Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB (28243 Views)

NNPCL Fails To Remit $6.9 Billion, Swaps $7.1 Billion Worth Of Crude In One Year / Yemi Osinbajo Holds Meeting WithWorld Bank, IMF Representatives / Nigeria’s New $6.9 Billion Foreign Loan Application – A Case Of Necessary Evil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Omoobadiwurabiy(m): 7:07am On Apr 07, 2020
BlueDomera:
Hmmm Nigeria and borrowing.

Well guys it is well.

Let me say a declaration to nairalanders.

Believe and receive with faith.

Whoever will send money to this account number, will receive a blessing he or she never expect before the end of this month.

Believe and receive

You will become a multi millionaire before the year ending

Eco bank 2331191559
Wrong Account Number..
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Aboguede(m): 7:07am On Apr 07, 2020
This was all the so called evil westerners wanted

To make nations indebted to them once more

Imagine 3.5b usd to enter 9ja only in 6 weeks

Oyibo na thiefs

If u know u know
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by yommen: 7:08am On Apr 07, 2020
Trueigbo:
Ndi ugwu huru ibi ego na Anya nke ukwu.

Seconded! Even though I don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Trueigbo: 7:08am On Apr 07, 2020
yommen:

Seconded! Even though I don't understand.

Ntinye gi akawu ....you must heee

Lol
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Ayesa: 7:08am On Apr 07, 2020
Out of the World Bank facility of $2.5bn, she said the sum of $1.5bn would go to the Federal Government while the balance of $1bn would go to the 36 state governments
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 07, 2020
Saliva don finish for my mouth, Biko. I'm fed up with this Government and our Leaders.
Borrowing only to squander.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by ajimotoke(m): 7:10am On Apr 07, 2020
Borrow borrow still yet nothing to show as achievement. I just pity for the coming generation, they got bills to pay grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 07, 2020
insatiable looters borrowing the future of the shithole away!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Urchman200: 7:12am On Apr 07, 2020
jeffizy:
The post is clear and understandable.

If and only if the government will judiciously use the loan and direct it to the appropriate quarters, it would have been heart warming.

But..... We know their best is to cut a knife through these loans and stuff it in their personal pockets.
I also know a day will come when all they siphon will be useless to them.
how well did they used the one that was previously borrowed? Before expecting them to make good use of this one? Make we dey deceive ourselves in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by igwefivestar(m): 7:13am On Apr 07, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Government of borrow borrow .

They've borrowed from almost all the countries and financial institutions of the world yet, nothing to show for it.

This APC government is the worst Nigeria ever had...
So much incompetence.
Borrow Borrow government.

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 07, 2020
jeffizy:
The post is clear and understandable.

If and only if the government will judiciously use the loan and direct it to the appropriate quarters, it would have been heart warming.

But..... We know their best is to cut a knife through these loans and stuff it in their personal pockets.
I also know a day will come when all they siphon will be useless to them.

We may already be there.
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 07, 2020
Cocolatti:
Why not direct this prayer to yourself so that you will not need to beg
o ye of little faith.

Why not try it and see
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 07, 2020
Omoobadiwurabiy:
Wrong Account Number..
it's correct.
Just believe
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Ultimategeneral: 7:15am On Apr 07, 2020
so #20b that was donated and the one that fg had before wasn't enough for them?
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by annisy(f): 7:15am On Apr 07, 2020
When this covid-19 is over Nigeria will be history economically!!!
APC IS a mistake,
The painful part of it is that some citizens are still blind to the fact that is a mistake

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Blitzerz: 7:15am On Apr 07, 2020
We must write letters to these banks to protest against borrowing us such money.

We can't openly sell the future of Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 07, 2020
MYHUBBY:

una don change pattern ba? the owner of the account can't bless himself to be a billionaire or you're forbidden from becoming one

this one na spiritual begging not more corporate begging. ask for help and stop patronising people's emotions
If only you know who directed me
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by tatatar: 7:16am On Apr 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Who does that? All the billions in donations no do una?

