Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,692 members, 7,955,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:52 AM

Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (51159 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by fateavon4u(f): 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2011
hi guys,
first time writing bt been reading the thread since feb.my regards to choose4me and capti especially for all their contributions,it really helped me a lot.i couldnt apply in feb cos i stumbled on this thread very late and couldnt meet the deadline to send the english test, so that is that, so i have been doing a lot of reseach for the next application period and these was what i found:-

1.aalto university (helsinki sch of economics) www.hse.fi/eng runs some Bsc. programs in english.the application period ends on the 12th of april .to apply ,visit www.yliopistohaku.fi .some of the programs in the uni is Bsc and Msc joined 2gther so if u enter ,u don enter finish, lol, programs like intrl business,economics,business technology etc.check the website for more info.
the only clause is that u need SAT wrote from jan 2009 upwards,no entrance exam required and the list will be published betw jun-july.sch starts on the 15th of aug 2011.so the documents u need are WAEC and SAT, i think,

2.haaga-helia(helsinki) www.haaga-helia.fi has an adult education program.the only available undergrad progam in intrl business.evening class which can also be combine to day time classes,very flexible.the application period ends on the 31st of march 2011.go to the adult education website and download the form and send the form with WAEC,WORK EXPRIENCE WITH A MINIMUM OF 3 YEARS, no english test exam required .
the clause is this is that u will have to go to finland in may,may 6th precisely to write the entrance exam.

3.the international business program application period will start by late aug to sept.this is mainly for international business program.UAS that usually take part in ths are HAAGA-HELIA(this is where i intend going in spring 2012, lol),KYAMK(Bsc in intrl business and design),OULU(intrl business and business infromation tech, i think, ),LAHTI,SAMK(bsc in innovative business),TAMK( Bsc in soial services).
the clause is that u might have to go to finland to write the entrance exam.according to all the UAS website u will have to go to finland but am hopefully to write it here in africa cos of cost.the invitation to come write the entrance exam will be sent by early oct according to some of the uni.

4.HAAGA-HELIA has one slight disadvantage.they dont release their pre-reading material like other UAS.they send thiers will the invitation letter for the entrance exam therefore u might not have enuff time to study the material.

i dont no what it means to b a poster but i just thot i shall share the information, sorry if i didnt follow protocols, lol, serious
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by fateavon4u(f): 3:01pm On Mar 23, 2011
pardon my blunders,blame it on the keyboard, lmao,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by newacca: 3:29pm On Mar 23, 2011
@fateavon4u
thx for the information above. I think we can try this together. I need further information from you. Well,let me tell you my academic history. I have OND in Business in 2004, worked for my father's company till 2008,started my own business in 2008 and want to further on my education in an advanced country. Europe is not bad anyway,and Finland is no prob. which of the finnish Uni do you think I can try. I do not have SAT.
Pls. I welcome comments and advice from u and other nairalanders. keep it up
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 23, 2011
@fateavon, thanks for the contribution.We will learn from each other.Your info is great and genuine but From my research I will not advise anyone to apply for permit in finland just to write entrance exam.The cost is not the problem now.The truth is YOU WILL BE DENIED!, except the exam will not take place anywhere near Nigeria than finland, Welcome on board.See you there!
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by fateavon4u(f): 4:24pm On Mar 25, 2011
@ newacca,
i think you shld just use ur waec result and the work experience from 2004-2008.that is enough to apply, forget the OND they don't need it.
for the travelling to finland thingy, i hoping to get the invitation letter first then go to one of the schengen countries like Hungary(there are direct flights to Helsinki via wizzair) to get a one week visit which i think is enough time to write the entrance exam in finland and back.i think with a good arrangement it is possible.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by newacca: 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2011
@fateavon4u,thx for the useful information. I think I will apply using my WAEC and work experience,but that will be for 2012 intake. Also,the issue of getting visa to write exams is the major clause. I have never travelled b4. Though I have once applied for netherlands in 2008 and I was refused,I filed appeal,won the appeal but I was given condition b4 being issued d visa. I was tld to prove dat there is money in the acct. I was requested to produce statement acct for 3 previous mths and I did not have good bank history in my acct for the 3 prev.months,so I did not go for the visa. I am planning to re-apply,so I think I have an edge cos I have good banking history on my acct. now. I do not know if Netherlands is close to Finland and I think it will cost me money taking all these process. I am confused, But I believe.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Isapro1(m): 4:30pm On Apr 19, 2011
IHello House i need info on When is the next application coming up for Master Program 2012 in take, ?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by ame2407: 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2011
pls house when is the result for the just concluded entrance exam done in ghana coming out?

