Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) (33804 Views)

Kwara Assembly Revokes Alimi Chalet Acquired By Saraki / FG Revokes Six Oil Licences, Gives Reasons / Kano Govt Revokes Contracts Of Contractor Who Filmed Ganduje Bribe Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by dre11(m): 1:07pm On Apr 07, 2020
The Nigerian Government has revoked Oil Mining Licences (OML) of 11 oil and gas companies operating in the Marginal Fields.

The Guardian learnt that the affected companies include Movido–Ekeh, Goland – Otiti, Independent Energy – Ofa, Associated-Tom Shot Bank, Bayelsa – Ayala, Sogenal – Akeni and Delsigma–Ke.

Others are Bicta–Ogedeh, Guarantee–Ororo, Eurafic-Dawes Island and Sahara–Tsekelewu.

While The Guardian learnt that the companies were served letters on Monday to hands-off the asset, a spokesperson for Department of Petroleum Resources, Paul Osu, who did not directly confirm the development, requesting a time to establish the truth, justified any decision to terminate the licenses, stressing that the companies have been offered enough time to turn the assets around.

Osu insisted that should the Federal Government revoke the licence, it was in the best interest of Nigerians, particularly as there were needs to derive maximum value from available resources.

The Guardian, however, learnt that a number of the companies have reportedly gone far in their operations and are simply waiting for DPR to grant necessary permits to conduct well tests, start production, evacuate and sell.

Some of the companies have reportedly produced oil, stored in storages as some currently have their crude in export pipelines.

The licences were offered in 2013 and the companies were expected to bring the fields into production in five years but were offered an extension.

Some of the operators contacted by The Guardian declined comment, stating that they would need to convene their boards before taking a stand.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/nigeria-revokes-eleven-oil-licenses/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by Patrioticman007(m): 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
What a world, these actions will only lead to litigations in our courts that are on Aunty Coro break.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by damosade(m): 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hmnnn. Scammers scam scameress.

Just a way to divert our attention.

Buhari should come out of his hidden bed.

Chad president is making a landmark even in the face of corona.
Major general jekojeko..tueeeee

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
FTC!. Huraaay i made it.Mama i'm the fifth to comment. cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by ArmaniUhuru: 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
Revoked from looters, to be allocated to another set of looters.

Revoke kee una.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by tammie24: 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
Always one thing or another to divert people's attention

Revoke and allocate to your family members

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by wealth442: 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
Naija na wa
Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by MansoryMX(m): 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
This is witch-hunting against south south oil firms.. angry

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by BabyApple(m): 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
Someone is hungry here abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by infogenius(m): 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
cheesy
I think the time has come for me to apply/lobby for an oil licence.
What are u waiting for? Give a try.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by Lovelies1: 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
F
Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by visijo(m): 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
No matter how comfortable you can be in a relationship, never visit your partner unannounced �

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by PrinxArthur1(m): 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
Expect more crude oil theft!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by Sunnycliff(m): 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
Another oil to grease some fresh hands
Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by Houseofglam7(f): 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
cheesy
Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
oil and gas companies belonging to who ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by ironheart(m): 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
This is where we are loosing money.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by spafu(m): 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
Ok
Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by Jaepea: 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
all this small, small oil and gas company, they siphoning our oil money

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by Tetrahedron: 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
Why are the names sounding very funny

Which company dey bear skelewu?, Tom shot bank?

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by richidinho(m): 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
Ok
Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by infini771: 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
Individuals should not have oil wells. The country needs money to do a lot of things. Can you imagine the type of name these guys used to allocate oil wells to themselves, while they were in power.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by paulolee(m): 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
seriously don't Kno how this news affects the lives of hungry citizens sitting at home all day with no source of income to take care of welfare n Oda needs in this individualistic inflated commodity market price...pls if the f.g can't take care of the citizens jus cancel this lockdown n find anoda way of fighting this virus naa..
in other news....one Bea wan lap come my ous...she was online yesterday n I asked her if she's still coming n she gave an indirect ansa "mk we de c Sha"...called her 5 times dis morning bcoz m alone n d level of conji was higher Dan usual after d nite rain n she no pik...I control option b in ma hood to lap kum ous bcoz my Moni for c.d wey I buy 5 pack for 130 each against d normal 100 no go waste naa...now after 2 rounds n we de relax after eating naim d new one de text me say she de road to my place mk I keep Moni for bike...bike for dis lockdown?? I tell her not to wori br she say she don already enter am...I just drop her number for my guys group chat say bodi wey want d package n get Moni for her bike to grab d offer n I go text her d location b4 she land ous kum c me n plan b only for one of my guys for d group chat to ping say d gal bin jus leave him ous n him no go lyk eat her kebab again even if d Bea too sweet n she sabi ride n gv head job( c temptation for jobless Mee)...me I kum de reason now to take BK d deal, forgive her n accept her kabab n discharge d plan b....pls ous she d plan mk sense??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by rawtouch: 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by Eteka1(m): 2:00pm On Apr 07, 2020
Simple. The licences were issued in 2013 and they were supposed to start production not later than 5 years. This makes 7 years.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Revokes Eleven Oil Licenses (names) by AsawanaDgreat: 2:00pm On Apr 07, 2020
Issorite more trouble ahead

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caption This Photo / Our Party Leaders Are Fraudulent, Shameful And Dishonest – Yakubu Dogara Group / Buhari Commissions A Flyover At Spera Indio, Abakaliki, Ebonyi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.