Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,068 members, 7,835,604 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare (1756 Views)

What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare / Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari / "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Rhino5dm: 11:56pm On Jan 01, 2011

Convener of the Save Nigeria Group and senior pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly Pastor Tunde Bakare has said President Goodluck Jonathan failed Nigerians by not performing creditably well in the outgoing year (2010)

President Jonathan had on Monday given his administration a pass mark, saying Nigerians could boast of progress in some sectors, unlike what happened last year.

Bakare who was named Newswatch Man Of The Year 2010, during an exclusive interview with LEADERSHIP WEEKEND said the Jonathan administration, which came into being after the death of late president Umaru Yar’Adua in May 2010 has not improved the lives of Nigerians.

He said the president has failed to deliver the dividends of democracy, “I don’t know what he has done so far either in education, security, you name it. Jonathan has not constructed a single road in the country. If this year he built just the Benin-Ore road, and he said more would still be coming then we know better days are ahead, but I don’t know what to vote him for.”

According to him security in 2010 has been the poorest so far in the history of the country. It started with Niger Delta kidnapping. Kidnapping is not something that cannot be stop because the people are marginalised but they are kidnapping the wrong people. If the president’s family is kidnapped, he would have to stop them.”

He continued that “If care is not taken it will be worse than this in days to come. When we have an army of jobless youths in the society, we have a lawless government which is also breeding lawless people in a lawless society”

He said for Nigeria to experience the change desired the citizenry would have to be responsible with their votes.

“In 2011 we will take our destiny in our hands we will come out massively to register, vote and protect our votes.”

He said there are indications that the 2011 general polls may not be free and fair “Jega himself has told you not to expect a perfect election.

http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22366:ayodele-samuel-lagos&catid=16:headline-news&Itemid=102
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by IbroYaya: 12:15am On Jan 02, 2011
Who Cares?
GEJ 2011
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by fstrangest: 12:17am On Jan 02, 2011
So?
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by KnowAll(m): 12:19am On Jan 02, 2011
If this year he built just the Benin-Ore road, and he said more would still be coming then we know better days are ahead, but I don’t know what to vote him for.”

This road has been bad close to 8 years now, that is 2 pdp terms, enough reason for any sane person not to vote pdp in the next dispensation.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by maga1: 12:32am On Jan 02, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt]for sure pdp is going down down down. i'll rather vote for any party afterall we have good pple (buhari, utomi, ribadu etc)[/size][/size]
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Holla2: 1:50am On Jan 02, 2011
I love men with real balls. The strenght of a real leader is tested by turbulent times. Can we truly articulate GEJ's achievement so far? He's so preoccupied with his ambition that vices that threaten national security are thriving right under his nose. This is not a matter of whether PTB will vote for Goodluck or not. The fact is GEJ is not demonstrating enough to convince us about a better Nigeria should he get the people's mandate. Nigeria more than ever need a bold, courageous and result-oriented leader.
The truth must be said no matter how bitter.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Olaedo1: 2:00am On Jan 02, 2011
Umm, so?
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by marcdunu: 2:52am On Jan 02, 2011
The most important part of this conference is that Jonathan has not achieved anything in 2010.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 3:00am On Jan 02, 2011
He said the president has failed to deliver the dividends of democracy, “I don’t know what he has done so far either in education, security, you name it. Jonathan has not constructed a single road in the country. If this year he built just the Benin-Ore road, and he said more would still be coming then we know better days are ahead, but I don’t know what to vote him for.”

So Jonathan should be carrying bricks and cements to fix up and create roads abi?

All those problems were there when Jonathan entered. Seriously, is he expecting a miracle from someone who hasnt even had 1 full term?

Even tho Jonathan is seeming less appealing in my eyes, the pators reasons are ludicrous.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Ibime(m): 3:14am On Jan 02, 2011
^^ He is not just "the passtor" but the leader of the Save Nigeria Group who brought Abuja to a standstill when Yaraduas cabal held the country to ransom during the Yaradua death imbroglio.

Pastor Bakare has spoken well and is absolutely correct. GoodThief Jonathan is a failure.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Ibime(m): 3:16am On Jan 02, 2011
Goodthief Jonathan was a failure who left Bayelsa in N28bln debt and is already leaving Naija in debt with nothing to show.

Whether Atiku, Goodthief Jonathan or anyone from the PDP, please ensure you vote them out next year.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 02, 2011
So Jonathan should be carrying
bricks and cements to fix up and
create roads abi?
All those problems were there when
Jonathan entered. Seriously, is he
expecting a miracle from someone
who hasnt even had 1 full term?
Even tho Jonathan is seeming less
appealing in my eyes, the pators
reasons are ludicrous.
@ ileke-idi i'm quite dissapointed. I neva trusted him tho,just check my signature. Its been there since june/july
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by jamace(m): 7:53am On Jan 02, 2011
No qualms. He is free to vote for a candidate of his choice.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 02, 2011
LMAO
Ok, so what are you going to do??

