Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:36 AM

Does It Still Mean Anything? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does It Still Mean Anything? (778 Views)

Does Six Packs Abs Mean Anything To Naija Babes? / The Word "Dear" Does It Mean Anything Special / Flowers ; Does It Mean Anything To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Still Mean Anything? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2011
years ago when a guy/babe said ''I LOVE YOU'' it sent chills down your spine
nowadays its just a term that we use anyway we like

when u say i love you it is supposed to be to someone ure in love with
but we have made it a manipulative statement that we use to get what we want,

that makes me wonder is the average Nigerian capable of truly expressing his/her opinion with words
when you say i love you do you really mean it, or ure just using it for effect,

who is to blame, guys or babes
ladies wanna hear it even if its not true,
guys use it to soften their hearts even if they don't mean it

the most annoying thing right now is that we have now graduated to using more serious words
like ''i love you, i want to marry you'' a girl u have not even known,
just saw one annoying one on facebook right now, imagine

that makes me to start asking
who is really to blame for all this hypocrisy?
where do you draw the line between like and love?
and when u say somthing you don't really mean just to enter jerusalem
how do you feel afterwards?

as for me i believe guys are more guilty, and the ladies have not helped the situation either,
Re: Does It Still Mean Anything? by Mobsync(m): 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Does It Still Mean Anything? by Mygoldie(f): 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2011
@OP you are right,as for me.when i say ''i love you'' to someone,i mean it from the depth of my heart,hence i don't say it often.
and when a guy i just met says'' i want to marry you''
i sees him as a liar and a heartbreaker.cos guys uses that to decieve alot of girls these days.

i have a friend who was heartbroken recently,this guy practically calls her his wife and introduce her to his friends as his wife to be,but on the long run,he left her and went ahead to marry someone else,another girl who attends thesame Uni as my friend.
One have to be careful these days,because there are lots of snakes(guys) in sheep clothing out there.
Re: Does It Still Mean Anything? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2011
Mygoldie:

@OP you are right,as for me.when i say ''i love you'' to someone,i mean it from the depth of my heart,hence i don't say it often.
and when a guy i just met says'' i want to marry you''
i sees him as a liar and a heartbreaker.cos guys uses that to decieve alot of girls these days.

i have a friend who was heartbroken recently,this guy practically calls her his wife and introduce her to his friends as his wife to be,but on the long run,he left her and went ahead to marry someone else,another girl who attends thesame Uni as my friend.
One have to be careful these days,because there are lots of snakes(guys) in sheep clothing out there.
well thats good,
but also if you don't say it the lady doesn't seem to wanna get down,

that way they are not helping matters
i believe one should define the parameters of any relationship properly
get to know if u are in it
just for the fun
friends with benefit
trying it out
material gains,
or for real
the list is endless

even sugar daddies and mommies self they use i love you
imagine the abuse of the most potent force of the universe,
Re: Does It Still Mean Anything? by Areaboy2(m): 5:00pm On Jan 03, 2011
Kingsleyinfo:

years ago when a guy/babe said ''I LOVE YOU'' it sent chills down your spine
nowadays its just a term that we use anyway we like

no we dont!!! i dont know about u, but i never say it unless i mean it, even if it means me missing out on a nice booty, cant say it unless i absolutely mean it,
Re: Does It Still Mean Anything? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2011
Area_boy:

no we dont!!! i dont know about u, but i never say it unless i mean it, even if it means me missing out on a nice booty, cant say it unless i absolutely mean it,
good for you,
Re: Does It Still Mean Anything? by Carolece(f): 1:12am On Jan 04, 2011
People say it because they are in love. When people start loving each other then saying it may have more meaning. Its just the same as saying good morning to someone when the morning aint good.
Re: Does It Still Mean Anything? by Dsense(m): 1:58am On Jan 04, 2011
Op.
You have said it all . . . . . . .PpLE don't know the value anymore.
Re: Does It Still Mean Anything? by ShyOne(f): 5:07am On Jan 04, 2011
Area_boy:

I agree - it is good to know there are still people like you.
Re: Does It Still Mean Anything? by InkedNerd(f): 9:02am On Jan 04, 2011
@OP: I once had a boyfriend who told me that he loved me and I broke up with him when he said it [not the same day though]. Him saying he loved me made me think about a lot of stuff about the relationship. I knew for sure that I didn't love him and it made me realize that I didn't even like him. I was honest with him and told him my reasons and we went our separate ways. I could never lie like that to a dude--it just put the relationship in an awkward position.
Re: Does It Still Mean Anything? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 04, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: I once had a boyfriend who told me that he loved me and I broke up with him when he said it [not the same day though]. Him saying he loved me made me think about a lot of stuff about the relationship. I knew for sure that I didn't love him and it made me realize that I didn't even like him. I was honest with him and told him my reasons and we went our separate ways. I could never lie like that to a dude--it just put the relationship in an awkward position.
thats what i'm talking about, defining parameters
don't say u love him when u don't being honest at the beginning of any relationship
is usually the best idea, no matter what you are gonna loose,
D-sense:

Op.
You have said it all . . . . . . .PpLE don't know the value anymore.
so we abuse cry it too Bad ,
Carolece:

People say it because they are in love. When people start loving each other then saying it may have more meaning. Its just the same as saying good morning to someone when the morning aint good.
i don't really think so, i know people can change and stop loving each other,
what i'm more concerned is when people use it as a manipulative statement
imagine a guy just meeting a babe and he is saying i love you, or a babe telling a guy she
just met i love you cos he bought her something expensive. that's ain't right.
i love you isn't a way to greet anyone cos its a very serious commitment which every one should take seriously

not a joke to get what you want, there are berra ways to get what u want without making such a commitment when you don't mean it,
Re: Does It Still Mean Anything? by InkedNerd(f): 10:48am On Jan 04, 2011
Kingsleyinfo:

thats what i'm talking about, defining parameters
don't say u love him when u don't being honest at the beginning of any relationship
is usually the best idea, no matter what you are gonna loose

Yupp. When I hear people going around throwin' the 'L' word, I try to remind them that loving someone and being in love with someone are two different things.
Re: Does It Still Mean Anything? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 04, 2011
[sup][/sup]GBAM

(1) (Reply)

Only Married / Would You Believe In A Liar Who Admits He Is One? / Ladies Can You Give Your All To Someone That Has Not Really Done Much For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.