Kai these people will bankrupt and enslave this country like dis o.. Bunch of incompetent illiterates forming posh
What donations?
Is it 22billion naira that will counter the ill economic effect brought about by the coronavirus undecided
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by LEMVEG(m): 7:17am On Apr 07, 2020
Nigeria and borrowing!!! This isn't fair atal on us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by okokina16116: 7:17am On Apr 07, 2020
govt of APC thief's

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by bigpicture001: 7:17am On Apr 07, 2020
They've left China and return to traditional financial institutiin
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by MYHUBBY: 7:17am On Apr 07, 2020
BlueDomera:
If only you know who directed me

who directed you to be begging for money online? you better don't mention God name before you see his wrath

blessing and salvation is free. just deceive who you can jejely before I burst your scam

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by gabicon: 7:18am On Apr 07, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

https://punchng.com/nigeria-to-borrow-6-9bn-from-world-bank-imf-afdb/

Simply put we can no longer pay salaries as a result of the fall of oil prices, hence we have to borrow.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 07, 2020
This is a country that raised a budget of N10.5trillion.

And earmarked a huge sum of N2.7trillion for Loan Servicing.

I wanted to hear they would use this new loan to pay salaries and implement recurrent expenditure.

Rather I am reading that $1.5bn will go to Federal govt while $1bn will go to the states.

My question is HOW ?

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by EdiskyHarry: 7:19am On Apr 07, 2020
That means all what the next government will be doing in future is to be paying back the loan that this present government has borrowed..The next government should prepare to be fighting with a monster

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Mccullum: 7:21am On Apr 07, 2020
whytediamond:
As a Nation, we've refused to learn from history.

We repeat the same old mistake and expect a different result this time.

We go down the same old road expecting to arrive at a different destination.

Since we've refused to copy the templates of countries that wore same clothes like us in times past; we are not ready to go anywhere meaningful.

These countries have gone on to become giants in the global scheme of affairs, talking about China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, UAE, India and so many other smaller nations like Rwanda etc.

The templates they used, if applied here in Nigeria, will still work perfectly, but our leaders are too greedy, the masses are too lazy. The country cannot swallow its useless pride and shun religious and ethnic bias.

WE ARE NOT READY FOR PROGRESS.

I DEY VEX ALREADY.

Please don't vex, what are the templates those countries you mentioned applied?
Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Emmanuel226(m): 7:21am On Apr 07, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Government of borrow borrow .

They've borrowed from almost all the countries and financial institutions of the world yet, nothing to show for it.

This APC government is the worst Nigeria ever had...
So much incompetence.
no be u vote Dem :-}

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Hades2016(m): 7:22am On Apr 07, 2020
Borrow again !!!!! Buhari is an idiot... Borrowing since 5years and nothing to show for it... Who did we offend in this country

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by seedorfg(m): 7:22am On Apr 07, 2020
I swear, buhari government will finish this country, when (APC) their are through with this country Sudan will be the greatest country to Nigeria.

Buhari government and signing of Billion and Trillion .

Fear God o ..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by idanone(m): 7:23am On Apr 07, 2020
ebuk4real:
angry

Aside this covid-19 menace, this criminal of a government is the most corrupt contraption of a party that Nigeria has ever had.

Even the alleged corrupt PDP, in their entire inglorious 16years in power, didn't nor borrowed half of what this thieves have borrowed in their 5years so far, and are still borrowing, most of which they will still corner.

But what annoys the most? Them claiming they are fighting corruption and that their leader is a man of integrity. Of course, their own integrity has another meaning while their mode of operation have been: the more we look, the less we see....

One hopes they won't sell Nigeria by the time they are done in 2023.

Criminals!!!
smile people who voted them should see now

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:23am On Apr 07, 2020
Emmanuel226:
no be u vote Dem :-}

I no vote the useless party, APC.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB by Dreyton36: 7:23am On Apr 07, 2020
To do what exactly?

The name Nigeria sef dey vex me, did I tell me parents that I wanted to be a Nigerian?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio / Sanwo-olu Sworn-in As Governor Of Lagos / Garba Shehu Rules Out Buhari Breaking Fast With Saraki, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.