- abstain from voting: not the right thing to do especially if you change,
- vote a muslim: not biblical, I think
- vote in favour of the likes of utomi, okotie who we all know are just getting a tick in INEC's register as presidential aspirants: wasted vote
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by blacksta(m): 8:49am On Jan 02, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

So Jonathan should be carrying bricks and cements to fix up and create roads abi?

All those problems were there when Jonathan entered. Seriously, is he expecting a miracle from someone who hasnt even had 1 full term?

Even tho Jonathan is seeming less appealing in my eyes, the pators reasons are ludicrous.

O mo yi - u need a dirty slap grin

if he cant carry bricks then he needs to be sacked.

I am fully aware of how short GEJ has been in government but the fact remains lack of activity and his association with corrupt individuals like anneih generally reveals what to expect if the his man is elected come 2011.

What will it take for successive governments to fix the benin ore road bearing in mind that yearly budget is allocated for it.

In a free and free election GEJ will not win a local chairmanship talk less of a presidential election.

GEJ seems to be business as usual for corrupt individuals and pratices. We need to look beyond religion and ethnic lines. Nigeria at this point needs a strong and vocal person who is ready to take on the monumental task of bringing Nigeria back up and i am sorry so say GEJ is not the man
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 02, 2011
Ibime:

^^ He is not just "the passtor" but the leader of the Save Nigeria Group who brought Abuja to a standstill when Yaraduas cabal held the country to ransom during the Yaradua death imbroglio.

Pastor Bakare has spoken well and is absolutely correct. GoodThief Jonathan is a failure.
Oh, interesting.

blacksta:

if he cant carry bricks then he needs to be sacked.

I am fully aware of how short GEJ has been in government but the fact remains lack of activity and his association with corrupt individuals like anneih generally reveals what to expect if the his man is elected come 2011. 

What will it take for successive governments to fix the benin ore road bearing in mind that yearly budget is allocated for it.

In a free and free election GEJ will not win a local chairmanship talk less of a presidential election.

GEJ seems to be business as usual for corrupt individuals and pratices.   We need to look beyond religion and ethnic lines. Nigeria at this point needs a strong and vocal person who  is ready to take on the monumental task of bringing Nigeria back up and i am sorry so say GEJ is not the man

Ok, since I'm losing interest in JEGA, I wont be refuting your points.

But Jonathan has been on the throne for a year at the most, the points Bakare gave are not reasonable enough. What could he have achieved to placate you guys during his limited time?

Was the bag of rice, with free whale not enough? grin grin
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Alxmyr(m): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2011
I think Pastor Bakare will understand the tenet of democracy enough not to Continue to force his choice of candidate on people.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 02, 2011
I SUPPORT THE PASTOR, IF GEJ HAS DIRECTION WE WOULD HAVE KNOWN NOW BUT HE IS CLUELESS, A DUNCE AND DULL. I CAN NEVER VOTE HIM.NOTHING IN PDP IS GOOD.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Gbawe: 10:56am On Jan 02, 2011
Ibro Yaya:

Who Cares? GEJ 2011

This statement is regretable and an example of why many are coming to view Jonathan fans as unreasonable folks and/or ethnic bigots blinded to what is highly visible. You should care . Bakare was one of those who stood against the cabal that worked to keep Jonathan out of power. He galvanised Nigerians to take to the street so that Jonathan be made acting-President when those afflicted with the " born to rule " mentality , even if they have nothing to offer, decided to sit tight in propping up the Presidency of a man who was in a coma. You should care and so should Jonathan . If the bravest and most admired Nigerians fail to support your candidate then that should worry you as per the obvious implication for Nigeria. You should , in addition , be frantic when your candidate seems to have only the most ruinous hands in Nigeria's history behind him. Anyway , I am not surprised .
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Gbawe: 11:05am On Jan 02, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

But Jonathan has been on the throne for a year at the most, [b]the points Bakare gave are not reasonable enough. What could he have achieved to placate you guys during his limited time?[/b]Was the bag of rice, with free whale not enough? grin grin

Haba !!!! Even as I can give 20 solid reasons as to why Jonathan can be regarded unequivocally as a failure I am surprised you dont see the bolded sections below as "reasonable enough" submissions from Bakare as to why Jonathan is a very poor who should not be allowed to continue next year by the electorate. Some of us may be unaffected so far by all the condemnable violence but that should not make us blind to the notion that there should be nothing more important to a leader than the safety of those he leads. Some faimilies , already under enormous pressure, will have lost breadwinners. We should think about that and consider wether we want to see many more broken families , and therefore likely future social headaches, because we are failing to see how badly mediocre Jonathan is as a leader of a nation that is very difficult to lead to begin with.

