Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Which One Do You Think Is Worse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Which One Do You Think Is Worse? (1603 Views)

Having A Nigerian Wife And Kids In The UK Is Worse Than Slavery / "Dating A Broke Man Is Worse Than Contracting HIV And Aids" - South African Lady / Video: Any Man That Cannot Make A Woman Cum Is Worse Than Evans The Kidnapper'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by iLegendd(m): 11:35am On Apr 11, 2020
We have witnessed 2 hardships in Buhari's regime and my question is: Which one affected you more? Is it the 2016/2017 local recession or the 2020/2021 global recession?
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by iLegendd(m): 11:36am On Apr 11, 2020
You can add reason(s) why you think the one you mentioned is worse.
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by Takeit2017(m): 11:38am On Apr 11, 2020
iLegendd:
You can add reason(s) why you think the one you mentioned is worse.
Guy Na this time ooo
Local boys are broke
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by iLegendd(m): 11:39am On Apr 11, 2020
I'll go first.

2016/2017 is worse for me because I moved from 3 square meals a day to 1 and some days, I'll have no choice than to drink garri as I cry.
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 11, 2020
This one is just starting
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by iLegendd(m): 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
Isinweke:
This one is just starting

This is true, but what is your projection of what awaits us?
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by iLegendd(m): 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
Takeit2017:

Guy Na this time ooo
Local boys are broke

Are you sure? But I'm not seeing the sign. Is there something I'm missing?
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by hfinest1(m): 2:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
For me, it's this year's own that's worse.

Reason is cos as at 2016/17 own, I was still a student and my folks were still responsible for me. Although I was affected still, because my feeding and pocket money was reduced due to the hardship, but then, I had a backup way of getting small small cash that sustained me in school through one or two runs here and there. You know student environment offers loads of opportunities to make money off your fellow students if you're smart (which I am).

But now, I'm my own man, talking care of my own needs, and boy, it's not easy mehn... cos this year's own affect me directly. It has hit me hard mehn. Clients no dey pay again. Everybody dey complain say no money everywhere. I'm broke to a fault, and I'm stick inside the house. No chance to even enter street and run one or two side hustles like I used to do whenever I got broke, before this issue...

3 Likes

Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
iLegendd:

This is true, but what is your projection of what awaits us?

There will be strong hardship in the land, hungry will chase poor people out of their homes as they won't care about Coronavirus again, the government will try to stop them but the poor people will fight back, crime will increase, value of lives will be reduced.

Nigeria go scatter and it will affect the entire West Africa.

1 Like

Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by sexylassie2(f): 5:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
I won't blame buhari for recession but blame our reliance on oil for revenue.

Any shake in oil price always affect us.

Sincerely speaking, I have never suffered from any recession.
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by iLegendd(m): 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2020
Isinweke:

There will be strong hardship in the land, hungry will chase poor people out of their homes as they won't care about Coronavirus again, the government will try to stop them but the poor people will fight back, crime will increase, value of lives will be reduced.

Spot on. I can see it coming.
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by iLegendd(m): 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
hfinest1:
For me, it's this year's own that's worse.

Reason is cos as at 2016/17 own, I was still a student and my folks were still responsible for me. Although I was affected still, because my feeding and pocket money was reduced due to the hardship, but then, I had a backup way of getting small small cash that sustained me in school through one or two runs here and there. You know student environment offers loads of opportunities to make money off your fellow students if you're smart (which I am).

But now, I'm my own man, talking care of my own needs, and boy, it's not easy mehn... cos this year's own affect me directly. It has hit me hard mehn. Clients no dey pay again. Everybody dey complain say no money everywhere. I'm broke to a fault, and I'm stick inside the house. No chance to even enter street and run one or two side hustles like I used to do whenever I got broke, before this issue...

Standing on your own is never easy. I pray you overcome all financial obstacles.
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by sexylassie2(f): 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
Isinweke:

Historically, we are used to suffering, nothing will happen except increase in crime.

Nigerians will continue to suffer and calling on God to save them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by iLegendd(m): 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
sexylassie2:

You're right. We are too relied on oil. If you ask me, I'm secretly happy oil price has come down and I silently pray for it to even come down the more.

Why? Because I want us, Nigerian leaders, to start exploring other sources and allow oil to rest for now.
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by sexylassie2(f): 6:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
iLegendd:

You're right. We are too relied on oil. If you ask me, I'm secretly happy oil price has come down and I silently pray for it to even come down the more.

Why? Because I want us, Nigerian leaders, to start exploring other sources and allow oil to rest for now.

They won't still explore other sources, they are addicted to it, all their investment are there and many of our elites get rich from oil, so it is hard to just leave it, even with the low prices, they still make money from it but also praying that it rises back.
The highest thing they are doing now is to just cut expenses till price is up.
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by iLegendd(m): 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
sexylassie2:

They won't still explore other sources, they are addicted to it, all their investment are there and many of our elites get rich from oil, so it is hard to just leave it, even with the low prices, they still make money from it but also praying that it rises back.
The highest thing they are doing now is to just cut expenses till price is up.

Then, the poor should focus on their skills and not on their certificates, else they'll cry blood.
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by peeps4u: 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2020
sexylassie2:

Any govt in power that still fails to divest away from oil is still culpable. Buhari is still to be held accountable. Do you know how much Buhari has wasted looking for oil in north when he could have used same money improve our tech industry? The top billionaires in the world and USA are mostly from tech/IT world now.
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by sexylassie2(f): 8:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
peeps4u:

Any govt in power that still fails to divest away from oil is still culpable. Buhari is still to be held accountable. Do you know how much Buhari has wasted looking for oil in north when he could have used same money improve our tech industry? The top billionaires in the world and USA are mostly from tech/IT world now.

