Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire (50919 Views)

Nigerians Criticize Accountant General, Commissioners Over UK Workshop / Buhari appoints Adeniran as Surveyor-General of the Federation / Properties Of Stella Udogwu, Former Accountant General Of Imo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Denko2721987(m): 2:02pm On Apr 08, 2020
talk2archy:
Office of the Accountant General of the Federation is currently on fire right now in Abuja.
The cause of the fire accident is yet to be disclosed as at the time of filing this reprts.

But we hope the fire-brigade officials make it to the scene on time to put out the fire to avoid more unpleasant news especially with national funds.

https://punchng.com/breaking-fire-guts-accountant-generals-office/?amp=1

hmmmmmmm.... This country?? Walahi if there is a heaven Nigerians wey go make am no go reach 10k...
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by dozzyhumble(f): 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2020
Chia God help us
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by truthfulparrot(m): 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
seunmsg:
The entire building or a part of the building? Hopefully, firefighters from area 10 will quickly put the situation under control.

Those of you insinuating that the fire was deliberate obviously lack knowledge of how far we’ve gone in Nigeria. Gone are the days when people steal money and then burn down the building to destroy records. Financial records can no longer be destroyed by merely burning a building. All transactions are now done through TSA, GIFMIS, REMITA and IPPIS. Federal government transactions are fully saved online and backed up at different locations. Essential records can never be lost to the fire.

Again, those insinuating that Covid-19 donations would be lost to the fire are very ignorant. All donations at federal level are paid directly into a CBN controlled account. All records are with CBN and not OAGF. Nobody can steal Covid-19 donations by burning OAGF building.
If only you know that vital informations are still being kept in files and desktops in most ministries without back up. I will not be surprised if they come out tomorrow and say that the lists of the poor Nigerians that they paid cash to has been destroyed in the Fire.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Nharncygrace(f): 2:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
I sell
Body cream
Facial cream
Shampoo
Conditioners
Aftershave for men
Men's facial cream
Roll on
Body spray
Anti wrinkle
Perfumes
Cleansers
Toothpaste
Crack heels repair
Lipsticks
Powder
Eye pencil
Eye shadow
Eye browse pencil
Lip balms
Body scrub
Etc

These products are purely organic, they do not bleach but deeply evens and moisturizes your skin leaving it naturally glow, fresher, supple ,tender,pimples free,young and wrinkles free while protecting your skin against all environmental aggressors such as sun,dust ,heat etc and there are 100% organic...no chemical and they’re natural
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by aimmoney9: 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2020
IT IS ON CHANNELS TV NOW IT IS NOT FAKE NEWS BUT REAL NEWS PLUS WE ALL KNOW IT WAS PURPOSELY DONE BY BUHARI GOVT TO BURN AN GET RID OF RECORDS OF MONIES STOLEN IN THE PAST AND THOSE THEY JUST STOLE RIGHT NOW....APC AND BUHARI HAS REALLY MORTGAGED THE FUTURE OF NIGERIANS.....WHEN BUHARI IS THROUGH WITH HIS TENURE IN 2023 HE SHOULD BE MADE TO FACE THE ICC FOR WAR CRIMES BORDERING ON GENOCIDE AND FUNDS EMBEZZLEMENT WHICH IS FAR GREATER THAN THAT OF ABACHA
LordviccoDaGuru:
fake news
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by babatawa(m): 2:09pm On Apr 08, 2020
Osobi32:
If this is true then some group of people are about to steal our money ooooooo

About to you say?
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by SocialJustice: 2:09pm On Apr 08, 2020
seunmsg:

I’ve been involved in auditing the office so I should know.
Oh that's nice. At least progress is being made is some aspect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by successity5(m): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2020
They have stolen money from the treasury, and they are looking for ways to cover their fraudulent activities
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by tylesh(f): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2020
This shouldn't be a surprise nah.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Bidi123: 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2020
Thieft and criminal government they have put fire oh after they have looted all the donations and the account. coronavirus will kill all them oh thief thief government.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Amanda4life: 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2020
Olas16198901:
They looted all the donations and they engulfed the building with fire. Nigeria my country i like it bajebaje, no one to prosecute them.

Nature will prosecute them.

Sickness will prosecute them
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Olabode971(f): 2:25pm On Apr 08, 2020
during election period various electoral offices were burnt as cover up, now during Rona baby period, One Accountant General office is been set ablaze; know for sure, its for cover up.. But the question is... Why did the fire start from the Accountant General Office out numerous offices in that Big Building.. Other offices are not affected. Well, There is God. With time truth will prevail.

Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Otogah: 2:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
seunmsg:
The entire building or a part of the building? Hopefully, firefighters from area 10 will quickly put the situation under control.

Those of you insinuating that the fire was deliberate obviously lack knowledge of how far we’ve gone in Nigeria. Gone are the days when people steal money and then burn down the building to destroy records. Financial records can no longer be destroyed by merely burning a building. All transactions are now done through TSA, GIFMIS, REMITA and IPPIS. Federal government transactions are fully saved online and backed up at different locations. Essential records can never be lost to the fire.