“I don’t know what he has done so far either in education, security, you name it. Jonathan has not constructed a single road in the country. If this year he built just the Benin-Ore road, and he said more would still be coming then we know better days are ahead, but I don’t know what to vote him for.”

According to him security in 2010 has been the poorest so far in the history of the country. It started with Niger Delta kidnapping. Kidnapping is not something that cannot be stop because the people are marginalised but they are kidnapping the wrong people. If the president’s family is kidnapped, he would have to stop them.”

He continued that “If care is not taken it will be worse than this in days to come. When we have an army of jobless youths in the society, we have a lawless government which is also breeding lawless people in a lawless society”
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by sochan: 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2011
Good for you
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by kaymoney2(m): 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2011
chuks01:

I SUPPORT THE PASTOR, IF GEJ HAS DIRECTION WE WOULD HAVE KNOWN NOW BUT HE IS CLUELESS, A DUNCE AND DULL. I CAN NEVER VOTE HIM.NOTHING IN PDP IS GOOD.

GEJ is a complete weakling Events in the past days have clearly shown that the authority and powers that reside in GEJ hands are totally frozen by his lack of courage. So why should we have to vote coward as the next president.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by texazzpete(m): 12:51pm On Jan 02, 2011
Tunde Bakare was happy to stand idly by, doing nothing while card-carrying 'pastors' of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria were torturing and maiming kids in Akwa Ibom all in the name of 'witchcraft'. Where's the moral standing to criticize another man for not doing well in his day job?

Gbawe:

Haba !!!! Even as I can give 20 solid reasons as to why Jonathan can be regarded unequivocally as a failure I am surprised you dont see the bolded sections below as "reasonable enough" submissions from Bakare as to why Jonathan is a very poor who should not be allowed to continue next year by the electorate. Some of us may be unaffected so far by all the condemnable violence but that should not make us blind to the notion that there should be nothing more important to a leader than the safety of those he leads. Some faimilies , already under enormous pressure, will have lost breadwinners. We should think about that and consider wether we want to see many more broken families , and therefore likely future social headaches, because we are failing to see how badly mediocre Jonathan is as a leader of a nation that is very difficult to lead to begin with.

And what really is the alternative? Atiku? Ribadu?

Oya, please tell me what you would have done to handle this bombing spree if you were president of Nigeria.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by ekubear1: 1:08pm On Jan 02, 2011
texazzpete:

Tunde Bakare was happy to stand idly by, doing nothing while card-carrying 'pastors' of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria were torturing and maiming kids in Akwa Ibom all in the name of 'witchcraft'. Where's the moral standing to criticize another man for not doing well in his day job?
Think carefully and consider if Bakare is a policeman or other government agent that he should be the one preventing Akwa Ibom pastors from committing such acts. Clearly, he is not responsible for the actions of other religious leaders. Or is also responsible for some random Catholic priest in Brooklyn r.a.ping some innocent kids, as well?  grin

Otoh, GEJ is responsible for the security of Nigeria.

And what really is the alternative? Atiku? Ribadu?
Foolish reasoning.

Oya, please tell me what you would have done to handle this bombing spree if you were president of Nigeria.
Act on the forewarnings, since iirc there was information that the Jos bombings would occur before they happened?

Heck, even without forewarning, what type of moronic answer is this? If he cannot handle security in Nigeria, we should just fold our hands and say, "what could anyone have done?"

How about he resigns and lets someone else more fit do the job?
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by vigasimple(m): 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2011
There are several ways for a Pastor to be relevant in society, one minding his flocks, another is to speak out for injustice.

The North cadidates are never better that GEJ up on till today.

There is another dimension that Pastor Bakare do NOT know, the North want the power back desperately that they will invent any chaos because 'they are born to rule' , they want their power back, it was only on a loan to we southerners.

GEJ has to thread carefully, and pretend as if he is not ambitious, until he has his own mandate for 4 years , and control PDP party machinery. Even, we know that the Hausa/Fulani are the commander in chief of the Armed forces to the point that they were mobilising 2 batalions to receive a dead body at 2am behind the President's back.

GEJ need to have the Gun in his hand first, then he can pursues everyone that need pursuing. The North are just waiting for him to get trip up and they have the power back through the back door.

