Install Framaroot app from the apk file.
Step 5: Open the Framaroot App and Select “Install Super Su”
Step 6: Select an exploit. Every phone has a different exploit so don’t worry. First, try the first exploit. It will work for 90%.
If you fail, don’t worry. Your phone has not bricked. Try the other exploits.
Step 7: If you see a “Success … Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device” message then you have
successfully rooted your phone.
Step 8: If you see “Failed … Try another exploit if available ” message, don’t worry. Your phone has not bricked. Try the
other exploits. If none work then your device is unsupported .
Step 9: Once rooted (and rebooted), you can install a root checker, such as Root Checker , to verify whether your phone or
tablet has been really rooted or not.
Step 10: You will also find a new ‘SuperSU’ app icon (see screenshot). This will manage any ‘Superuser’ privileges that you
grant to any apps (which is a fancy term for being able to access the root folder and other root functions) . This is mainly
done automatically: many apps will detect that your device is rooted and request Superuser privileges, or will do so when
you try to access functions that require root. You can manage these Superuser privileges from the SuperSU app (see
screenshot).
Step 11: If you need to access or manage your root folder, there is a FREE file management app, ES File Explorer but you
will have to configure it for root access as detailed below (see screenshot).
What happens if all exploits do not work? Will it cause any damage?
No, it will not. Nothing, will happen except that your device will not be rooted . I tried to use ‘Framaroot’ to root my
friend’s Lenovo A850+ unsuccessfully and moved on without changes to his device. You can install the app in your
android device and check out if it works, the app won’t brick your phone as it does not touch your kernel, nor flash
anything.

First of all, I want to thank you for using your precious time and energy to help me. I've tried to use framaroot application to root this phone but every time attempt to do so, it keeps telling me that my phone is not vulnerable to the exploits by the app. I've also tried a host of other apps like vroot, srs root, and so on. Atm, the phone seems unrootable.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Samtobh(m): 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
MoodysMood:

First of all, I want to thank you for using your precious time and energy to help me. I've tried to use framaroot application to root this phone but every time attempt to do so, it keeps telling me that my phone is not vulnerable to the exploits by the app. I've also tried a host of other apps like vroot, srs root, and so on. Atm, the phone seems unrootable.
Why not try using a system?
Install PdaNet and Eroot on your system
enable USB debugging
root your phone
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Vicorolex1(m): 4:47am On Jan 10, 2015
nani667:

Automatic installation ? Or automatic updates from Playstore ?
Installation
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Warlord3000(m): 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
Have got a blackberry z10 which is locked with a
PATTERN LOCK.. But the owner has forgotten the
pattern..
The forgot pattern option shows email and
password which she doesn't have cos it was
second hand and the ones she entered ain't
working...
How can I flash or hard reset a bb10 os without
entering the main options cos of the pattern lock..
Replies needed ASAP... Thanks
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Warlord3000(m): 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
pattern..

working...

Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Reddie: 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
pls someone that uses Glo on android should help me with the glo access point settings on android phone. I ve tried all manner of settings but none has worked, its still on E instead of H. only bbm and WhatsApp works, web pages take ages to open and I ve a full network coverage. I use a Lenovo phone. thanks
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 11, 2015
Warlord3000:
pattern..

working...

Press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds.Press and hold the Volume up
key and the Volume down key at
the same time for 10 seconds
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by KolaShangOne(m): 12:41am On Jan 11, 2015
My Xperia z1 fell and the screen broke. Not too bad but the touch isn't responding well. Can I change the touch or the entire screen has to go?

Will it still be waterproof if I change the screen?
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Zannx(m): 1:45am On Jan 11, 2015
Please i bought a used gionee e3 from someone and i found out that the person was using amigo rom.. It looks nice tho but it doesnt have playstore..please how can i change the rom and also mah e3 outer screen broke and i got it fixed for 9k buh lerra in the night i saw blue dots there please what can i do
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Warlord3000(m): 5:13am On Jan 11, 2015
Reddie:
pls someone that uses Glo on android should help me with the glo access point settings on android phone. I ve tried all manner of settings but none has worked, its still on E instead of H. only bbm and WhatsApp works, web pages take ages to open and I ve a full network coverage. I use a Lenovo phone. thanks

Some of the Lenovo phones don't have 3G support..

My roomie here uses one of those unfortunate Lenovo tab..

Go to Google and enter your Lenovo brand name for its specs and see if it supports 3G

Talking from experience
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by MrRoYCe(m): 6:25am On Jan 11, 2015
Pls my bb bold 6 just crashed this morning...the second time in 2wks and i need to get it fixed this morning...Anybody who knows where i can get it fixed in Lagos...Besides i stay in Mushin

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Reddie: 7:08am On Jan 11, 2015
Warlord3000:

Some of the Lenovo phones don't have 3G support..

My roomie here uses one of those unfortunate Lenovo tab..

Go to Google and enter your Lenovo brand name for its specs and see if it supports 3G

Talking from experience

mine is p780 and supports 3 g. I ve been using mtn and airtel to browse since. just wanted to use Glo cos of dere overload bonus data.
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by morganist99(m): 7:34am On Jan 11, 2015
Reddie:

mine is p780 and supports 3 g. I ve been using mtn and airtel to browse since. just wanted to use Glo cos of dere overload bonus data.
go to settings den locate wireleSs nd network u will have to select wcdma mode only

1 Like

Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Treasure28: 5:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
Please help. My L3 refuses to on after charging it. I was told high voltage got into it
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Awhyxlim(m): 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
Please can someone help me with a good android phone,(at least average camera & plays games) dat I can get with 24k...I need to get a new phone,also thinking of buying dz new lumia 535 buh I heard it lags a lot & doesn't even play games..thanks
Re: Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II by Rostel2: 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hello guys!..I need a new android phone that won't be giving me headache or having issues. I got just 26k..can anyone please recommend a good phone for me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (1216) (Reply)

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.