Best Regards,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 1:42am On Apr 20, 2011
@Isapro,i'm sorry I cant help you much on that cuz I'm not sure.Check the schools websites.You should find the necessary info there.
@Ame2407,the just concluded entrance exam in ghana will have its results out on 30th May
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by roselex: 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2011
pls give me info of schools that does computer sci,i will like to write my entrance exam at ghana
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 31, 2011
@choose4me I want to thank you for creating this dis thread and commend you for d quick response to all enquiries/questions. I want to apply for next year admission but not sure if my result will be accepted becuz i have 4 papers in SSCE and d remaing 1 paper in GCE both of same year(2001). Pls let me knw if i can combine d 2 result to apply before i proceed with Toefl registration. Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Isapro1(m): 10:32pm On Jun 20, 2011
@choose4me , Abeg add me on FB , Isapro1@yahoo.com, we go fit still IM each other abeg i need informaton regarding this finland issue abeg
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by danie09(m): 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2011
For those who are interested in the next round of admission (2012-2013 session) most especially masters courses. I will like us to continue this thread , cos i am planning to study a masters degree in a computer related course and the admission process for masters courses seems to be totally different from the bachelors programmes. So if you are also interested i can give you some useful tips. (Please am not a travel agent or an educattion expert so am not asking anybody money for any info am just a prospective student and hope to make use of this thread to get and pass useful info.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by callygood: 5:13am On Jun 23, 2011
this is a very good idea bro.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Isapro1(m): 3:22am On Jun 25, 2011
@danie09 subscribing
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by danie09(m): 8:19am On Jun 25, 2011
To make your Msc course and school search easier please avoid those polythecnics (the so called university of applied sciencec) because they only offer MBA programmed and you need a 3years work experience in a managerial field to be qualified for admission. Go to http://www.universityadmissions.fi/ you can choose to study in any of the e institutions listed on the UAF website. And also i will advice that you contact the school regarding their specific requirements for your course of study because from my inquiry i realise that some school base their selection on the division of your Bsc degree thus making it difficult for holders of second class lower degrees while other school consider other things like the contents of the individual courses listed in your transcript and how relevant it is to your proposed course of study and also your language test score.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by omonjerry: 12:53pm On Jun 25, 2011
I need info when the master program is resuming in finland this 2011
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2011
People like Tom28 are the greatest threat to Nigeria's development. These are the types that will vote for clueless leaders because not only is he clueless himself but lives in his own little fantasy world were the leaders we have had in the past have so developed the country that Nigeria is better than one of the most developed countries in the world.

God forbid Tom28 ever holds political office. Now we know why most political office holders are oblivious of the plight of the average Nigeria. They think like Tom28 and constantly hallucinate of Nigeria as having a high standard of living and seek to enrich themselves rather than develop the country.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2011
People like Tom28 are the greatest threat to Nigeria's development. These are the types that will vote for clueless leaders because not only is he clueless himself but lives in his own little fantasy world, were the leaders we have had in the past have so developed the country that Nigeria is better than one of the most developed countries in the world.

God forbid Tom28 ever holds political office. Now we know why most political office holders are oblivious of the plight of the average Nigerian., They think like Tom28 and constantly hallucinate of Nigeria as having a high standard of living and seek to enrich themselves rather than develop the country.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by joideviv(m): 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2011
Pls i wanna know if there is any uni abroad dat accepts a Neco result?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by danie09(m): 6:30am On Jun 26, 2011
omonjerry:

I need info when the master program is resuming in finland this 2011
admissions for 2012-13 sessions will start by late november and will end by mid february 2012. But the exact deadlines have not been fixed yet and all schools are even yet to update their website for the 2012-13 session. But the information for the 2011 iis. Also applicable for the incoming session and you can check www.universityadmissions.fi For a list of the universities.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by omonjerry: 10:34am On Jun 26, 2011
Thanks broda ,because someone just inform me that there is September batch 2011
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 28, 2011
Good Luck to Everyone!
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by danie09(m): 9:26pm On Jun 29, 2011
omonjerry:

Thanks broda ,because someone just inform me that there is September batch 2011
. Bro i doubt that o. You can check the websites of the universities for more info.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by ibboywale: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2011
hello MR chooseme , i will like us to chat , since you are on line my email address is musa_adewale@yahoo.com,

please reply if you are still on line

thanks
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2011
Check ur email
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by ibboywale: 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2011
okay thanks i got the mail,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Francis234(m): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2011
@chose4me Av bin readying ur mesages wit kin interest.n i think u av bin doin a great job. God bless u.pls i av questions.do they accept nabteb results. 2.both my waec n nabteb r 2010 result. I wud like to study nursing,do they av it. For next admision wen can i start.my chemistry in waec was cancel so i sat 4 d nabteb. Sir, d entrance exam wat was it like. Give an idea if posibu.wen is d admision 4 next yr startin.if am nt too 4ward pls.u can add me on facebook. Ewascodreamin@yahoo.com. N my mail is ekolerefrancis@gmail.com.thanks
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2011
this is a lil hard, as far as I know of they dont take nabteb.I only know of waec and neco.but looking from another angle they accept certificates that make you eligible for admission into a uni/poly in nigeria and i guess nabteb is, but the combination is another issue im not clear about, the next application period that i think you can get in will be january 2012.so get your toefl/ielts ready.when the time comes you will get info/help here,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by cluzdcobra(m): 10:57am On Jul 21, 2011
please i am posting for the first time,but i hav been following this thread,, will like yall to keep the thread open as it can b of great help when i start my application for 2012.thanks guyz.:-)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Jubril Gawat: What The Yaba Train Station Will Look Look When Finished / Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' / Nigerian Woman Racially Abused A White Man On Train Going To London (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.