Sorry Pastor , I disagree with you on this one, GEJ will propably lose 1 or at most 10,000 votes as a result of this, But GEJ is the better of all those parading themselves as candidates.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Abagworo(m): 2:14pm On Jan 02, 2011
vigasimple:

The North cadidates are never better that GEJ up on till today.

You should liberate yourself from tribalism and regionalism and see clearly that Buhari is miles ahead of GEJ.Ask your father what Buhari did to corrupt leaders within few days of being in power and compare with Jonathans 4 years.Also check the impact of Buhari lead PTF on every Nigerian.Buhari's records are his campaign.

Next years election will be rigged by PDP but there will be crisis that might lead to a coup.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by fstrangest: 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2011
Abagworo:

You should liberate yourself from tribalism and regionalism and see clearly that Buhari is miles ahead of GEJ.Ask your father what Buhari did to corrupt leaders within few days of being in power and compare with Jonathans 4 years.Also check the impact of Buhari lead PTF on every Nigerian.Buhari's records are his campaign.

Next years election will be rigged by PDP but there will be crisis that might lead to a coup.

It is you who should free your mind
Stop reading tribalism and ethnocentricism into everything

I dont like GEJ
However, he is a better candidate, in totality, looking at his personal achievement of course, than those from the North.

Anyone can fight corruption using the institution of the Military to intimidate and brutalize people. The methods used by Buhari are no more acceptable in this age and time. Those were the same method, albeit selectively, used by OBJ that were and are still widely condemned. GEJ believes in the power and autonomy of the court, a concept alien to every fiber of Buhari's make-up
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by KnowAll(m): 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2011
Our President an Easterner using pre-1967 division of Nigeria cannot fix a major road dat connects d most commercial city in Nigeria with d East. Can someone tell what he can fix then. undecided
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by otokx(m): 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2011
GEJ made petrol available at all times and at the official price
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Nsiman(m): 6:14pm On Jan 02, 2011
Silly comment, the SNG has endorsed buhari why did he intend to vote gej or is SNG playing prangs? Any way bakare is double tongued
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by texazzpete(m): 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2011
eku_bear:

Think carefully and consider if Bakare is a policeman or other government agent that he should be the one preventing Akwa Ibom pastors from committing such acts. Clearly, he is not responsible for the actions of other religious leaders. Or is also responsible for some random Catholic priest in Brooklyn r.a.ping some innocent kids, as well?  grin

Otoh, GEJ is responsible for the security of Nigeria.

He is a pastor and member of PFN, and influential one for that matter. He should be condemning or at least speaking against what was going on. Doing nothing is shirking his duties as a 'Man of God'. Was he a 'government agent' or 'policeman' when he campaigned for the transfer of power to GEJ as Acting President?
The buck of security ultimately rests with GEJ, but he is not a miracle worker.
It took three weeks to catch the Washington Sniper in 2002, and this was with the combined efforts of the FBI, ATF, Secret Service, several police departments and a whole lot of media coverage. This was in America, a country with a massive fingerprints database, experienced forensics departments and technology and a wide network of surveillance cameras. And the breakthrough only came swiftly when the killers began carelessly releasing clues.
Yet you muppets expect GEJ to apprehend these bombers quickly, using the shoddy tools available to him?

eku_bear:

Foolish reasoning.

You see that squiggly symbol beside what I wrote? That's called a 'question mark'. I was asking Gbawe who he felt was a better alternative. I cannot see where your 'foolish reasoning' comment comes from, I can only assume it's due to you consuming too much alcohol in this festive period. Idiot.

eku_bear:

Act on the forewarnings, since iirc there was information that the Jos bombings would occur before they happened?

Heck, even without forewarning, what type of moronic answer is this? If he cannot handle security in Nigeria, we should just fold our hands and say, "what could anyone have done?"

Once again, I'll remind you that i asked Gbawe a question as to what he'd have done differently. Was i providing any answer? You're just a dolt.
However, to answer your moronic post, there are tens of thousands of sites a bomb could have been planted in Jos. Despite massive manhunts, snipers were still able to gun down at least 3 more victims in Washington DC in North America. There's no guarantee that drafting 100,000 soldiers in Jos could have prevented those explosions. in fact, the odds are still very much with the bombers even if you have ten thousand troops on the streets of Jos.

eku_bear:

How about he resigns and lets someone else more fit do the job?

if Jonathan resigns, Sambo takes over. I take it you're providing a cast-iron guarantee that Sambo or David Mark or even yourself would do better?
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by rasputinn(m): 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2011
In an election of pastors,I wouldn't vote for Bakare

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gej New Cabinet: Select Your Team. / Breaking News: Protest Strikes On Monday 9th January 2012 To Go Ahead -NLC/TUC / Nigerian underwear bomber to be sentenced in Detroit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.