Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,337 members, 7,860,836 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:06 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today (2116 Views)

Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by Organiccourses: 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2020
Worldwide, the witnesses of Jehovah are celebrating the Lord's evening meal, join us jw.org after sunset
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by Slimslimqq: 11:14pm On Mar 09, 2021
replied..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:37am On Mar 10, 2021
This year 27th of March 2021.
You're invited!

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by freshboi88: 7:36am On Mar 10, 2021
Which Lord again....I thought there is only one Lord and that's Jehovah. So y r u celebrating Jesus.....who asked you to celebrate Jesus's death and call him Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:57am On Mar 10, 2021
You only need to calm down and learn {Romans 10:2-3} there are two Lords one is the Almighty {Exodus 6:2-3; Psalms 83:18} while the other is his servant {Psalms 110:1} we are commemorating the death of the lesser {Luke 19:22} through whom we connect with the greater. John 14:6
So try to be swift while listening {James 1:19} by doing this you will not accuse people wrongly! Ecclesiastes 7:9

You're cordially invited to the remembrance of our Lord's death, it's the one and only thing he asked us to keep doing to remember him {1Corinthians 11:25} thanks for your comments God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

freshboi88:
Which Lord again....I thought there is only one Lord and that's Jehovah. So y r u celebrating Jesus.....who asked you to celebrate Jesus's death and call him Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by Emusan(m): 8:13am On Mar 10, 2021
freshboi88:

You can even see him saying There are TWO Lords

When the scripture says there's ONE LORD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by Ktunzmusic: 8:20am On Mar 10, 2021
God has given us power, authority and dominion over all things. Activate that authority and it will work for you in Jesus name. Authority over diseases, demons and death. This is a song that preach the Gospel of Jesus and what God can do for us if we serve Him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC-07tA5R_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HCzmyMP7wQ
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:38am On Mar 10, 2021
Psalms 110:1 KJV smiley

Emusan:

You can even see him saying There are TWO Lords
When the scripture says there's ONE LORD
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by Emusan(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Psalms 110:1 KJV smiley

Where is the plurality in that verse?

And you know more than Apostle Paul who says there is ONE LORD
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2021
The truth of the matter is Paul clarified matters as a Christian. There are two Lords, Paul said one God and one Lord {1Corinthians 8:6} but if you read the KJV that most Churchgoers approve David said @ Psalms 110:1 "The LORD said to my Lord"
The NWT rendered that verse more appropriately saying "Jehovah said to my Lord" in harmony with Paul's letter at 1Corinthians 8:6.
So there is one God (JEHOVAH) and one Lord (Jesus) yet JEHOVAH is LORD over Jesus {1Corinthians 11:3} which means there are TWO Lords! smiley

Emusan:

Where is the plurality in that verse?
And you know more than Apostle Paul who says there is ONE LORD
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MightySparrow: 9:29am On Mar 10, 2021
Another confusion: some preach the Law, some Grace, some can't tell the difference. JWs belong belong the last group. Delusion.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MightySparrow: 9:38am On Mar 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The truth of the matter is Paul clarified matters as a Christian. There are two Lords, Paul said one God and one Lord {1Corinthians 8:6} but if you read the KJV that most Churchgoers approve David said @ Psalms 110:1 "The LORD said to my Lord"
The NWT rendered that verse more appropriately saying "Jehovah said to my Lord" in harmony with Paul's letter at 1Corinthians 8:6.
So there is one God (JEHOVAH) and one Lord (Jesus) yet JEHOVAH is LORD over Jesus {1Corinthians 11:3} which means there are TWO Lords! smiley

Jesus himself confirmed himself as lord. the Apostles accepted this and communicated to us. phil. 2: 11
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by Emusan(m): 10:11am On Mar 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Only if you can see your own delusion.

You're trying to condemn KJV yet it's the same KJV that you derive your TWO LORDS from because going by NWT, it means Jehovah isn't LORD.

You couldn't see this because your brain has been blocked by the lying organization.

Just imagine this contradiction in one statement.

Truth will continue to hunt you.

Keep living in your delusions!

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:35am On Mar 10, 2021
Thanks for commenting Sir, God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

Emusan:

Only if you can see your own delusion.
You're trying to condemn KJV yet it's the same KJV that you derive your TWO LORDS from because going by NWT, it means Jehovah isn't LORD.
You couldn't see this because your brain has been blocked by the lying organization.
Just imagine this contradiction in one statement.
Truth will continue to hunt you.
Keep living in your delusions!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:36am On Mar 10, 2021
It's OK Sir God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

MightySparrow:
Jesus himself confirmed himself as lord. the Apostles accepted this and communicated to us. phil. 2: 11
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by Emusan(m): 11:54am On Mar 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Thanks for commenting Sir,
You're welcome for commenting sir

God bless you
You mean Jehovah can bless me, who is not JWs
and may you have PEACE! smiley
You think I'm JWs who doesn't have peace?
I already have peace in my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:57am On Mar 10, 2021
Oh that's great, thanks Sir! smiley

Emusan:

You're welcome for commenting sir
You mean Jehovah can bless me, who is not JWs
You think I'm JWs who doesn't have peace?
I already have peace in my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by Image123(m): 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
This year 27th of March 2021.
You're invited!

