Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,020 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services (63647 Views)

Nigerian makeup artist escapes being killed by ritualists who posed as clients / Photos Of Nigerian Sex Workers Set To Be Deported From Ghana After Arrest. / 12 ‘corporate’ Sex Workers Arrested In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by arinze198(m): 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2020
This is not the best of times for commercial sex workers in Lagos owing to the lockdown occasioned by Covid-19 pandemic and the fact that the Minister of Health had stated that the deadly virus could be transmitted sexually.

P.M.EXPRESS investigation revealed that virtually all the brothels and hotels had practically been shut across the State. The workers were either indoors in the hotel rooms doing nothing or waiting in vain for clients to patronize them.

Some of the brothels visited in Mushin, Agege, Igando, Ikotun, Ejigbo and Isolo, Akowonjo etc were deserted without customers coming to the place to drink and patronize the workers.
Some of the workers have relocated to join their friends and relatives in order to reduce the pile of debts incurred for renting their rooms from the management to save cost.

Few of the workers, who were seen at the various hotels, were lamenting over the ugly situations they found themselves since the stay at home directive over Coronavirus took effect.

One of the workers, simply identified as Maureen in Idimu, told P.M.EXPRESS that their initial thought was that the lockdown will last for few days before they continue rendering full services but regretted that it has dragged too long and their targets for the year will be greatly affected.

Maureen explained that the situation became worse as some men have chosen to shun sex at this period; nobody comes to patronize them even on short time basis and the bills are pilling up for some of the workers who had been waiting for normal businesses to resume to no avail.

Another worker, Miss Joy, said that what surprised her the most was that there were some clients who usually come to ask for sex on credit from them promising to pay when things get normal. She lamented that even their prominent patrons do not show up again and they were finding it difficult to feed and maintain themselves.

“Now, I have realised that this business will not sustain me to take care of my family. I will quit after the lockdown” Joy said.

P.M.EXPRESS investigation revealed that most men stopped patronising those places due to fear of contracting the virus while some withdrew due to lack of money to spend at this period.

It was equally gathered that some married men have used the lockdown to reconcile with their spouses in their various homes and there was no need to go outside for such practices for now.

https://pmexpressng.com/covid-19-sex-workers-lament-as-clients-shun-their-services/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by Kriss216: 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2020
My thoughts and prayers are with them. They should hold on, all these shall be over soon. We shall go back to business as usual.. God will continue to bless you people for me.

219 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by Angelinastto(f): 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
The name "sex worker" how can someone choose fucking random strangers as a profession Most of your clients can't even feed well ATM

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by Upforsex: 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
Which of them is in asaba? Classy ones only. Make I arrange one. If you get link me up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by NwaNimo1(m): 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
They should move with the times.....to 'Webcam' live shows via laptop

Mugu's go pay.....

Contactless sex 2020.....in fact see my big dic....

[img]https://media./images/edfe0b701afc4c50fb40b89b15ec3e1c/tenor.gif[/img]

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by Haymaykar(m): 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
Olosho self dey vex.. make Dem do free give away.. But it will be so dumb cause they are actually sombori child..

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by StrikeBack(m): 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by Trutherme: 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
shocked

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
PM Sexpress

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
There is toto glut in the market so the price has fallen just like what is happenig in the crude oil market grin

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
I pity ashawo dem.
Nobody wan fork dem bicos of covid19.

To epp dia ministry,I just dey fork at least one every 2days so DAT hungry will not kill dem.

But if I asked u ur name as ashawo and u call afonja name.I move 2 d next person.
If is only me nobody will fork all d afomnja ashawo and okpo DAT full Awada.
I pray all d brodas in dis house can b kind and start forkin ashawo so DAT person daughters no go die for hunger.
because govt dont care.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by 9jatrendz: 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
cheesy
Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by MARKone(m): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
P.M.Express with their fake and stupid news

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by Kobicove(m): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
All businesses are suffering in this pandemic sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by fulaniHERDSman(m): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by wunmi590(m): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2020

Who is still reasoning sex in this lockdown, what majority of Nigerians are thinking presently is how to survive first then every other thing comes.

The sex workers should go and rest, the money they have been collecting all this while they should go and be using that to eat first and pray for the pandemic to be over quickly.

This period should also teach them how to save for the future, not everytime you buy Brazilian hair, and buy 400k iPhone to impress your friends and customer when you don't have shi shi in your account and you don't know what tomorrow hold.

Goodluck to all the ashawo grin

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by sunnyanet(m): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
Married men have used the lockdown to reconcile with their spouses in their various homes and there was no need to go outside for such practices for now....

Please bear with them, Aje awa

10 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by moscobabs(m): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
grin
Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by ednut1(m): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
Pm and lies. You visited all these inside lockdown. Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by Konji3368: 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
grin shocked
Okay
Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by Godwithus20: 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
Olosho whats you hubby
Tell me before i kill person
Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by Akube1z: 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2020
Coronavirus dey town.
Men are staying at home now

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by Ayoswit(f): 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2020
In this end time, some people still dey commit sin undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by wintersnow(m): 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2020
Chai and one was begging to straff her for #200

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by philip0906(m): 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2020
E don red for everybody. Demand don drop (everybody dey isolate) but supply still dey constant as toto be workchop

One banny trek over 2,000 metres go block my guy, on top 5k overnight. This na babe wey dey form busy all this while for am...Condition make crayfish bend.

All man on their own, now...No more free money

My phone na so so voice note of "please send me small money" from these bannies full am...As I dey hear the voice note or read the message, I dey leave am for blue tick.

Make everybody answer their papa name

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by Ebi89(f): 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2020
They should not go and look for what to do

18 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Sex Workers Lament As Clients Shun Their Services by oyewale0001(m): 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2020
It is well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Slaughters His 14-year-old Brother For Money Ritual In Kwara (Photos) / Traders In Computer Village Prevent SARS Officers From Arresting A Man (Video) / Boyfriend Slashes Girlfriend’s Throat In Adamawa State (graphic Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.