Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,408 members, 7,853,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice (2287 Views)

Lagos Government Begins House-to-house Sharing Of Stimulus Package To The Aged / Lagos Government Brought Foodstuff To My Doorstep.. Have You Gotten Your Own? / Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice by Picadelly(m): 8:53am On Apr 08, 2020
xolocious:

Please where is the corner? Like where the corner dey? You're calling 2023 around the corner when he's yet to complete one of the four years.
Wake up bro coz you're on a long thing and many years ahead.
2023 far gan.
u feel 2023 is far..u are on a long thing too wakeup. It's because of Corona u have not been hearing about the plotting of who is rule us again by this set of rulers...sit there and be asking me where is the corner..
Re: All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice by SharonLoveth(f): 9:02am On Apr 08, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

Lol, face the consequences but yet you were shouting half bread is better than none.

Hypocrisy at it's peak.

If the excuse is half bread is better than nothing, then the government shouldn't complain when some people don't pay tax.

You can't collect from everyone without giving back to everyone in time of need

Mind you not all is paying tax in Nigeria, you can't compare taxes pay here with your own.. Reason to that
Re: All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice by fergie001: 9:03am On Apr 08, 2020
LivingSage:
How do they pay it please? The only Nigerians that pays taxes are Government workers because everything is removed before their salaries are given! Aside them, please tell me how other Nigerians pays directly and indirectly
Most private Companies in Lagos do same.

Majority of the men in Igbede are traders at Alaba Intnl and have so many leviea and taxes meted out to them.
Re: All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice by edoairways: 9:05am On Apr 08, 2020
LivingSage:
How do they pay it please? The only Nigerians that pays taxes are Government workers because everything is removed before their salaries are given! Aside them, please tell me how other Nigerians pays directly and indirectly
Levies imposed by the state and local government on food vendors, market sellers, bike riders etc. Indirectly is through sales tax, consumption tax, VAT etc. Aren't you paying VAT for your calls or is MTN not displaying each time you make a call.?
Re: All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice by properties4sale: 9:51am On Apr 08, 2020
LivingSage:
Are government no even shameless to share these disgraceful items angry
Meanwhile, we're all at fault. Let's ask ourselves, how much tax do we pay monthly to Government compare to abroad. It is the responsibility of the government to take good care of her citizen and paying taxes to Government is also constitutional even in our doctrines. So we're all at fault
What of me that have been paying my tax, more than 13% of my salary!!! For over 6years I have been working with the government, what have I gotten?
Re: All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice by alizma: 10:53am On Apr 08, 2020
Azmanaty:

Are u his tax adviser? All the tax being paid since 1960 what has the govt done with it other than loot them? Shut up if u have nothing to say. Two loaves of bread and u are here to talk trash.. undecided
This mentality is what have render you guys miserable over the years. How many country do you see their citizens complaining of not being provided for during this period of lock down or do you think that even the almight USA provide for all its citizens or you think the small Ivory coast, Ghana, Benin Ecuador, etc provide for all their citizens, hence the reason why they are not on social media complaining like you? Hell no.
You are poor here because you are always waiting for government to come to your help while citizens of other countries are planning to see how they can help their government. Change your thinking pattern.
Re: All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice by TheKingIsHere: 11:13am On Apr 08, 2020
SharonLoveth:

Mind you not all is paying tax in Nigeria, you can't compare taxes pay here with your own.. Reason to that

I am not saying everyone is paying tax, but rather you tax the people but don't want to return back to people. That's criminal.

Someone gave an example of how the Philippines government gave foodstuffs despite being a foreigner.

Why? Does he pay tax as a visitor? Does everyone in Philippines pay tax? No, yet the government provides for everyone.

That's a government that works not this piece of shit criminal govt
Re: All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice by Azmanaty: 11:42am On Apr 08, 2020
alizma:

This mentality is what have render you guys miserable over the years. How many country do you see their citizens complaining of not being provided for during this period of lock down or do you think that even the almight USA provide for all its citizens or you think the small Ivory coast, Ghana, Benin Ecuador, etc provide for all their citizens, hence the reason why they are not on social media complaining like you? Hell no.
You are poor here because you are always waiting for government to come to your help while citizens of other countries are planning to see how they can help their government. Change your thinking pattern.

Its your mother in the village that is miserable. If you have nothing to say, u shut that trap u call a mouth. When it suits you, u mention other countries. As if all the nations u mentioned above steals the way Nigerian leaders steals our collective wealth..
Re: All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice by ican2020: 11:55am On Apr 08, 2020
Nigeria government does not deserve any tax from Nigerians.
Re: All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice by Arijude(m): 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2020
LivingSage:
Are government no even shameless to share these disgraceful items angry
Meanwhile, we're all at fault. Let's ask ourselves, how much tax do we pay monthly to Government compare to abroad. It is the responsibility of the government to take good care of her citizen and paying taxes to Government is also constitutional even in our doctrines. So we're all at fault
you don't pay tax to looters rather you avoid it
Re: All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice by caprini1: 12:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
alizma:

I beg to differ,its an insult to say citizens of this country are waiting for government to help them.Help them how? Is it electricity,pipe borne water,social welfare ,health packages,good school ,security? which one has the government provided adequately? Please appreciate the tenacity and survival prowess of Nigerians for once.If there was no lockdown ,nobody gives a rats ass if government exists or not.

1 Like

Re: All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice by alizma: 12:22pm On Apr 08, 2020
Azmanaty:

Its your mother in the village that is miserable. If you have nothing to say, u shut that trap u call a mouth. When it suits you, u mention other countries. As if all the nations u mentioned above steals the way Nigerian leaders steals our collective wealth..
You haven't answer my question

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Constitution Of Western Nigeria 1952(Yorubaland) / 23 Year Old Lt. Buhari As Commander Of 2nd Battalion With Gen. Ironsi / Ipob Issues 200 Million Bounty On Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.