What has Jesus Christ done in your life that you are celebrating? Has He saved you, does He live in you?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by Kobojunkie: 1:43pm On Mar 10, 2021
Organiccourses:
Worldwide, the witnesses of Jehovah are celebrating the Lord's evening meal, join us jw.org after sunset
celebrating? Lord's evening meal? Sounds more like they choose that day to come together to eat the last supper/communion. undecided

And here I thought I was going to read of some sort of festival, where I can load up on free food.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
[sub][/sub] celebrating? Lord's evening meal? Sounds more like they choose that day to come together to eat the last supper/communion. undecided
In our neighbourhood we do invite people we know for merriment but Jesus commanded us to continue PROCLAIMING this until he returns to clean the earth of the cause of his death (Sin)

And here I thought I was going to read of some sort of festival, where I can load up on free food.
If you're close to JWs you'll surely be invited when we are partying! smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
Please can you relate just one example in the New Testament having to do with your question? smiley

Image123:

What has Jesus Christ done in your life that you are celebrating? Has He saved you, does He live in you?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

In our neighbourhood, we do invite people we know for merriment but Jesus commanded us to continue PROCLAIMING this until he returns to clean the earth of the cause of his death (Sin)

If you're close to JWs you'll surely be invited when we are partying! smiley
Jesus Christ never commanded that we invite anyone who does not believe in Him to communion. This is clear in the fact that only those who had walked with Him for a period of almost 3 and half years were with Him during the feast - not every one is invited.

Communion is no merriment. It is the signing of a contract over one's life to God - an eternal agreement that should not be taken lightly by anyone as the consequence of breaching said contract is eternal.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2021
Wow!
May God bless you again and again and again for this intelligent observation.
Yes! Jesus only gathered those concerned to eat this supper with him. Remember that his disciples are more than 500 at his departure, one could ask "why were the remaining 480+ not part of the supper?
Well the answer is that Jesus only initiated this event picking only those he knew his father will approve to join him ruling in his kingdom {Luke 22:30} also note out of the 500 that witnessed Jesus' ascension only 120 were baptized with the Holy Spirit! Act 1:15; 1Corinthians 15:6
Now Apostle Paul in his letter said some CHRISTIANS were falling sick and a quite number are dying because they are EATING and DRINKING of the communion unworthily {1Cotinthians 11:27-30} this are people who have been baptized before everyone in the name of Jesus, they've been expelled from the synagogues for accepting Jesus as Lord, and they're part and parcel of the Christian congregation, so why are they dying? embarassed
Well it's because they are invitees like millions of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES today who only come around to observe how the BORN AGAIN Christians do their thing!
I often tell most people that the real JWs are lesser than 10,000 in number, we holding onto them are like the people of the nations saying "we will go with you people because we have heard that God is with you people" Zachariah 8:23
So the millions of JWs you know are none of the real brothers of Christ in our midst, we are only inviting our neighbours to come and observe how Christ's brothers do celebrate their coming Kingdom with the commemoration of the death of our leader the King of Kings and Lord of lords Jesus Christ!

May you have PEACE! smiley

Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never commanded that we invite anyone who does not believe in Him to communion. This is clear in the fact that only those who had walked with Him for a period of almost 3 and half years were with Him during the feast - not every one is invited.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by Image123(m): 2:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Please can you relate just one example in the New Testament having to do with your question? smiley

One example of what?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
What has Jesus Christ done in your life that you are celebrating?"
Was your question. smiley
So i asked you to cite just one example of someone in whose life Jesus did something before joining in the remembrance of Jesus' death. Please try to correlate it with your second question having to do with salvation, and how Jesus is living in the person.
Thank you in advance! smiley

Image123:

One example of what?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Communion is no merriment. It is the signing of a contract over one's life to God - an eternal agreement that should not be taken lightly by anyone as the consequence of breaching said contract is eternal.
No Sir i disagree with you on this!

The supper is not the making of the first century Christians, God picked whoever he wishes among them to become part of the ruling team.
James and John (the sons of Zebedee) went to Jesus with their mother to plead for this appointment but Jesus told them frankly that it's not by their own doing neither does he (Jesus himself) has any say in this matter but God is the one who chooses whoever he pleases. So what they just need to do first is to accept Jesus as Lord then continue doing what God's son ordered them to do. God will select from among them those he want as corulers with his son in heaven! Matthew 20:20-23 smiley
So it has nothing to do with anyone signing a contract because many are called but FEW ARE CHOSEN {Matthew 22:14} note that word "CHOSEN" therefore nobody can choose himself for this privilege, that's what the chosen ones in the first century called Underserved kindness (Grace) Romans 12:3;
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by Image123(m): 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
What has Jesus Christ done in your life that you are celebrating?"
Was your question. smiley
So i asked you to cite just one example of someone in whose life Jesus did something before joining in the remembrance of Jesus' death. Please try to correlate it with your second question having to do with salvation, and how Jesus is living in the person.
Thank you in advance! smiley

You do not know that Jesus did anything in the life of His disciples? See question oh. Asking me to give one example of someone Jesus did something in his life. So, WHAT has Jesus done in your life that you are celebrating? Has He saved you, does He live in you?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by Image123(m): 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

No Sir i disagree with you on this!