Govt also have to build the skills if they are serious about diversifying away from oil.

It/tech industry needs sophisticated brains for it to work, meaning they need to pump money into schools and focus on STEM

1 Like

Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by sexylassie2(f): 8:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
iLegendd:

Then, the poor should focus on their skills and not on their certificates, else they'll cry blood.

exactly, certificate is presently over rated except if you are working in specialized fields

this lockdown gave me a clue about many things especially in finding areas that are anti recession proof

to get a clue, just look at the essential and unessential lists of services that government in developed world published during this corona virus crisis

1 Like

Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by hfinest1(m): 9:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
iLegendd:

Standing on your own is never easy. I pray you overcome all financial obstacles.
thanks boss.

Boss, in other news, I really admire you and look up to you boss. I swear, I'm one of your biggest fans on this forum. Shhhh!!! No loud am o wink
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by iLegendd(m): 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2020
hfinest1:
thanks boss.

Boss, in other news, I really admire you and look up to you boss. I swear, I'm one of your biggest fans on this forum. Shhhh!!! No loud am o wink

Nice to hear. Sadly, I'm good at falling people's hands at times because I don't always yield to their demands, so don't rank me too high to avoid being disappointed in the future. #Smile.
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by peeps4u: 10:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
sexylassie2:

Govt also have to build the skills if they are serious about diversifying away from oil.

It/tech industry needs sophisticated brains for it to work, meaning they need to pump money into schools and focus on STEM

But this cant be achieved when we still prioritize oil and pump money finding oil in north. That is why I blame Buhari, just like other past leaders. We need new age and digital leaders. Our leaders are archaic.

1 Like

Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
sexylassie2:

Historically, we are used to suffering, nothing will happen except increase in crime.

Nigerians will continue to suffer and calling on God to save them.

You're dreaming.
Nigeria is about to scatter,
Since they have been calling Nigeria a time bomb, soon you'll start seeing what it means.
Problems from Coronavirus will push Nigerians to fight senseless wars against themselves.
With Coronavirus, Nigeria is on the brink of collapse.

Unless foreign powers come to our aids.
West Africa is in trouble
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by sexylassie2(f): 11:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
Isinweke:

You're dreaming.
Nigeria is about to scatter,
Since they have been calling Nigeria a time bomb, soon you'll start seeing what it means.
Problems from Coronavirus will push Nigerians to fight senseless wars against themselves.
With Coronavirus, Nigeria is on the brink of collapse.

Unless foreign powers come to our aids.
West Africa is in trouble

Nothing will happen, historically, we do not protest for anything.

Many Nigerians have faced more trouble than this and never protested.

You can only protest if the elite of a nation wants that. The elites want the status quo, so nothing will change.

Once you start any noise, your elites will talk to the their agents, the pastors and the imams to talk you out of it.
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by sexylassie2(f): 12:00am On Apr 12, 2020
peeps4u:

But this cant be achieved when we still prioritize oil and pump money finding oil in north. That is why I blame Buhari, just like other past leaders. We need new age and digital leaders. Our leaders are archaic.

It can be achieved if they also pump some part of the oil money into creating the future, it takes about 20 years to train a whole generation, if govt can start now, pumping money into schools from secondary to university,encouraging young people to go into stem, the future will be bright for Nigeria.
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 12, 2020
sexylassie2:

Nothing will happen, historically, we do not protest for anything.

Many Nigerians have faced more trouble than this and never protested.

You can only protest if the elite of a nation wants that. The elites want the status quo, so nothing will change.

Once you start any noise, your elites will talk to the their agents, the pastors and the imams to talk you out of it.

You're not making any sense,
We're talking of where Nigeria is heading to and you're seeing it as nothing worst than this will happen.

Except the Eastern Nigerians that experienced civil war on their soil.
Through out the history of Nigeria,
Nigeria have not experienced hardship they are going to face in few months from now, this hardship we are facing now is nothing compared to what we're going to face soon.

I'm saying the worst is yet to come and you're saying it has come already.

Wait make Nigeria's Covid19 cases reach 5k first.
Before then, people will start going their normal business, more people will be infected.

Nigeria will be worse than India.

You will know what it means to have the highest number of people living in extreme poverty.

The population of poor people in India is bigger than the population of the entire Nigeria.

But Nigeria have more extreme poor people than India.

Pray the cure for covid19 come out quick
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 12, 2020
I see economic boom.
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by AFvckingAlpha(m): 1:03am On Apr 12, 2020
sexylassie2:

True. If only we can diversify the economy. Over 90%of our earnings come from sale of crude oil.

You would have been affected indirectly somehow
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by AFvckingAlpha(m): 1:05am On Apr 12, 2020
The Local recession was crazy, cos most SME's in Nigeria collapsed. It affected my earnings as an undergraduate then.

This current one mad sef o!
Re: Which One Do You Think Is Worse? by AFvckingAlpha(m): 1:05am On Apr 12, 2020
Naughtysite:
I see economic boom.

E go clear for your face like BOOM!

(1) (Reply)

I Am 16 Years Older Than Her, I Have Started Liking Her Before I Knew / When A Man Cheats Relationship Continues But When A Woman Cheats Relationship En / Tiwa Savage Reveals Plans To Tell Her Six Year Old Son About Her S*x Tape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.