Again, those insinuating that Covid-19 donations would be lost to the fire are very ignorant. All donations at federal level are paid directly into a CBN controlled account. All records are with CBN and not OAGF. Nobody can steal Covid-19 donations by burning OAGF building.

In other word you mean, there is no stealing or any form of corruption within the the Government?
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Kachi11061998(m): 2:32pm On Apr 08, 2020
Office Of The Accountant General Of The Federation, Ahmed Idris Is On Fire.

This Same Old Format To Cover Up All The Money They've Looted During This COVID-19 Pandemic. So Far, They Said Over N50 Billion Was Spent On Nigerians. Now, All The Records Are Burnt.

What A Cover Up!

I have a lot t tell my unborn children
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by seunmsg(m): 2:33pm On Apr 08, 2020
Otogah:

In other word you mean, there is no stealing or any form of corruption within the the Government?

How did you come to that conclusion?
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by seunmsg(m): 2:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
GEEBITE:
Please show us proof you work in Auditor general's office.By your two statements I have read so far,your knowledge of audit especially IT audit is in doubt.By the way do you have CISA certification?

CISA is not a requirement for working as an auditor in the office of the Auditor General for the federation.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by meforyou1(m): 2:36pm On Apr 08, 2020
Nbote:
Dis one na cover up fire ...

In which country? Dis one abi anoda one... Back up outside d office indeed..
and people actually liked liked this your ignorant statement?
The poster u quoted said the absolute. U think we Nigerians still live in d dark age?
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by seunmsg(m): 2:38pm On Apr 08, 2020
truthfulparrot:
If only you know that vital informations are still being kept in files and desktops in most ministries without back up. I will not be surprised if they come out tomorrow and say that the lists of the poor Nigerians that they paid cash to has been destroyed in the Fire.

National cash transfer office NCTO now under the supervision of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs is in charge of the conditional payment of cash to the poorest of the poor and not the office of the Accountant General Of The Federation.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Kolinakano: 2:40pm On Apr 08, 2020
seunmsg:

what will happen if they collect cash and loot them by this way?
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Jasongucci: 2:42pm On Apr 08, 2020
Haba APC, just becoz PDP say u should render account of subsidy. Shame on you
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by DataProNaija(m): 2:44pm On Apr 08, 2020
seunmsg:

Where is the lie here? This is intelligently said.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by kemi1156: 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
5i4xxpqu4v
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by GEEBITE: 2:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
Yes we know of course,medicority(as a pass degree is allowed in civil service) or ethnic balancing is enough.I asked because I can deduce you will not know jack in systems audit and once they told you a document has been stored up in cloud servers you will take it hook line and sinker as you have no means or expertise in tracking it. Thank you for accepting your limitations.
seunmsg:

CISA is not a requirement for working as an auditor in the office of the Auditor General for the federation.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by adedayoa2(f): 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
seunmsg:

He wants proof that you work with Auditor General, he wants to add to your salary.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by kenmaro: 2:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
Corona virus funds going underground. Set the office on fire and there will be no document to audit.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by seunmsg(m): 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2020
GEEBITE:
Yes we know of course,medicority(as a pass degree is allowed in civil service) or ethnic balancing is enough.I asked because I can deduce you will not know jack in systems audit and once they told you a document has been stored up in cloud servers you will take it hook line and sinker as you have no means or expertise in tracking it. Thank you for accepting your limitations.

I can bet you were still in secondary school when I qualified as a chartered accountant. This is a faceless forum so you’re free to run your mouth anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by olanewton(m): 2:57pm On Apr 08, 2020
Those of you insinuating that the fire was deliberate obviously lack knowledge of how far we’ve gone in Nigeria. Gone are the days when people steal money and then burn down the building to destroy records. Financial records can no longer be destroyed by merely burning a building. All transactions are now done through TSA, GIFMIS, REMITA and IPPIS. Federal government transactions are fully saved online and backed up at different locations. Essential records can never be lost to the fire. [b][/b]

I disagree with you. The presidency said to have withdrawn some billions of Naira and distributed through table payment to the poorest of the poor, trader/market money and other social investment program... In this case, there is no electronic/ any accurate data to verify the reports from the ministry of humanitarian and disaster how this money has been spent. The reason the leaders of the lower and upper chamber are trying to wage in...there is more to this fireoutbreak than you think.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by GEEBITE: 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2020
Only if you graduated earlier than 1998 will you be my senior at any level of education.
seunmsg:

I can bet you were still in secondary school when I qualified as a chartered accountant. This is a faceless forum so you’re free to run your mouth anyhow.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by seunmsg(m): 3:00pm On Apr 08, 2020
adedayoa2:
He wants proof that you work with Auditor General, he wants to add to your salary.

Don’t mind the guy. People like him would just come online and start arguing blindly about something they have very limited knowledge of.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by seunmsg(m): 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2020
Kolinakano:

what will happen if they collect cash and loot them by this way?

Collect cash from where?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nela Duke And Asuquo Ekpenyong's White Wedding Photos In Switzerland / Revolution Now Protesters Confront Police (Photos) / EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.