The supper is not the making of the first century Christians, God picked whoever he wishes among them to become part of the ruling team.
James and John (the sons of Zebedee) went to Jesus with their mother to plead for this appointment but Jesus told them frankly that it's not by their own doing neither does he (Jesus himself) has any say in this matter but God is the one who chooses whoever he pleases. So what they just need to do first is to accept Jesus as Lord then continue doing what God's son ordered them to do. God will select from among them those he want as corulers with his son in heaven! Matthew 20:20-23 smiley
So it has nothing to do with anyone signing a contract because many are called but FEW ARE CHOSEN {Matthew 22:14} note that word "CHOSEN" therefore nobody can choose himself for this privilege, that's what the chosen ones in the first century called Underserved kindness (Grace) Romans 12:3;

Do you accept Jesus as Lord or servant?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
Jesus commanded his followers to keep doing something in remembrance of him, but here you are asking what Jesus has done in the life of a person who believes in Jesus' order to join in the commemoration of his death.
Please did the scriptures say Jesus must do something in the life of each disciple before they obey his commandment? smiley
That's why i asked you to cite just one example of a disciple who joined in the commemoration and tell this forum what Jesus did in the life of that person.
Let me assist you a bit, the first set of people with Jesus during the initiation of this event were the 11 Apostles. So tell me what Jesus did in the life of one of them before they qualified to join or participate in the remembrance of his death! smiley

You're just full of credulous ideas of your Pastors that has nothing to do with the scriptures and here you are furious and ready to argue pointlessly. Please humble yourself for wisdom, Jesus never said something must happen in the life of his disciples before they obey his orders, in fact he said many of his first century Jewish followers believe him because they saw him and his miraculous works but blessed are they like Maximus who never saw Jesus but believe based on what i found written about him! John 20:29 smiley

Image123:

You do not know that Jesus did anything in the life of His disciples? See question oh. Asking me to give one example of someone Jesus did something in his life. So, WHAT has Jesus done in your life that you are celebrating? Has He saved you, does He live in you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2021
Well tell me about your own Jesus first then i will tell you whether i accept that one, i know the Jesus i beleive in and i've heard so much about other Jesus that's totally contrary to my own Jesus! smiley

Image123:

Do you accept Jesus as Lord or servant?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Wow!
May God bless you again and again and again for this intelligent observation.
Yes! Jesus only gathered those concerned to eat this supper with him. Remember that his disciples are more than 500 at his departure, one could ask "why were the remaining 480+ not part of the supper?
Well the answer is that Jesus only initiated this event picking only those he knew his father will approve to join him ruling in his kingdom {Luke 22:30} also note out of the 500 that witnessed Jesus' ascension only 120 were baptized with the Holy Spirit! Act 1:15; 1Corinthians 15:6
I am sorry but none of what you said there makes any sense to me. Jesus Christ ate that Passover, that year, only with those who had walked with Him longest - those whom He had taught of all His Truth(covenant) and were in effect to then go on to the doing of the work that God had for them to do.
MaxInDHouse:
Now Apostle Paul in his letter said some CHRISTIANS were falling sick and a quite number are dying because they are EATING and DRINKING of the communion unworthily {1Cotinthians 11:27-30} this are people who have been baptized before everyone in the name of Jesus, they've been expelled from the synagogues for accepting Jesus as Lord, and they're part and parcel of the Christian congregation, so why are they dying? embarassed
Well it's because they are invitees like millions of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES today who only come around to observe how the BORN AGAIN Christians do their thing!
I often tell most people that the real JWs are lesser than 10,000 in number, we holding onto them are like the people of the nations saying "we will go with you people because we have heard that God is with you people" Zachariah 8:23
So the millions of JWs you know are none of the real brothers of Christ in our midst, we are only inviting our neighbours to come and observe how Christ's brothers do celebrate their coming Kingdom with the commemoration of the death of our leader the King of Kings and Lord of lords Jesus Christ!
May you have PEACE! smiley
Paul's opinion that those who ate communion "unworthily" were falling sick, has nothing to do with what Jesus Christ said or taught. If you choose to believe what Paul says that is all you. And you attempt to pretend this all has to do with your cult there, is all you and nothing else.
Jesus Christ never said anything about persons eating communion "unworthily". Judas Iscariot ate communion, but it is not listed anywhere in the accounts of the prophets or the disciples that the reason he even killed himself was that he, Judas, ate communion "unworthily".

What I simply meant is that communion, the drinking of Jesus' blood and the eating of Jesus's flesh, is meant as sealing of one's body, mind, and soul to the New Covenant agreement between God and man, and do is not for all persons. Only those who are truly ready for such an eternal commitment should partake of the meal, with the full knowledge that Covenant is eternally binding.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Celebrate Lord's Memorial Today by MightySparrow: 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
It's OK Sir God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

DOES your NWT render it differently?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Know God? / For Those That Says That God Doesnt Exist!! / s All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.