Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare (48769 Views)

I Hope Pastor Bakare Is Watching Channels TV Now / NGE Confirmed They Took N50m From Jonathan, Claims Unfairly Targeted By Buhari / Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
Nigerian Pastor, Tunde Bakare, has disclosed details of his meetings with former President Goodluck Jonathan, and what he benefitted from the former leader while he was in office.

Mr. Bakare, a former running-mate of President Muhammadu Buhari on the platform of defunct Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in 2011, said he wrote four -point letter to Mr. Jonathan, calling his attention to the level of impunity in his administration.

Giving details of what he benefitted from the immediate past president, Mr. Bakare said, “Let everyone declare what he has received. I can tell you what I received. I took two people there one day and he invited us to dinner. I had a bad sore throat that day, so I took a pass regarding the dinner.
“Another day, I took a couple there and I took a cup of tea. I told you about the $50,000 which I refused, but that was Orubebe. He sent me a cow at Christmas – which I gave the staff to kill – and a hamper through our pastor in Abuja, but I told him to keep it.”

Mr. Bakare stated this in an interview with an Abuja-based magazine, THE INTERVIEW.

The pastor revealed that at a point, the former president offered to give him “something”, which he refused and opted for simply a pen.

“Finally, when the opportunity came and he (Jonathan) said, ‘I will like to give you something’. I [then] said ‘I like pens: so if you must give me anything, let it be a pen, so that I can show it to my people and say ‘the president gave me a pen,’” he disclosed.

He said one day, after a meeting with Mr. Jonathan, a former minister in charge of Niger Delta Affairs, Godsday Orubebe, rushed to offer him $50,000 for “transport”, an offer the pastor said he turned down.
“When we were leaving, Orubebe ran after me and offered me $50,000 for my transport. I said, ‘Haba, take your money, I am not for sale’. We said goodbye to him and the rest is history,” Mr. Bakare said.

Giving details of his meeting with the former president, Mr. Bakare said, “When he (Jonathan) became president, I said to him, ‘the things we marched and protested against, you are now perpetrating them – the same impunity’”.

“I gave him four points in writing. Before we left Lagos, I gave a copy to Pastor Adeboye and another to General Alani Akinrinade. I said, ‘we are going to say goodbye to this man’ because if a man cannot keep his own side of the bargain, because if you got here by the grace of God and not because of any pedigree and, within 10 years, had become the president of Nigeria.

“God has brought you into the kingdom for such a time as this, so you cannot begin to commit the same impunity,” he said.

Mr. Bakare said in another meeting with the former president, he (Jonathan) told him that he needed someone to tell him the truth.

“He reached out to me later and said, ‘look, let’s put that behind us; Nigeria’s situation is critical.’”
“Before I went, I called General Buhari and said ‘this man invited me, I don’t know what for.’ When I got there, he said he needed someone who could tell him the truth always. I said, ‘if that is what you want, you have me at your side,’” he said.

Mr. Bakare therefore challenged religious leaders to declare what Mr. Jonathan gave him, saying the clergy did not tell the former president the truth because they benefitted from him.

“However, you see, Christian leaders benefitted tremendously from his administration in terms of licences and waivers. The thing is, when you allow those in power to get you into any compromise, speaking to them will be very difficult.

“I don’t know if any of those allegations were true, but I have seen enough to begin to think that they were not able to use our overwhelming influence. If you have benefitted from evil, you cannot talk about it, nor criticize it. Let everyone declare what he has received,” Mr. Bakare said in the magazine interview.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/189873-what-i-benefited-from-jonathan-pastor-bakare.html

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
Well, my respect for Bakare knows no bounds. A man of high esteem!

I wish it were that 'bling-bling' Warri Pastor, I would have given him a piece of my mind.

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by madridguy(m): 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
Confession time on point. Oya, let the Hell gate keeper and bling bling pastors tell us what they benefited from the Most corrupt leader on earth.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by merry02(m): 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
If I can't be precise on Buhari ministerial nominees, I am sure of pastor tunde bakare

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
I thought orubebe was an elder. Was he a church elder or a council of chiefs elder?

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by kennyddonn(m): 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
well said anyway....

hope u didn't collect money from some other people sha

but if I were to be him I won't reject I wud rather use d money wisely

maybe for missionary or the needy

I only knows it's between me and my maker

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by helphelp: 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
It's ok
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by onosprince(m): 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by reaky(m): 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
I should read that?

2 Likes

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by lekjons(m): 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
I thought orubebe was an elder. Was he a church elder or a council of chiefs elder?
No, a street fighter undecided

32 Likes

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by sukkot: 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
hmm
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ftc. Dedicated to Seun Osewa.
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Otherique: 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
So?
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by dedons: 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
I lost my respect for Bakare long ago...

And for those of you christians who are always quick to condemn Pastor ORITSEJAFOR...

All I can say is that you do not know what you are doing.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Jwhizzy(m): 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
No wonder Orubebe squalled like a wounded dog when jega announced results. $50k transport. Was it a space expedition?

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by raumdeuter: 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
[size=15pt]Did he offer you alcohol?[/size]

11 Likes

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by orobs93(m): 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jonathan

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by madridguy(m): 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
Elder in corruption affair.

ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

9 Likes

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by deebsman1(m): 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
Orubebeism, no wonder he wan die there that day wen dem dey announce election results

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by lalaciousfellow(m): 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
Hmmmm, wat a revelation. Though most religious leaders sold their conscience for money. I respect those that called a spade a spade.

24 Likes

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by dapsoneh: 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
OK, am waiting for ministerial list based on this revelation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by WIZGUY69(m): 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
Everyone knows that Jonathan's regime was corruption PERSONIFIED! wink

20 Likes

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by dre11(m): 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
He wants to hear the truth

But, those that did said the truth..... He never listen to them

He think he can buy the Man of God,
He thinks everyone has a monetary price like the bling bling pastor and the rest

So, $50,000 is now transport fare
A case of corrupt personified

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by ohiza: 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
Incase
Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Mynd44: 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
Wait $50,000 for transport?

How wont the Naira crash when even the government turned $ into the legal tender?

This is beyond crazy

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by OVI75(m): 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
who cares pastor.a pro-almajiri pastor cant say somtin beter.Attention seekin pastor who didnt get the needed attention.

16 Likes

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by joseph1832(m): 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
$50,000 dollars just for transportation! I'm sure if that money was offered to Ayo Oritsejafor he would have collected it without so much as blinking an eye lid.

Its such a pity that many of our so called religious leaders have been compromised with money!.

9 Likes

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by kokoA(m): 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
No wonder Orubebe felt the defeat morethan GEJ himself.. smh.. 50,000 dollars for "Tfare" shocked ah! That money can change my entire destiny.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Oceemo(m): 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
Thank God for Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by alaoeri: 10:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
Orubebe name will not be forgotten so easily. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by kokoA(m): 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
OVI75:
who cares pastor.a pro-almajiri pastor cant say somtin beter.Attention seekin pastor who didnt get the needed attention.
tell your pastor to come out openly and make such statement. I dare you.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by An2elect2(f): 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
well...they cant deceive me undecided Pastor my foot.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu & Allies Walk Out Angrily As APC South-West Leaders Meet - Vanguard / Dino Melaye's Guards Shot Police Sergeant. Police Summon Senator (Photo) / 2023: Two Ministers Seek Buhari’s Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.